URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 312
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Sergio Mora On ESPN talks about the verbal war in the Manfredo corner."

Posted by Desire on 05-28-05 at 04:11 AM
Sergio Mora Was a guest host on ESPN Friday Night Fights. He did a great job I might add.

When he was asked what happend with the Manfredos in the corner he tried to change the subject but he was probed and then he came clean.
He said the Manfredos instigated the whole thing from the begining of round one. Most of the blame goes to the second corner man. Sergio said the verbal abuse became worse and worse and he said in his mind.

You know what? Let me shut these people up.
And that is when all hell broke lose. The entire Manfredo Clan got up and began cursing like saliors and then we got the bleep.

He said he should of never bit for that under handed tactic of the Manfredos. (he blames that on the Snake. His alter ego)
SsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSs~

When asked what they were saying he said the flames they were launching were derogatory and very vulgar in nature. When asked what was said he did not want to repeat the words on air. I guess he would of got bleeped.

So.....

Who is the dirty classless team?

Manfredo Jr. should be ashamed of his father and his cousin vinny.

Now we know the truth.

Chicken dirt Manfredos dont have the guts or the decency to apoligize for their actions.

Again I still think Sergio was a fool to say he was sorry.

And this you now know!

The truth shall set you free!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Sergio Mora On ESPN talks about the verbal war in the Manfredo corner."
Posted by Desire on 05-28-05 at 04:32 AM
And for the record. The Snake said he is going after Regis cus he made him look bad on his show and did a Manfredo move on him.
If you missed it. Regis was being a butt clown and was trying to sucker punch Sergio. I might add that Regis the little weasel never watched the Contender but Kelly did. She knew all the Contenders and she praised Sergio for his style and class.

Regis!
The Snake is comming after you. He said he is going to eat your children!

Mua ha ah ahhaahhaaa...

Sergio is evil! LOL He will haunt people in their dreams!

Fear Him! Be very afraid!

Sergio did not say that he was going to eat his children calm down haters. You wish he would of said that.

lol

Posted by Desire on 05-28-05 at 01:52 PM
Sergio also said that he will stick with Mark B.
He said he was putting his faith in him. He is greatful to Sly and Sugar Ray Leonard. Mora went on to say that he was picking their brains as much as he could and when ever he could. Wether they knew it or not.
He showed off a few of his moves and explained why he was unbable to perform some of them due to Peters hugs and grabs.

Sergio said he will fight on the Contender and continue to grow and soon he will be fighting boxers that are ranked in at least the top 10.
That is neither here nor there.
I wish him all the luck in the world.
He is class act and a perfect gentleman.
The host on the show gave Peter round three. He went on to say that he gave Peter round one but that he could of easly taken it away.
I did not see Peter win round one. Besides the cut there was nothing more. A cut does not win a round. If it did I think boxers would come in with razors in their mouth pieces
Sure it helps to cut the other guy but it dont mean you will win.
Sergios cut man did a nice job The blood brought the Demon out of Mora in the 7th That was classic how he tasted his own blood and then went to work on Manfredo.
I hope this kid gets cut more often cus he is vicious. It brings out the killer instinct in him

Posted by Desire on 05-28-05 at 02:15 PM
Sugar Ray Leonard told the Contenders to wear suit jackets to shows and interviews
They look professional and people will respect you more said Sugar Ray.

Sugar Ray said that when he began wearing a jacket to interviews and what not. People took him more serious. And that he had to learn that the hard way.

Great piece of advice from Sugar Ray Leonard.

Sergio looked like a million dollars up there.

Well he looked more like 700 thousand dollars.
*teehee*

Posted by madkata on 05-28-05 at 08:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-05 AT 08:09 PM (EST)

Desire, I'm so glad you posted these (I wasn't gonna respond until you asked in the other post so here I am!)

I wish I could have seen Sergio on camera -- smart, classfilled guy. So happy for him (but hey, I liked Peter too -- it's really hard to root for BOTH men!).

Did anyone notice there was not ONE THING about winning (or losing) The Contender at all Wednesday morning? Or up to now, if the truth be told. Not on the news, on yahoo.com/aol -- not even here on RealityTVWorld.com! What's the deal?!?!?

I think, actually -- THAT THERE IS NO DEAL AT ALL. They probably didn't have a Publicist anymore -- hence no quick Press Release with all the guys' (especially Sergio's) mugs up there.

Unbelieveable. Maybe because there was no other "teaseable info" like there's gonna be more to come, or what have you... but it was COMPLETELY UNFAIR TO THE TOP FOUR FIGHTERS, especially Sergio, that there was absolutely NO PRESS IN THE MAINSTREAM (ESPN and some boxing sites did good).

I never thought I'd say it -- thank god for Kelly Ripa.

Posted by VegasFightWriter on 05-28-05 at 08:31 PM
A large part of that is the way the producers treated the media, denyng even consideration of credential requests to most, and requiring others to sign a completely unacceptable contract that would have essentially handed over copyright of all material to them ("throughout the Universe, in perpetuity," to quote from the contract). As a result, AP didn't attend, the Las Vegas Review-Journal didn't attend, no media attended except MaxBoxing and maybe one or two others,who should all, frankly, be ashamed of themselves for signing that release. (I was there as a guest, not a journalist). If they treat media that arrogantly, then to hell with them.

In addition, other networks simply aren't going to go out of their way to give hard news coverage to what they perceive as another network's reality show.

Posted by madkata on 05-28-05 at 08:37 PM
Understandable about the other networks. But being that "exclusive" about a LIVE FINALE BOUT was just plain dumb, especially with a clause like that!

Mark Burnett did not have his thinking cap on -- this was/is a different monster than his other reality shows! There was A WHOLE WORLD OF BOXING before The Contender -- unlike Survivor or The Apprentice.

That AP wasn't there -- so disappointing. I've read other blogs from AROUND THE WORLD of Contender fans who were watching the whole series and especially the finale -- he just sucker-punched us all.

BTW, any word from the Ishe camp?

Posted by VegasFightWriter on 05-28-05 at 08:45 PM
>Mark Burnett did not have his
>thinking cap on -- this
>was/is a different monster than
>his other reality shows!
>There was A WHOLE WORLD
>OF BOXING before The Contender
>-- unlike Survivor or The
>Apprentice.

Exactly. Well said. Even at the end, they seemed not to grasp the difference, trying to pressure the Nevada commission into only having one physician at ringside, for example, for some obscure reason related to getting a clear shot or something.

>BTW, any word from the Ishe
>camp?

Not really. Spoke to him yesterday, briefly. He's happy with his performance against Bonsante, very happy about working with Joe Goossen, caught by surprise by the press release about July 5, and assuming he's free to carry on with his career while the other four keep fighting each other.

Posted by fashionkrazy on 05-28-05 at 08:54 PM
Eeeeeeeeee!!!
Desire, thank you for posting about Sergio on ESPN!! I missed him on Regis and Kelly and friday night. *weep*

I always knew he's a classy guy and so far no Manfredo fan has written to say otherwise. They are wrong and you are right! I loves it.

Posted by kay_tin on 05-29-05 at 08:16 PM
I became a huge Mora fan during the show and have read but not responded to all the bashing he's taken lately. I was glad to see him win, not only because I thought he was great, but because he was the only undeated Contender contestant, and he did a great job in the final bout.

I was really disappointed that the Today show didn't make any announcements or have any interviews. The only reason I turn on The Early Show on CBS is for the interviews with TAR and Survivor losers. NBC would interview the Apprentice rejects, and yet here as someone who just won $1 million and nothing. I'd be skipping to another network in a heartbeat. I'm really surprised that Burnett didn't have some kind of arrangement with them for Contender.

Am I completely off base? Did someone see Sergio on the Today show?

Thanks for posting the information about his interview, btw.

Posted by VegasFightWriter on 05-30-05 at 06:39 PM
The only reason I can figure for Sergio not being on the "Today" show was that NBC figured that, seeing as they were done with the show, why give it any more free pub? Seems strange, but much about the handling of this show has been strange.

Posted by Lorizh on 05-30-05 at 05:57 PM
Did Sergio really say EXACTLY what you said verbatim, or are you paraphrasing? It doesn't sound like him, usually he's a lot more classy oustide the ring. He really said they were "cursing like sailors?" And called them "under handed?"

Thanks!