URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3159
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"X-Factor USA Top 10 Performance ECST"

Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 06:50 PM
I-eye-I Wanna Rock n' Roll All NI-eye-ight,
And Party Every Day

Keep all discussion of tonight's Rock Themed show (no not throwing rocks) on this thread until the West Coast finishes cursing Simon from changing the theme from Lady Gaga/Madonna.

Because, you know, it would be terrible for the rappers to like have to sing, and Simon didn't want the night to be choreography driven.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: X-Factor USA Top 10 Performance ECST"
Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 07:24 PM
Kind of makes you wonder what'll happen if they decide to have Swing Week.

"Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 09:04 PM
Promising it will get tougher for the contestants and the judges.

Rock songs or songs in a rock style.

Way to much time with the judges on the stage.

"RE: Intro"
Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 09:05 PM
Fakethis showing off her bitchface.

So it's already an improvement over last week.

"Leroy Bell"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 09:07 PM
Trying to get Nicole to notice the cue

Song by Bob Seger. It's all the tattoo's fault.

LA says Leroy is boring.

We've Got Tonight

"RE: Leroy Bell"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 09:12 PM
Live Drummer and Piano on stage, and guitar off to the side. And the background singers.

Nicole is seal clapping.

LA. We are no longer trying to get to the next round, ability to sell records, look great, not working it like a rock star. Good, but I need more.

Paula. No mistaking you have a beautiful voice. It is live television needs to be more of a connection so people feel what you are feeling. Starting to, keep it up.

Simon, nice song, good voice, new version--zero. Big opportunity, being mentored like a session singer. We have heard the same kind of thing 4 weeks. You should have been a shark, you are like a goldfish. Not to be mean, but I want you to have a shot at winning. Right now you can't win.

Nicole. I believe in you and the best you have ever sounded. One step at a time. Being so courageous at 60.

Steve. What do you think of these horrible comments.

Simon says that they are constructive.

Leroy, I know what they are talking about, and it it means I have to do a couple of extra things, I will do it.

Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 09:16 PM
Timekeeper is not long for this job. When Simon tells you to shut it, the next thing that closes is the door. Behind you. And it hits you on your way out.

What the fleet of school buses was trying to say is that Leroy's stuck in one mode, one style -- and no matter how effective that mode and style can be, they want him to switch it up so they can scream at him about having lost his identity. Yes, a little more variety would help his cause and sure, a possibility of winning is all he's got. But the man can still be cool like the other side of the pillow -- and there's a market for that.

Posted by emydi on 11-17-11 at 01:09 PM
like take his pants off

crossthread!

"Rachel Crow"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 09:19 PM
Singing the Rolling Stones. Simon drank out of Pauler's cup.

"Is this live?"

Wanted a rock song with a blues influence. Just perform and let loose. Nicole says her age will hold her back.

Satisfaction.

"RE: Rachel Crow"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 09:24 PM
Age inappropriate much?

I do not want to be thinking about a little girl's satisfaction.

Can't Sleep. Stage is trying to kill me.

LA. Last week made your official return, can you sell records, can you sell tickets. And the answer is yes. Not some karaoke rendition.

Nicole. Perfect song choice. My favorite performance of yours. Rock and Roll, effortless and fun, and you made it look so easy.

Paula, one of my favorites. I love how you are starting to connect with the camera and the audience. What I love about you. Doesn't matter if you have 100 dancers I only see you.

Simon. You said I want to win to me this week. I can see you winning, and see you in the Superbowl commercial. Too many think I've got some exposure, I like winners. People are going to start to respect you, they already like you.

"RE: Rachel Crow"
Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 09:27 PM
I just thought of her as singing about Bathroom Quest Iv.

(And yes, the stage is trying to kill you. It felt like watching race cars go by on a vertical track.)

The show is not desperate for a female winner to distinguish itself with. 'Desperate' is too weak a word. That was a good performance -- but good doesn't get that kind of praise. 'Kill the boys!' does.

"Chris Rene"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 09:32 PM
From Bob Marley

Talks about working on his sobriety. Mom comes every week.

Everythings Gonna Be Alright

"RE: Chris Rene"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 09:36 PM
Extreme Knee Bending!

Wearing the discontinued Occupy All Streets because none of the money was going to the movement, just making money off it.

Nicole. I love that song. Very original. I rocked with it, not my favorite performance by you. I was a little confused. Love that you took a chance.

Paula. You got by because Bob Marley in the hall of fame. Why you chose this for Chris. Doesn't matter if you are the best vocalist you are original.

Simon. I love the performance, great if theme was Reggae music.

LA says on what station does it play?

LA. I was worried, but you did stay on key, Bob Marley is a rock star. I support it and did a great job.

Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 09:59 PM
Extreme Knee Bending!

(I did this to her. I can't undo it.)

Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 10:01 PM
He spent half the song crouched down trying to look like a little person on stage.

Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 10:08 PM
Making a play for Rachel's voter base?

"Stacy Francis"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 09:44 PM
Originally by Meatloaf. Celine Dion

Kill.Me.Now. Soulful, so can throw it out there. It's is hard for Stacy to go there, pull from the pain. Gosh you'd think she'd cry more often.

"It's All Coming Back to Me Now"

"RE: Stacy Francis"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 09:48 PM
There is a key in there somewhere, maybe she will find it.

Please let the key come back to you NOW!

LA. I'm not going to be mean. Happy for you and leave it at that.

Paula, this was my least favorite song, this is the song Stacy wanted to sing. Pitch was under, You look lovely.

Simon. Good news, your hair looks better this week. A Horrible choice, the feathered microphone, that was a pebble. Sing at the Hilton Hotel. You are going backwards, got to sort yourself out this is not a caberet.

Steve tries to get Simon to stop talking.

Nicole. You are glam rock diva tonight. Through all this adversity you continue to rise, you wanted to be real and that is rock enough.

Wanted to get back to what the Franatics love.

Posted by whimsey on 11-16-11 at 09:51 PM
Girlfriend looked like she wanted to cut a b!tch. Is she always this awful? Why is she still in the competition?

Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 09:51 PM
It may be my memory is fading, but this seems much worse than usual for her.

Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 09:58 PM
all this adversity

Oh, is that what we're calling her self-inflicted credits paradise this week?

I had a phone call and put the TV on mute for the last half-hour, so all I saw were her expressions. It was enough to let me know the show is, at least for the current cycle, Sick Of This. (They can change their minds. And still might.) The depimping is well under way -- and she doesn't understand why. The denial won't let her.

She's still safe, of course: this judging is almost guaranteed to turn into extra votes. But they just told her winning is off the board. And she doesn't want to hear it. And doesn't know how...

"Melanie Amaro"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 09:54 PM
REM a Rock Band Doing a Rock Version.

Lived with Grandparents until High School.

Not uptempo. Stripped away everything. Her and a piano. Nicole doesn't know if she's seen her let go. LA, she is not edgy.

Everybody Hurts.

"RE: Melanie Amaro"
Posted by whimsey on 11-16-11 at 09:58 PM
Would have been more believable if she hadn't smiled. Lacked the depth of the song. She has a beautiful voice though and a great performance.

Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 10:01 PM
At least she wasn't screaming "It hurts! It hurts! It hurts!"

Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 10:00 PM
LA. That was rock right, that was so not rock.

Nicole. You sounded beautiful. I'm confused that this is one of my favorite songs and I don't know why I didn't cry, loved for it to be a little bit raw.

Paula. You took us to church, rock and roll church. Unparalleled voice, let go.

Simon, Reminded me of Adele and Alicia. Call up REM and tell them they are not rock. The audience are really going to support you.

Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 10:03 PM
So far, this has been a very wide definition of 'rock'.

And a really weak one of 'singing'.

Posted by whimsey on 11-16-11 at 10:15 PM
*snort*

Now you know I'm either sipping or chomping when you say something like that. A girl could choke - which is better, frankly, than gagging, which is what some of these performances made me do.

"Josh Krajcik"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 10:06 PM
pimping the X-factor app.

From the Foo Fighters.

The Pretender

"RE: Josh Krajcik"
Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 10:09 PM
Interesting... A little bit 70s, a little bit 80s, and a whole lot of flying hair. He knew what he wanted to do with that and he went for it. It reminded me of Casey during his more screw-this-I'm-losing-anyway moments.

Of course, we all know what happened to him.

Posted by whimsey on 11-16-11 at 10:09 PM
Lurve him! Lurve him!

Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 10:09 PM
Wait, this seems vaguely like what I thought "rock" would imply.

Who let that happen.

Nicole trying to snap her head off. We can only hope.

All four judges standing.

LA. You have the authenticity, stage presence, only person that has rocked this house tonight.

Paula. Everything about tonight worked for you. Best performance of the evening. So good.

Simon. Never listen to another person on this show, that was bloody fantastic.

Nicole. Oh babe, you took me back, got to tour with foo fighters, thanks to Dave Grohl for clearing that song for us.

"Speaking of weak definitions for 'singing'."
Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 10:12 PM
Here comes Astro!

So. He won't sing. He won't perform someone else's work. And it's a rock week.

The stage is about to go extra-loud.

Lakoda pimp spot to try and keep Paula from three-for-three?

"Astro aka Brian"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 10:16 PM
Step pop with him. Haven't seen Mom but speak to her everyday.

As big a hip hop hit as it was a rock hit. Gee, that is a shock.

Love song.

Every Breath You Take?

"Well..."
Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 10:18 PM
...umm...

*tries to think of something helpful to say*

...he could have an amazing career as an auctioneer.

"RE: Astro aka Brian"
Posted by whimsey on 11-16-11 at 10:18 PM
Damn that little munchkin! Diddy would be proud.

Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 10:20 PM
Pimping out all the dead rappers on the stage.

Judges standing for that.

Nicole. Very smart song choice. The question is (LA won't shut up) if you are ready for a $5 million contract and I believe you are.

Paula. Can you just suck for once, you are phenomenal.

Simon. Two weeks in a row, Puff Daddy? More maturity and intelligence than some of the older contestants. I think you have a shot at winning this.

LA. I couldn't agree more. Knocked it out of the park. Everything it takes to win. Everything it takes to be a major international star. Shout out to Stereo Hoggz, and his little sister.

Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 10:22 PM
Paula. Can you just suck for once

No, he can only svck for all time!

Gawds, they want to make sure they can sell him after this. Do they even remotely understand the wanna-be-adopted image of the rap audience?

*sigh*

He's gonna have to shoot somebody.

Posted by whimsey on 11-16-11 at 10:30 PM
I cringe at the thought of LeRoy, Josh and Astro as final three. The munchkin has to go.

"Lakoda Rain"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 10:27 PM
By Outfield and Fleetwood Mac.

(I Don't Want To Lose) Your Love

"RE: Lakoda Rain"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 10:31 PM
LIPS!!!!

With, You Can Go Your Own Way.

Well, I think Paula will be out this week. Although they'll probably get rid of whoever else is in the bottom two just so she'll have something to do.

LA. What I am happy about is this the first time I've seen you have fun. Does it measure up to your competitors, do you have what it takes to be superstars? It was better, was it amazing?
Not sure.

Nicole. I think you found your lane, country rock. Tonight you did your thing. See you let go even more.

Simon. I thought you had potential. Tonight was a complete mess. I hope America sticks with you. Great performance waiting to happen. Choreography made it gimmicky. LA says it wasn't that bad. Simon says watch your back.

Paula. These girls stood their ground and chose their song. A void where the Dixie Chicks are gone.

Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 10:35 PM
A void where the Dixie Chicks are gone.

...what?

Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 10:37 PM
That's as close as I could get.

I think she is saying since the Dixie Chicks aren't charting all the time anymore this is one group that has an empty niche in the marketplace so would be more commercially appealing as a winning artist.

"Prophecy."
Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 10:33 PM
They lost everyone's love tonight. And then they all went their own ways.

I wouldn't bet against three for three just yet.

Posted by whimsey on 11-16-11 at 10:36 PM
Confused. Do they always wear these get-ups? Could be lovely but would have to be tweaked ... not in a dirty way.

What happened to the groups? Must watch the other groups to see why they sucked so badly that there is only one group left. From the auditions and boot-camp rounds, I thought there were some contenders.

Posted by emydi on 11-17-11 at 01:18 PM
I thought there were some contenders.

for sure

"Drew"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 10:40 PM
Simon joined twitter tonight.
Most popular judge 53% not that Simon would say it again just for effect.

Simon says LA is very competitive and trying to get in Drew's head. Everyone has always loved her every moment until now. Poor thing also has to go to school.

LA says she is doing the same thing. Simon says see a different Drew.

With or Without You.

"Reid is right."
Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 10:43 PM
This? Is the same thing as last week. And stands a good chance to be the same thing as next week. We're down to modulated speaking to go with another bad wardrobe choice, a horrible idea in hair, and makeup/camera work that has her eyes at five times the usual diameter.

The show goes on with her -- but not until the end.

BTW, I refuse to believe Simon can work in 140 characters or less.

"RE: Drew"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 10:45 PM
Dirge version. So different from everything she has ever done before.

LA. You already know it. You have the most original voice, special. Still in that place I was last week. I loved you last week. I'm pushing for more, the competition is stiff. Just do you.

Nicole. Why is she surrounded by smoke. Waiting for the tempo to pick up and waiting for more. More energy, you could make this beautiful. Slowest rock song. Little frustrated.

Paula. You are in a good place, big fan base, take advantage of this genre, to show diversity which leads to longevity.

Simon. Take no notice from the three witches. This is all about being unique and appealing to your fan base. That is why I believe you will be in this competition til the end.

"RE: Drew"
Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 10:50 PM
So according to Simon, six acts make the finale.

One word: Pia.

"Marcus Canty"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 10:52 PM
Took awhile to remember who was still left.

Janis Joplin. He's a preacher's kid. Mom and Aunt (the pastor) coming in to see him.

Piece of My Heart

"Stop the series."
Posted by Estee on 11-16-11 at 10:55 PM
Because nothing is ever going to be funnier than the preacher's son scooting on his back between the legs of a dancer line.

*giggle fit*

*light hysterics*

Go ahead. Tell me his eyes were closed.

*total collapse*

Sinner!

"RE: Marcus Canty"
Posted by Snidget on 11-16-11 at 10:56 PM
*cringe* *twitch* Not a whole in the world deep enough to hide from this. Blessed Mute button.

Nicole. you took on the queen of roots rock. You lit that stage on fire. All I could ever want. Don't you worry about a thing.

Paula. The entertainer, they exhaust me. You moped up the floor for the crew.

Simon. Good boy looking up 10 girl's skirts. Your mentor put you in hell. I don't think the song suited you. Pretending to be someone.

LA. You rocked.

Puts on sunglasses for the number read. then takes them right back off.

"RE: Marcus Canty"
Posted by whimsey on 11-16-11 at 10:57 PM
Good overall entertaining performance.

I have seen quite a bit of "butt cheek" during rehearsal footage and performances in this episode. Maybe I'm just old.

"Thanks, Snidget"
Posted by whimsey on 11-16-11 at 11:06 PM
for helping me catch up.