URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID90
Thread Number: 316
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Antonia finds salvation in 7 days?"

Posted by cynicalgirl on 05-17-06 at 03:28 AM
Are you kidding me? Does Antonia really graduate before the season ends next week?

That would truly ruin the show for me. I have been buying into it until the past few weeks, when people have been suddenly graduating and trusted to use their new "life skills" in the "real world" a lot sooner than they should have.

This show is going down, down, down. Hell, if/when I see Antonia graduate in the next week or so, that will be the final toll on this series. Because this girl doesn't have clue, and doesn't want one, even if she could buy one.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Antonia finds salvation in 7 days?"
Posted by tvgal on 05-17-06 at 05:39 AM
I just watched Friday's show and yes she is told she is graduating. If you think you are upset, you should see Christie!

I hate when the season ends and they just graduate to graduate. Did Antonia ever even earn one step? What the heck did she do to earn it? Call her creditors? They never told us if she got the apartment did they?

A very disappointing season

Posted by eire_heart74 on 05-17-06 at 07:38 AM

>I hate when the season ends
>and they just graduate to
>graduate.

Oh you took the words right out of my mouth tvgal!!

I can't imagine anyone changing that quickly. It's a shame.

Posted by turquiosedove on 05-17-06 at 09:19 AM
Maybe IV had her go the easy way and go bankrupt, wash her hands from all that debt-and get a cushy job at Ethan Allen, until the phone rings with Ho'llywood calling.............

Posted by annie828 on 05-17-06 at 09:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

If you think
>you are upset, you should
>see Christie!
>

This statement ALONE makes it all worth while. Seeing the green eyed monster come alive. !!!

HAHAHAHAHA!

Posted by tamster52 on 05-18-06 at 05:07 PM
Ugggghhhhh, I have watched this show since day one. Season one, was the best, IMO. But something that has pi*sed me off since season one, and that is that the women that enter the house last, get a raw deal. Many, many women end up "graduating" simply because the season is over, NOT because they have started over!!!!! I'm with you, I agree, I don't remember seeing Antonia earning any steps. Now she's graduating!!! Uggghhhhh. At least on today's episode I see that she is finally "starting" to get it. But just barely starting to get it, should not equate to ready to graduate.

"Be not afraid of changing slowly; be afraid only of standing still."

Posted by sharnina on 05-18-06 at 06:26 PM
au contraire mon cherie - only 3 (yes 3) days-next week is only three days worth of shows!

Congratulations! Antonia - you have truly traded one set of problems for a whole new set. Your gift? a pair of climbing boots to help you climb the real mountain of debt rather than the fake one.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Posted by geminirose on 05-19-06 at 03:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-06 AT 03:59 PM (EST)

I think Antonia does have a clue, she just needs A LOT more guidance. She decided not to declare bankruptcy and contacted her creditors, but what about exploring job opportunities and finding a job (you have to have $$$ to pay off a debt), creating new boundaries with her mother, learning to forgive her father, learning to ask for help, and meeting with a credit counselor to figure out the best way to repay $40,000 (not just to tell her that bankruptcy is a good way for her to go).

there's no way she should be graduating.

Posted by sm2 on 05-21-06 at 10:23 PM
IMHO, Antonia graduating is right up there with Alli-about-me's graduating. Done nothing and still get's to graduate and get those "wonderful" gifts.

Posted by Stuckinahs on 05-26-06 at 03:08 AM
I agree...what exactly did she start over? She was so judgmental. When she left poor Jennifer sitting in the coffee shop, I wanted to smack her. How rude. Then it's announced she's graduating!

She and Niambi give me a pain. Niambi says that Antonia is the only pair of eyes she can trust...give me a break. And at Christie's graduation, she could not have been more blatant about her jealousy. The best part of the week was Iyanla telling Niambi she wasn't going to graduate.

Posted by Lady Cleo on 05-26-06 at 05:55 AM
You have to remember that these shows are taped 24/7 and as the season draws to a close, they have to edit it waaaaaaaay down to just 1 hour a day (and that one hour has to include a lot of sentimental "closing" footage). I think there is probably much that happened that we did not see with Antonia because it was edited out due to time constraints.

If they really wanted the women to graduate just to graduate, they could have "graduated" Niambi and they didn't.