URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3096
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AI 10 Top 6 Results ECST"

Posted by Snidget on 04-28-11 at 06:47 PM
Who will stay and who will go. Keep all results and filler here until the show has aired on the West Coast.

I've got a class thing again this week and I may be done near the end of the show, or not. So any info posted by anyone would be great!!!

Thanks.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: AI 10 Top 6 Results ECST"
Posted by vince3 on 04-28-11 at 06:58 PM
I should be able to help out some.

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 07:04 PM
I posted on the will go/should go thread that there's speculation around the web that AI could not have anyone go home this week due to weaker voter support as a result of the tremendous storms in the south last night.

The storms bumped prime time programming off the air, or created power outages across states, and caused devastation in many cities and towns.

So what will happen tonight?

A big surprise that no one goes home after telling us who the b3 or b2 are?

If someone is definitely going home what game does Ryan play?

Will we see two groups of three?

Or three groups of two?

Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 07:15 PM
I say:

Someone goes home. The show has had voting problems in selected areas before this and reacted with fingers into ears and a chant of 'La la la, we're rich and we don't care.'

Given that -- three groups of two.

Posted by cahaya on 04-28-11 at 07:22 PM
Sure, blame the weather! In any case, AI's barometer will continue to keep falling.

"BIG Intro!"
Posted by vince3 on 04-28-11 at 08:02 PM
You love them, and they perform their hearts out for you every week... but still someone MUST go home this week...

THIS! IS AMERICAN IDOL!

Judges walk in from behind the stage monitor, and Ryan down the steps of DOOM...

"Top 6 arrive"
Posted by vince3 on 04-28-11 at 08:04 PM
A lot of people will be disappointed this week?

They come in through the stage monitor...

Steven Tyler's the Man of the Hour tonight? Oh, he's on the cover of both Rolling Stone and People this week...

"RE: Top 6 arrive"
Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 08:12 PM
A lot of people will be disappointed this week?

Given the fanbase for each of the remaining six, that could be said for pretty much everybody. I'll try not to get my hopes up.

Steven on the cover of Rolling Stone? I'll guess the article with exerts from Kara's expose book gets no mentions whatsoever.

Posted by grit on 04-28-11 at 08:06 PM
They're at the British Consulate. Scotty - of all people - does a smashing British accent!

Posted by vince3 on 04-28-11 at 08:06 PM
Bruno Mars and Crystal Bowersox are musical guests...

This was technically also Brit Week for the Royal Wedding, and they paid a visit to England to take in some sights... including a stop at the British Consulate for pre-wedding festivities...

Carole King medley..

"Universal British reaction."
Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 08:10 PM
"Who are these twits?"

Posted by grit on 04-28-11 at 08:11 PM
Carole King medley:

Kind of corny.

I don't think Jason wasn't very good at all.

And, personally, I think that Lauren looked weak compared to Haley when they sang together.

And I know I'll catch grief from the rest of y'all but James wasn't that good either. He's a flamboyant performer and he relies on the screaming. When he can't do that, his voice isn't all that great and he has trouble staying in tune.

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 08:40 PM
Totally disagree-especially the part where he stood up on the steps and sang his line.

Are we listening to the same show?

Posted by cahaya on 04-28-11 at 09:07 PM
Well, for sure, we are watching the same show.

Posted by Snidget on 04-28-11 at 09:30 PM
Everyone in neutrals (black white tan) except for Hayley, she never gets the fashion memo for results night does she?

"Ford Music Video"
Posted by vince3 on 04-28-11 at 08:14 PM
Our House

"Crystal Bowersox"
Posted by vince3 on 04-28-11 at 08:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 08:16 PM (EST)

Riding With the Radio

"RE: Crystal Bowersox"
Posted by grit on 04-28-11 at 08:19 PM
Very interesting that Ryan didn't talk with her after her performance. He usually gives them a chance to pimp their current albums and projects.

Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 08:25 PM
The title of her next release is It Gets Better?

Posted by Snidget on 04-28-11 at 09:33 PM
The return of the bong mic stand!!!

"Crystal"
Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 08:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 08:25 PM (EST)

Looks physically ill. There's something off about her eyes tonight, and there wasn't enough makeup to hide the shadows. She's always had severe ups and downs with her diabetes: this might not have been the best night to go on.

"RE: Crystal"
Posted by cahaya on 04-28-11 at 08:20 PM
Even so, I'm reminded why I liked her so much. Nice set there with the laptop slide, harmonica, electric bass and organ supporting her with her playing the acoustic. I liked the performance.

Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 08:24 PM
I had no problems with her performance -- it's just that with Crystal, no matter what my ears are doing, half an eye is looking for the doctors in the wings.

Posted by cahaya on 04-28-11 at 08:39 PM
Yeah, you're right in that it looks like she is rolling saving throws against going to Rock Star Heaven. She looked as fragile as ever tonight as she did before, if not more.

"Questions for the Top 6"
Posted by vince3 on 04-28-11 at 08:27 PM
Tour pimpage, tickets go on sale May 11th...

Casey, who would you want to duet with? Oscar Petterson, anything...

Jacob, when did you discover your voice's range? About 6 or so in choir...

Lauren, what's the hardest thing about being an Idol finalist? Missing friends/family... had to call to see if family was OK from the storms...

Scott, did you ever had a pre-Idol job? Grocery store and working the counter at mom's tanning salon...

James, did you play in a band before Idol? Yes, few different projects, including a band of Idol finalists during the show...

Hayley, who is your favorite past Idol contestant? So many favorites... but Adam and Kelly and Lee... Crystal, too... Ryan prods for Taylor love.

"Note to theologians."
Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 08:31 PM
According to Steven, deities growl a lot.

"Who's Safe Part 1"
Posted by vince3 on 04-28-11 at 08:36 PM
Everyone's gonna be pulled out one at a time, with lotsa filler...

Hayley's up first. After lotsa blabbering, including her being silenced coming out of the taped portion... she's SAFE!

Scotty's up next. He's left hanging...

Lauren's up next. She's also left hanging...

Casey to center stage... Also left hanging...

"RE: Who's Safe Part 1"
Posted by cahaya on 04-28-11 at 08:40 PM
We're going to need a closet for all those hangers.

He'll be up soon.

"RE: Who's Safe Part 1"
Posted by grit on 04-28-11 at 08:41 PM
Jimmy predicted that Lauren is here for the long run and Casey will be safe. Which means one of them is probably going home tonight.

Jimmy doesn't seem to be all that hopeful about the four people we've seen so far - Haley doesn't know what kind of singer she is, Scotty's in jeopardy because of his subtlety, Lauren only hears the negative in the critiques, Casey growls and the family dog isn't voting.

"Results: Ryan Is A Jerk Edition."
Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 08:38 PM
Anyone else getting the feeling of a show that was really short on filler?

"RE: Results: Ryan Is A Jerk Edition."
Posted by cahaya on 04-28-11 at 08:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 08:46 PM (EST)

Well, we're 41 minutes in at this point, so at least 2/3 has gone by, but I don't think we're expecting another live performance.

(eta) Oh, ok, we get Bruno Mars as filler.

"Who's Safe Part 2"
Posted by vince3 on 04-28-11 at 08:44 PM
James... will he get an answer right away? He's SAFE!

Jacob's turn... I like that the mentor thought he went to the wrong studio... banana peel status... Scott, Casey, Lauren also join him at center stage... and Lauren's SAFE!!!

Jacob, Casey, and Scotty are the Bottom 3.

"RE: Who's Safe Part 2"
Posted by cahaya on 04-28-11 at 08:46 PM
Spot on with that comment about the wrong dressing room, too.

Uh, oh, Scotty looks for his horse, even if he's surely safe.

Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 08:49 PM
Yes, but what was Jacob's actual dressing room for?

Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 08:48 PM
Designated Shocker would be Scotty. Casey's riding on fumes and Worsters, while Jacob's been waiting for the church bells to toll for weeks. But Scotty could be blamed on the weather... and if he goes out, that'll be the conspiracy theory for Friday.

"Bruno Mars"
Posted by vince3 on 04-28-11 at 08:49 PM
*shrug* Anyone know the title to that song?

"RE: Bruno Mars"
Posted by vince3 on 04-28-11 at 08:50 PM
Maybe it was called Not Doing Anything? I dunno.

Posted by cahaya on 04-28-11 at 08:54 PM
You almost got it.

The Lazy Song.

Posted by cahaya on 04-28-11 at 08:56 PM
Much better than I had feared. There was some actual song and music in that performance! Don't think I'd buy any of his singles, but he might make a good concert see.

Posted by byoffer on 04-28-11 at 09:00 PM
yes, I quite enjoyed that song.

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 09:12 PM
When he sang the line "hand down my pants", I FF the rest of the song.

"So who were the actual B3?"
Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 08:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 09:01 PM (EST)

Because Ryan threw in that 'results are in random order' as if he was almost praying no one would catch it.

"RE: So who were the actual B3?"
Posted by grit on 04-28-11 at 09:01 PM
Well, with only 6 people, bottom 3 kinda loses it's punch a little bit. It's like the Ometepe's...

Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 09:06 PM
In this case, it matters because the show deliberately left Scotty standing dead-center. I think they're trying to terrify his fanbase.

Oh, and in retrospect-math, The Mentor Of Doom just called the Worsters family dogs.

Posted by zazzy on 04-29-11 at 10:25 AM
Yes, there are people on other boards who totally missed Ryan's saying that the information was random last night.

AI got what it wanted--the impression that Scotty was at risk. Fan base fortifying afoot!

Posted by cahaya on 04-28-11 at 09:02 PM
Good question, because although the calling order was random, with some sent back hanging, there was still a scripted order of who was on the bubble. I find it harder to believe that Scotty is in the bottom two than Jacob somehow making it.

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 09:18 PM
We have no idea who the B3 is for top 6 week. Once again, Ryan did not mention the number of votes. He seems to skip it every other week.

So, who do the Casey voters move on to vote for?

I'll guess that VFTW picks Jacob; but other than that would the Casey voters support his gf Haley? Or do they move on to another guy? Or stop voting?

Posted by cahaya on 04-28-11 at 09:20 PM
As a Casey fan, more interested in the rock, blues, and jazz mix he put together, I'd lean toward James or Scotty. I don't consider Haylay a bonafide blues singer.

"Red Light of DOOM!!!"
Posted by vince3 on 04-28-11 at 09:00 PM
Results in random order tonight...

Jacob... You're SAFE!

The person that is toast is... CASEY ABRAMS! Scotty's safe!

VFTW needs to pick a new champion...

Video montage again to Don't You Forget About Me... including the use of the Judges Save early on...

He sings us out with I Put A Spell on You... and heads straight to the Judge's Table to get congratulated by them and then starts kissing Finalist's family members in the audience before heading briefly back on stage and going back to his own family it appears... and then heading to Hayley.

"Boo! Hiss!"
Posted by cahaya on 04-28-11 at 09:04 PM
And not because VFTW lost their idol.

Who the heck voted for Jacob last night?

Well... I see a bright future for Casey. I'd like to see some of his future vids -- and if he's ever in town, I'd seriously consider going to see him perform.

"Bum's rush."
Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 09:04 PM
Ryan wanted Casey out the door and he wanted him gone now.

"RE: Bum's rush."
Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 09:21 PM
What made you say that?

"RE: Bum's rush."
Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 09:44 PM
The fast-forward tactic he used when getting through the three at center stage.

"RE: Red Light of DOOM!!!"
Posted by byoffer on 04-28-11 at 09:07 PM
I am surprised it wasn't Jacob, but since he was the obvious target then maybe his fans voted hard.

Of the other 5, Casey was as vulnerable as any. I did enjoy his performances, and got a kick out of his Oscar Peterson response.

Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 09:14 PM
Or there's the other favorite theory, which goes 'Votes? Count? Hehehehe...'

I would like to see some kind of breakdown for Jacob's fanbase. And possibly a few badly-forged Hawaiian birth certificates.

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 09:15 PM
Once again, the "save" only goes so far. They got what they needed from Casey.

Who's voting for Jacob? Th R&B and diva lovin' crowds. He may crack the top 4 yet.

Posted by Max Headroom on 04-29-11 at 07:46 AM
*shakes head sadly*

In addition to one of my favorites going home, I'm stuck watching Jacob at least one more time. Oh well, that's why the TiVo has a fast-forward button.

"Thanks..."
Posted by cahaya on 04-28-11 at 09:18 PM
vince, for the play-by-play!

"RE: Thanks..."
Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 09:20 PM
I'll second that and also say thanks to Snidget for last night's play by play. Both of you do a great job! Thanks!

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 09:42 PM
Very interesting about the top 5:

"The Idol contract pays the artists from $1,011 for a one-hour show to $1,540 for a two-hour episode, meaning that a Top 5 contestant is likely to earn close to $10,000 in performance fees over the season: not a fortune, but with 20 million people viewing each week, it is a start.

The remaining Top 5 finalists each received $50,000 from Disney World for their participation in the Idol Experience attraction."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/24/arts/television/24idol.html

Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 09:46 PM
I may have to stop calling NBC the cheapest network.

But I won't.