URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 312
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Dancing With The Stars #4 Episode #14 East Coast Update Thread"

Posted by Estee on 05-07-07 at 05:42 PM
Please keep all descriptions of Billy Ray's increasingly desperate attempts to get thrown off the show (including, but not limited to: mooning Carrie, kissing Len, and asking Bruno if he wants to see what else Billy Ray does like a crazy bear in the woods) on this thread until the West Coast gets to see what the FCC will ultimately refer to as Warddrobe Malfunction II. Thank you.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Dancing With The Stars #4 Episode #14 East Coast Update Thread"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 07:48 PM
Maybe we can get that guy they just did a bit on CNN about to come to the show and do a naked photo shoot in the middle of Billy Ray's dance, that might get him kicked off.

Posted by whimsey on 05-07-07 at 07:49 PM
Hey Estee! I'm here with bells on my toes. (Was that too much info?)

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-07-07 at 07:51 PM
I'm watching, but I may not be posting much - at least until later. Dinner's running late tonight.

"Ian Ziering"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 07:56 PM
Again two dances, one latin one ballroom. First Ballroom.

Awwww. It's Cheryl's birthday. He gave her a 10 on the cake.

Rumba for the Latin. Foxtrot for the Ballroom.

He is in a black tux ans she is in a white backless dress with white fur trim on the neck ans the end of the sleeves.

Dancing to Baby it's cold outside.

Len. I always think of you as Mr. consistency, you took a bit of a dip. You did the American Smooth style and it was a bit skippy and hoppy.

Bruno. The body was like a jumping goat.

Carrie Ann. The footwork was off, but you brought exuberance and charm to the dance.

Scores 8~7~7 22 total.

"RE: Ian Ziering"
Posted by whimsey on 05-07-07 at 07:57 PM
My heaven’s can this poor man get a break! I have wanted Cheryl and Ian to do well because they have all the elements to be good performers. But they are missing something. They look good together, they balance …but I don’t know why it’s not working.

"Joey Fatone"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 08:01 PM
Doing the Waltz and the Mambo.

Kim and Joey went to the Kentucky Derby.

No razzle dazzle just a straight up waltz.

She is in a light pink music box top looking dress. He is in a black tux with tail.

To "I'll be loving you, always."

That was a nice little move at the end spinning her around.

Bruno. Stripped down Joey. Stick to the razzle dazzle. Looked like a rehersal. This was not good enough to be in the final.

Carrie Ann. Go with Bruno. You need to not hold back. It was a solid technical waltz.

Len. You did elegance it had a beauty to it. Not wham bam thankyou ma'am. You did proper dancing.

"RE: Joey Fatone"
Posted by whimsey on 05-07-07 at 08:03 PM
Joey always delivers the goods. While some might not appreciate his exuberance, I love it.
Performance – for a change, I thought the music was as lovely as the dancers. But a little slow for Joey. I agree w/Bruno – missed the pizzazz.

Len said the dress Kim wore was before his time. . .was it saber-toothed tiger pelts????

"RE: Joey Fatone"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 08:05 PM
Scores 9~9~8 26 total

"PSA"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 08:04 PM
I will be in Utah sans computer next week. So I can't do the play by play for DWTS or AI next week.

"RE: PSA"
Posted by whimsey on 05-07-07 at 08:15 PM
Aww Snidget. The shows aren't the same without you. You are excellent!

"Billy Ray Cyrus"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 08:12 PM
Fox trot and Mambo.

He will do whatever choreography she wants.

He wants an 8.

He is in a black coqboy inspired tux, with hat. and she is in a cream backless dress.

To "Stand by your Man".

Carrie Ann. I just marvel at the fact you are still in the competition. You have improved so much. You technique is not quite up to par.

Len. It has the most content of any dance I've seen you do. The problem was you did all the right steps but at all the wrong times. It was entertaining.

Bruno. You always are deliciously awful. Ti was the foxtrot on the temple of doom. I love him, but this was terrible, it was crap.

Scores 7~6~5 18 total

"RE: Billy Ray Cyrus"
Posted by whimsey on 05-07-07 at 08:14 PM
Billy Ray seems humbled, or just tired. Could’ve tried a Texas Two-Step for the foxtrot? Might have been better. What am I talking about, better? As if.

"Laila Ali"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 08:23 PM
Her Dad is in the audience tonight.

Doing the Waltz for the Ballroom portion.

She is in red with long red gloves starts out "sleeping" on the stage. He is in a black tux with tails.

She blows a kiss to dad.

Not sure of the song, ends with "Good day and good night" which explains the sleeping thing.

Tom thinks we've seen season's 4 moment.

Len. It had class, great movement across the floor. Posture not so good.

Bruno. Now we are in business. The lady in red. You sold it.

Carrie. Your brought emotion to the dance floor. True and profound.

Scores. 9~9~9 27 total

"RE: Laila Ali"
Posted by whimsey on 05-07-07 at 08:24 PM
What can one say? Beautiful!

"Apolo Anton Ohno"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 08:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-07 AT 08:35 PM (EST)

Doing the Tango and the Paso Doble.

Practice seemed really intense.

To. Jesse's girl.

She is in a black backless pant dress with a big flower on the shoulder and one sleeve. He is in a black tux.

Bruno. Like a lightning storm that was electric and inventive choreography. He's excited.

Carrie Ann. Usually your upper body isn't' good but tonight I don't know what happened it was perfect.

Len. It lacked any passion it lacked drama. (boos and slaps from judges) It was far too hectic. It was a cacophony of noise and movement.

SCORE 10~8~10 oops it was keyed in as a 9 from Carrie Ann so a total of 27

"RE: Apolo Anton Ohno"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 08:34 PM
Um sounds like they have to sort the scores during the break.

Ain't live TV great!

Posted by KoalaChick on 05-07-07 at 08:36 PM
Sounds like Len is playing the Crabby Old Fart routine up again.

Posted by whimsey on 05-07-07 at 08:41 PM
Hey, KC! Great to have you here. Although, I did enjoy having Snidget all to myself.

Posted by KoalaChick on 05-07-07 at 08:43 PM
Hey Whims! Looks like we'll have to keep each other company next week while Snidget is away...

Posted by whimsey on 05-07-07 at 08:48 PM
It'll be my pleasure, KC! I'll bring the pizza, you bring the drinks.

Posted by whimsey on 05-07-07 at 08:37 PM
That was great! Footwork, posture, music, very nice. Its a shame that this happened tonight. You can’t beat Laila tonight.

What is the deal with Len and Apolo Anton Ohno? Even if the dance was not technically a tango, it was spectacular.
Once again, Samantha screws with the score total. Rewind, and try again.

Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 08:39 PM
It was in the computer, not Carrie an so it will be scored as a 10 so 10~9~10 so 28 total.

Posted by qwertypie on 05-07-07 at 08:56 PM
Did they do tango or Paso to Jesse's girl?

I really can't see either one, I'll have to wait til it airs here (note to self -- must get cable)

Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 09:01 PM
Tango for this one. Paso in the Latin round

Posted by qwertypie on 05-07-07 at 09:24 PM
D'OH - my argentinian roots are showing again

"Ian Ziering 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 08:42 PM
Rumba to Imagine by Lennon.

she is in a dusky blue bare midriff halter dress, he is in a matching shirt with black pants.

Does a slide at the end that was nice.

Computer malfunction has been fixed.

Carrie Ann. Trying to do the passion, but not authentic. Like it didn't really feel good to have her wrapped around you.

Len. Every pose was right there, great hip action. Not natural. Like you are thinking of what she taught you.

Bruno. I thought you were in business. Great improvement after being knocked down.

Scores 8~8~9 25 total

"RE: Ian Ziering 2"
Posted by whimsey on 05-07-07 at 08:45 PM
Ian and Cheryl…what to do? I kind of wish they were in a different season. Maybe they’d do better. OH, and we are back to the “off” music. Imagine for Latin.. I think not.

"Sabotage!"
Posted by udg on 05-07-07 at 09:47 PM
I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, but could that song have been any worse?

Lack of passion? THEY WERE DANCING A RUMBA TO IMAGINE. WTF did they expect? Seriously, that was just plain wrong.

I just used all 5 of my phone votes for Ian. I do *not* want him gone before Billy Ray.

"RE: Sabotage!"
Posted by bobstew617 on 05-07-07 at 10:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-07 AT 10:18 PM (EST)

Lack of passion? THEY WERE DANCING A RUMBA TO IMAGINE. WTF did they expect? Seriously, that was just plain wrong.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing! IMAGINE is a slow dance song, if at all.

"RE: Sabotage!"
Posted by qwertypie on 05-08-07 at 01:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-07 AT 01:37 AM (EST)

LOL - I thought rumbas were supposed to be rhythmic and have at least a little tiny bit to do with love or flirtation or passion. Not idealist

"Joey Fatone 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 08:52 PM
Mambo

To Pump it

He is in black short sleeve shirt, vest and pant. she is in a Gold dress with pink under the short skirt.

Len. I gotta say you danced that on the second beat which is hard with good under arm turns. you spent a lot of time between each other's legs.

Bruno. That was wham bam thank you ma'am and I liked it.

Carrie. I like that you have stepped it up and working your buns off.

Scores 10~9~10 29 total

"RE: Joey Fatone 2"
Posted by whimsey on 05-07-07 at 08:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-07 AT 08:57 PM (EST)

Pimp the Mambo! Count me in, if it’s Joey. Is it a problem that they spent a lot of time a'twixt…&…a’tween one another’s legs? Just sayin’.

EDT for, of course, spelling

"Billy Ray Cyrus 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 08:56 PM
Mambo

She is in dark pink with a lot of ruffles on the skirt and a bra top. He is in black.

To "I'm going to do it my way.

He does a slide through her legs she does a lay back thing on top of him. He stops to say hi to Papa Ali.

Bruno. You are like a wild beast that can't be tamed. She is going to end up at Betty Ford

Carrie Ann. You make people think they can do this, too.

Len. You are always entertaining. It has got to be two dances of equal merit. You went with that little thing there.

Scores (ack complaining about the judges being rude)
6~7~7 total of 20

"RE: Billy Ray Cyrus 2"
Posted by whimsey on 05-07-07 at 08:59 PM
Len: "Too bad this was not a dance one, get one free."

High-larius!

Posted by JessicaRN on 05-07-07 at 11:52 PM
Billy Ray going on about the judges was kind of weird because I guess he was serious. Has he never seen the show before? I've always enjoyed him even though he can't dance, but the whining really changed the way I feel about him.

Posted by KoalaChick on 05-08-07 at 02:09 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-07 AT 02:10 AM (EST)

Bruno had no business calling his performance "crap". I'm sorry, I like Bruno, but that was uncalled for. These celebrities put themselves out there for ABC's ratings, totally out of their comfort zone, and you can't tell me that Billy Ray didn't give it as much as he could. He was clearly hurt by that, and it was over the line. Bruno was out of line.

Posted by catsnotkids on 05-08-07 at 09:50 AM
Yes, Bruno was out of line, but Bruno called BR's DANCING crap. BR responded by calling Bruno HIMSELF crap. That made BR look like a big baby, frankly. He came off like a redneck who couldn't step back and be the bigger person in that situation.

Posted by udg on 05-08-07 at 01:28 PM
I agree. Also, it was obvious that Bruno didn't really mean for that particular word to come out. He got caught up in arguing with CAI. Not that that makes it *right*, but I'm sure even without Billy Ray's temper tantrum, an apology would have been forthcoming.

"RE: Joey Fatone 2"
Posted by qwertypie on 05-07-07 at 09:00 PM
you spent a lot of time between each other's legs

Coming from Len? Now that will be funny.

"Laila Ali 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 09:05 PM
To Leroy Brown.

Doing the Jive.

He is in a white vest and pant with black short sleeve shirt. She is in a black dress with a red belt.

Carrie Ann. I thought it was clever and funky with great foot work. Watch your arms on the turns.

Len. I was very very pleased. You can't do 12 bar intro with the handkerchief or pillow, more content.

Bruno. I do agree for that, why giving me an appetizer instead of a great dish.

Len 2. If she was a bad dancer you could use that to cover it up, you don't need to.

Scores 9~8~9 26 total.

"Apolo Anton Ohno 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 09:08 PM
Paso Doble. Her skirt comes off as a cape .

Sounds like a traditional music song.
He is in a yellow shirt with a black bullfighter suit. She is in a black form fitting bodice dress with a yellow underskirt.

Len. It had passion, it had drama. That is a proper dance.

Bruno. That is a champion looking at the finish line and going for the kill

Carrie Ann I had chills that was fabulous.

Scores after the break.

"RE: Apolo Anton Ohno 2"
Posted by whimsey on 05-07-07 at 09:10 PM
Apolo Anton Ohno… take me! Take me now! I’ll be your cape... just let me ...

Sorry. That was a nice performance. <<Whim wipes her brow>>

"RE: Apolo Anton Ohno 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 09:13 PM
Ack.. Going to fast and not getting back under the main post.

Bad Snidget!

They go really fast the second round, there isn't the practice film filler.

Scores. 10~10~10 30 total, was there any doubt.

"RE: Laila Ali 2"
Posted by whimsey on 05-07-07 at 09:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-07 AT 11:07 PM (EST)

Not as good as the first dance. Laila's still a bit cluncky with the feet. She has the unfortunate problem of being judged against the female pros. But, it's not like she'll be hurtin' for votes w/her dad there. Heck, even I was tearing up.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-07-07 at 09:08 PM
Apollo is the one that can't be beaten tonight. That Paso was terrific. Done to "My Darling Clementine". ??? Who'd a thunk?

Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 09:13 PM
Is that what the song was.

It worked really well.

Posted by mysticwolf on 05-08-07 at 01:57 AM
Yep. Took a bit to recognize it through the orchestration, but that's what it was.

It did work well. And, for once, I have to give the band credit. They managed to take an old folk song and make it sound really good. Instead of taking a complex modern (or fairly modern) song and really screw it up. Wonder who did the arrangement. My choir might even like that one the way they did it.

Tribe sent springtime flowers! blogging's scary
Maybe they should try a variation of Kumbaya. Not sure which ballroom dance it would fit, but I'm pretty sure thay'd find one.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 05-08-07 at 00:28 AM
That was profound. I couldn't breathe through the whole thing. Amazing.

"Leader board"
Posted by Snidget on 05-07-07 at 09:15 PM
Combined Scores
Apolo......58
Joey.......55
Laila......53
Ian........47
Billy Ray..38