URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3255
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AI 11 Top 3 Performance ECST"

Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 07:17 PM
3 Idols, 3 songs, and finally we get to see what they would choose when the theme lets them pick anything they want.

One Contestant's Choice
One Judge's Choice
One Jimmy's Choice

WNTS seems to only have three songs in the spoilers as previous sung. That can't be right.

Don't worry, still plenty of ballads to be dirgified that haven't been on Idol, yet.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"GA, CA, LA Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 08:01 PM
Hometown heroes, must win the hearts of the nation.

Jessica looks really overdressed next to P2.

"RE: GA, CA, LA Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 08:04 PM
Surely there can be a flattering pantsuit J.Lo can wear because that ain't it.

Stairs of Doom try to take out Seacrest, but fail.

Next week the finale, performance on Tuesday, Finale on Weds.

Ryan says the crowds bigger than ever in the hometowns.

1. Judges

2. Contestants

3. Jimmy

"Joshua Ledet 1"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 08:08 PM
Randy says...Why Break, um why fix what ain't broke.

I'd Rather Go Blind - Etta James

"RE: Joshua Ledet 1"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 08:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-12 AT 08:16 PM (EST)

Again with the lots of people on stage, Horn section, back up singers. Keyboards.

Stand O, J. Lo missed the cue and stood up after the cameras cut over.

S. Joshua, another Joshua moment, so surreal to see the audience scream for an old song. You sang like that 1 in 70,000.

J. Struggled with what to give you, today vs throwback, fed you what we knew you would feed back to us.

R. In creamsicle Orange Jacket. Modern times in the R&B needs whatever this old thing Joshua sang, sorry, the jacket and flair was really distracting.

ETA: Oh, they were craving Kraft anything dressing, it was using the same song Joshua just sang. *facepalm*

"Jessica Sanchez 1"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 08:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-12 AT 08:20 PM (EST)

Season 12 voted outs in the house.

My All - Mariah Carey

Oh so different, than all the other age inappropriate ballads sung by this type of singer.

"RE: Jessica Sanchez 1"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 08:24 PM
R. That was absolutely beautiful, Name drops Mariah, tell people never to do it, I think it is one of the best a Mariah song performed on TV.

J. Hard song. You did it so beautifully in your own way, didn't do the big part at the end, have the control, what we wanted people to see.

S. You make people hang on your every note. I hope you get used to encores. You will be the last one standing.

Ryan asks if S predicted the winner.

Posted by irishrose on 05-16-12 at 08:24 PM
My ears are bleeding

Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 08:26 PM
Can we change the lyrics to the first song to I'd Rather Go Deaf?

Posted by zookeepertx on 05-16-12 at 08:31 PM
Hated that song by Jessica! B-O-R-I-N-G! And she couldn't hit the lower notes. And it seemed like she was losing it on some of the runs. And... just EWWWW! (I actually like Jessica, but not that song).

"Phillip Phillips 1"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 08:29 PM
Beggin' - Madcon because Steven is going to drag a melody out of P2 if it kills him, or Phillip, or us.

"RE: Phillip Phillips 1"
Posted by irishrose on 05-16-12 at 08:34 PM
Is P2P trying to be Dave Matthews

Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 08:34 PM
S. Can you believe this guy.

J. You're funny to me, because you have to mess with the melody. You catch a groove and it was great.

S. So beautiful to watch you unfold. Spotlight in your face, sun, hope you write your own songs, could be a new age boss, Springsteen.

R. That was very poetic. S says he is in lyric world. R. At the PP concert. So in the zone and have been since day one, don't care have a good time. Take the challenge, another incredible performance by you. You are who you are and we love it.

Posted by zookeepertx on 05-16-12 at 08:34 PM
Okay, I actually liked P2s song this time! I've been getting pretty tired of him, but I thought he nailed that one!

"Joshua Ledet 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 08:47 PM
Contestant's Choice.

First person to sell out the hometown arena. It was touchy knowing all people came out to support him. LA sent some flair.

Hometown visit footage.

Cops, Crawfish Boil. Takes us to church, literally. Niece with him in the Parade. Goes to the High School. Concert at the arena, It's a Man's World. Fireworks.

Imagine - John Lennon WNTS: 62.2

"RE: Joshua Ledet 2"
Posted by zookeepertx on 05-16-12 at 08:51 PM
That was the least Joshua's ever annoyed me, LOL!

"RE: Joshua Ledet 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 08:52 PM
Good thing Lennon's Dead. I think that squeal/screech would have killed him.

Holly shown clapping for him. No ovation this time.

S. It was beautiful, another thank you God moment, everytime you take it over the top. You are so fine. Damn.

J. Pulled back and controlled, almost like you are preaching while you are singing. Three different voices, all beautiful in their own way. Performance that you bring, that you dig deep, what makes you special. That takes courage and a different kind of strength.

R. Why did you choose that song. Josh, I was riding in the car and heard it on the radio, and delivering the message it had. R. Carry that on, everything should mean something to you. No attachment to a lot this days. Dig deep people feel you dude. Love the way you pulled back but gave us some Josh at the end.

"Jessica Sanchez 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 09:03 PM
Weird seeing those people, I was the home schooled dork. Guys were chasing her car.

Helicopter to San Diego. Lands at the stadium where the auditions were. Limo. Interview, Ampitheater, Limo to Home. Limo with family, Parade. The High School she doesn't go to. Limo to Midway (Navy Ship). Much less of her singing than Joshua.

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing - Aerosmith WNTS: 45.7

"RE: Jessica Sanchez 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 09:07 PM
Steven Standing, no one else.

S. you just took a great song and made it greater. Beautiful.

J. You don't know what a big deal that is. He has never said one good thing when someone sings his song. That note at the end sent everyone into the heavens.

R. Choosing some tough hills to climb. This girl is bold. She wants this. Started a little slow, the chord change and the big moment you delivered.

"Phillip Phillips 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 09:18 PM
Shot, PP you still owe me $10. Named a meal after him.

Leesburg. His fans in a cage. Cops. Back to the Pawn Shop. Seemed awkward with Dad, less awkward with the stuffed turkey. Limo to home. Parade with Mom and Dad. Concert with guitar.

Disease - Matchbox 20 and played it for the home town clip.

"RE: Phillip Phillips 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 09:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-12 AT 09:23 PM (EST)

Sitting on band equip travel boxes, hugs the blond sax chick.

J. That was an easy performance, I didn't feel like the Wow performance we need right now. See what you got next. It was good.

S. Feel the same way, wasn't over the top, PP, you don't have a disease hold it close to your chest and rock out.

R. You guys didn't love that. Wow, this is weird. People say all we do is agree, I didn't like it either. Here's why, subdued moment, you can do that in your sleep. More of a moment. Just OK.

Ryan, I saw PP senior packing some heat in that clip, I'd watch out if I were you guys. Dad nods in the audience.

"Joshua Ledet 3"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 09:30 PM
No More Drama - Mary J Blige

Jimmy thinks he could use another moment and she brought it to church in one performance.

"RE: Joshua Ledet 3"
Posted by irishrose on 05-16-12 at 09:32 PM
Jimmy must not like Joshua or he hates the audience. or both

Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 09:34 PM
Going to bounce the drama away. Jacket came off.

They are all sitting, how odd.

R. At this point it doesn't matter what you do, what you sing, you laid everything on this stage, people should vote for you. The natural performer you were. That is what being a great artist is about, ripping the ear pieces out.

J. Like what I was saying before. Knowing exactly what you are doing and letting go at the same time. Feels so natural when you take off the jacket, the ears fall off, you know it is going to get gospel and then it gets crazy. Spontaneity.

S. Did you not see how Jennifer went off. That was beautiful. I watch you and felt the last 40 years of the music business, over the top.

Posted by irishrose on 05-16-12 at 09:36 PM
ummm are we the only ones watching????

Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 09:38 PM
zoo chimed in a couple of times, I think most people hold off and DVR the thing for the 6 minutes of content.

Posted by irishrose on 05-16-12 at 09:41 PM
lol I'm watching while working so no DVR to help

Posted by qwertypie on 05-16-12 at 10:25 PM
Still waiting for it to start. (35 mintues)

Posted by zookeepertx on 05-16-12 at 10:12 PM
I was waiting for my hearing to come back after the screaming before I could post, LOL!

"Jessica Sanchez 3"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 09:41 PM
*looks at remaining spoilers* Oh gosh that one song would be really inappropriate.

I'll Be There - Jackson 5 WNTS: 40.0 Oh the Jackson 5 song, good. But we get product placement.

Jimmy wants to show how young she is but be for an older audience.

"RE: Jessica Sanchez 3"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 09:45 PM
Judges sitting.

S. Reminds me of don't bore us get to the chorus, gorgeous, over the top.

J. Good choice from Jimmy, perfect tone in your voice. Sounds like Michael, and Jermain in that one part, killed it so hard at the end.

R. I liked it OK. At the end, dynamic other singers, never a moment moment moment, wanted the Mariah version.

"RE: Jessica Sanchez 3"
Posted by zookeepertx on 05-16-12 at 10:12 PM
That was the best of her 3 performances, I thought.

"Phillip Phillips 3"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 09:51 PM
More Product Placement.

We've Got Tonight - Bob Seger

Jimmy trips on the stairs. Addressed the female fans, but not turn off the guys. Phillip might stick to the melody.

"RE: Phillip Phillips 3"
Posted by Snidget on 05-16-12 at 09:56 PM
No guitar, just piano in the background.

Why is he rubbing his thigh so much?

Audience clapping arrhythmically. They get the to stop. Now has a string section.

Take off the lights? Did he just sing take off the lights?

Gets a standing judge O and J. Lo is late for her cue again.

R. Jimmy the perfect song at the perfect time. Best performance ever. Here is why. When you need moments, you had a giant moment. Will he sing the melody, you can do it, you just choose to do something else. Ready to win it.

J. I know one thing. About a million girls who wish you were singing it to them. Really sweet.

S. That was beautiful. BLEEPED, sang like you just didn't care. All that passion wrapped up in side. Nailed it.