URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID104
Thread Number: 31
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"1/25 - Great Expectations episode"

Posted by KwietOne on 01-26-07 at 02:37 AM
Ack! Great ending! We get TWO marriage proposals. One from Burke; the other one from George. I was literally hanging, and then they end it.

Like McDreamy said, the Nazi is back. Izzie's gonna put Denny's money to good use.

Guess the chief won't be retiring any time soon. His wife moved on.

From the previews, looks like Callie says NO???

Got Tribe? I did! Are you on the list?
You do know what they say about the quiet ones, right?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 1/25 - Great Expectations episode"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 01-26-07 at 09:49 AM
Did you love Bailey's face when the Chief said that she'd end up being Chief of Surgery? Basically, she needs to use and abuse the next chief and it will make her the best one. I loved her attitude when she told the surgeons to sign the d@mn papers!!!!

All along I expected that Bailey had thought of Izzie's money, and was a little surprised when she acted surprised. However, I do believe that Izzie is the one who is making Bailey feel more than professional towards patients, that, and that she is a mother.

The runner story line was a little hokey, it didn't serve much of a purpose than to make me cringe when Callie and Christine did the cut down on the leg. They gained respect for each other-but not a friendship. LOL

Of course all the surgeons were vulturing while doing this guy's surgery.

The Amish girl was interesting. Her surgery made George confront his denial of the pain of his father's death and cancer.

Loved how Jilly's mother told Rachel that she turned into a fine young lady and would relay these things back to her mother.

Felt sorry for the chief coming home to another man....but she did warn him, and he took a couple months....how many more years was she suppose to wait??? Glad she found someone to love her.

Someone else, come and rattle my brain......I can't think of all the story lines.

Posted by MKitty on 01-26-07 at 05:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-07 AT 05:52 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-26-07 AT 05:50 PM (EST)

Yup, it was a great episode! (no pun intended )

I felt bad for the chief..."too little too late" I guess..but what a harsh slap in the face that was.

The Amish girl story line was quite moving...and I too, like Aquariaqueen, liked the way the Amish mom spoke to the shunned girl.

But HOLY COW....two marriage proposals?

Let's start with George:

Okay, George is not really in his right mind. People often make weird and rash decisions when they are greiving, and I am sure Callie knows this. I wouldn't take a proposal from him quite seriously either. I would think it was just the grief talking. I just hope he realizes that and doesn't dump her if she says "no". My gawd..they just got back together and have had barely enough time to have a real relationship.

Burke:

This is a bit different..with Burke and Christina. They have been together for a while...living together..seeing each other at their best..AND worst...so this one seems more authentic and not as desperate to me. This is one said for good reasons..not out of grief.

Who knows what either woman will say? Yikes! Neither of them proposed with a ring...what's with that???

Mer/Der...yawn..boooooooooring. However, I did like the line when he said he would always come back..even if they fought. I just find HER so despicable that I have a hard time imagining he would want to be with her (especially over Addison)

Izzy: Yes, please, do something with the damn money. Good choice. NOw get on with your life.

Karev: I like him more every episode. Loved his comeback about the "kiss".

Addison: Still love her...hope she whips the boys butts' and get the Chief job.

Callie: LOVE her...still..always...especially when she is hard and cold..but also when she is confused and lovesick.

Yup..good episode.

Edited for massive typos(curse of speed typing at work on the sly)

"Steamed"
Posted by moonbaby on 01-27-07 at 07:40 PM
when McSteamy said he is going to hang around hoping to be chief. Maybe the chief will come back and McS will go home after all. Yay.

Izzie's money is sure coming in handy, isn't it.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-27-07 at 10:37 PM
Amish Rachel's storyline made me bawl. What's with Grey's, every week I need the Klenex!

Love Derek's line about the "Nazi is back".

I'm starting to wish that when shows have cliffhangers, like the proposals, they wouldn't show ANY previews pertaining to the cliffhanger!

and on a sidenote: why do I feel NO Meridith hate like the majority on here seem to feel. I really like her. In fact there's not one character on this show that I don't love. Which is way unusual for me.

"*raises hand*"
Posted by Breezy on 01-29-07 at 07:49 AM
I like Meridith. Like you, I love all the characters. Alex is making a run for my favorite right now. I loved his scene with Addison in the closet.

Posted by CTgirl on 01-29-07 at 08:37 AM
I like all the characters, including Meredith, but the show is best when it's a true ensemble and not focusing on her. My favs are Bailey and Addison (which is funny since I hated her when she first arrived!). Of they guys, Alex's character has the most depth.

Posted by MKitty on 02-01-07 at 02:02 PM
I agree with you..it is the BEST when it is a true ensemble..not just focussing on one or two characters.

I can't wait to see what happens tonight...all the teasers out on TV right now..yikes!

Posted by HobbsofMI on 02-01-07 at 03:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-01-07 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

I've been trying to avoid the TV so I don't see previews....I even cut my DVR off before they showed it after last weeks show.

My fav is George and Baily...but the rest are not to far behind....Meridth and Derek are not bad but their story line is just dragging and boring at times (two shows on her snoring?)

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat