URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3094
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AI 10 Top 6 Performance ECST"

Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 06:30 PM
Please keep all discussion of tonight's songs, single or duets, either sung or written by Carole King on this thread until the West Coast feels the earth move under their feet.

Programming note, thunderstorms (as I post this a tornado was seen on the Doppler radar) in the area so I can't promise I will be allowed to watch network TV tonight. Waiting for the day we get a 24/7 weather channel on cable, second channels for the broadcast networks I can get on antenna that they use just for 24/7 news or a local cable 24/7 news station to warn us about weather. If only they could text warnings to my phone or invent radios that pick up warnings from the National Weather Service, or loud sirens they could put up that could alert people of danger. One day there will be something other than complete suspension of prime time to warn people. Maybe even a banner on the bottom of the screen that has information and a radar picture.

One day.

Maybe in the future we will be able to find out about storms on our own, maybe even on the internet at 450 different dedicated weather sites.

I don't know why the meteorologists work so hard to make sure no one knows when the weather will be dangerous and the only salvation is the local network news peeps. Only they care enough to save lives and if it weren't for them no one could ever know what the weather is. I mean it isn't like people can look out the window and see danger coming their way.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Recent Tweets."
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 06:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-11 AT 06:58 PM (EST)

JLuskAI10 Jacob Lusk
Thank you all for your support! Tonight is the night....WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

JDurbinAI10 James Durbin
As always, im excited about tonight! Tonights about soliciting new fans. I hope you, your mom, dad, & grandparents enjoy this!

CAbramsAI10 Casey Abrams
Twinkie shake! @HReinhartAI10 tweeted pic link

LAlainaAI10 Lauren Alaina
Just left england with everyone (: had a blast!

SMcCreeryAI10 Scotty McCreery
Just left England with the crew! Had a good time at Brit Week with @dizzyfeet

"RE: Recent Tweets."
Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 06:52 PM
"Twinkie shake"?

Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 07:00 PM
Milk shake with a Hostess Twinkie in it. (make the link clickable).

What else could it mean? *bats eyes innocently*

Posted by vince3 on 04-27-11 at 07:05 PM
I've seen worse desserts... For example, did you know that as part of their bacon special they were running, Denny's had a sundae/dessert that included bacon?

Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 07:09 PM
Thanks for bringing that up. I'd just about erased that information from my brain.

Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 07:05 PM
It means Casey just lost two million frau votes.

"RE: AI 10 Top 6 Performance ECST"
Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 06:45 PM
The ability to recognize the truth while it's in the middle of happening to you is becoming desperately rare.

Tonight's good news: one song per contestant.

Tonight's expected news: which means lots of filler.

Tomorrow's potential horror show: Jennifer trots out another recorded performance which will be forced upon as 'live'. The current weather forecast predicts we may be able to make out as many as three words. (Two if they're long.)

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 08:32 PM
Tonight's expected news: which means lots of filler.

I read somewhere (was it MJ's blog?) that they were doing three duets along with the solos, and now the first one with Hayley and Casey confirms that tip.

Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 07:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-11 AT 07:57 PM (EST)

Poor Fox guys, looks like we may get a break and right now they are depressed to be going to the network feed of idol at 8 pm, but things may look up and they'll get to repeat themselves endlessly for the next several hours.

ETA: They actually are admitting they have a second digital channel that they can use to stay all weather since the cells are leaving them high and dry. They seem so surprised and even tried to figure out what cable channel it is on. *boggle*

I'm sure CBS will find a way to stay off the air.

"Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:01 PM
We've chosen the best in the nation, well other than Pia that we sent home.

This.......is. AmericanIdol.

"RE: Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:02 PM
Ryan trying to rev up the crowd.

Theme is Carole King, taped segment.

"RE: Intro"
Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 08:07 PM
Carole King = significant musical credibility.

Six best left = no credibility whatsoever.

Idiot with 'I'm here' sign in audience = would need to reach up just to hit zero.

"That's odd."
Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 08:02 PM
I have this sudden desire to stuff Jacob into a locker.

"RE: That's odd."
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:04 PM
It took you this long?

"Mentor"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:06 PM
Babyface helping Jimmy Iovine this week.

"Jacob Lusk"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:07 PM
Judges want him to soar and riff.

Oh No Not My Baby.

65 takes to kill him.

"RE: Jacob Lusk"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-11 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

Who styled him this week? Urkel??

Is this his audition for the Boy's School Choir on Glee. That is what the moves remind me of.

S. About time you shook your tail feathers. Beautiful. When you strut that is the magic

J. Tricky song. Had a little bit spaces where not perfect, you bringing that performance and killed it.

R. Couple spots sharp, you brought yourself back and you sang, the scatting was incredible. You are a great singer.

Ryan fixes his tie for him. He's so macho and straight when he does that.

Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 08:12 PM
I thought Pee Wee Herman was his stylist, but Urkel works for me, too. I didn't like the song or the way he sang it.

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 11:02 AM
OK, Ryan acknowledges that Jacob was nearly booted last week....so the producers put him firs this week to finish him off? Or is it that he got the duet pimp spot that is supposed to help him?

I think his apparel, like Randy's sweater, is supposed to be preppy. Not sure why Jacob chose what he did, but it was a change up from the shiny suit he's been wearing many weeks.

Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 08:12 PM
Dear gawds. I think that may be the ugliest suit in the history of the show Internet humanity universe. And he's trying to make it move across his body in unnatural ways. Dancing like he's stereotypically white. And nerdy. And named Elaine.

Randy is praising him. There is no script that can make that into a sensible action. The judges are being paid to praise everything that pierces their eardrums and the money forms a protective barrier against reality.

The suit has scroll lines. It's moving up and down on the screen. It wants us all to change the channel.

We already heard the last of the show's credibility being flushed down the toilet. Now the toilet has managed to flush itself. How does that even work?

...I so wish I drank.

Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 08:14 PM
But he was put into the anti-Pimp Spot tonight. Doesn't that mean the show wants him gone?

I know I wanted him gone.

Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 08:17 PM
One of the only possible explanations for that suit is Jacob wanting himself gone. (The color-blind theory went out the window a few weeks back.)

Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:16 PM
Thanks for the reminder, picked up some beer, should some in the fridge.

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-27-11 at 08:37 PM
Totally barfy.

You should pour yourself just a little booze. Really. Just a tidge. Come to the dark side.

Posted by Tahj on 04-27-11 at 11:24 PM
Hated it.

Dear God,

Since Jacob credits you with his talent, please do him a favor (and us) and get him the f**k outta here!

It's a Tribe!

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 08:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-11 AT 11:27 PM (EST)

Jacob comes on stage with yellow shoes, yellow shirt, blue vest, purple tie, black/grey & white coat and blue jeans, and you have to wonder whether wardrobe took it a little bit too far when they were told to add some color to this guy's outfit. As far as the performance went, it was rather lively but with all the background music and chorals, he didn't have the opportunity to show off his solo voice much in this piece. As a whole, outfit included, it didn't really work for me, and I share Randy's cautious (possibly futile) hope that Jacob is going to get the votes. This isn't the performance that will get Jacob out of the basement.

Posted by Loree on 04-27-11 at 09:47 PM
Isn't he gone yet?

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 09:51 PM
In 24 hours, most assuredly!

"I think we're alone now."
Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 08:14 PM
People may have survived that, but their fingers aren't going to be operational until Friday.

"Lauren Alaina"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:18 PM
"Where You Lead"

Miley comes in to give her some advice.

"Autotune density collapse."
Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 08:23 PM
Sadly, the black hole created by having Miley and Lauren in the same room did not take out TMOD. But then, what can?

So Wardrobe is finally starting to figure her out -- which means the makeup & hair division just lost it. Apparently full-body competence is not permitted on this show. And everyone keeps overlooking the earrings, which is becoming really difficult to do.

I should probably pay attention to the song now --

*zzzzzz*

-- oh, the judges are spouting praise. They get paid for that, y'know. And nothing else.

So. When does that NBC rerun start again?

"RE: Autotune density collapse."
Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 08:24 PM
I really enjoyed The Voice.

Much more than I usually enjoy Idol. I don't think I'd enjoy Idol nearly as much without the snarking.

Posted by Loree on 04-27-11 at 09:52 PM
Yes. I would rather watch The Voice. I enjoyed their mentors more than these judges. I am bored with the cheerleading that all these judges do.

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 11:04 AM
It will be fun to watch AI respond to the competition.

It looked like last night the judges had sheets in front of them with pictures of each contestant, and some writing. Is production trying to improve the quality of judging?

"RE: Lauren Alaina"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:23 PM
What are those things hanging from her ears.

Who is that guy she just plucked out of the audience and sat on stage?

J. I'm so proud of you. I felt you pushing and those barriers are hard to break. We want you to be better you only take the negative in sometimes. I heard your voice crack, she's pushing.

R. Sometimes she came out with a little extra swagger. 6 of you left, time to throw down the gauntlet. Safe and boring, but you came with a vengeance and made it into something more. Need to do it for you. We are looking for someone ready to win and go hard for it.

S. I saw you shine when your voice broke that is when you shine. Don't let it in there, keep breaking like that it shows the character in your voice.

Ryan brings the guy on stage, explains jail bait to him.

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 08:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-11 AT 08:29 PM (EST)

Lauren comes out and tries to give a pop star concert performance and didn't quite shine at it. Her vocals were ok, easy enough on the ears and she appears fairly attractive. But getting that dork on stage with her and then circling around the judges and then finishing out the song sitting next to the dork isn't what America is looking to vote for. What few lady-vote male voters there are out there will switch to Hayley if she can woo them over. And girls don't like other girls already happy with their b/f. As a whole, a typical and almost already forgotten Lauren performance that was par for her course.

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 11:08 AM
Lauren has not blossomed the way they may have intended. She still seems shaky.

Their photographs have her in the center next to Scotty, her duets are with Scotty, but her solos don't seem to be giving her "a moment".

She may be signed to a contract so they can milk the fans. Does anyone think she is going to be big, like Miley? And have her own TV show?

"Where are my hot plate trivets?"
Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 08:19 PM
Damn. Someone took them and made earrings for Lauren.

"One more question..."
Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 08:23 PM
Is Randy the new Laverne? Or did he just make the varsity team?

"RE: One more question..."
Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 08:25 PM
The International Lying Svck-Up League likes to recognize the top tier.

"RE: One more question..."
Posted by mindy23 on 04-28-11 at 10:38 AM
Penny Marshall is sitting right behind him, wearing sunglasses, so maybe he's trying to impress???

"RE: Where are my hot plate trivets?"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:26 PM
I was worried they were something she took from her first lady bits check up as a souvenir.

"RE: Where are my hot plate trivets?"
Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 08:29 PM
I'm really glad I didn't have anything to drink while I read your response. Or I'd be spraying it on my monitor. *snort*

"Duet 1: Hayley and Casey"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:29 PM
"I Feel The Earth Move"

"RE: Duet 1: Hayley and Casey"
Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 08:31 PM
It's good, but I'm ready for some insulin. It's like the new millennium version of Sonny and Cher. But better singing and more growling.

Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:33 PM
They like growling together.

They do sing well together. I like their duets better than their individual performances.

S. Weird beard, how much are you in love with Hayley. Will speak for everyone, really good. Pulling in tight gotta matter what you do. That rhythm thing. Hayley, gorgeous.

Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 08:35 PM
Maybe they'll get married and have little growling bearded children. VFTW: The Second Generation.

This will cost both of them votes. You don't tell your fantasy lovers that you're taken.

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 08:50 PM
Reminds me of that credit card commercial with the bumbling Vikings using up their rewards flight miles.

Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 08:36 PM
I agree that they would do MUCH better as a duet team instead of solo careers. I thought it was hilarious that Steven put Casey on the spot about how much he loved Haley.

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 08:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-11 AT 08:49 PM (EST)

Even while they were on stage, they were constantly going their own ways. Didn't see or feel the chemistry good duets have.

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 08:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-11 AT 08:36 PM (EST)

Yikes, one of my favorite songs, and it's not the right song for a duet between Hayley and Casey, even with the growling they both like to do. Either one could have done it solo, but they're like a pair of mismatched socks. I didn't feel anything move. Thumbs down on this one.

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-27-11 at 08:38 PM
Hayley gobbled Casey up. Just sayin'

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 11:10 AM
Yes~!

Posted by Loree on 04-27-11 at 09:58 PM
I liked Haley's half of the song. Casey ruined it for me.

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 11:10 AM
Haley had it all over Casey on this one. She mopped the floor with him.

"Scotty McCreery"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:38 PM
"You've Gotta Friend"

"RE: Scotty McCreery"
Posted by Maroonclown on 04-27-11 at 08:39 PM
*thud*

Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 08:41 PM
Save me space on the fainting couch.

Damn. That was beautiful. And he got that awesome heavenly fog and mood lighting, too.

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-27-11 at 08:43 PM
I love him. But not in that inappropriate, he's not legal yet, way. *snarf* Who the hell am I kidding?

Is he 18 yet? Just sayin' is all.

Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 08:46 PM
That's tonight's second lesson about jail bait.

Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 08:42 PM
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BrownNote

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 08:45 PM
In boxing terms, the Rope-a-Trope!

With the upper cut.

Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:43 PM
Sitting on the stairs, added to the stage for him to sit on, not the usual stairs.

How is it he can turn anything into a stalking song?

Has strings for the instrumentals.

R. Yo. Alright. So Scotty. Dude you know what was really cool. Turn the other cheek. The beginning was flawless, buttery tenor. I've never heard you sing in that tone, didn't know you had that range. Don't fall off the high notes so rough. Other than that flaw it was flawless, in it to win it.

S. You were at the top of your register, if you listen to all the comments, find that song that shows all of you off. Front was beautiful.

J. When we hear you sing a song like that, we can't let you get away with what you did last week. Reaching for the higher register, great to see you doing that. The strength is in the story telling. Told that story beautifully.

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-27-11 at 08:45 PM
OMH! On the stairs, Ryan gets him to stare into the camera. He's such a lttle card! HE'S ADORABLE.

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 08:47 PM
Considering the song and lyrics, a fine (and even a privileged) arrangement for Scotty. He does well in this setting, taming down his expressions compared to previous weeks and is vocally good as ever except for the high note sustains (which it's clear he's experimenting with). This was another side to Scotty well worth watching and listening to. Thumbs up.

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 11:12 AM
Who gets the most well known song and who sings the obscure song?

Scotty did well on this one and may have cemented the win with it because non country fans of the song may be pulled into the Scotty orbit with this one.

"James Durbin"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:49 PM
Gets the Coke Interview.

"Will You Still Love Me, Tomorrow". Requested on the forums. Ryan pimps the website.

"RE: James Durbin"
Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 08:50 PM
I'm glad you mentioned Ryan's douchbaggery moment. I certainly wasn't going to let that one slip by unnoticed.

Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 08:56 PM
Playing Guitar. Plays one chord then goes A Capella for the first verse.

Did he blow out the microphone on that last scream, weird glitch in the audio.

J Lo was rocking out and clapping a lot at the end.

S. Do you hear that. Carole King wrote so many, had me sold at the beginning. You broke into the rock part, took awhile to like. First song he made out to a girl with.

J. I thought it was magical.I have to say you have me moving for the first time. The star of the night. I have to say James has a strong week every week. Consistency will win it.

R. Who is in it to win it. You turned the other cheek. You proved you are a great singer. One of the performances of the last couple of months. He might win the whole thing.

Ryan makes James and Randy hug.

Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 08:57 PM
I thought he did well, but did he really deserve the tongue bath from the judges? Really?

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 09:00 PM
My guess is the sound man slid the mike's audio volume down by half just to keep the building's windows intact.

Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 08:57 PM
Received via text: What made you think I ever loved you in the first place?

Every so often, Idol has one of those nights where I hate everything and everyone. This is going to be one of them.

Posted by zazzy on 04-27-11 at 11:07 PM
Every so often? *blink*

Posted by Estee on 04-28-11 at 07:07 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 12:09 PM (EST)

The show isn't on twenty-four/seven.

The last major hate night was two seasons ago, and Adam almost saved it. But Adam's a self-imposed joke now, and this year's crop is happily skipping down his path.

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 11:30 AM
Just when I think I've figured you out..... ;)

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 08:58 PM
Masterful performance by James with this song. Touching solo vocal intro to start with, picking up into a rock song playing the electric guitar. Although he was barely moving in rhythm at the mike, softly switching between a few chords, his voice and performance had a hidden, yet quite visible and audible, intensity to it. At this point, I'd say he would be the favorite to win this season, given his versatility and intensity.

Posted by Tahj on 04-27-11 at 11:15 PM
Absolutely agree. I've thought from the beginning that he's gonna win it. Scotty is really the only one who can challenge him and I predict they will be the final two.

James reminds me a lot of Adam Lambert with his voice quality and creativity with the arrangements and stage production. At the same time, they are very, very different.
Love him. Absolutely love him.

It's a Tribe!

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 11:18 AM
Agree with most of your comments. Hope that James picked up some new fans with this one. James is more versatile than Scotty. I feel like James has been holding back and has had the potential for a David Cook or Kris Allen type of "moment" and production has been keeping him on a different path.

Maybe James is the growth story of the season? Don't know. Except I like him and he is so personable to boot. AI liked him from the start, with uber pimpage from the audition on. He has more range than anyone left.

But when they have Scotty on in the same season, I don't see James winning. They would make an opposite F2...choir boy country boy Scotty vs hard rocker James.

Scotty would win that match up imo. Maybe that's the plan. Scotty as the poster boy winner and James as the alternate.

"I finally figured it out."
Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 08:52 PM
Lauren stole James' ear glow covers.

"RE: I finally figured it out."
Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 08:53 PM
*snort*

"RE: I finally figured it out."
Posted by Maroonclown on 04-27-11 at 09:15 PM
Pfffftt. Too funny

"Duet 2. Lauren and Scotty"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 09:02 PM
Ryan trying to hook them up.

"Up On The Roof"

"RE: Duet 2. Lauren and Scotty"
Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 09:04 PM
That was cute. And you know Scotty was clearly not interested in Lauren. LOL.

Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 09:04 PM
Sitting on the stairs at the edge of the stage.

Slowed down country-fried version.

J. Lauren you sing your brains off. Beautiful, really talent to sing second voice behind someone like that.

Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 09:05 PM
*push*

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 09:33 PM
*thud*... *thud*

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 09:08 PM
Yeah, you can imagine these two up on the roof, too. Unlike the previous growling bear duet, these two had more chemistry and vocal harmony. Even so, there were several notes where it seemed one or the other was a note sharp or flat, even if they weren't, given their vocal tones and preferred octaves. With some practice, these two could make a fine country-style duet. Provisional thumbs up.

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 11:19 AM
This did not showcase these two. Instead it served to highlight their weaknesses imo.

"Casey Abrams"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 09:11 PM
"Hi De Ho"

Um, who is the young girl on Steven's lap?

"RE: Casey Abrams"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 09:14 PM
Plays some piano with the piano player then gets up and wanders with the other musicians.

Jazzy arrangement, no shock there.

R. Great Carol King Song, like it was written for you. Like the Casey Show and Review. I'll see something different and entertaining.

S. Found your niche. Really work the stage well. Best mother loving show. Made my scalp itch it was so good.

J. In your element with the musicians. The whole thing worked. Like to see you loosen up in your body a little bit.

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 11:23 AM
I have the BST album with this on it. I know the song well.

Casey was fun to watch, but if you just listened, not so good. Someone wrote on another board that he did not use his real voice on this one...maybe that's what I was hearing. So entertaining, yes. Idol winner-ish, no.

I could hear Simon giving a critique--like: "this isn't Jazz Idol, it's American Idol. Something you would see in a smokey jazz lounge, lounge act-ish. " Paula would hit him right about now. Randy would then do one of his "for me, for me, for me, I could get into it. But I see what Simon is saying, man".

"Continuing tonight's theme."
Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 09:14 PM
Presenting the initial release from Casey's debut album: Songs To Struggle On The Toilet By.

"RE: Continuing tonight's theme."
Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 09:16 PM
And I can clearly see Ryan chiming in, "Brought to you by Ex-Lax!"

"RE: Continuing tonight's theme."
Posted by zazzy on 04-27-11 at 11:09 PM
ROFL!

Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 09:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-11 AT 09:15 PM (EST)

You want the nice answer or the snarky answer? Never mind.

Casey growls. Casey preens. Casey touches the audience. Done.

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-27-11 at 09:18 PM
I think someone snuck into Haley's room and stole her growlie. Shame on you Casey. Find your own niche.

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 09:18 PM
Perfect song choice and an interesting arrangement for Casey in showcasing his growling voice and stage presence. He seemed a bit tight, perhaps a little too intense, where a more relaxed demeanor may have made it better yet. Like Randy, I dig how Casey can bring something new and different with each performance. Vocally, he doesn't compare to some of the other guys in style and range, but after the first bar, in a good way, you know it's Casey. Thumbs up, but he's got a big challenge ahead to overcome the likes of the energetic James and charismatic Scotty in votes.

"Hayley Reinhart"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 09:20 PM
"Beautiful"

"RE: Hayley Reinhart"
Posted by Maroonclown on 04-27-11 at 09:21 PM
She's hot.

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-27-11 at 09:23 PM
And an awesome sax player to boot!!!

Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 09:24 PM
Technical issues. Had to hook her ear back up.

S. You are as beautiful as that song is. I heard God in your voice. You nailed it. You did yes you did.

J. One of the best voices in the competition.

R. I didn't love the beginning, but the end was great. The end was where I got excited.

Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 09:34 PM
I heard God in your voice.

*banned*

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 09:28 PM
Moo-utiful! Hayley does the usual vocal gymnastics in a fast pace with enough background music and choruses to get away with the slides and fades in her notes. No growls tonight, but we'll see if we hear any during tomorrow night's results show. Although we can give Hayley credit for improving over the last several weeks, abandoning some of her karaoke moves, she's clearly not destined to be the Idol.

Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 09:28 PM
*opens movie*

*goes fullscreen*

*tries to forget tonight ever happened*

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 11:25 AM
Haley looked gorgeous.

The song was a let down compared to last week.

Her stage movement were just like she had done on another song earlier this season. This was just not "winner-ish" imo, after last week's performance had haunted me for days.

"Note to Production."
Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 09:22 PM
In the future, all experimental mind-control technology should be removed from the contestants before filming begins.

"Duet 3: Jacob and James"
Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 09:25 PM
"I'm Into Something Good"

"RE: Duet 3: Jacob and James"
Posted by Maroonclown on 04-27-11 at 09:26 PM
James met a new girl in the neighborhood - and her name was Jacob.

Posted by Tahj on 04-27-11 at 11:32 PM
*doublesnort!*

It's a Tribe!

Posted by BriarRosie on 04-27-11 at 09:26 PM
It's the Frank Drebbin song! I keep picturing Leslie Nielsen and Priscilla Presley laughing it up coming out of "Platoon".

Posted by qwertypie on 04-28-11 at 00:00 AM

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-27-11 at 09:27 PM
That was ridiculous. And not in a good way.

Posted by Snidget on 04-27-11 at 09:27 PM
Starting on the stairs of doom.

Pull J Lo out to sing to her.

Pretend they are fighting over the same girl.

S. Wasn't sure if that was the most award winning it should have been. Where were you going with all that.

Ryan, if you would like to vote for Jennifer's Legs.

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 09:29 PM
Keep it short, boys. Time's about out. And already know who's likely to get the most and the least votes tonight.

Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 09:33 PM
There is no drug good enough.

I should know. I've been going through Steven's stash for the last ten minutes.

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 11:26 AM
This was a fun duet. I felt like it was part of a Broadway show. James' stage experience from high school was coming through. I liked it!

James for the win....or at least second!

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-27-11 at 09:31 PM
Thank you once again Ms. Snidge.

Posted by cahaya on 04-27-11 at 09:32 PM
I second that!

"Antique Shoppe"
Posted by Maroonclown on 04-27-11 at 09:35 PM
MC spends the afternoon cleaning up the backyard. Gawds, those boys can be messy. Socks in the trees, Slash’s hat under the chaise. And Stevie’s velvet jacket blowin’ like a windsock on the clothesline.

MC sends the boys off into to town to replenish the stock. That should take a couple of hours. They’re cute and all but God didn’t spend a lot of time on the intellectualization of her little playmates.

She pads back into the Shoppe to grab a shower and freshen up her clothing. Hot shower sure feels good. She scrubs off the grimeys from the night before. Sweat and garden dirt sure does the job at the time but in the light of day, not so much.

MC slips on another flowie thingy. Flowie thingies seem to be the garment of the day. It’s a nice, sunny 30 degrees out there this afternoon. The hot breeze blows down the dirt road. MC is parched. She grabs a tall lemonade, the cold water drops wet her hands as she clutches the glass, careful not to drop it as she makes her way out to the front porch. The floorboards creak under her bare feet.

She sets herself upon the swing. Looking down the road, she spies a shadow. The wind takes a short respite. Music flows through the air. MC tilts her head. What the? Is that the sound of a ukulele? Somewhere, over the rainbow. No effing way. Bluebirds fly. It can’t be. Birds fly over the rainbow. Impossible. Why then, oh why, can’t I, I, I?

Dust is everywhere. It’s impossible to see anything, let alone anyone, approach the Shoppe. As the figure takes shape, it is clear to MC that her minstrel is sporting dreads.

Jason!!!! MC runs out to greet her long, lost love!! She throws herself on him. He catches her and swings her around. She smothers him with kisses, not believing he is really here.

“What are you doing here? I thought your wife just had a baby??!!”

“Yup, she did. Then she invited her mom to live with us to help out.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.”

“I’m not. Told her I just needed to get away for a few days. I thought of you. I’m so happy you’re still here.”

“So am I. Can I get you a lemonade?”

“As long as you make it special, like you used to.”

“Come on in, and I’ll see what I can do.”

"RE: Antique Shoppe"
Posted by vince3 on 04-28-11 at 04:26 AM
It’s a nice, sunny 30 degrees out there this afternoon.

I hope that's in C and not in F, or you're gonna catch a cold...

Posted by zazzy on 04-28-11 at 11:27 AM
Will others from Jason's season or other seasons be stopping by? Hope so!

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-28-11 at 01:06 PM
After this year's crop of "guys" I decided to send out some invitations.

Posted by cahaya on 04-28-11 at 01:08 PM
Hey, where's mine?

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-28-11 at 01:31 PM
Wait for it.

"If only."
Posted by Estee on 04-27-11 at 09:41 PM
One of the Worsters openly wished Simon would come back for one night and give the F6 a dose of honesty.

If we each chip in one dollar...

"RE: If only."
Posted by Emty2 on 04-27-11 at 10:30 PM
sigh...I miss Simon