URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID114
Thread Number: 31
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Kid Nation Episode #11 East Coast Update Thread "

Posted by Snidget on 11-28-07 at 07:37 PM
Please keep all discussion of the Taming of the Taylor on this thread until it has finished airing on the West Coast.

I'm exhausted so I won't be seg-capping tonight. I'll be lucky to stay awake through the show. Who knew seg-capping the excessive filler of the DWTS finale would be so exhausting.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Kid Nation Episode #11 East Coast Update Thread "
Posted by Puffy on 11-28-07 at 09:48 PM
I guess I'll have to be surprised when I watch it tonight. *tucks Snidget into bed*

©Tribephyl siggie shop, 2006

Posted by Sunny_Bunny on 11-28-07 at 10:06 PM
*tiptoes out of the room*

Posted by geg6 on 11-29-07 at 09:39 AM
Well, we had a momentary turnaround for Taylor. Which lasted about three and a half seconds. I still think she's the biggest snot ever and she could wash every dish on earth and I wouldn't change my mind. I hope she never gets a gold star.

Granted, she makes me laugh. Some of the things that come out of her mouth just crack me up. But that's just because I'm watching her on TV. If I had to deal with her IRL? I'd be in jail for child abuse because I don't think I'd ever stop slapping her.

My boy Jared was also a little brat last night. But, again, hilarious. I loved how he slipped in to play and slipped out before anyone knew.

This current council is terrible. I knew the minute I saw it which reward they would choose and what the fallout from it would be. Waaaaaaaay too much temptation.

The gold star definitely went to the right kid. I hope his family is doing better financially and that he'll be able to use that money for college rather than paying the utilities or whatever they might have needed it for. A very, very good kid.

Next week looks like we get some real fun. Will our new sheriff provide the discipline needed or will the council come back from their trek to the strains of I Shot the Sheriff?

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

Posted by tjcrew on 11-29-07 at 09:44 AM
My favorite line last night was after the whole show was over. I am probably botching it- this isn't it exactly, but as the credits were rolling, Taylor is hugging her chicken. The little blonde girl who follows her everywhere said that the chicken stinks. Taylor said it didn't and blondie replied, "Well, it is either the chicken or your breath".

Posted by brvnkrz on 11-29-07 at 02:02 PM
That comment almost made me pee myself. Too funny.
Lookie what Tribe made me.

Posted by Estee on 11-29-07 at 10:58 AM
Yeah, we pretty much all knew the arcade was trouble when we saw it. (Notice that they got more than what was in the crate?) And the presence of the Gauntlet game might have been a bit of intentional foreshadowing. 'Yellow District Leader -- is about to die.' Too much offered after a long time without: of course everyone was going to overload. Just be glad there was no PS3 in there, or the series would still be filming.

Posted by brvnkrz on 11-29-07 at 02:01 PM
I will once again just ditto Geg.
Lookie what Tribe made me.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 11-29-07 at 10:00 AM
Pushing Daisies was pushed back an hour so I tuned in to this for the first time.

I have to say, without the Brat I would have been totally bored. Good Gosh, she's a nightmare.

I didn't know she was a beauty pageant kid until I read that on here this morning, but highly suspected something like that when she said, and I paraphrase badly "I'm gonna wash those dishes like I wash my hair". *snort

I loved the kid that won the star. Good for him, hope he's getting to save it.

agman lvoes me

Posted by jbug on 11-29-07 at 10:08 AM
I agree with you Geg. Giving in to Taylor is what has made her what she is. She is used to getting her way and manipulating people (IRL her parents - on KN the council).
Granted I do not have children myself - but I worked with children - teaching and in management - for over 20 years. The one thing you do not do? Tell a child he/she will not be allowed to do something and then give in. If there is a chance you'll give in later? Put that condition up at the front. Yes, I know these council are kids and don't understand child behavior and such - they're just doing the best they can. It's her parents or others IRL who have taught her that she can get her way - all she has to do is make them think she has done what they want. She planned all along to only do work when she wanted to and when it would be to her advantage. Gah!!!! I can not stand children like this!

On to other stuff. I've been wondering when we'd see a jail house in Bonanza City. What recourse do the council have if any absolutely refuse to do any work? What recourse do they have if Taylor had gone into the arcade anyway (before getting her reprieve)? What recourse do they have if someone crawls in a window to play before they do their work?
The sheriff and jail had to be coming. Only in a fantasy world would everyone do everthing right and make all the right decisions all the time.

Also just want to mention what a mess the town is in! Not just dirty dishes, but everything! I'm surprised some of the kids did not come down with some disease from what looks like filth to me. I do not want the cameras to show us the inside of the toilets!
Do these kids bathe? Did they heat water to wash dishes?

Merry Kiss-mas with Agman
'Getting older softens you into learning that love, kindness, and forgiveness are far more important than one's opinion.' Sagebrush Dan

"Sophia's my new favorite."
Posted by Estee on 11-29-07 at 10:55 AM
Just sayin'.

Oh, and while we're remotely close to the subject, 'English-Navajo dictionary'? Interesting selection of books in the dry goods store. Although the offered Reward library may have been just a little bit weirder...

I'm all for giving the kids access to graphic novels. The comics in the crate were -- well -- ow...

"RE: Sophia's my new favorite."
Posted by geg6 on 11-29-07 at 03:14 PM
I actually thought Sophia might be related to you.

I'd have been hanging with Sophia in the library, personally. Nothing on earth more boring than an arcade. And before anyone says it, I felt that way when I was 10, too. Books are a gazillion times better.

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

Posted by Sunny_Bunny on 11-29-07 at 11:07 AM
Ringing in with Jbug and Geg.

Taylor said some mighty interesting things last night.

1. She is obviously going to be Survivor's Heidi when she grows up with "Ugly chickens deserve to die" comments. I think we can safely assume she feels the same way about "ugly" girls. LOL

2. I shudder at her comments about reading and learning. I see the 14-17 year old version of that in my classrooms. You know, the students who got passed because they were pretty, friendly, and popular rather than on their academics. - then have to face ME, who won't give in to and thus gets labeled the B**ch teacher because of it. LOL

I've got to say that I feel very sorry for her future boyfriends and husbands. And if I were her mother watching this show with her, I'd sink into my shoes anytime I had to leave the house. On the other hand, her parents are partly responsible for it and may think she's just the most precious princess with "spunk" ever to walk the earth.

I didn't like the reaction when she did all those dishes. She did them only to get the reward, and it would be my guess that this is her normal MO. But for Greg to fall all over her for doing ONE chore, and then carry her to the arcade and over the threshold? ICK!!! Even Ra said to me "what, is he going to bed her when he gets there?" She's 10 for gosh sakes!

Amazing how that arcade completely killed all the industriousness of the town isn't it? Instead of talking till she was blue in the face, Sophia should have left the arcade, made her own breakfast, and gone to her library and read a book. Then, when the town members got hungry and complained about there not being any breakfast, she could have pointed out that she did her chores, and THEN had fun - if they dont work, guess what? After all, isn't that what they did to Taylor?

Yes, the town isn't all that clean, but that is not really all that surprising. American cities were not all that clean before the creation of infrastructures like the department of sanitation. That was one of the biggest problems during the big urbanization periods. But you are right JBug, it's amazing that impetigo isn't running rampant throughout the town.

It will be interesting to see how "the law" will affect the town. Sophia was edited on the "next time" segment to be a tad heavy handed. LOL