URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 317
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"7/18 Show - How would you vote."

Posted by newsomewayne on 07-19-06 at 08:18 AM
I must say I was disappointed in Chris Porter. I think his set was stronger than nobody but Michelle Balin's. And that was more her doing, than his. I thought his ending was pretty funny, but the rest was kinda blah for me.

I about fell out of my chair when Josh pulled out that cell phone and called out Gabriel. That was too, too funny.

My votes (if I voted):
1. Josh Blue
2. Roz
3. Ty Barnett (would've been 2nd, but he used old material)
4. Chris Porter
5. Michelle Balin - bye bye.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 7/18 Show - How would you vote."
Posted by Estee on 07-19-06 at 08:34 AM
I'm pretty much in line with this, although I might switch Roz and Josh. I'm getting tired of the themes -- I want to see someone who can joke about nearly anything. Ty is the closest so far, but as said, he pulled out some previously-seen lines, and that hurt him.

Yeah, Michelle was the weakest of the night. And is it wrong to say I liked her look better before the makeover? She used to come across as a world-weary New Yorker, and the slightly haggard appearance was part of the stage character. Glamour isn't always a good thing.

Posted by Sydney Rain on 07-19-06 at 09:07 AM
Well, I did vote (online) -- for Josh Blue, and I'll continue voting for him until (and if) he is out. But what really surprised me was Anthony Clark. Seems like somebody woke up the zombie. Did he discover caffeine or what? He's still stiff as an ironing board, not at all funny and much better suited to moderate Meet the Press than LCS, but I'm wondering if he's been checking in on the comments made about him on this blog and trying for an attitude adjustment. Hmmmmm?

Posted by jackandjill on 07-19-06 at 09:16 AM
I liked Roz the least, and Chris Porter the most.

Posted by ARnutz on 07-19-06 at 09:45 AM
ROZ NEEDS TO GO HOME!!!

Gosh, I don't know if she was funny or not because all she did was scream the whole time!!!

I think Chris' strategy of using his best material weeks ago to stay in the game has now made him fall flat. Ty was not bad. My favorites of the night were Josh & Michelle.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 07-19-06 at 01:01 PM
Amen sister, Roz can go bye bye. She had a few funny jokes but dam the yelling was very annoying. I would say my bottom two would be tied between her and Michelle.

Chris started off very very weak but he finished pretty strong. Ty was funny but I didn't know he'd recycled jokes and the funniest of the night for me at least was Josh. I couldn't stop rolling when he pulled out the cell phone and said stop calling me Gabriel. That shows real talent, being able to pick out a funny moment that viewers can identify with and make us all scream with laughter.

Posted by ARnutz on 07-19-06 at 05:29 PM
*scoots in next to Mr. Syren on the "we hate Roz" couch*

Posted by LeftPinky on 07-20-06 at 12:38 PM
Is there room on that couch for me? I think she'd be much funnier if she'd learn how to use the mike (screaming doesn't work for me)...

I really thought Chris - based on his previous nights, had the worst performance for his talent. That said, I still vote Roz off. I liked Ty and Josh.
Thanks Uncle Tribe, I lvoe it!

Posted by Cyndimaus on 07-19-06 at 11:36 AM
I agree with you on Chris. I was expecting better from him. He did have one part that made me crack up big time. Where he was doing the snake bit and mimed the snake biting the guy on the head. For some reason I just lost it. And me losing it cracked my husband up in a big way.

I loved Josh. He made me laugh the most out of everyone. I also loved the Gabriel bit. THAT was funny!

Yeah, what was up with Roz yelling the whole time? Made me think of the cheapie tv commercials where they yell the whole time.

Hey, Hey! It's a Tribephyl creation!

Posted by Padme on 07-19-06 at 02:06 PM
Isn't it funny how everyone sees things differently?

Up until last night both my hubby's and mine picks to the end were John and Chris and we really didn't like Roz.

After watching the show last night we didn't laugh ONE time except during Roz's set. She was stinking hilarious! Ok, Josh had a good one with the cell phone bit but the rest was pretty lame.

Wish I would have remembered to vote.

Posted by Molaholic on 07-19-06 at 02:06 PM
I actually liked Roz the best, then Josh.

One thing I found weird -- and I'm wondering if this happened on the east/central time zone broadcasts. Roz had line where she said "...I'd kick his a$$" which went on unbleeped. Later she was talking about the thong getting stuck "...up my a$$" but this time it was bleeped.

Josh's cell phone joke was just waay too funny. It's so much better when he does stuff not related to 'disability'.

The others were just meh.

Posted by PagongRatEater on 07-19-06 at 03:01 PM
I voted for Josh about 9 times. All of the comics were pretty disappointing though....

But, the four of us had a great time.

Posted by Bebo on 07-19-06 at 05:42 PM
Josh and Ty were the two that made me laugh. As long as they continue, it's OK with me.

Chris was a big disappointment for me. Sometimes he's hysterical, sometimes he bores me. Last night was a bore-me night.

Posted by ur2funee on 07-20-06 at 00:10 AM
I feel the same way about chris,I think roz is funny but needs to tone it down.Michelle Geezzz1 its curtain time and you come up with stuff that makes children fall asleep....ty has never made me laugh once...he has no spirit or emotion in his material...I do appreciate his material(its clean )I get tired of people thinking that in order for it to be funny it has to be dirty...NOT SO!....just looking at Josh cracks me up!...and yes! I know i'm the only one who likes anthony clark...I'M not a spring chicken and over the yrs i've learned to read between the lines and what people dont say is where you really get your answers...I KNOW WHERE ANTHONY IS COMING FROM...he's also one of the few in hollywood who actually has a deGree the rest are high school drop outs...i've seen him serious and funny!...i dont judge people...and there has been way to much of that on this message board...

"WARNING - ur2funee "
Posted by Bebo on 07-20-06 at 09:10 AM
Please take a moment to read our community guidelines. While we permit posters to comment on reality shows and their participants, criticizing them for doing so is not permitted here.

If you're not interested in reading posters' "judging" the comics' performance, then I'd advise you not to open a thread where posters are expressing their opinions on which ones are worthy of receiving votes. And if you're not interested in reading "judging" posts, then I suggest you check out other message boards, because this site will not meet your needs. But if you choose to stay, you will refrain from criticizing other posters - in general or specific posters - who express their opinions.

"RE: WARNING - ur2funee "
Posted by ur2funee on 07-21-06 at 00:23 AM
>Please take a moment to read
>our community guidelines. While
>we permit posters to comment
>on reality shows and their
>participants, criticizing them for doing
>so is not permitted here.
>
>
>If you're not interested in reading
>posters' "judging" the comics' performance,
>then I'd advise you not
>to open a thread where
>posters are expressing their opinions
>on which ones are worthy
>of receiving votes. And
>if you're not interested in
>reading "judging" posts, then I
>suggest you check out other
>message boards, because this site
>will not meet your needs.
> But if you choose
>to stay, you will refrain
>from criticizing other posters -
>in general or specific posters
>- who express their opinions.
>
GOSH!...someone is defensive!!!...i guess i'm not allowed to give my opinion but everyone else can...before you criticize
anyone else...make sure you clearly understand people...your way off course...don't forget here in america we have freedom of speech...maybe you need to understand the guidelines ...thanks anyway..i appreciate your opinion..

"RE: WARNING - ur2funee "
Posted by newsomewayne on 07-21-06 at 10:29 AM
You probably didn't notice it, but Bebo is one of several moderators on this board, and a damn fine one at that (take that how ever you want, Bebo). As a moderator she understands the guidelines very well and it is her job to see they are followed by all of us other peeps. I say her job, but actually it's a responsibility she accepts as an unpaid VOLUNTEER. For this and other reasons she deserves our respect.

I've recieved a few chastisements from Bebo and deserved most of them . This post may or may not fall under the guideline of vigilantism posting. I'll let her decide that, but I felt this needed saying. If need be, I'll apologize.

It's nothing personal. I don't care how big a sadist one is, nobody could survive this many seasons of American Idol if they were doing this only to get a kick out of "being mean" to others on a message board.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by CattyChat on 07-20-06 at 08:31 AM
I'm the minority who didn't find Josh's cell phone bit funny at all. He was pretty good, however. My rankings:

1. Chris Porter -- I was LOL when he did the "disco ball" bit and just about fell out of my chair laughing with the snake bite bit at the end. HILARIOUS. I guess I like sight gags along with my jokes. *shrugs shoulders*

2. Josh Blue -- He was pretty funny and I chuckled a couple of times.

3. Roz -- I'm not a fan of the screaming and wonder how many fat jokes she can make. Fat jokes are about the most tired of the themes you can get, IMO.

4. Ty -- He was decent, but the use of old material didn't go over well with me.

5. Michelle -- I'm shocked she was this bad. I guess she used all her best material saving herself at the head-2-heads.

I recorded the show and didn't watch until the next day, so I didn't vote. I would have voted for Chris. I think Josh may win this whole thing, partly out of the fact he is funny, but also a big factor is his disability. Nothing wrong with that, you might as well use all you have to win. At this point, Josh & Chris as F2 and may the best comic win.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by Loree on 07-20-06 at 04:11 PM
This show just succeeded in putting me to sleep. I was bored watching it. Nobody made me laugh. I was disappointed in all of them. Maybe next week?

Posted by 2Centz on 07-20-06 at 05:09 PM

I was slightly disappointed with everyone, but thought that Ty was the funniest, even if he did recycle a little. I thought for sue=re Chris would have done the best, but the disco ball bit didn't do it for me (and I like crude stuff).

I'm in the minority, I know, but I voted for Ty.

Posted by daysleeper on 07-21-06 at 04:18 AM
I think Josh was the funniest. I was laughing so hard. Roz was also excellent but I wish she would not scream out in the same tone, she really is very funny! Ty was next, Michelle Balin and Chris Porter was terrible.

Posted by susang on 07-21-06 at 12:48 PM
1. Roz
2. Josh
3. Ty
4. Chris
5. Michelle (time to go)

Posted by x0xdancer5678 on 07-21-06 at 10:35 PM
Apparently none of y'all are Catholic.

I guess it's only funny to the people that get it.

But really. If you do get it...it's freaking hilarious.

Josh was my 2nd favorite. He's funny, but I like Chris better.

I hate Roz. She screams, and I hate it. I'd say bye to her.

I thought Ty was pretty funny, but I wasn't aware that he used old material. boo hoo...it was still funny.

I forgot how Michelle did...I don't really remember what she said. Sooo...idk

Sooo here are my votes

1. Chris Porter
2. Josh Blue
3. Michelle Balin (I just remember laughin)
4. Ty Barnet
5. Roz-bye.

=)

Posted by badfatty on 07-22-06 at 00:03 AM
Liked Roz, even though the yelling was annoying.

Chris had his worst night I've seen yet.

I love Ty, but thought he was a bit weaker tonight than usual.

Josh did the best, and that's who I would have voted for. (I watched it recorded finally tonight)

Michelle didn't do badly at all.

One thing that did confuse me was at the end when Anthony Clark said the phone lines had been open for a while and that they had "some preliminary results for us right now: these two comics have the fewest votes:" This was followed by a pause with a camera shot of the five comics, then nothing. Was this one of Anthony Clark's "jokes" that I'm not getting, or what?

Posted by CattyChat on 07-22-06 at 08:10 AM
I noticed the "missing vote calculations" as well. I just figured it was the usual screwup by NBC and they couldn't figure out how to put the initial results on the screen. In the RTV genre, NBC has a lot of catching up to do.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by frodis on 07-22-06 at 11:11 AM
I watched it on the Bravo repeat and noticed the silent gap as well. I thought that maybe they only announced the preliminary vote standings on the original broadcast, in a voice-over.

Was the silence in the original broadcast too? That's pretty bad. Maybe whoever was supposed to announce, or post, the preliminary number fell asleep during the comedy routines and missed the cue.

Posted by Cyndimaus on 07-22-06 at 11:52 AM
I don't even remember hearing that at all. I'm on the West Coast, so maybe they took it out. (or else I was distracted)

Hey, Hey! It's a Tribephyl creation!

Posted by BOYmeetsREALITY on 07-22-06 at 12:14 PM
I noticed that awkward pause, too, but immediately idnetified it as a bad idea that everyone caught too late in time to change the cue cards! Read on, AC!!! HAHA!

Why on earth would the lines be open DURING the show if the whole point was to wait until it ended to see all the comics perform?!?!?!?

Smells of another rookie producer trying to create some drama without even knowing the rules of his own show.

Posted by BOYmeetsREALITY on 07-22-06 at 12:25 PM
As someone said earlier....it's funny what people think is funny! HAHA!

My overall grade for all of the performers this week: NEEDS IMPROVEMENT!!!

MICHELLE: I thought was the best of the night and also the most improved on the whole series. I didn't care for her during the auditions, but I think over the weeks She has proven to be one of the quickest and strongest. I'm predicting her in the final two.

CHRIS: was WAYYYY disappointing. Has he really used up his best material already?? If so, he is in trouble. An early favorite of mine, Chris has fallen the fastest and the farthest. He's got a GREAT delivery and sense of comedic timing (as displayed during the "roast"), but needs more time to write some good material for the next couple weeks!

TY: Eh.....good delivery with poor material will not take you very far. Needs a good writing session! I can't remember anything he said, but it must not have been funny....

JOSH: I think He showed that He has reached the bottom of his material barrel this week. The phone call was cute, but not funny. He might be a clown....but is he a Comic???? I hope He can answer that next week with a comeback performance! I had both He and Chris in the final two earlier, but Michelle has taken one of their places with her depth of material!

ROZ: I hate her screeching delivery, but if that's gonna be her character, I can live with it if she remains funny. I, too, laughed at her routine, so if she keeps it fresh, I'd happily turn the volume down for another good laugh!

Posted by amandatees on 07-24-06 at 08:39 AM
I watched the show recorded, *barely* within the open lines for voting (whatever those are...i'm guessing an hour?- do they ever say??).

Anyway, I probably should have watched the entire show before voting...I thought Josh clearly did the best job.

But, my mistake- so I got a few votes in for Chris before I thought the lines would close.

To me, it wasn't Chris' best night, but overall, he has kept me laughing. (So has Josh). BUT, if perhaps this season, the winner actually DOES land the mythical-but much talked about-TV show...I'd rather see Chris on it. IMHO