URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3164
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"X-Factor USA Top 9 Results ECST"

Posted by Snidget on 11-23-11 at 08:46 PM
Keep all discussion of filler, host doing something in an random order that is confusing the judges, scandals, apologies, sob stories and results on this thread until the West Coast celebrates that we get a DOUBLE ELIMINATION!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 11-23-11 at 09:01 PM
Two acts will be heading home.

Kelly Clarkson Kicks us off.

"Four thoughts."
Posted by Estee on 11-23-11 at 09:07 PM
1. Nigel's not happy.
2. Until the flying fists started coming, this performance represented the first time I hadn't wanted the stage atomized.
3. If Kelly ever gets a good relationship, her career will end.
4. I kept waiting for Reid to tell her she wasn't commercial enough...

"Recappage"
Posted by Snidget on 11-23-11 at 09:04 PM
Sob stories and contestants licked clean.

"Dark thought."
Posted by Estee on 11-23-11 at 09:10 PM
Every time Timekeeper Jones opens his mouth hinge, Ryan Seacrest's next contract gets a little higher.

"Pepsi Choice Performance"
Posted by Snidget on 11-23-11 at 09:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-11 AT 09:15 PM (EST)

Raise Your Glass, So What

"Lie of the night."
Posted by Estee on 11-23-11 at 09:17 PM
Nice work on the group number, America!

That? Was a Pinkie Pie number. Cue the war.

"RE: Lie of the night."
Posted by Snidget on 11-23-11 at 09:20 PM
Oh good, you survived. I knew you weren't feeling well and I was afraid that mish-mash might be too much for you.

"RE: Lie of the night."
Posted by Estee on 11-23-11 at 09:25 PM
I'm still running on pony immunization. Once you've lived through PP in her showgirl outfit doing a not-Lily Von Shtup rendition of You've Gotta Share, You've Gotta Care, nothing musically worse can happen to you for the rest of the day.

No part of that was a joke.

"Results"
Posted by Snidget on 11-23-11 at 09:19 PM
Calls some acts on stage (well after a long pause).

Lakoda Rain and Drew.

One straight through to next week, the other got the lowest number of votes and going straight home.

Paula and Simon on stage to join the acts.

The

Act

That

Got

The

Lowest

Number

Of

Votes

And

Leaving

Us

Tonight

Is

Lakota Rain.

"VFTW victory?"
Posted by Estee on 11-23-11 at 09:23 PM
Their primary goal was keeping Astro out of the bottom slot. They couldn't completely save him without pushing him into sixth place -- a near-impossible feat to accomplish alone, and note that we have never gotten a vote total out of Timekeeper. They've at least stalled out their golden boy's elimination -- but haven't necessarily avoided it, especially after he shot his mouth off earlier in the week.

As for the last group going home -- it's hard to believe this Frankenstein can lurch off without the stitching coming loose, but their only current hope of maintaining any kind of weak fame is each other. Plus The Voice probably had their auditions already. So a few weeks to find a label that desperate, and then break up.

Sadly, Paula doesn't seem to be packing.

"Bruno Mars"
Posted by Snidget on 11-23-11 at 09:26 PM
It Will Rain

"RE: Bruno Mars"
Posted by Estee on 11-23-11 at 09:29 PM
Technically proficient, but boring. He sounds like the intermediary stage of Drew deciding how much to slow something down.

"Results"
Posted by Snidget on 11-23-11 at 09:32 PM
Welcome back the remaining finalists and the mentors.

Paula clapping at her seat alone.

In no particular order.

Chris Rene
Rachel Crow
Josh Krajcik

The rest after the break.

"RE: Results"
Posted by Estee on 11-23-11 at 09:35 PM
Miles away from shockers. Pair Drew with nearly anyone else and there was a chance she could have been B2, but sending her against the last group passed her automatically. The next three are ones we knew were all right. Currently, the only question mark is Agenda intent.

"After the Break"
Posted by Snidget on 11-23-11 at 09:38 PM
4 acts awaiting their fate.

In no particular order the safe ones are.

Melanie Amaro

Three acts left

One straight through to next week, the other two must sing/rap/dirge/whatever for survival

The act going straight through is...

ba bump

ba bump

Astro (and VFTW goes nuts).

Marcus Canty and Leroy Bell must sing for survival.

"RE: After the Break"
Posted by Estee on 11-23-11 at 09:42 PM
I'm not deriding a spectacular Worster accomplishment (and let's face it: they pulled off a miracle): I just would love to know how tightly clustered the bottom is -- if it's four contestants totaling 95% of the vote and everyone else fighting for scraps. This was possible under a fair count, but that's the scenario which makes it likely.

B2 fight... I want this to be Marcus as he's slid downhill pretty much every week plus it'll put a dent in Reid's armor. But I don't trust the panel or the Agenda.

"Please"
Posted by moonbaby on 11-23-11 at 09:45 PM
send Leroy's hat home. He can stay but the hat must go.

"As it turns out"
Posted by Estee on 11-23-11 at 10:17 PM
It's attached.

Favorite Worster suggestion of the night: it's deadlocked, time to draw rocks.

"Singing for Survival"
Posted by Snidget on 11-23-11 at 09:47 PM
Marcus Canty

Had to carry out his own mic stand

You Lost Me

The lyrics do not seem to be saying "keep me".

Leroy Bell

Don't Let Me Down

And the Dirge-fest continues.

"And still there is"
Posted by moonbaby on 11-23-11 at 09:51 PM
that high pitched amusement park squealing going on in the background. Just another reason to mute the sound.

"Marcus doesn't believe in jinxes."
Posted by Estee on 11-23-11 at 09:50 PM
Singing about having lost everything because the love was gone? Um... yeah. He got some quality back on this one, but it's going to be all about marketability in the end. Leroy had the stronger performance, but the Agenda wants to know if it can sell him.

"Final Results"
Posted by Snidget on 11-23-11 at 09:58 PM
LA sending home (funny thing have their own taste) judge based on consistency, based on sizzle blah blah blah....have to plead that Marcus has delivered time and time again.

Need and answer

Blah blah blah

And your answer is

It pains me, have to send you home Leroy.

Nicole. There is no doubt that Marcus is a star, I feel it. But Leroy has proved it is never to late, never too late to change

Who are you sending home Nicole.

Blah Blah Blah I believe blah blah

Who are you sending home

Send home Marcus (and wasn't clear about it Steve needed confirmation).

Paula, it is not that quick Steve. Marcus didn't deliver on the save me song. Leroy sang for his life. Both will have major deals

Need and answer Paula. I'm getting screamed at.

Based on Save me, send home Marcus.

Simon (deadlock vs send home). I like them both. In the competition Marcus you are nudging ahead of Leroy. Leroy you did sing better tonight. Going to let the public decide and deadlock it.

Judges lose their power.

The act who got the lowest number of votes will be going home.

Ba Bum

Ba Bum

The act America is sending home is.

Ba Bum

Ba Bum

Leroy Bell.

"RE: Final Results"
Posted by Estee on 11-23-11 at 10:14 PM
Simon: the courage of someone else's convictions.

We could shave five minutes off this show by saying 'Each judge auto-votes for their own contestant. Moving on...'

And double-elimination again next week? Is this AI auditions creating time pressure or is the network just that desperate to get this thing off the air?

"RE: Final Results"
Posted by csnumber23 on 11-23-11 at 11:25 PM
I don't buy it, there is now way Astro wasn't at the very minimum in the bottom 3. Simon doesn't save Leroy Bell after the singoff when he was by far way better. Why are they even singing then? I am getting annoyed with the show and LA Reid is on my last nerve.