URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3252
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AI 11 Top 4 Performance ECST"

Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 07:55 PM
All the notes are flat
And P2's shirt is grey
I've been scared to watch
on this day in May

4 idols, two songs, two duets, two hours. Is there enough commercials and filler in all the world?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 08:05 PM
The person who goes home tonight is Skylar Laine

The further we go

Each cut gets deeper

With just 4 remaining

It will be a fight

Blown away playing

When the dust settles....

Judges walk the stage. Ryan down the stairs of doom.

In just two weeks American Idol will be named.

These are your top foru.

Josh in a cowl necked shirt I think I owned in 1975.

Each contestants journey for filler.

"Phillip Phillips 1"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 08:06 PM
Have You Ever Seen The Rain - CCR

No Guitar, dark grey T-shirt.

"RE: Phillip Phillips 1"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 08:10 PM
I did not know this was a happy song? or about surfing?

Why is Randy wearing a checkered table cloth?

S. The road to success is always under construction.

J. Joe Cocker quality, the vocal quality perfect for the song.

R. Started a little rough, find your way with the pitch. As soon as you hit the chorus you lightened up, sensational from then no. When you have a good time, we have a good time.

"RE: Phillip Phillips 1"
Posted by Estee on 05-09-12 at 08:12 PM
Randy owns a fine selection of checkered tablecloths which he often wears with glass napkin rings.

(It's that kind of night.)

"But Nigel says it's not broken!"
Posted by Estee on 05-09-12 at 08:10 PM
http://www.tvguide.com/News/American-Idol-Revamp-11-Ways-1047040.aspx

I suppose 'get some people who can sing' is too much to ask for.

"Hollie Cavanagh 1"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 08:16 PM
Faithfully - Journey WNTS: 40.0

Next week is the home town visit.

"RE: Hollie Cavanagh 1"
Posted by Estee on 05-09-12 at 08:21 PM
I would hate to sing a Journey composition in front of Randy. I don't want to be the contestant who has to hear him say 'I don't know that song and neither does anyone else.'

"RE: Hollie Cavanagh 1"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 08:21 PM
What kind of cloth vomit is that shirt made out of? The wind machine does not help it make any more sense.

R. Peaking at the right time. So amazed, she really championed you, you came back and you've been slaying it. Dropping Journey names. Dude you were right in the zone. Holly wants to take this thing.

J. I always believed, got me emotional to see how far you have come. I think it is all of it. To see you, how layed back, been waiting to see that confidence, share your gift with everyone.

S. I watched you 2 years ago, so young, watch you blossom. Creativity is a delicate flower, make it bloom every night, beautiful.

"Wait..."
Posted by emydi on 05-10-12 at 11:00 AM
Randy was in Journey?

"Joshua Ledet 1"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 08:30 PM
Jason Derulo pimpage.

Josh getting coke wall interview.

You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban

"RE: Joshua Ledet 1"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 08:35 PM
The phrasing on this is really odd. Josh, you are no Josh Groban.

Hey, he's getting the church choir with him, that's new and unique. *sigh*

J. Whole world knows what I think of Josh. Such amazing singers with this last 4. That was who I thought might be here. another great performance, love the draama with the lift stage. You could wind up right there.

S. Glad you got on that plane, you are the plane, you sang your tush off. Courage is fear you have said your prayers and the world is accepting you.

R. Glad you came back, you validate what we say. Never thought you would do this, bring it to church, everything you do, so excited. Have a ginormous career ahead of you.

"RE: Joshua Ledet 1"
Posted by zookeepertx on 05-09-12 at 08:36 PM
Didn't do anything for me at all. It was like he was - I don't know the correct term - "scooping" into a lot of the notes; like he couldn't find them.

"Jessica Sanchez 1"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 08:42 PM
Gack this video makes her less appealing than ever. She has no idea how she comes off. I mean I know she's 16, but seriously lacking in any sort of self-awareness.

Steal Away - Etta James

"RE: Jessica Sanchez 1"
Posted by zookeepertx on 05-09-12 at 08:43 PM
Oooh, way to give Jessica a more "age appropriate" song, guys! NOT!

Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 08:45 PM
She can scream in tune, which is somthing, I guess.

J. How old were you growling in that video, who taught you that. In full effect tonight. For me one of the best in such a long time.

S. I loved it. Doing an Etta James song myself, showed the other side of your voice. You are changing and that is a beautiful thing.

R. Love the whole vibe, all that pain, and to be able to tap into that. That girl can sing the phone book.

Posted by Estee on 05-09-12 at 08:49 PM
I'd like to hear Jessica sing a phone book just to see if it would somehow be less boring than hearing her sing just about anything else.

"Joshua and Phillip Duet"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 08:51 PM
This Love - Maroon 5

Please let them sing this to each other

"RE: Joshua and Phillip Duet"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 08:55 PM
We must have two pianos between us at all times. That's how you create chemistry in a duet, right?

S. That was brilliant, perfect, nice going Nigel, taking credit for everything.

J. So different, like Adam Levine and Usher, Unexpected treat.

R. You brought a little something, the uh uh uh uh, syncopated stuff. What is this when it started, amazing.

So, what did they put in their cups, or are they off their meds.

Ryan wants an ice cream when he looks at Randy's jacket.

"RE: Joshua and Phillip Duet"
Posted by zookeepertx on 05-09-12 at 08:56 PM
Wow, that was SO much better than their previous duet!

"Jessica Hollie Duet"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 09:01 PM
Eternal Flame - The Bangles.

They are on swings.

"RE: Jessica Hollie Duet"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 09:04 PM
R. That was a little strange for me.
Joshua and Phillip in their swings distracting from the Judging.
I didn't get the best from either of you.

J. I love that song, both have sweetness and power and showed both those things.

S. They way they sang theirs you didn't, our favorite swingers.

Ryan. Apparently a bromance.

"Rock of Ages Filler"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 09:09 PM
With Adam Shankman

"Top Four"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 09:15 PM
Waiting For A Girl Like You.

"RE: Top Four"
Posted by qwertypie on 05-10-12 at 02:36 AM
That made me weep and not in a good way.

"Phillip Phillips 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 09:23 PM
Coke Interview, ask about his health.

There's Jimmy.

Volcano - Damien Rice

"RE: Phillip Phillips 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 09:27 PM
He has his guitar this time.

S. Agree with Jimmy, you dug the way you sung, never heard you sing like that. That was beautiful.

J. That was very few people could have pulled that off on a competition show. Testament to who you are and who you want to be. One of the most poignant moments. The girl and the musician, lovely.

R. Dude so you. Love you because you are your own guy, one of your best performances of the whole season. Little simple statement has more volume.

"Hollie Cavanagh 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 09:29 PM
I Can't Make You Love Me - Bonnie Raitt WNTS: 64.3

Song like this have to get into the words, and don't oversing.

"RE: Hollie Cavanagh 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 09:34 PM
S. I think Jimmy was right, you have to go through a bunch of things, I felt a little short of the dynamic range of how you can sing.

J. Sometimes when you've interpreted, up and down easier to sing those songs. This is where I belong, way into the song. You bought emotion, a bit too much shaking, made your vocal go off. Almost wanted to formulate the comments I wanted to say, but didn't happen that way

R. Wasn't the maturity, you need moments, this is a great song, but you are a different singer, it gave you no where to go. No moments for me.

"Joshua Ledet 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 09:41 PM
It's a Man's Man's Man's World - James Brown WNTS: 70.0

Says Jimmy says the most random things. Jimmy says call, and Joshua says I don't have your phone number.

"RE: Joshua Ledet 2"
Posted by zookeepertx on 05-09-12 at 09:43 PM
Joshua screaming again... who could've seen THAT coming?!

Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 09:47 PM
It's as obvious as the bus that ran over Hollie tonight, repeatedly.

Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 09:47 PM
Lots of musicians for this.

What was that flutter the mic move, it was rather awkward and weird, and the grimacing.

Standing O for him, again.

S. Neither Man nor woman sung that good with so much compassion ever, I can go home right now. Never heard anything like that in my life.

J. Maybe thought we'd seen everything you have to give, we hadn't. I have to say it in Spanish, making me speak different languages, sickening.

R. Everyone saw this got something from this. This is the time when people sing, best performances on any show. I feel like a broken record. Yes you are, very broken, really broken, over and over and over.

J says she actually went to church, I knew what that meant, but I saw the Lord.

Posted by zookeepertx on 05-09-12 at 09:51 PM
Geez- tongue baths from the judges, of course! Oh, can they worship him any harder? Makes me dislike him even more.

"Jessica Sanchez 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 09:53 PM
And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going - Jennifer Holliday WNTS: 61.6

Oh yikes. Has there ever been a more self-absorbed 16 year old girl ever?

"RE: Jessica Sanchez 2"
Posted by zookeepertx on 05-09-12 at 09:55 PM
Hmmmm, maybe she can outscream Joshua! I'm thinking I should have skipped the 2nd hour & watched Criminal Minds instead, LOL!

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 05-10-12 at 12:08 PM
I usually tune in for the second hour after Survivor. Last night I lasted all of 30 seconds and watched Nova on PBS instead.

Posted by agman on 05-10-12 at 12:48 PM
If this singing gig doesn't work out for her, she could always become one of those B-movie horror actresses and scream all she wants!

Posted by Snidget on 05-09-12 at 09:58 PM
Can I file a restraining order? The cops will take you away in hand cuffs if need be.

Please stop shouting at me.

Standing O, but they looked a bit reluctant to do it.

S. Another wining performance, just over the to. Getting out of yourself, so everyone forgets where they are and what they are doing.

J. Seems like it will be a real race to the finish. Nothing to say. Vocal ability is not something you see all the time. You let out so much through your voice, to contain all that without moving just ripping your soul apart, a real moment. That was amazing.

R. Don't know what is going on tonight, You guys are really in it to really win it. This is one of the hardest songs to sing. You slayed it. Don't know where oyu find it. Another great performance. Julian Lennon in the house and Randy has to name drop.