URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 318
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"7/5 how - How woud you vote"

Posted by newsomewayne on 07-26-06 at 07:59 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-26-06 AT 08:00 AM (EST)

eta:Okay, that should be the 7/25 show. Too bad it'll never show up correctly.

Original title, I know. Anyway...I don't know how I would vote. I didn't get to see the show because I was installing an air conditioner at Mom and Dad's. The only one I got to see was Chris Porter, but without seeing the others, I can't fairly assess how well he did.

So I guess I'll just have to wait till Thursday to catch the rebroadcast on Bravo. But that doesn't have to stop you from swaying my opinion. Tell me. How would/did you vote?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 7/5 how - How woud you vote"
Posted by Estee on 07-26-06 at 08:18 AM
I have one non-vote locked in. I want Gary Gulman to go home. I know some people take losing hard, but doing nothing since Season 3 except hang around backstage? Enough already!

Posted by Bebo on 07-26-06 at 08:31 AM
This week is a tough call. They were all better than last week, but that's not really saying much in my book. No one really stood out as being that much better - or worse - than the others. So I won't be surprised no matter who goes home.

But let's give a tiny shout-out to NBC for being able to deliver the voting results as promised during the broadcast this week. Hooray - someone was actually competent for once!

Posted by ARnutz on 07-26-06 at 08:51 AM
I agree! This week is a very tough call. They all performed equally well. I'm at least glad they knew enough to turn it up a notch for the final 4. I have no idea who I'd vote for, but I think that Ty was perhaps a smidge better that the others this week. Just a smidge though.

A tribe original ©2006

Posted by CattyChat on 07-26-06 at 09:45 AM
1. Chris Porter had me cracking up numerous times. The whole Cosket thing was hilarious.

2. Ty would come in a slightly distant second. He started off slow, but his final joke had me laughing. His jokes were at least more clever than the remaining two.

3. Josh -- I like Josh's personality at times a lot more than his jokes. It was too much on the disability this time around and I just wasn't feeling it. Sorry, Buuuh-dy.

4. Michelle did absolutely nothing for me. I found her whole set stale. I was getting old just listening to it.

I had a job come in last night, so I was working and didn't watch until midnight, so I didn't vote for two weeks in a row. I'll just have to put my faith in others to vote for the right comic for next week.

BTW, while Roz was hit or miss for me, I was surprised she got the boot. I think people are voting on an overall judgment from all the prior weeks.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by CantStandToLook on 07-26-06 at 11:35 AM
I actually thought Ty was probably the most consistent throughout his routine this week. But Josh is very good at maintaining some type of theme throughout his routines. I would have to put them in the following order.

Tie between Josh and Ty

Chris at a close third - he started out slow but the meep meep at the end brought it home. I wasn't overly impressed with the whole cosket routine.

Michele and granted I didn't hear her whole routine but I just dont see her up the remaining three's level.

Posted by triednottowatch on 07-26-06 at 10:46 AM
I only wish we could vote for who we want to leave instead of voting for our favorite. I would cast my 5 anti-votes for Michele and be happy.

Michele - Airline jokes? AIRLINE JOKES? If that is bringing her best material, then she should just turn around at baggage check and go back to Staten Island.

Ty - Ty was a little uneven material-wise, but he does have a nice delivery and he actually has some fresh ideas.

Josh - Josh is just one of those guys you automatically like when you see him. He needs to stretch a little bit and not do his whole 5 minutes on his disability. I will say, the joke about his coach having the nerve to put him on the disabled list made me laugh out loud.

Chris - I thought his routine was very original. The Coskets idea was hilarious and then when he spun it into the worst case scenario shopping location - that was excellent use of material. Baby seats on the condom aisle - great stuff.

Posted by Cyndimaus on 07-26-06 at 11:34 AM
I would agree with the assessment that they all were fairly even in their performances last night. I liked Chris' "cosket" bit also. My hubby and I got a kick out of Josh's drunk, cerbal palsey, Scottish accent bit. (probably because my hubby is part Scotch/Irish)

Tough call for me on who should go. I like Josh and Chris the best overall so I'm leaning towards Michelle.

I though Roz was the right choice to go out of the five. I like her but if people voted on just her performance, she really was lacking and her yelling for the whole set was very wearing.

Hey, Hey! It's a Tribephyl creation!

Posted by LittleFox on 07-26-06 at 12:31 PM
I thought Michelle did good last night. But I think she is going home.

Ty was the best IMO - but Josh def has the popularity vote!

Posted by ARnutz on 07-26-06 at 05:29 PM
I think Michelle will probably wind up going home too.

I think it's a shame because:

1) she's the only woman left, which means, if she goes, yet another man will win.

2) she is the only one who had to fight the hardest to get this far! She was challenged every.single.week., yet beat out all those other comics!

3) she had to use a lot of different material all those weeks and still managed to keep it fresh. The other three did not.

4) I think she was good last night too.

Posted by profesora_toro4 on 07-31-06 at 01:57 PM
I thought Michelle was funny and hope she squeaks by again. She always has such a surprised look on her face when they announce that she's moving on. Josh relied too much on his disability which was funny, but has gotten old over the weeks. Chris' bit about Costco was hilarious and I just plain don't like Ty's material.