URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3121
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Wednesday night's AI Finale -- guest performers on results night"

Posted by zazzy on 05-24-11 at 11:16 AM
Set the DVR for 8pm to 10:07 pm. Wednesday night's results show will feature Bono and The Edge, Steven Tyler, David Cook, Jack Black while Aerosmith turns down the opportunity to perform for millions. There are also rumors...

Here are parts of the article:

-----

Idol Finale: Who Will Perform Live?
Bono, The Edge, Steven Tyler, Jack Black confirmed

Updated: Monday, 23 May 2011, 10:17 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 23 May 2011, 10:12 PM EDT

By EMILY STONE/myfoxatlanta

LOS ANGELES, Cal. -

... confirmed-- Season 7 winner David Cook, judge Steven Tyler and U2’s Bono and The Edge.

....Tyler told FOX he would perform, but his Aerosmith band mates will not.

....Bono and The Edge are also on the list of confirmed performers. They’ll play something from their new musical Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark.

....In one of what is expected to be many duets featuring Idol contestants, Casey Abrams will get the chance to play with Jack Black.

Rumors:

.... Both Stevie Nicks and Lady Gaga were on the rumor list, as was Beyonce, who is rumored to be performing with the Top 12 girls.

....On the web, rumors swirled that Tom Jones would perform live on Wednesday night. Season 10 fan favorite James Durbin is rumored to be performing with Judas Priest, and there has been talk that Charice from Glee will perform with castoff Pia Toscano.

-----

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Wednesday night's AI Finale -- guest performers on results night"
Posted by Estee on 05-24-11 at 11:19 AM
They’ll play something from their new musical Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark.

Which creates our best-ever chance for Ryan to literally die on stage.

Posted by zazzy on 05-24-11 at 12:40 PM
Looks like Charice is a lock:

http://yfrog.com/h0yxym5j

Posted by zazzy on 05-24-11 at 01:15 PM
L0oks like David Cook is on tonight.

More info from MJ'sbigblog:

----David Cook will perform the S10 boot song “Don’t You (Forget About me)” on the Idol final tonight.

---According to her parents, Haley Reinhart will sing an original song on the finale. The tune will be released to iTunes, and if it’s successful, an album will follow.

----Lady Gaga will sing “Edge of Glory” from her new album on Wednesday’s finale, accompanied by Bruce Springsteen E Street Band saxophonist, Clarence Clemons.

----Adam Lambert, Carrie Underwood confirmed to be at Wednesday’s finale

And from Twitter:

@LeeDeWyze Lee DeWyze
Hey guys, no I'm not performing at the Finale. I wasn't asked to . A lot of questions so I thought I'd fill you in. Talk to you soon

And tweets from Lee's brother...wonder if some were deleted?

The one calling dizzyfeet a scumbag is still there:

http://twitter.com/#!/MikeDeWyze

Posted by zazzy on 05-24-11 at 01:24 PM
Lyndsey Parker weighs in on Lee's not being invited to perform:

http://tinyurl.com/3egexmh

And someone posted on MJ's that Lee was not asked/ or was un-asked? to perform in th pre finale viewing party that is being held in front of the theater with 15 former idols before the show.

Lyndsey also mentions that Chris Medina did not get tickets to the finale show...remember him? The one AI used for his tear jerker story about his fiance?

Posted by Estee on 05-24-11 at 01:39 PM
Who's Lee DeWyze?

Is the question nearly every music buyer failed to answer.

Posted by zazzy on 05-24-11 at 03:32 PM
Oh, Estee, we can always count on you.

Frankly, I am not sure how much promotional support he got. Kris did not get much, except that LLYWD was a big hit.

However, to have the Kris-ty-Lee-Cook curse be complete, they would need Kris/Lee/David to all be there on finale night to embrace Scot-ty into the fold, hmmm.

Posted by Estee on 05-24-11 at 03:49 PM
What's-his-face is a lot of the reason I've been insisting the show needs Scotty to be a commercial success now. X-Factor already pulled away a good percentage of next year's audition pool with their promise of a higher guaranteed prize. If they can also promote their winner out of the gate, then Nigel's going to be watching all the talent migrate to autumn.

I think next season's going to have a weaker pool. The year after that might be just about empty.

Posted by zazzy on 05-24-11 at 06:22 PM
Rumor from THR via MJs:

"And, he’ll be in good company. According to the source, the Aerosmith frontman will be joined by Carrie Underwood, Lady Gaga and Beyonce who will perform a group medley along with contestants Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina."

Posted by zazzy on 05-25-11 at 09:32 AM
From MJ'sbigblog comments--looks like Lauren w/Carrie and Scotty w/Tim McGraw:

"Here is the full list that Julie Chang just announced on Good Day NY, Fox 5:

1) Beyonce performing w/Top 13 girls

2) Tom Jones

3) Tony Bennett

4) Lady Gaga

5) Tim McGraw – duet w/Scotty

6) TBoz & Chili w/Lil’ Jon

7) JLo & Marc – duet

8 ) Gladys Night

9) Bono & The Edge

10) Carrie Underwood – duet w/Lauren

11) Judas Priest – POSSIBLY w/James

Posted by zazzy on 05-25-11 at 09:38 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-11 AT 09:40 AM (EST)

So, putting this together with other facts/rumors:

1) Beyonce performing w/Top 13 girls
2) Tom Jones
3) Tony Bennett
4) Lady Gaga
5) Tim McGraw – duet w/Scotty
6) TBoz & Chili w/Lil’ Jon
7) JLo & Marc – duet
8) Gladys Night
9) Bono & The Edge
10) Carrie Underwood – duet w/Lauren
11) Judas Priest – POSSIBLY w/James
and Casey w/Jack Black
and Charice (w/Pia?)
and Steven Tyler

That's 14 acts plus they need to squeeze in giving the F2 the cars/Ford vids, and the results somewhere at the end.

Could Gladys Night be there for Jason?

(and Gaga for Haley, lol, since Haley sang her unreleased song? JK)

What about a guys' group number?

Posted by cahaya on 05-25-11 at 09:55 AM
I like this list.

1) Beyonce performing w/Top 13 girls -- expect some autotuning here.
2) Tom Jones -- haven't heard him in ages, so I'm curious.
3) Tony Bennett -- I dig this guy, looking forward to it.
4) Lady Gaga -- pass.
5) Tim McGraw – duet w/Scotty -- curious, but I'm not holding my breath
6) TBoz & Chili w/Lil’ Jon -- ick.
7) JLo & Marc – duet -- Hmmm, could be interesting with JLo.
8) Gladys Night -- Yeah, another old fav.
9) Bono & The Edge -- Curious, again.
10) Carrie Underwood – duet w/Lauren -- Not my cup of tea.
11) Judas Priest – POSSIBLY w/James -- James with these guys would seriously rock. Must see.
and Casey w/Jack Black -- Could dig this a lot.
and Charice (w/Pia?) -- Could be interesting with Pia.
and Steven Tyler -- Curious who's with him.

Looks quite entertaining. I might actually like half of these sets.

Posted by zazzy on 05-25-11 at 10:31 AM
More scoop from THR--Haley's duet partner, the top 13 guys' celeb partner; confirmation for James:

"...And in what are bound to be two standout moments that don’t involve the final two, James Durbin will take the stage with iconic metal outfit Judas Priest (he sang the band’s “You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’” during the Top 24),

and Haley Reinhart, who some thought might get a stay of elimination on Tuesday night, will have her moment with Tony Bennett. Serendipitously, the legendary jazz crooner is gearing up for the release of a forthcoming duets album.

In addition, ladies man Tom Jones will appear with the Top 13 guys.

While Fox will not confirm or comment on any prospective bookings, it’s been long rumored that both judges Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez will perform on the show, the former pushing his first ever solo single and the latter likely hyping her single “On the Floor,” currently No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100. Sources tell THR Lopez will indeed take the stage, but it won't be alone, and multiple blogs report that Aerosmith’s “Dream On” was heard during rehearsal on Tuesday.

Backstage in the press room after the performance show, Tyler would only say that a guitar will be on hand Wednesday should he "choose to play it." As for whether the singer will be joined by his Aerosmith bandmates? The jury's still out. Worth noting: it wouldn’t be Joe Perry’s first time on the Idol stage. The guitarist played The Kinks “You Really Got Me” with Sanjaya Malakar during the Season 6 finale.

The Interscope contingent will include Lady Gaga (performing "Edge of Glory") and U2’s Bono and the Edge (performing a song from the musical Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark), and there looks to be one more surprise by an unexpected twosome: the surviving members of TLC.

As with everything Idol, all is subject to last-minute change."

Posted by zazzy on 05-25-11 at 11:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-11 AT 11:33 AM (EST)

Nice slideshow of many former AI contestants from yesterday's preshow:

-David Cook, Michael Johns, Jason Castro, Kim Locke, Diane Degarmo, Lakisha Jones, Kim Caldwell, Ace Young, Tim Urban, Michael Sarver, Sanjaya, Nikki McKibbin, Andrew Garcia, Didi Benami, Blake Lewis,Elliot Yamin, Scott MacIntrye, Paige Miles, etc.:

http://tinyurl.com/3zh4zrv

Michael Sarver looks better than he did on the show!

Tim Urban looks like he's trying out the Bieber look, lol.

Posted by zazzy on 05-25-11 at 11:22 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-11 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

Michael Johns and Jason Castro vids from yesterday:

http://tinyurl.com/3b4eb47

"Amongst the performers were Diana DeGarmo, Kimberly Caldwell, Blake Lewis, Michael Johns, and Jason Castro, all of whom sang 2-3 songs.

I came over in the middle of Diana's set and heard her singing "Backwoods Barbie" by Dolly Parton. One of Kimberly's songs was "Come To My Window". Michael Johns did "Heart on My Sleeve", "I've Been Loving You Too Long" (a cappella) and "We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions". Jason Castro did "You Are" and "Hallelujah". "