URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 3175
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"mix up or clue"

Posted by rockluver on 10-26-02 at 11:55 PM
Ok I just found this on the cbs website .
I dont know how to post it so I'll just ell you it . O the cbs website for voting history , Helen and Jan are in purple and not Red like the other remaining three and are above them with SJ . What do you think ?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: mix up or clue"
Posted by corcam on 10-27-02 at 00:16 AM
Of course I don't believe anything that comes out of See-BS.. and there is a reason why we call it that LOL.. but here is the link..

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor5/show/tcvh.shtml

Posted by oatarut on 10-27-02 at 00:50 AM
Thats interesting, but what could it be a clue to if it is a clue? This could make sense if there was going to be a switch, but the switch is over, and it doesnt go along with all the spoilers to some funky merge.

Im going with its a mess up

Posted by phonarr on 10-27-02 at 02:28 AM
THere is too much precedence to suggest that this would mean anything. Most likely, any websight stuff-up would have no relation to the game at all.

Posted by George Tirebiter on 10-27-02 at 07:09 PM
Was it last season that we tried to make something of this chart crapola? Someone noticed that there were boxes highlighted oddly, names in a certain order, or something. After watching it for a couple weeks, we realized the order and shading meant nothing, because they changed things with each boot. My vote here is that it's just another of those formatting glitches that EPMB loves, because obsessive nitpickers are so easily sidetracked by them.

You could always save a screen shot each week to document the changes, if you think it may prove something, but even this crazy compulsive can't whip up the enthusiasm to go there again. . .

It IS interesting to note the voting blocs, though, since I haven't bothered keeping track this time around.

GT
Heisenberg may have been here.

Posted by ejm92 on 10-27-02 at 07:23 PM
I noticed the mixup on Thursday night at about midnight, and really didn't think much of it...earlier this season they put that Jake voted for Shii-Ann the night Jed was voted out, and they eventually had it fixed.

Posted by bobstew617 on 10-27-02 at 10:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-02 AT 10:25 PM (EST)

I noticed that, too. I figured if I waited long enough, a thread concerning the foul-up would show here.
I agree with what has been said here that we shouldn't read anything into this--we'll see how long it takes them to correct it.

This error, though, someone actually had to go in and change those colors for Jan and Helen. Oh, how EVIL MB can be!

Posted by dabo on 10-27-02 at 10:34 PM
Don't think it means anything (except another screw-up at CBS) but:

The five Sook Jai are listed first (they have always voted the same);
Next are the two Chuay Gahn women (both have voted once for Clay, against the majority);
Next are the three Chuay Gahn men (they have always voted the same);
Followed by the booties in descending order, Robb (#6) to John (#1).

The order of the names appears to be random:
Sook Jai: Jake, Erin, Shii Ann, Penny, Ken;
followed by
Chuay Gahn: Jan, Helen, Brian, Clay, Ted --
Notably, however, the tribal elders are first listed for their tribes.

The miscoloration of Jan and Helen would seem to emphasize the gender division among Chuay Gahn, if anything. This suggests the extremely remote possibility of a dual defection, so I would conclude that if this is intentional it is the most preposterous misdirection yet attempted.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-28-02 at 08:33 AM
IMHO, it's just another notch in the very long list of comedic errors by the incompetent CBS webmasters. They've made so many goofs it's surprising they haven't been taken out back and been hung by their thumbs and toes.

The only thing of note to me (like GT already alluded to) is the voting patterns -- too early to tell yet how this will go to the end game, but in the next two or three episodes, it'll really start to clear up who may have a chance to go to the end game as it's always been shown that the finalists voted for the bootee in every single situation.

Posted by ZJ on 10-28-02 at 12:21 PM
The order
Sook Jai
Billingsley
Collins
Huang
Ramsey
Stafford
Chuay Gahn
Gentry
Glover