URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID109
Thread Number: 32
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Nashville Star 7/14"

Posted by whimsey on 07-14-08 at 03:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-08 AT 03:27 PM (EST)

I'll be on the road tonight, so if someone could pick up the thread and post, I'd appreciate it. I've listed the spoilers, feel free to correct them if they're wrong.

Make it a fun filled, sigpic free rant about the sadness of 2 eliminations tonight - sad because there should be three.

I'm sayin' Coffey and the Yappin' Dolls ( Laura/Sophie) get the boot.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Coffey: "
Posted by whimsey on 07-14-08 at 03:21 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-08 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

“It’s Your Love” by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill

Did a great job, choked up halfway through , singing to his little girl. Judges think he's better, but not enough to win.

eta - got home in time to see Coffey.

"Gabe Garcia: "
Posted by whimsey on 07-14-08 at 03:22 PM
“Must Be Doing Something Right” Billy Currington

"Melissa Lawson: "
Posted by whimsey on 07-14-08 at 03:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-08 AT 08:52 PM (EST)

“My Baby Loves Me” Martina McBride

Singing to her hubby, who loves her no matter what size she is. Belts it out.

"Ashlee Hewitt: "
Posted by whimsey on 07-14-08 at 03:23 PM
“Cowboy Take Me Away” Dixie Chicks

"Shawn Mayer: "
Posted by whimsey on 07-14-08 at 03:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-08 AT 09:11 PM (EST)

“Before He Cheats” Carrie Underwood

I hate that insipid little song. She did a good job on it though.

"Laura & Sophie: "
Posted by whimsey on 07-14-08 at 03:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-08 AT 09:04 PM (EST)

“Picture to Burn” Taylor Swift

Jeffrey asks them if folks will believe them singing a song about a woman wronged. One says her boyfriend in freshman year tried to break the 2 of them up. Heck, all he had to do was wait for them to be on the show, nature is taking is course.

Sounded the same as always, please.make.it.stop.

"Going home tonight is..."
Posted by whimsey on 07-14-08 at 09:17 PM
The Yappin' Young'un.

Woo Hoo! Laura and Sophie can go home and bake a little more. COme back in 5 years, girls.

"RE: No, plaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeee"
Posted by mindy23 on 07-15-08 at 08:49 AM
Don't come back in 5 or even 15 years!! Thank you! They were highly reprimanded by Rich for rolling of the eyes last week-at least whichever one it was that did it. I get them mixed up. The cuter of the 2, with the worst voice. She said she didn't
even realize she was 'doin' it'!! OK. Jewell imitated her, and said, 'wow, must have a seizure disorder, huh??'. Too funny, and how humiliating can THAT be?? But very much in order!

What's his name-Mylie Cyrus' dad, told them he was proud of them. Ok, after seeing his SON, I'd say he'd be proud of a rock in the road with a dead toad on it....NOT NICE, I KNOW!!

Thought everyone but Coffey (even though I dug the emotion), and Big Girl-who WAS way over the top with 'he loves me anyway' were pretty darned good! I even voted for the first time last night!! For Gabe and Shawn. Gabe is consistantly GREAT, and Shawn is stepping it up every week. It's coming down to the wire now, and I think we'll be surprised that MAYBE Shawn will kick the other 2 ladies out of their spots...

Who knows?? Isn't this exciting?? WHO HOO!!! YEE HAW!! And all that! I can't wait until next week! I count the days, literally, put them on my calendar, cell phone, etc! I have alarms that go off, and my TiVO is geared up!! Is that exciting enough, Whimsey??? Best I can do, sorry....;-0 Chow

"RE: No, plaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeee"
Posted by seal on 07-15-08 at 02:17 PM
I am a big John Rich fan but i thought last night's program was just dreadful. Jewel's constant whining, John eating his words about judges mentoring and not attacking (and these girls are so young). Only Jeffrey Steele seems to sit back and give some thought to what he is saying. I get the impression that the judges know what the vote tally is and are melding their comments to match. All in all, this program is a disappointment. Jewel's comments especially make me cringe, especially since she seems to want every performer to sing and sell sex at the same time. People can only pretend for so long and then they have to be true to themselves. Not every one is a sex pot or wants the audience to think they are. I had rather the singers be themselves and the judges base their comments on the real thing.

"RE: Agree, Seal"
Posted by mindy23 on 07-21-08 at 08:07 AM
I'm surprised about Jewell-I never pictured her as a sex-selling type of singer. I always thought she was more of a romantic/folksy/country singer. But then, I've never seen her in concert, in person or even on TV, so what do I know??

John Rich seems to think he can say whatever just because he is who he is. I didn't even know WHO he was until last season when he did the "Gone Country" thing, and I'm a fair country fan. Wouldn't THAT be a blow to his over-sized ego??

But I DO agree about the duet-they were way too young, immature, and needed way more pruning, and maturing. They should have NEVER been on that show to begin with. As Rich said, the judges had nothing to do with the pickings this year, so they did NOT ask the girls to join them. I suppose that put a burr in their sneakers to begin with. But from day ONE, I hated the noise they made together, and I'm sure a good deal of the audience did, too.

Then came the attitude, and it spiraled from there. So, in my book, it was ba-bye cry babies. I think Coffey may be next-he is jut NOT a good singer. Emotion or not, Texan or not. Those do not make you a recording star. We'll find out tonight, huh??