URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 313
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"A little birdy told me."

Posted by ANDREWSfriendCJ on 10-03-02 at 11:10 PM
Ok. Actually, i think the little birdy had too much to drink and let this one slip. But, I was told not to be surprised if the final places somehow changes before the second leg begins. Apparently, one of the teams did something wrong and so the whole order gets changed. Not really sure what is going to happen. Daddy stepped in to shut sons mouth before to much was released. I will keep watching for the clues from Andrew. I have been trying to trick him into telling details. Damn, I guess thats why they chose not to tell Mommy the outcome until the show is over. She would be telling everyone the details.

CJ
Lexington, KY
http://committed.to/blockedreality

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: A little birdy told me."
Posted by katem on 10-04-02 at 00:35 AM
First of all, welcome to the boards.

Second, hope you don't mind if I ask you how you know Andrew, and to give some details about your relationship to him.

See, since you're new here, just trying to see if what you are saying is a real spoiler or just someone playing with us.

Do tell .....

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

"Teri, Ian, and the Jackass..."
Posted by cmaybur on 10-04-02 at 05:52 AM
Okay, here's what I'm thinking. Why were Teri and Ian driving their own donkey cart? No donkey handler in sight. Didn't the rules say that they had to direct their donkey handler on what route to take, not to drive the cart themselves?

Chris

"RE: Teri, Ian, and the Jackass..."
Posted by Neobie on 10-04-02 at 07:49 AM
Nope...

Teri was pulling, Ian was whipping and the kid was just pushing behind...

Was rather funny though...

Posted by cmaybur on 10-04-02 at 08:00 AM
I guess it will ultimately depend on how the instructions were worded. The way I understood it, the donkey handler had to drive the cart, while the teams gave directions. I didn't think the teams were allowed to handle the donkey or maneuver the cart. If that's the case, then there may be penalties a-plenty.

Chris

"HOw I know andrew"
Posted by ANDREWSfriendCJ on 10-04-02 at 10:50 AM
Ok. Andrew and I both go to Eastern KY univeristy in Richmond KY. last year he moved to florida for a little while with his bestfriend missy to work. When they moved back to KY, Andrew started school here. One of my bestfriends introduced he and his boyfriend Aaron to me. Ok, so I had an instance crush on the guy. So, I started going to baskettball games and stuff to see him cheer. Over time, we became good friends. Andrew is now one of my bestfriends.
Oh, if anyone wants to know more about andrew, you can go to http://KYandrew.com This is his personal site that is currently being built. You can go there now and see lots of pic and read his bio.

CJ
http://committed.to/blockedreality

"RE: HOw I know andrew"
Posted by Neobie on 10-04-02 at 01:12 PM
OMG this guy has a link to PFLAG and Will and Grace on his website!

Posted by Strider on 10-07-02 at 06:08 PM
And what's your point?

Strider

Posted by diehardTARfan on 10-04-02 at 01:41 PM
Hey,

Check out Andrew's resume......pretty good stuff.......but the race just started and he's looking for a job offer......

Way to go HOBY!!! I was an ambassador as well!

Rock on!

Posted by 712 on 10-07-02 at 03:43 PM
From Andrew's journal on his website:
*cough**cough*

I saw a website today dedicated to bashing myself and all the contestants. Kind of pathetic these people dedicate their time to tearing down other people. Oh well you can please everyone so focus on pleasing yourself, I guess that's a good theory. I never knew what effect ignorance really had on people until it was forced in my direction. I figure it's no biggie... I have a lot more people for me than against me.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 10-08-02 at 08:04 PM
> Kind of
>pathetic these people dedicate their
>time to tearing down other
>people.

The kid just doesn't get it and clearly has too high an opinion of himself -- far better players like Kevin & Drew, Team Guido, Ron & Brennan have gotten it, apparently this guy was too busy at home looking at himself in the mirror the day they gave out clues.

(hey, you know what I think that website needs -- some more pictures of him, I noticed this two inch section of the page that didn't have a photo, oh my heck, how did that happen, he better get his crack team of webmasters right on that! )

This kid thinks he needs to "take a semester off" from school to deal with the media crush?? No... not too full of himself.

...this kid's yet to prove that he's even worthy of holding Kevin or Drew's jock straps.

-SB

Posted by Esbea on 10-09-02 at 01:16 PM
My favorite pics on the site? The ones of him (clearly from the race) with his Dad cut out of them! LOL

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

Posted by AUJoey on 10-09-02 at 01:28 PM
i think andrew was probably looking at a different board. We haven't said anything too harsh about him here, but they have been pretty hard on him over on the TWoP boards. I can understand him being a bit defensive.

But again, I'm probably biased...(and I liked the pictures!)

Posted by Esbea on 10-04-02 at 11:06 AM
yep..Teri was left to lead BOTH the jackasses through the streets....

"Miami Traffic Issues."
Posted by sleeeve on 10-04-02 at 12:36 PM
The rules clearly state that you cannot break any laws-- including traffic laws.

Team 911 will be penalized for running a red light.

Didn't they show another team break the speed limit?

In any case, there will be several traffic penalties.

However, what's more important? Starting next episode an hour or two later than you thought (when there's just gonna be a bunch point, anyway) or getting on that first plane so that you are guaranteed a spot in the second leg. Yeah... I think they made the right decision to break the traffic laws.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

"RE: Miami Traffic Issues."
Posted by TeamJoisey on 10-04-02 at 02:20 PM

I agree with Sleeve here. They were rolling behind another team as the light turned. So run the light, keep up with the competition, and pay a penalty later if there is one. That first plane kept teams out of the "loser group." Even if the police stopped them, the contestant cop would have flashed a badge and talked their way out of it quickly.

By the way, lots of people slide through a light as it goes red. Or at least they do here in Joisey, car insurance capital of the world.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Posted by survivorscott on 10-04-02 at 08:43 PM
If there is a time penalty: would it be enough of a diffrence that the soccer moms would be put back in the race?I mean if team 3rd watch gets penalized say and hour, and the soccer moms arrived 45 minutes (hypotheticaly) after them wouldn't that mean they didn't finish last. Even if they did still finish last, they obeyed the rules, why should someone who didn't get to continue playing? If you broke a law wouldn't that be enough of reason to disqualify you from the race. Or do we have levels of law breaking with diffrent time penalties? Run a red light=1 hour, Steal = 2 hours, murder = 3hours, falling flat on your face while in a donkey race on tv = priceless.
I am going to take a wait and see approach on this.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Posted by GTmike on 10-05-02 at 03:08 AM
Run a red light=1 hour, Steal= 2 hours, murder =3hours, falling flat on your face while in a donkey race
on tv = priceless.

LOL. This is so funny. I laughed so hard and then felt guilty.

Posted by kpod on 10-04-02 at 09:18 PM
I'm wondering if maybe the penalty for the red light wasn't enforced off-camera the first night. Even with the language problems it seemed weird that the Fuzz dropped from 2nd all the way to 7th in a four-block leg of the race.

But either way, I'd rather have some liberties allowed than winding up having it be like the Cannonball Run where we saw the teams locked into a speed-limit holding pattern relative to each other.

Posted by munson on 10-06-02 at 12:29 PM
Liberties are fine but running red lights and speeding, can cause, like, death. I'm sure the producers are just trying to avoid unscheduled roadblocks such as manslaughter charges or negligent homicide raps despite any potentially harmful effects on the ratings.

Posted by stinky the walrus on 10-06-02 at 05:30 PM
A team is penalized because someone took the wrong route with the donkey. I'm not sure who it is... but it's a team that came in 8th place or above.

Not as interesting as one would hope, eh?

Posted by ShowMeTheWinner on 10-08-02 at 03:59 AM
Hmmm... interesting. By the way, where did you happen to get the information from? A link would help.
Anyway I get the feeling that the team is Ian&Teri. Teri was leading the donkey and I think they took much longer to reach the pitstop than the other teams who chose the donkey.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

Posted by stinky the walrus on 10-08-02 at 07:41 PM
Nope, it's not Teri and Ian, because I got the information from their son.

Yeah... I am so VIP.

Posted by survivormitsx on 10-08-02 at 10:40 PM

So since you talked to their son, you could tell us also if their eliminated this second leg then, right? Because if they were, they'd be flying to New York tomorrow...help us out

If your happy and you know it, Do the Cooper dance!!

Posted by stinky the walrus on 10-09-02 at 07:50 PM
Heheh, nope. His parents hardly tell him anything; this was the only information he's gotten out of them thus far.

I talk to him at least once a week, so maybe the next time I see him he'll have squeezed something else outta them.

Posted by Esbea on 10-09-02 at 10:10 AM
Teri/Ian finished ninth.....so most likely its A-Mon....