URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 3145
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"A Huge Congrats to the Winners!!"

Posted by flutterby24 on 05-18-06 at 00:10 AM
So very happy that both of you won!! Congrats! You both worked hard for it and deserve it.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: A Huge Congrats to the Winners!!"
Posted by BHoneycutt on 05-18-06 at 04:15 AM
I second that! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those hippies! They played an awesome game the whole way through and I couldn't be happier that they won the million bucks! I was so impressed that they took the time to not only learn the other languages but took the time to display their manners, thank people for their help and just be as nice as two people can possibly be. I loved the time they were running to their car after leaving a pit stop but stopped to pet a dog's belly and show it love! These guys are so amazing! I'm really hoping some TV executive picks up on their likeability (is that even a word?) factor and gives them their own show. I wouldn't even care what it's about. I would tune in just because they truly bring me so much joy!

I would have to say that I got pretty mad at the Frats tonight for accusing my boys of not playing fair (by fibbing about seeing the clue from the roller coaster). What nerve those f-ing Frats have after playing really dirty by canceling everyone's cabs! I would laugh my butt off when the Hippies would try to lie (about the roller coaster and about drilling more ice holes than they really had). You could tell that they were just joking around and trying to be funny. They weren't trying to be mean or vengeful like those stinking Frats! But there was a million dollars on the line! For the Frats (after lying and cheating themselves) to expect the entire truth out of BJ and Tyler just showed their ignorance! And what sore losers were the Frats? I know had the hippies come in 2nd, they would have still been smiling because of the awesome experience they had just had thanks to TAR!

BJ and Tyler, thanks for the best Amazing Race to date! You guys are the BEST and God bless you both! CONGRATULATIONS boys! A job well done! Hope to see more from you!

Posted by catsnotkids on 05-18-06 at 10:11 AM
I agree. The frat boys embarrassed themselves with their sore loser behavior at the end. They acted like the hippies didn't deserve to win or something. And what was that crack about it coming down to intellect? And what of it? The Race isn't just about your athletic ability, boys.

I appreciated how the hippies really made an effort to reach out to people in the countries they visited and make human connections. That is amazing, considering that $1 million was at stake. They showed their true humanness in the face of competition and the stress of the Race.

It was terrific to see that they learned the words for "Thank you" in EVERY country they visited!

Posted by AugustGirl on 05-18-06 at 07:08 AM
Yay for the groovy hippies. So very happy they won. So very happy the frat boys DIDN'T win.

YAY!

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Posted by MaryKat on 05-18-06 at 07:29 AM
I am also very happy they won. WooHoo!

Posted by lk6391 on 05-18-06 at 07:39 AM
I am so glad that BJ and Tyler beat the "FRAT" boys. Were they not the most sore losers you ever saw. Not even a handshake for the "Hippies". BJ and Tyler showed that intelligence, friendliness, and having fun is what life is about. I was so impressed with these two getting to know the people from other countries and helping other teammates if they could. This was by far the best season of The Amazing Race. I told my husband that it was just as intense as 24.

Congrats BJ and Tyler.

Posted by dragonflies on 05-18-06 at 08:54 AM
Yeah Hippies!

Sigs by Cyg

Posted by HistoryDetective on 05-18-06 at 09:13 AM
Congratulations, Hippies! Those two non-eliminations really proved what kind of superior Racers you really are!

Sigs by Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.

Posted by Lisa0116 on 05-18-06 at 10:14 AM
Congrats to my FAVORITE team ever. They were really good television.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 05-18-06 at 10:26 AM
And let us not forget that they left Ray and Yolanda some money, afterall, they couldn't have accrued too much after losing their money twice.

They re-paid Ray and Yolanda for their thoughtfulness at a crucial time in the game, final three! If they were all for the win, they wouldn't have done that. You didn't see the frat boys do anything, did ya? That's the difference between a gentleman and ummmm, what ever the frat boys are, a disgrace to their mothers and grandmothers.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-18-06 at 07:30 PM
Let me first defend the Frat Boys. They did give the Hippies shoes on the non-elinimation round before the last. I did not hate the Frat Boys. If they won I though all power to them....they were afterall the best team up until the final leg. But I was rooting for the Hippies and glad they won.

I think the Frat Boys were joking about the hippies playing dirty. They knew they did too, especially when they canceled the cabs.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 05-19-06 at 09:45 AM
I agree, they left the hippies shoes, but not Ray and Yolanda, when things were getting serious.

Posted by ericalp335 on 05-23-06 at 00:21 AM
>I agree, they left the hippies shoes, but not Ray and
>Yolanda, when things were getting serious.

Did you happen to forget that Yolanda gave the hippies PANTS!

I agree i was sooooo happy when they won! I would love to meet them. They are so fun lovin!

"The best part"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-18-06 at 10:44 AM
It seemed obvious for most of the episode, and even most of the series, that this was a two team race all the way. Personally, I would have been happy if either team had won. I ended up liking the frat boys more than I thought I would, BUT I do think that the Hippies will be more responsible and do a better job using the money than the frat boys. I really believe that they will make the world a better place with that money rather than spend it on girls and cars - no disrespect to the frat boys but age and maturity will do that for a fella. It definitely made me feel better about the winners.

But, the four of us had a great time.

Posted by TARJUNKIE999 on 05-18-06 at 11:45 AM

Posted by Lasann on 05-18-06 at 12:22 PM
*giggle*

I think they are both hot! (I've always liked skinny men and I love facial hair.)

(runs fast out of thread and ducks)

Heaven on Earth! That’s me lying on the beach *giggle*

Posted by sittem on 05-18-06 at 01:20 PM
A quote from Tyler on the winners mat when Phil asked what the race was like after it was all over:

"If life was a sexual experience this would be the climax."

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by Joools on 05-18-06 at 06:19 PM
After the disappointing (IMO) end to Survivor this season, I was beyond thrilled with BJ and Tyler's win. I truly believe they are really good guys who are going to put that money to good use. They are definitely in my top three teams that have ever appeared on TAR, may stories of the hippies be spoken of for many seasons to come.

BJ and Tyler, I love you guys, mucho congratulations and I wish you both nothing but the best in whatever other adventures come your way.

Posted by mizwoodym on 05-18-06 at 06:26 PM
A great season for sure...
on the early show this morning, the interview with all the teams ended with ray getting down on one knee and proposing to Yolanda(she accepted) and they all toasted with champagne... a fitting end...
if you can, go to the cbs website and watch the interview with the hippies... they mention lake... its pretty funny

Posted by BHoneycutt on 05-19-06 at 01:41 AM
mizwoodym~Thanks for posting that the Early Show interview was availbale online! I forgot to set my DVR so I was quite bummed out to miss it! That was great to get to see it online, so thanks a bunch!

Posted by amandatees on 05-22-06 at 12:47 PM
Agreed I'm so happy the hippies won. I really was impressed with their knowledge, communication, postive attitudes, and honest play. Especially their multi-language(s). Did they go to ANY country where they couldn't speak the language? Regarding the sign/roller coaster comment, at least they didn't cancel other peoples taxis, etc. Psyching out another team is totally different than actively and maliciously impedeing another team's effors. Using the yeild is fair game-true they were under mis-information when it was used- but MOJO wimpering "its not FAAAIIRRR" was not good sportsman ship. I enjoyed watching as kharma cought up with the other team(s). Would have liked Ray and Yolanda to win also, they were good people. At least they won something awesome (the trip).

Does 2nd place get any $$$ (like Survior)?

YAY HIPPIES!