URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 319
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"links and references to other MB sites"

Posted by ddramcgee on 03-03-06 at 09:04 PM
Is it okay to ask for and pass on this info? I see it occasionally, but I wasn't sure if it was breaking the rules or not. I didn't see it in the guidelines, not sure if it falls under the copyright section tho.. ? ..
Just trying to play nice.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: links and references to other MB sites"
Posted by Snidget on 03-03-06 at 09:30 PM
Not sure what the formal rules are, but this is what I do.

If the link to the other site advances the discussion of something I'll put the link in. Like if we were talking about X person on Y show. Let's say website Z has some info about that person...then I would post the link.

Just to go "hey look what I found" I wouldn't. Most people here know how to use search engines and if they want random websites about something they can find them just fine without me.

If the post would in any way look like I was promoting another website, I would not post it. It is not polite to spam.

Over on the Starting Over boards there were problems with people posting just to say come look at this website over and over. So on that section of the board there is a specific thread to put the information about other websites on.

Posted by ddramcgee on 03-03-06 at 11:30 PM
A specific section you say? Do you mean the spoilers forum or should I be looking for something else? My reason for asking this in the first place is trying to find out where people are getting their spoiler info from so I can go look at it myself. That way I don't have to needle thru the umpteen-zillion threads trying to find what I'm looking for.-Ya know? (A lot can sometimes get lost in translation too.)
Also, after lurking here a while it seems some people are plain 'ol making stuff up on purpose, or interjecting alot of opinion or speculation into their spoiler info.
Is it just me or are people overly protective of where they get the spoiler info from?

Posted by mysticwolf on 03-03-06 at 10:36 PM
I responded to your PM. For what you are specifically asking (at least what you asked in your PM), go to the SO General Discussion Forum. There's a thread specifically dedicated to links.

A Syren Spring

Posted by ddramcgee on 03-03-06 at 11:46 PM
Thanks, I'll go there. Don't put me in time out, I'm trying to play by the rules:-}