URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 3263
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Paratroopers Episode 9 pic is up"

Posted by Drive My Car on 11-14-02 at 09:03 AM
http://home.sc.rr.com/paratrooper/
and what a shocker it is
.blah
.blah
.blah
.blah
Ken

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Paratroopers Episode 9 pic is up"
Posted by Q on 11-14-02 at 09:31 AM
Some of us (me included) got burned by this Ken shield thing last week. To play devils advocate, lets just discuss this. Does this mean the "shield" is still working, ie, protecting Ken, or is he his Choice to go?

Never Let Them See You Bleed

"ROFL *huggies to buggy*"
Posted by dabo on 11-14-02 at 09:33 AM
a few more "blahblahblah"s next time, mmmmkay. *smoochies* to my favorite buggy! what's for lunch today? you may want to email webby or one of the blues (AK) to edit the post so that the non-sources peeps (like ICB) don't have it in their face while reading the posts page SMILES ARE FREE

"Hindsight 20/20"
Posted by ZJ on 11-14-02 at 09:40 AM
I just think that hindsight 20/20 will always work for Paratrooper's pick for this week.

The NYPD photo suggests that it is Ken, the NYC police officer. If he really is the boot, then Paratrooper will get credit for the right pick.

If he isn't, the picture with the comment of "Shields Up" will only lead people to think that he provided us with the warning that he is shielded or he wins immunity, etc...

"RE: Hindsight 20/20"
Posted by bondt007 on 11-14-02 at 10:53 AM
Here, here ZJ... these other sites with their cryptic picks are not doing anybody, including them, any favors. After Snewski's video and paratroopers simi-picks last week and now this week - I'm sticking here at good 'ol SB!

"A quick bash about spoiler sites."
Posted by Draco Malfoy on 11-14-02 at 11:46 AM
I'm getting tired of all the secrecy and "coded" spoilers... do what TDT does, and just SAY WHO YOU THINK IT IS! Like the Robb spoiler on Snewser... how did anyone figure that out?

And now Paratrooper is wanting to make his site a "pay" site. Screw him. There's nothing on his site I can't get elsewhere.

The Chamber of Secrets Has Been Opened. Enemies of the Heir... Beware!

"RE: A quick bash about spoiler sites."
Posted by mistofleas on 11-14-02 at 11:50 AM
And now Paratrooper is wanting to make his site a "pay" site

Is that why when I click on the link in buggy's post I don't get anything? Just a box telling me to enter a password...etc.

I thought maybe I was just being an Idiot.

--doesn't really care what paratrooper has to say, but was curious

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 11-14-02 at 12:03 PM
>And now Paratrooper is wanting to
>make his site a "pay"
>site

>
>Is that why when I click
>on the link in buggy's
>post I don't get anything?
> Just a box telling
>me to enter a password...etc.
>
>
>I thought maybe I was just
>being an Idiot.

>

That's something else- I think it comes up when he starts getting a lot of hits- kind of like GeoCrappies locks down for a while when too many people try to access a site there. Oh for the days before Yahoo! owned the internet. I got it a lot last week.

Anyways, no, he had a blurb on his site about how he is considering keeping the site open to those who make donations, and even had a link to click on about donations. I didn't waste my time.

The Chamber of Secrets Has Been Opened. Enemies of the Heir... Beware!

Posted by mistofleas on 11-14-02 at 12:12 PM
Thank you Muffin (hee hee, Draco Muffin *snicker*)

I'll keep trying it.

I have no qualms whatsoever about paying to keep a site open as long as I frequent it a lot. I was in the first wave of people to make donations back during S2 so Webby could buy a new thingy bopper to make sure the whozits worked. (as you can tell I'm not very technical). All I knew was it needed to be done, Webby needed money so I gave.

Someone like paratrooper? Not for me but I bet those who spend a lot of time there will be happy to pay.

--thinks we don't need anyone but Webby

Posted by toddE on 11-14-02 at 06:23 PM
I'm with you Mistofleas. I contributed to this site because I'm here all the time, even when the actual show isn't all that great (like currently). The pure spoiler sites, like Paratrooper, aren't all that interesting. I went to see the Robb and Shii boots. And I must say that Snewser came through with the Marquesas final 4 in order. But those sites aren't worth actually paying for.

Posted by J Slice on 11-14-02 at 03:05 PM

Besides, where's the fun in reading someone else's predictions? I have no problem with being wrong in my boot picks, I don't see why everyone's gotta have it right... Him and Snewser can go screw... I don't read the predictions anyway ^_^

Posted by tattletale on 11-14-02 at 03:08 PM
Some of these other sights make a prediction and then change by next morning. Its all a guessing game, its suppose to be fun, but some of these people on other boards ruin that for me.

Posted by ulalame on 11-14-02 at 10:53 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-02 AT 12:38 PM (EST)

Edited again to say, since Paratrooper's site appears to be inaccessible for the time being, what did his pick look like?

Was it one of the x-photos as in the past, or was it like last week's "salute to Ken"?

Posted by fivestarwheezy on 11-14-02 at 03:03 PM
It was a photo of NYPD on horses, I believe.

Wheeeeeez

"This is what the link says ....."
Posted by katem on 11-14-02 at 03:19 PM
It goes like this:

WHO IS NEXT TO GO?

"RE: This is what the link says ....."
Posted by REIGN67 on 11-14-02 at 03:27 PM
He is being very clear. If you mouse of the pics, you get three messages.

the ep9 boot is

your boy from NYC

Bye! Bye! Ken see ya.

"Pay Site"
Posted by TXlady on 11-14-02 at 06:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-02 AT 06:29 PM (EST)

I don't know what his deal with Pay site is all about. Site is 100% donation run. He'd be paying for it anyway, it's a free service for getting internet access.

I may not have SC Road Runner But I DO have Road Runner and my web address is very much like his. http://home.hot.rr.com/username

Here's what it says at the place to set up your web site:

"Personal Home Pages is a free premium service offered to you by Road Runner. This service allows you to create your own personal place on the web where your friends and family can access it anytime from their computer. You automatically have 5 MB of space reserved." ~ Actually I got 10 MB Free and didn't do anything special.

So what exactly are his costs aside from Hobby time? The cost to have internet access??? Something he would have anyway. He just wants to get paid to speculate IMHO.