URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 326
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"This year's Justin Guarini?"

Posted by geekboy on 03-28-05 at 08:20 PM
I had a thought today.

Something has been bugging at me ever since Constantine made the top 12. It hit me today - he's this year's Justin Guarini. He'll make it far on looks and attitude and personality.

Thoughts?

geekboy

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Justin turned me off big-time"
Posted by Loquatrix on 03-28-05 at 08:42 PM
so yes, there could well be something to what you say. ;)

"RE: This year's Justin Guarini?"
Posted by badger on 03-28-05 at 10:30 PM
with her hair, i thought nadia was this year's justin.

"and Bo is this season's Clay..."
Posted by Ricky on 03-29-05 at 10:27 AM
Yes, Constantine could be this season's Justin.

Bo could be this season's Clay Aiken. He won't win AI but he could still be very popular.

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

"RE: and Bo is this season's Clay..."
Posted by geekboy on 03-29-05 at 10:38 AM
Ricky -

Saying that Bo can't win AI4 is you letting your emotions win over common sense. Bo certainly is one of the front runners to win, and has as much chance of winning as does Carrie, or any of the other 'front runners'. Bo could very likely take the whole thing.

Its very early to predict a winner (hint hint Simon!) and its also very early to say someone cannot win, especially with the talent on deck this season.

geekboy

Posted by seahorse on 03-29-05 at 01:38 PM
I don't see Constantine reaching the top 2.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by BriarRosie on 03-29-05 at 01:41 PM
The scary part is that I can use the trite expression:

"Been there. Done That. Bought the T-Shirt."

Someone in another thread mentioned that Constantine wore a
Justin Guarini shirt during one of the semi-final rounds, and
I know I saw someone post a pic of him wearing it.

Ironic much? LOL!

If Constantine develops the winking that Justin (and TA's Erin) perfected, I'm gonna hurl.

Posted by ginger on 03-29-05 at 03:10 PM
Except Constantine seems even oozier to me, because I'd swear he was in his 30s, and human cheese (unlike Brie) ages badly. I almost hate Constantine as much as I hated Justin, though, so I guess the comparison works for me.

They both do that nauseating "call me" hand sign, with wink and leer, at the end of performances. Ick.

Posted by angelworth29 on 03-30-05 at 10:18 AM

I am so relieved that I'm not the only one that hates Constantine. I even hate typing his name. I can't stand his frizzy hair, his double chin, his weird gross evil smile, his voice, the way he looks at the camera, how tall he is, how people compare him to Eddie Vedder, actually, just anything and everything about him. I flinch every time they show him, whether he is singing or not. I can't believe that anyone over the age of twelve would think he is even somewhat attractive, though my husband tells me he knows of at least three women at work that have screen savers with his likeness. I didn't want to type his name again. It pains me. I feel better now. Carry on.

Posted by mrc on 03-30-05 at 10:22 AM
Thank you. You summed up my thoughts nicely.

A Nefarious Dice Creation
Esp. the pain part.

"That #####-faced pantywaist"
Posted by Coconut on 03-30-05 at 01:06 PM
totally tickles my gag reflex. I hate his little "sexy" face and his hair shake; you know he practices it in front of the mirror. Ugh.

On the bright side, I read the most hilarious slash story in which Constantine and Ryan were lovers, but Constantine cheated with Simon, so Seacrest lost it and shot him. Made my day.

Thanks to RollDdice for a bitchslapping sig!

"RE: That #####-faced pantywaist"
Posted by mrc on 03-30-05 at 01:27 PM
For a sec, I thought you were referring to me!

A Nefarious Dice Creation

Posted by robyn12 on 03-30-05 at 02:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-05 AT 02:35 PM (EST)

>

> I can't believe that
>anyone over the age of
>twelve would think he is
>even somewhat attractive, though my
>husband tells me he knows
>of at least three women
>at work that have screen
>savers with his likeness.

I am 28 and think he's a hunk! Lots of women that I know do too -- I really think older women, not 12 year olds, are the ones that like him most.

IMO it's the only time AI had a really good looking male contestant that would appeal to us older women too --

Posted by ginger on 03-30-05 at 03:17 PM

That must be it. I'm just too young to see his charms.

Posted by fairyprincess on 03-30-05 at 03:56 PM
Angel, please tell us how you REALLY feel. It's not healthy to keep your emotions bottled up.... j/k

Posted by robyn12 on 03-30-05 at 02:29 PM
I think Nadia is this year's Justin -- she's all image and unusual facial expressions and no substance to back it up.

It's amazing how Vonzell and Carrie can just stand there and sing and they don't have to make all of those weird faces like Nadia does. It's all an act with her... I can't stand to look at her.

I think Constantine is this years Clay. No, he doens't have Clay's voice -- but I think if he doesn't win, he will sell more than whoever does.