URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3231
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Rankings Top 8"

Posted by csnumber23 on 04-05-12 at 07:16 AM
#1 - Phillip and Elise duet - really enjoyed it

#2 - Skylar - Showed lots of versatility

#3 - Colton - solid performance

#4 - Colton and Skylar duet - was good

#5 - Holly - I liked it a lot and too bad she will probably be eliminated

#6 - Phillip - Not his best but still not bad

#7 - Elise - Same as Phillip but I still liked it

#8 - Jessica - not great, not bad

#9 - Holly and Deandre duet - Holly was excellent

#10 - Jessica and Joshua duet - a screeching contest and these idiot judges are making me really dislike these 2 due to there obvious favoritism.

#11 - Joshua - took a nice ballad and turned it in to a church song of screeching, I hated it

#12 - Deandre - he just can't sing, period!

Overall - It is obvious they want Holly eliminated because she is a threat to there hand picked Jessica. Too bad Holly is better. If the same judges are back next year I will not be watching, they are ruining the show for me. I am going to fast forward the DVR on them from here on.

Should go -

Deandre - Finally saving my ears
Joshua - I am bored with his singing B2
Jessica - Not as good as the others left

Will go -

Holly - A shame because she is really talented
Elise - If it isn't Holly then it's her - B2
Deandre - Will fodder another week base on moron judges sabotage.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Rankings Top 8"
Posted by zazzy on 04-05-12 at 09:04 AM
Agree the judges were working their plan last night. I detailed their tricks in the Agenda thread. Seemed to really be a script last night with Jimmy I chiming in as well (saying Deandre would be b3, Colton safe).

Holly sings better than many remaining...but it won't be the first time we've seen someone good go before their favs. I was cleaning up my DVR this past weekend and ff'd through the Las Vegas groups show. Holly's performance was not even in it! All the other 7 of the top 8 were. And HeyJun. And Jermaine. And Erica. And Shannon. And Jeremy. No Hollie.

Posted by frodis on 04-05-12 at 10:52 AM
Not a great night, in my opinion. I'm having a hard time picking a #1.

2. Phillip. It was his usual performance, but not quite as polished as his usual performance. I can't really complain about it but I didn't love it.

2. Elise. It wasn't as good as she was last week, but it was still very good. I thought she fiddled around a little too much at the end trying to recreate that run she did two weeks ago and it just wasn't as good.

3. Jessica. Meh. I lost interest part way through and found it forgettable. Nothing really wrong with it, there was just nothing special about it either.

4. Hollie. Poor Hollie. She is totally getting tossed under the bus. So this time she chose an upbeat song (not a big power ballad) dressed young and cute, moved around a LOT and still got hammered. Now, I agree, her pitch was wobbly, probably because she was pushing too hard and running all over the place. But really, did Jennifer Lopez actually say to her, you listened to us but your problem is listening to us. You need to know who you are, even though when you were who you are we told you to do something else? Poor kid. She is talented, but she's toast.

5. Colton. Kind of tired of the extreme closeups and his staring into the camera at an angle. Not that that's his fault, entirely. The song was okay. There was something that I liked about him originally but I'm starting to forget what it was.

6. Deandre. I have to hand it to Deandre. He had a good night. He's toast, eventually, but I'm hoping he can put together a few more performances where he has some confidence and doesn't look like a lost puppy afterward. I liked that he didn't do all-falsetto this week. His voice is actually nice. The falsetto is a trick that works for him, but you know, once you go to the trick too often it loses its "wow."

7. Joshua. His singing style makes it seem like he's always on the edge of a massive meltdown. It makes it uncomfortable to watch him. Maybe it's his hyper angsty song choices, followed up with saying things to Ryan about how he doesn't know anything about love and is singing to help other people. (Really? To help people? Um. Okay.) His voice is great (it truly is) but he's not pleasant to listen to.

8. Skylar. Did not deserve a standing ovation. She probably landed in #8 for me because she was (in my opinion) drastically overpimped. She ran out of breath and blew the last note. She took a song that is about tenderness and friendship and clobbered us with it. It was almost like an accusation. It was just all wrong, and why she got the mountains of praise for it - I have no clue. She was given the opposite advice of Hollie - dress up, stand still, and to me, it was like she was a fire hydrant under full pressure and someone took the cap off and she stood there and spewed that song out. Not my cup of tea. She sort of beats the poop out of everything she sings and I kind of want to scoop up the song afterwards and apologize to it.

Posted by mrc on 04-05-12 at 01:53 PM
She sort of beats the poop out of everything she sings and I kind of want to scoop up the song afterwards and apologize to it.

Absolutely beautiful and spot on!

A Slice of Manga

Posted by csnumber23 on 04-05-12 at 04:33 PM
Nobody has been over pimped anywhere close to Jessica and then Joshua. They have not had Jessica perform one time yet in the first 5. They want her to win and it is obvious to anyone. This is the first week Skylar was over pimped.

Posted by qwertypie on 04-05-12 at 08:28 PM
Totally agree with you about Joshua. And I dislike him even more for butchering that song.

Posted by emydi on 04-05-12 at 11:11 AM
Solos

1. P2 I wish he had done something else from the Genesis album Home by the Sea would have been better Mama?!?--the HA HA HAs would have be AWWWWE-some

2. DeAndre Falshitto and whipping hair in abundance VFTW Victory! I actually liked this song (bows head in embarrassment)

3. Elise-not her best but still better than the rest

4. Joshua-ok

5. Colton-one of his better song choices but meh

6. Jessica-yawn another WH song

7. Hollie-the poor girl...she had the chance but blew it I love this song too

8. Skylar-meh I hate this song so I didn't hear most of it She should have stuck with 9-5

Duets

1. Joshua/Jessica-this is the closest thing to a moment for these two that I think I will ever experience...LOVE THIS song

2. Elise/P2-love the song loved this duet

3. Hollie/DeAndre-good, Hollie was hampered by her 8 inch heels though

4. Colton/Skylar-omh how horrible

Overall rankings

1.5 P2 he's the winner, ladies and gentlemen

2.5 DeAndre--WOOT

2.5 Elise-the best woman by far

2.5 Joshua-that duet was really good

3.5 Jessica ditto

4.5 Colton meh

5.0 Hollie

6.0 Skylar

Should be B3

Colton Hollie Skylar

Colton should go he's a tool

No doubt (tehe) the B3 will be Elise DeAndre Hollie

Will go DeAndre

Posted by mindy23 on 04-06-12 at 12:28 PM
I'm gonna really stir the pot here and do some disagreein'. Uh-oh...

I think Hollie has a great voice, but there's something very 'off' about her personality. She has ZERO stage presence and her speech (not Aussie/not Brit-something very weird) is a real turn-off. OK, I'll give it to her that she's probably a sweet girl, but that's not going to cut it when it comes down to record deals and performing in front of a stadium full of screaming idiots/I mean teenagers. She does NOT have what it takes to win this competition by any means. Even Hilfiger can't change this girl into a winner....Sorry. MHO. She's awkward, backwards, and it's a shame, but the truth.

Joshua is getting repetitive over and over and over. I guess I just did, too. HUH? Same old same old, and Jen is getting the 'goosies' over and over every time. Yes, he's good, but I LOVE that song, and he took it way over the top, where it was never meant to go. Did you notice there were NO emails or letters or personal shows from ANY of the original artists last night? No Cyndi Lauper or Phil Collins showing up? Hummm. Tells you something about that whole '80's performance!

Speaking of Phil's...Phil Phil is getting on my nerves! Give the dude some x-lax the evening before he performs, and maybe he won't be so stiff when he performs. What is the deal? Duclox in the PM gives a good BM in the AM! HE looks like he's getting ready to spazzz out. Is he imitating Joe Cocker or straining to get the notes? I don't get him at all. And, again, Jen gets goosies....

Elise's performance week before last was one of the best EVER on Idol! And yet...because she's older, more mature, whatever, she gets less and less accolades than anyone else. She sits in that hot seat almost every week. And the judges say ZILCH. She has the voice, she has the skills, and even Stevie Nix said she'd take her on tour. Oh well. Elton John said HE'D take Fantasia on tour with him, too. Bet he wouldn't now...She got pimped in the wrong direction, too, didn't she? SAD!

I was NO unhappy, and unlike little sis, did not shed a tear, for Dandrea. His hair-slinging days were numbered. He was good for about 2 performances, then eh. If I shut my eyes, I still knew it was him. I just didn't have to watch him bruise his forehead.

Jessica is one crazy powerhouse. And to be honest, it isn't her fault that the judges are over-pimping her. Simon did it to Carrie, and look where she is now. She wasn't much older, and with good mentoring, she remained true to herself, stayed calm, and did and is still doing amazing things. Jessica is one of the best female vocalist that has ever graced that stage. Just don't let them put you in a box, Sweetie! And I wish they'd stop telling her it 'isn't enough'! WHAT? Because she doesn't scream and act robotic and cry she isn't enough? The kid doesn't need to do anything but what she's doing! SHE IS A NATURAL!! It's like telling Babe Ruth he wasn't enough...Geez, already!!

Colton does nothing for me, so I'll stop there. Skylar is one of the worst country artists they've ever had on there, and that's all I'm gonna say about her.

So, my top 7:

Elise
Jessica
Josh
Colton
Phillip
Skylar
Hollie

Posted by KeithFan on 04-06-12 at 07:41 PM
She has ZERO stage presence and her speech (not Aussie/not Brit-something very weird) is a real turn-off

She is from Liverpool, England and now lives in Texas. Two very distinct accents fighting it out in one very little person. I don't think a mockingjay could keep it straight.