URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3239
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Misc ramblings"

Posted by KeithFan on 04-14-12 at 02:44 AM
Haven't posted much here this season, these are my observations.

1. I knew whoever would end up being one of my favorites would be the one getting the Haley Reinhart treatment from the judges. Hello Hollie, my prediction came true. Not the performer that Haley was/is as her guest appearance showed, but I have a soft spot for the plucky underdog.

2. Is there any song that Joshua can't scream? My word. I swear if they had a Simon and Garfunkel week Joshua could find a way to scream out "Scarborough Fair", and the judges would give him a standing ovation for "making it his own."

3. I'm starting to reeeally dislike Randy Jackson. I get the hype for Jessica, she is another in the long line of really good singers that I'll never by a song from that AI likes to throw out there. But getting PO'd at the people who are supposed to be choosing the winner? Why do we even have voting? Now to top it all off, on Randy Jackson presents.. America's Best Dance Crew, they are making "Mixed Elements" dance for their lives next week. One of their dancers is originally from my daughter's studio and still does their hip hop choreography. They were even wearing our studio's colors. They were obviously not the worst, but they need to pimp certain groups for demographic reasons.

4. I miss Simon on this show so badly.

5. Most of the group performances are kind of cheesy, but I think this week topped them all. While I was watching the Pink number I could only think of the cast of Glee doing Pink.

6. I didn't watch the finale last year; didn't matter to me anymore because the judges were able to use their bully pulpit and get the finale they wanted, regardless of talent. I think this season is a backlash and they are hyping Jessica as the "talent at any cost", regardless if she connects with the voters or not. I am done with this season, because the outcome is already decided.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Misc ramblings"
Posted by csnumber23 on 04-14-12 at 01:45 PM
Excellent post! I agree with all of it. I didn't watch the finale last year either. I am still watching this season for now but I doubt I will be by the finale. I doubt I will even attempt to watch at all next season unless they replace ALL 3 of those so called judges.

Posted by agman on 04-18-12 at 07:38 PM
As long as we are rambling, I miss Geekboy! His posts were a crack up!!!!!

Posted by susang on 04-19-12 at 04:19 PM
I've been watching The Voice more than AI11