URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3116
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AI 10 Top 3 Results ECST"

Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 07:13 PM
Keep the results, filler, pimpage, home town footage edits, etc here until the West Coast Worsters, and/or Team McLaina-ists stop wailing.

Based on way too many facebook pages Haley staying may just cause the whole thing to melt down.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Tonight's suspense levels"
Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 07:35 PM
Scotty first safe: High. Given the probable split in the country vote combined with the Worster push, either Haley or Lauren could be out.

Lauren first safe: None. Haley's out. There's no way she could have overcome Scotty's minions on her own (and Scotty will run away with the season).

Haley first safe: Low. The vote split should favor Scotty by a comfortable margin. There's a chance the divide could have resulted in Lauren having the majority share -- but it's a small one.

"RE: Tonight's suspense levels"
Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:00 PM
Only suspense I have, more votes or less than last week.

How many left Idull for the season, vs voted harder than ever?

"RE: Tonight's suspense levels"
Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:01 PM
Ninety-five million. Take out the twenty-eight by show staffers...

"Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:01 PM
Sometimes it is good to go home.

But not tonight.

95 million says Jimmy Iovine.

"RE: Intro"
Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:03 PM
Well, he's no good at picking songs, so maybe counting is his skill.

"RE: Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:04 PM
Judges walk, Ryan down the stairs of doom, again.

In it 2 win it sign in the audience.
Lots of this season's idols in the audience and getting brief screen time.

over 95 million votes, biggest non finale total.
Remember on Tuesday next week.

These are your top 3.

"RE: AI 10 Top 3 Results ECST"
Posted by vince3 on 05-19-11 at 08:02 PM
95 million and the possibility is there for Haley... or maybe Lauren... or maybe Scotty... to go home...

Iodine predicts: there will be a guy in the Finale...

Posted by vince3 on 05-19-11 at 08:03 PM
Iodine, Iovine... not much difference...

Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:06 PM
Spoken with the bold predictive powers of a man who's seen the totals.

Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:07 PM
Any hope Nigel is punking him?

Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:08 PM
White guy with guitar.

"VIP Screening"
Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:05 PM
With a mission. James part of the crew??

Bad Robot production company, Super 8 scenes.

"RE: VIP Screening"
Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:08 PM
I only know of Super 8 films from Bruce Campbell's autobiography. The preview footage for the movie marks the first time I've seen the actual equipment.

Mr. Abrams is -- not as well-spoken as I would have hoped.

"Super 8 Pimpage"
Posted by vince3 on 05-19-11 at 08:07 PM
Idols got to attend a private, secret screening of Super 8 which has been pimped all week on Fox at 8...

"RE: Super 8 Pimpage"
Posted by vince3 on 05-19-11 at 08:08 PM
This was before we went from Top 4 to Top 3... and they all got semi-retro cameras to film their Hometown visits...

"Haley Hometown visit"
Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:13 PM

"RE: Haley Hometown visit"
Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:17 PM
Thank you for freaking out.
Raining.
Goofing with the Bodyguard.
You're Crazy.
Rain or Shine, baby.
Haley and Folks on Stage.
Thanks for sitting in the rain, you guys are nuts.

"Hometown Visit"
Posted by vince3 on 05-19-11 at 08:17 PM
Haley: Chicago, IL... Cold and she passed by the Limo! *bleep*

Heading to Wheeling, IL. She gets a proclamation, and a crowd... signed a hand and broken finger splint... then went home.

Couple different scenes with the Super 8 camera, then off to Wheeling HS via parade. Concert at a horse race track.

"A third of the way into the show..."
Posted by cahaya on 05-19-11 at 08:21 PM
... and nothing's happened yet.

"A Day at the Beach"
Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:22 PM
"Smile" Vord Fideo.

"Ford Music Video"
Posted by vince3 on 05-19-11 at 08:23 PM
Smile

They got a day at the beach this time... and filmed some of their antics and viewed them in the Ford near the end...

"Italian Group"
Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:23 PM
Il Volo.

"RE: Italian Group"
Posted by Maroonclown on 05-19-11 at 08:26 PM
Il Devo, the Canadian Tenors, etc - all hot young tenors filling the spot of all the yucky old tenors. Although DH seems somewhat taken with them.

Posted by grit on 05-19-11 at 08:28 PM
Even more entertaining than their singing was that blank, confused look on Lauren's face as she watched them perform. You would have thought she was watching aliens land on the AI stage.

Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:28 PM
*happy*

'scuse me. Spending money.

Posted by Maroonclown on 05-19-11 at 08:29 PM
AHA! Just sayin'

Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:38 PM
What? That's the best singing I've heard all season.

Posted by BriarRosie on 05-19-11 at 08:50 PM
Especially that hipster version of Harry Potter with the Sally Jessy Raphael glasses.

Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:52 PM
You get first dibs. I'll take the big guy.

Posted by BriarRosie on 05-19-11 at 08:57 PM
I'm not that fond of the opera pip-squeak or the Joey Lawrence look-a-like. They all look like jail bait more than Scotty.

Posted by Maroonclown on 05-19-11 at 09:13 PM
I continue to add to my Estee-dossier. Be afraid, be very afraid

Posted by cahaya on 05-19-11 at 08:29 PM
I just turned Ill Solo.

"Hometown Visit"
Posted by vince3 on 05-19-11 at 08:35 PM
Scotty's turn, Garner, NC. Radio visit to many screaming girls... with Burnin' Love in the background... Home again. found his bed again, at least for a moment...

HS Visit, and more screaming girls... then a little bit with the baseball team. Overwhelmed after leaving HS. Now we head to that grocery store, where he used to work at one point. Scenes from the parade he got some of which via the Super 8 camera.

His concert appears to be in a park... and he's gonna get a surprise from Josh Turner as he's singing one of his songs... 'Your Man'

"RE: Hometown Visit"
Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:39 PM
'Scotty is Jesus' references seem to have been low. ...oh, look! They found a non-Caucasian fan!

He did seem humbled by the experience. Here's hoping he can hang on to some of that.

Posted by grit on 05-19-11 at 08:41 PM
Wasn't the "God Bless America & God Bless Scotty" sign enough for you?

Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:42 PM
But it wasn't people claiming he personally rewrote the weather!

Posted by Maroonclown on 05-19-11 at 08:40 PM
MC visits the local Target and stocks up on red bedspreads and cushy back supports.

Goodness, wasn't that sweet when he went back to the grocery store. Who didn't want to wrap him in their arms and comfort that little boo-boo?

"Scotty's Hometown Visit"
Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:35 PM
Upbeat music.
Crazy Ride so far.
Someone handed him a Krispy Kreme.
Throws a Pitch at his High School.
Crying.
Lowe's Foods.
Lots of screaming little girls.
Rain holding off for his concert, cloudy.
Josh Turner sneaks up on him.

"Nicole Scherzinger "
Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:36 PM

"Nicole Scherzwinger/50 Cent"
Posted by vince3 on 05-19-11 at 08:37 PM
I think she borrowed some clothing from her time on DWTS...

"RE: Nicole Scherzwinger/50 Cent"
Posted by jayjay1282 on 05-19-11 at 08:40 PM
I was thinking the same thing!! haha!

Posted by cahaya on 05-19-11 at 08:41 PM
After seeing this, maybe Il Volo wasn't so bad after all.

Hey, MC, what did hubby think about this scantily clad hip swinging performance?

Posted by Maroonclown on 05-19-11 at 09:17 PM
Had no idea who the hell she was. Thought she was some European act.
Then he said she was pretty sexy and why can't my own belly-dancing lessons look like that? He's lying dead on the floor now

Posted by vince3 on 05-19-11 at 09:35 PM
Nicole won DWTS a year ago with Derek as her partner...

Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:44 PM
'If they're looking at me, they won't hear the actual quality of my voice.'

Nice theory.

"Hometown Visit"
Posted by vince3 on 05-19-11 at 08:48 PM
Lauren's turn, and besides her hometown visit, she's visiting some of the devastated areas from the storms of a few weeks ago...

and that's because it's where her high school was... visits an 11-year old who rescued his family after the storms.

Chattanooga, TN for her parade and a little happier moment, especially for her concert...

"Lauren's Home Visit."
Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:48 PM
Radio shows.
We're going to jail.
High school, storm clouds gathering.
Touring the tornado damage.
Tyler, hero kid that saved his family.
High and outside.

"RE: Lauren's Home Visit."
Posted by Maroonclown on 05-19-11 at 08:50 PM
Touring the tornado damage - I'm in freakin' tears. Just wanted to share.

But I'm stll a hard #####, y'all. Lauren has got to go.

"RE: Lauren's Home Visit."
Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:50 PM
We're going to jail.

And if her mother takes hostages tonight, that's a preview.

The kid was the highlight.

"Agenda preview?"
Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-11 AT 08:50 PM (EST)

Even with the weather factor, Scotty and Lauren got much longer hometown segments than Haley. Scotty's seemed to run longest of all.

"Results"
Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:49 PM
Way to get Lauren crying before it even starts.

And...after the break.

"Results, finally"
Posted by vince3 on 05-19-11 at 08:50 PM
DIM THE LIGHTS, HERE WE GO!

... and he pulls off the Howie/Biggest Loser/Seacrest play: we'll tell you... after the break!

"RE: Results, finally"
Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:53 PM
I see Ryan found his asshat.

"Dim the lights"
Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:52 PM
First person with a shot is Scotty.

"RE: Dim the lights"
Posted by Snidget on 05-19-11 at 08:53 PM
The person who will compete against Scotty is...

Lauren Alaina.

*click*

Posted by grit on 05-19-11 at 08:54 PM
Haley looked stunned.

I know I was. She's so much better than Lauren.

Posted by cahaya on 05-19-11 at 08:55 PM
*click click*

Funny how sick Lauren looked before that.

Posted by Loree on 05-19-11 at 08:56 PM
The judges got what they wanted. It will be the most boring finale ever.

Posted by cahaya on 05-19-11 at 09:00 PM
In this corner, it's Hotty Scotty! And in the other corner, it's Borin' Lauren!

Posted by Maroonclown on 05-19-11 at 09:09 PM
I'll take Scotty's shot any time! OW! OH! EH! *see maroonclown degrade herself into Andrew Dice Clay land.*

"Results, finally"
Posted by vince3 on 05-19-11 at 08:52 PM
This time for reals: First safe is... SCOTTY!

Posted by vince3 on 05-19-11 at 08:54 PM
... AND GOING AGAINST SCOTTY IS.... LAUREN!

Waiter? Check please!

I'll watch the Final Results show next week but was probably only maybe watch the Performance against DWTS if it was Haley at this point....

Posted by jayjay1282 on 05-19-11 at 08:55 PM
these finals will suck!! won't be watching!

Posted by glazem1 on 05-19-11 at 09:28 PM
I won't watch either. Haley was so much better than Lauren last night, and I truly believe better than Scotty. All the songs he sings sound the same. His demographic once he releases albums will not have nationwide appeal, like Carrie Underwood, neither will Lauren (not a chance against Scotty)
Anyway, this show really s*cks now, as do the judges. I'm truly disappointed in JLo and Steve Tyler.
I won't watch AI again, unless the format changes and the judges get tougher. The Voice is as good or better, and the X-Factor is going to kick AI's a$$!

Posted by zazzy on 05-20-11 at 09:08 AM
Carrie U wasn't Carrie U at first.

What I mean is that she slogged it out. Released the album and then traveled the country to support it. AI/record label paid for a lot of radio play. A lot. Carrie did the country fair thing and opened for other country acts. She lost weight. She transformed.

The heavy airplay worked. Her songs caught on. She had some crossover appeal and she was looking better and better. AI/record label discounted her album at Walmart and it sold really well. Really, really well. The album kept selling and selling. I think the price was down to $6 at some point; it was an easy buy.

And Carrie became Carrie.

Posted by jbug on 05-19-11 at 10:11 PM
DH isn't watching this season;
when I told him the 2 finalists are "country" he said
"tells you what America likes, huh"

Proud to be American & proud to be country (where's my George Strait siggie?)

"No."
Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 10:32 PM
It tells you who's better at getting their dialing parties organized. The sales will tell you what America likes. Y'all can call in five thousand votes each -- but you're only going to buy one release.

"RE: No."
Posted by jbug on 05-20-11 at 09:07 AM
ya'll? you talkin to me?

I never voted even once.
I will never buy even once release.

Posted by Estee on 05-20-11 at 09:46 AM
Then in terms of ultimately determining if this season was a success or not, your opinion doesn't exist.

Posted by Corvis on 05-20-11 at 10:09 AM
Wow, Estee is the determiner of whose opinion exists! Who knew?

This has to be the worst final 2 in the history of the show. I didn't vote either, but my opinion is this season was not a success whatsoever.

"Clarifying."
Posted by Estee on 05-20-11 at 10:24 AM
JBug and her spouse are part of the target market for this finale. They like country music and feel this F2 reflects well on America. Therefore, they are exactly what the show wants right now. But what the show really wants is their after-season dollars. As that designated market, they are the ones who ultimately have the power to determine if it all worked out, because it's their cash that gets channeled into purchasing whatever the winner puts out.

And JBug just said she's not going to buy any releases.

So she can say she and her spouse like this result. She can say it's great for America. But the spending won't reflect that. All she's doing is voting a negative: I approve of your policies, but you'll never see my ballot. The only way that shows up on the bottom line is as Album Not Sold. Claim it's a success -- but not help to make it one. And in that sense, her opinion very literally will not count.

Now let's be fair here: neither does mine.. While I have voted this season just to watch my numbers not matter, I'm very much not the target market for this F2. I could not be less of the target market without departing the nation (and insert your own fervent wishes here). The show does not care what I think of Scotty or Lauren. There are enough people in JBug's segment that it doesn't have to.

But one (or possibly two) in that segment has just said there won't be any money coming. And in the end, the only thing that registers as a Mission Accomplished with a label is dollars. If you truly like a singer, you vote with your purse.

So how many people are in the group which says: 'This is a great thing, but I'm never going to pay for it?' Free broadcast entertainment as long as the network keeps it coming, but not a download or CD to be bothered with?

Isn't that a fun question.

"RE: Clarifying."
Posted by frodis on 05-20-11 at 02:12 PM
I do wonder a bit about AI's target markets. I think they'd like to figure out a way to get some of that disposable income out of the older crowd's pockets without losing their appeal to the rabid voting screaming kids. But I do wonder how much of the older crowd actually buys anything.

For the record, my opinion doesn't count either, because ultimately, while I watch the show and usually have a rooting interest, it has never translated to votes and has only resulted in three downloads, total, over the 10 seasons. So there, AI has managed to squeeze $3 out of me. They can buy another Coke cup with that.

Posted by Estee on 05-20-11 at 02:51 PM
But for the contents of Steven's to be covered, someone will have to go gold.

Posted by zazzy on 05-20-11 at 07:38 PM
Disagree. The big money from this show has been the advertising (tv, web).

They have also sold sponsorships (Coke, Ford, AT&T) but that's also advertising.

They also make $ from the tour.

Yes, they want to share in the post AI success from a monetary standpoint, but they need there to be post AI success because it enhances the luster of AI.

Simon knows how important that is and that's why he's putting out $5M to guarantee that his first X factor winner is a pop culture sensation.

I read somewhere that he's interested in bringing back pop boy groups, because "it's time". So, he likely has the winner already all picked out and the rest is just window dressing to get to his desired result. You know, like AI. And make the people think they picked the winner. And if the people don't pick the right one, like in season 5, he'll just support the one he wanted to win anyway (Daughtery).

Posted by zazzy on 05-20-11 at 10:26 AM
Success?

In AI terms -- ratings were fine and there was a big concern about ratings given Cowell's exit. Despite the complaining about the judges this year, the ratings have held up. That means advertisers were happy and they will keep paying high prices for a spot on the show.

In sponsor's terms, the manufactured "everyone but Haley" at F4 helped turn in high vote numbers last week and this week. AT&T is likely very happy. (and btw, they have a very strong presence in the south).

In getting buzz? Pia's exit helped with that.

Next year they will hype someone from a different genre. R&B maybe? It's been awhile since Ruben. People will tune in again.

Question is, will all the other shows erode AI. Voice, X factor. etc.

ABC is finally doing a weight loss show and an Amazing Race show. Would not surprise me if they cooked up a singing show, too.

I predict Scotty will do well post AI, with an album and being an opening act for some country stars next year. He'll slog it out like Carrie did and in a couple of years he'l be really big.

Lauren? They will keep after her to lose more weight and work on transforming her. I see some mag covers coming and they will manufacture her into a success.

Posted by Estee on 05-20-11 at 01:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-11 AT 01:37 PM (EST)

ABC is finally doing a weight loss show and an Amazing Race show.

???

I really don't want to look at the fall schedule, do I?

I think X-Factor's prize money is the biggest hit to Idol's talent base. If I think I'm that good, do I want to try for the $5,000,000 over five years guarantee, or do I want to be stuck scrapping at a few hundred thousand an album for six releases? Wow, there's a tough call...

Posted by vince3 on 05-20-11 at 01:41 PM
I believe in both cases it's Summer not Fall...

Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition I believe is starting around Memorial Day (either before or after the Bachelorette)

The other one I think is called Expedition: Impossible, Morocco and EPMB is running that ship... not sure what day of the week that will be on...

Posted by Estee on 05-20-11 at 01:52 PM
Please don't make me root for the Rapture.

Not that there's any real point. It's not as if Burnett's going anywhere.

Posted by frodis on 05-20-11 at 01:59 PM
I do wonder about the advertisers. It seems that the lion's share of the advertising is for other FOX shows. Other than the big sponsors (Ford, AT&T, Coke) it seems like FOX's biggest advertiser is FOX itself.

I could be wrong, I usually 30-second-skip through the commercials, but it sure seems like there's a big long other-FOX-show commercial every break.

Posted by zazzy on 05-20-11 at 07:29 PM
One advertiser I remember on AI is Apple. There are also car ads, retail ads for the weekend's sales, etc.

"In five words."
Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 08:54 PM
The Jesus-Off is on.

"RE: In five words."
Posted by BriarRosie on 05-19-11 at 08:56 PM
And Scotty takes the win.

No need to watch next week, is there?

Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 09:20 PM
Honestly? No. I may follow along on the ECST, but I don't think I'll watch the show. (Regional ratings for Tuesday are going to be interesting...)

Posted by Maroonclown on 05-19-11 at 09:22 PM
Ah, come on. You can't stay away.

Posted by Estee on 05-19-11 at 09:26 PM
Mark Burnett would beg to differ.

Posted by csnumber23 on 05-19-11 at 10:09 PM
I won't be watching next week. The final I wanted was Haley and James but I didn't have a problem with Scotty vs either but Lauren?? No thanks, I'll pass on watching that.

Posted by cahaya on 05-19-11 at 08:57 PM
Only if the Jesus-On is off.

The Guy in the Sky announces a temporary delay of the Raptune.

Posted by Maroonclown on 05-19-11 at 09:11 PM
I pegged Scotty (to peg me) from the get-go. Amen, sistah-friend.

Posted by zazzy on 05-19-11 at 11:14 PM
Thanks, Snidget and everyone. I was traveling this wek and ECST really helped.

I didn't tape the results show. Any of it worth watching? And did Haley get a goodbye reel and a sing out?

So, Lauren and Scotty get the cars.

Missing James. He would have made it fun..and more relate-able.

Posted by KeithFan on 05-19-11 at 11:32 PM
After looking for a second like she was going to throw up, Haley pulled it together and probably did the classiest send off song I can remember.

Count me in the non watchers next Tuesday night.

Posted by SpotTheDifference on 05-20-11 at 03:28 AM
Vote Fair had Haley at their #1 spot at well for last week, with Lauren at #3. They're predicting an "embarrassingly low" number of votes for the finale, to which I tend to agree (or at least hope for).

So who's doing next week's ECST if no one's watching?

Posted by Snidget on 05-20-11 at 06:29 AM
Even though I typed *click* I didn't turn off the TV.

Yes she got a full send off reel an sang Benny and the Jets. She actually kinda seemed a bit relieved shortly after the announcement and did a really good job of singing out and seemed to really enjoy herself.

Not much worth watching, although Laurens WTF face with the Italian group singing was a good moment, and if you like watching Nicole wear next to nothing and shake her hips you may enjoy that segment.

The hometown visits were pretty typical. Lots of random screaming and crying people but nothing particularly special.

Posted by realworld10 on 05-20-11 at 08:31 AM
You didn't think the tour of the devastated houses, schools, businesses with the young boy that saved his family was "special"? You didn't think that the surprise by Josh Turner was "special"? Come on - how can you hate these young singers that much? I'm tired of all the hating on these two. They are the final two - they must have done something right.

Posted by KeithFan on 05-20-11 at 08:57 AM
Yes they did something right... but the problem with this show has been and always will be that the "something" isn't singing. Rarely do the best singers make it to the finally, and this joke of a "championship" draws attention to that fact like no other season before.

Posted by realworld10 on 05-20-11 at 09:27 AM
Sure - it is a popularity contest - not just a singing contest - I don't think it is a "joke". It might not be your cup of tea - but apparently a lot of people like them. I haven't always agreed with the results - but I don't downgrade the singers just because they don't sing what I like. It's all in the genre of what people want to hear - this year - it's country - next year - who knows. These kids have appealed to a lot of people and I applaud them for it.

Posted by Estee on 05-20-11 at 09:56 AM
You didn't think the tour of the devastated houses, schools, businesses with the young boy that saved his family was "special"?

And just think about all the help the Idol Gives Back program sent their way!

-- oh, wait.

The tour was a show pimping. And that was it. The surprise -- should I really investigate to see which label Josh Turner is with? How much attention he's getting with Scotty turning into LockThemDoors? As equations go, motivated self-interest=surprise just about every time for this show. It's not as if the mentors show up out of their belief in the contestants -- right, Ms. Crow? By the way, has she finished eating her namesake yet?

I don't hate Scotty. I do despise Lauren. And as Keith noted, all they've done right is appeal to the demographic that the producers want to win over this year. Scotty works well within his range, but that's all he's got. Lauren has the stage presence of a skittish colt who keeps getting kicked by the occupant of the neighboring stall and even less singing ability.

Again, I'm very curious to see the ratings for next Tuesday -- national and broken down state by state. North Caroline may pull eighty percent. Florida, twelve.

Posted by realworld10 on 05-20-11 at 01:27 PM
You "despise" Lauren? I can understand not liking her singing - but to hate on a young girl is a bit much.

Posted by Estee on 05-20-11 at 01:51 PM
Again, we've had some well-sourced reports of her behavior during Hollywood Week. Bigots hiding behind crosses remain bigots -- regardless of their age.

Posted by frodis on 05-20-11 at 02:04 PM
Lauren has had the misfortune of having her typical 16-year-old lack of perspective recorded for posterity. Not that it excuses the comments, but consider the source - at 16 kids think they're wise beyond their years and that their own little world is all that exists.

I know I'm glad that no one recorded my naive dumbass know-it-all self at 16.

Posted by Estee on 05-20-11 at 02:44 PM
Part of the problem is that much of the current culture takes what you say at 16 and tells you to say it again at 25. Only louder.

On the list of unforgivable sins, 'learning' makes the top ten.