URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3156
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"X-Factor USA Top 12 Results ECST"

Posted by Snidget on 11-03-11 at 04:54 PM
Keep all filler, agenda items, controversies, how the results work, and the actual results here until the West Coast feels safe to turn the lights back on after the visual assault.

Programming note. I have an event tonight so will not be available to do the play by play.

I want something really snarky to read before bedtime, so have a blast!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: X-Factor USA Top 12 Results ECST"
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 05:01 PM
And I was going to watch Sheldon kick Simon's rear again.

I don't know if there's much point to tuning in before the last five minutes. Given that the show is basically everything bad about AI done worse plus throwing in some outside svck just for flavor, there's a good chance the filler will be provided by asking random audience members to perform huge musical numbers. Live.

Or the panel can just collectively tongue-bathe the entire contestant pool again. That last coat of saliva must be nearly dry...

Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 07:23 PM
And Simon will thank the people who he forgot to mention last night, starting with the voters and (as just as important) those who didn't vote.

He might include the crew who have done a splendid job of sizzling our retinas, ringing our ears and dolling up almost every contestant beyond recognition.

Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 07:32 PM
I'd appreciate it if he took a moment to thank the Autotune installation crew. The show was caught using it in the UK and Simon swore it wouldn't happen here -- but the Worsters claim they can spot the electronic adjustments.

Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 07:43 PM
"Here, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty."

Posted by emydi on 11-04-11 at 10:25 AM
Blossom kicked Simon's a$$ last nite, just sayin'

"Lipsynch on the group number!"
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:08 PM
Leroy raised his microphone just a little too late -- the start of his lyric emerged before his mouth began to move.

Good thing the show was already at zero credibility, huh?

"RE: Lipsynch on the group number!"
Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 08:10 PM
That was off by a mile. I guess he's not used to using it, being a real artist.

"RE: Lipsynch on the group number!"
Posted by agman on 11-03-11 at 08:23 PM
Poor Leroy. He's one of the few contestants I actually like!

"Forced confession."
Posted by Estee on 11-04-11 at 04:38 PM
Leroy's timing flub has pushed the producers into admitting what was going on last night. Still no admissions about Fakethis, but the broadcast mistakes are harder to deny...

http://tinyurl.com/3vgfab9

Gawds, the Agenda must hate Leroy right now.

"It's the UK format."
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:09 PM
Bottom Two perform again, the judges pick who goes out from there.

And no one could be bothered to explain this to us last night because...?

"RE: It's the UK format."
Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 08:12 PM
... it creates suspense.

And an opportunity for them to change it in case they didn't like the vote. "Oh, but we want these bottom two to go through. Change it to bottom three. No wait, bottom four. Oh, bloody hell, make it bottom eleven."

"RE: It's the UK format."
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:16 PM
Bottom Eleven would certainly use their filler time quota. But on the other hand, it would probably wind up including Fakethis. Can they really afford to take the chance on staining the stage with that much mascara? We already know the thing shoots fire...

"Endless recap."
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:14 PM
This is the best they could do for filler? It's been about five minutes of listening to the same nauseating overpraise we had to deal with last night.

My spellchecker now recognizes 'overpraise'. (I blame Steven.)

"RE: Endless recap."
Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 08:15 PM
And a replay of Simon's hug and kiss for the Queen.

Ugh. At least Tyler had some semblance of taste.

"RE: Endless recap."
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:19 PM
At least Tyler had some semblance of taste.

Given what he puts into his body, I'm not sure he has a working tongue. Or sense of balance. He definitely has trouble judging ages...

Repeating a line for this elimination format: Worsters grab a life vest. Their job just became one step harder.

"Redefining the American celebrity dream"
Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 08:20 PM
Starring in a Popsi commercial.

"RE: Redefining the American celebrity dream"
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:23 PM
Does the dream include Fakey's head on fire?

"RE: Redefining the American celebrity dream"
Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 08:27 PM
Like the liquid contents it normally contains, they could just can her.

"CIA Agent rocks out."
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:22 PM
Rocks out is the rocks out is the filler currently on stage.

I want to tear that stage apart with my bare hands. Or, for preference, with about eighty pounds of high explosive. The lightshow refuses to let anyone listen to the music -- even when they're better off without. And even when I close my eyes, it's still there...

Actually, when I close my eyes, the flashes go through the lids.

"RE: CIA Agent rocks out."
Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 08:26 PM
You mentioned spellchecker before. That performance with the letters flashing in the background looked like a giant spellchecker algorithm display gone wild.

How low does BRIGHTNESS go on my LCD TV go anyway? It still burns through at 0.

"Timekeeper Jones had better get on the job."
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:27 PM
We're about halfway through, we don't know one single safe party, two acts have to perform, and they need to get the Judges Totally Didn't Already Make The Decision shots. It might be time to send someone to next week via the -- couch? Stools? Edge of the stage?

Maybe they stand in the center and wait for the floor to eat them.

"RE: Timekeeper Jones had better get on the job."
Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 08:28 PM
Miss the first half hour because you were entertaining guests? Or just back from a late metro area commute? No worries! You didn't miss a single thing!

"RE: Timekeeper Jones had better get on the job."
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:34 PM
Is it possible that they're just that afraid of Sheldon?

It's a sensible reaction.

"Why We Don't Want To Go."
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:30 PM
Fakethis gets the last word.

Again.

And cries.

Again.

I want her to marry Hantz and get the apocalypse over with.

Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:35 PM
Marcus -- safe.

Drew -- safe.

Host -- speaking at the speed of Howie Mandel not opening a case.

Next reveal -- after the break.

"And the first ones to make it through..."
Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 08:36 PM
are...

... {pause}

... {pregnant pause}

... {aborted pause}

Marcus

and...

Drew.

And...

after this commercial break.

Such a waste of air time. It's like having a blank page between each page of a book.

"RE: And the first ones to make it through..."
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 09:07 PM
Looking at the time usage issues for the show keeps bringing me back to this, the recap segment -- and their insistence on replaying those PICTURE START mini-vids every time someone's about to come out. Of all things, it reminds me of the old Forever Eden Apple Of Mostly Evil. They paid for it and by the gawds, they're gonna use it.

Posted by agman on 11-03-11 at 08:43 PM
This is a pretty sad state of affairs when there are basically only two peeps commenting on a results show!...And they said this show was going to be great hmmmphphphp

Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 08:49 PM
That's funny, I count three.

Posted by agman on 11-03-11 at 08:52 PM
I forgot to tell you, I don't count, I'm just an agent of the wise and wonderful Zenbot!.....I'm really a hologram.

Posted by csnumber23 on 11-03-11 at 10:37 PM
I don't even watch the show until after it's over. I DVR and fast forward commercials. Can't really expect people to be commenting while they are watching the show. I still like the show better than Idol so far.

Posted by Estee on 11-04-11 at 09:08 AM
Are you suggesting the show is faking its live Twitter numbers?

Goes right along with every other part of the theme.

"Hantz edit continues."
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:44 PM
With Timekeeper repeatedly emphasizing the 'results are in no particular order' bit, I knew they were going to make Fakethis the last one safe just to punish any part of the audience who'd paid attention while simultaneously rallying her fanbase -- which may have trouble speaking 'no particular order.'

*shakes head*

People are not going to put up with this for long.

B2 is a mild surprise. I was expecting InTENsity to fall through, but having the Stereo Hoggz hit by the death slot and their effective stage-induced invisibility wasn't on my radar. Given the most recent AI models, I thought Lakoda Rayne would be the other bottom group. But either way, it looks really bad for Paula.

Gee, this never would happened with 4Shore.

"RE: Hantz edit continues."
Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 08:48 PM
I just imagined a lot of people on the edge of their seat, thinking, make the judges save her!

But, alas, our futile hopes are disappointed.

What are the Hogzz doing in the bottom two? Uh oh, the voter demographic isn't into groups, apparently. Poor Paula. She was doomed from the start.

And please, judges, for once show some sense. And don't leave it to Paula.

Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:55 PM
But, alas, our futile hopes are disappointed.

Meh. I never had any hope to begin with.

The idea of Paula as the doomed one is a curious thought. Is Simon petty enough to punish her for leaving him with the Kara/Ellen combo by assigning her the category with the lowest chance? We'll never know... but I think it was mostly random draw. At least after he insisted on getting the girls.

Posted by csnumber23 on 11-03-11 at 10:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-11 AT 10:34 PM (EST)

I didn't care for the Hogzz and I had Intensity going home. I think the Hogzz will be in the bottom 2 again next week but will be saved again unless the other group is with them. I don't think they want all the groups gone the first 3 weeks. I don't care for the judges deciding on the bottom 2.

"Hoggz perform."
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:48 PM
Y'know, just from a sheer fate-tempting standpoint, I would not want to start my attempt to stay with lyrics that included "It's over and done."

Softer, more balanced performance than last night. Some degree of unity. This is where they have the edge over InTENsity -- they can cover for each other.

"RE: Hoggz perform."
Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 08:50 PM
Yup, both individually and as a group, they're superior to a fair percentage of the contestants remaining. But I fear their number will keep coming up.

"InTENsity performs."
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 08:51 PM
Their one advantage: this is Paula's monster. She tied the last stitches, applied the lightning, and watched it lurch off the table. The show was desperate to get the artificial groups through -- does that continue? Weaker performance here, though -- the group notes are coming across as modulated shouting.

Well, at least the self-jinxing is equal. I wouldn't have picked singing "My life would suck" either.

"RE: InTENsity performs."
Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 08:55 PM
They're held together using the magic Glee GlueTM. Now it's time to apply a little pressure on the judges to see if this group still sticks around.

"Elimination."
Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 09:00 PM
The panel votes. In case of a tie, original lowest public vote total goes home.

To go home (with lots of rushing along from Timekeeper):

Simon: Hoggz. (Sabotage! He feels they can get a contract right now -- and undoubtedly that they're a threat to his three.)
Paula: InTENsity.
Nicole: InTENsity.
Reid: InTENsity. (Stalled it out as long as possible. Don't tell him to hurry!)

One monster down...

...one lying beyotch to go.

"RE: Elimination."
Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 09:04 PM
Reid got that out in the nick of network time. No sing-off, and hardly even a sign-off for that matter.

Now, I'm curious... what would have happened if Reid said the Hogzz? Suddenly, we've got a deadlocked panel, it's 8:58 with a few seconds to go to the 9:00 commercial breaks and... the horror of an overtime show due to a hung jury.

And why vote for who goes home? Voting for who stays is just the same and more positive. The show ends on a downer.

As for the vote... really, Simon? Kind of cutthroat there, aren't you?

For once, Paula got it right. And Nicole and L.A. backed her.

Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 09:14 PM
what would have happened if Reid said the Hogzz?

See above. They would revert to the original public vote: lowest total goes out.

And why vote for who goes home?

The SiClone got something from his donor...

As for the vote... really, Simon? Kind of cutthroat there, aren't you?

I was expecting it. It's a Survivor element: eat the strong -- your alliance needs to get through, and it's easier if the competition has been thinned.

Posted by cahaya on 11-03-11 at 09:21 PM
Missed that lowest total tie-breaker thing. Whew, Steve would have had all of 15 seconds to see them off.

Another thing I may have missed... did they ever say how many votes? Not even a vague "millions of votes"?

Posted by Estee on 11-03-11 at 09:35 PM
Not a word -- which implies it was nothing to boast about. The Worsters are wondering how online voting could have been counted all the way up to deadline and independently audited in time for the show -- but then they realized what they were implying and laughed it off.

I just finished reading their own update thread. They are majorly sick of Timekeeper Jones. It's gotten to the point where a few are thinking about how good Seacrest suddenly seems to be at his job.

So when that kid arrives, the apocalypse will have a head start.