URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 309
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Anyone Know the "Rules" that could be Broken?"

Posted by NewFan on 06-28-06 at 02:19 PM
Does anyone know if the "rules" are posted somewhere so we can guess which rule might have been broken, and by whom?

Anyone care to make a guess?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Anyone Know the "Rules" that could be Broken?"
Posted by Estee on 06-28-06 at 03:33 PM
The most universal one for reality shows is 'No fighting outside of any challenges designed for physical contact.' Hitting another contestant is pretty much automatic expulsion. But it's not easy to see anyone in this group starting a fist- or scratch-fight. (Primary suspect: Roz.)

Posted by Snidget on 06-28-06 at 04:03 PM
That would be a likely one.

Generally finding out the full set of rules spelled out in the contracts they sign is really difficult as non-disclosure is usually one of the rules. Sometimes parts of the rules it can be found for a show if the application to be on it was on-line and downloadable (often things like the dates you need to be available for, age requirements and things like that are spelled out there).

Other guesses of mine might have to do with leaving the ship when it isn't a planned excursion or there may be items one was not allowed to bring to the show.

Posted by Padme on 06-28-06 at 04:43 PM
Michelle clearly stole one of the jokes she used last night in her routine. It was the one about the bicycle cop. My husband and I have heard that someplace before but can't place where. We are almost positive that Michelle gets kicked off for stealing someone's material which is a big no no in the comedy world.

Anyone else think this could be it?

Posted by Estee on 06-28-06 at 04:45 PM
Only if the joke originated with one of the other contestants, I think. A lot of Ant's material didn't come from Ant, and he stayed until his vote ouster.

(And yet, it still wasn't funny.)

Posted by Snidget on 06-28-06 at 08:27 PM
I'm not sure they could toss someone for that. After all if you looked at any of the routines so far there is something in everyone one of them that is derivative of something somone else did. If you are lucky they at least put their own twist on it.

There are only so many jokes under the sun, and few of them are completely unique and original.

"rumor I heard"
Posted by survivorscott on 06-28-06 at 05:44 PM
was that someone communicated with someone outside of the show. Such as caqlled them when they weren't suposed too.

spoiler:don't go any further if you don't want a hint.
It is someone you wouldn't expect

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

"RE: rumor I heard"
Posted by starshyn99 on 06-29-06 at 08:56 AM
I have also heard this too. The person who gets kicked out was using a cell phone to communicate about the show to someone on the outside. And yes, I was surprise who also.

"RE: rumor I heard"
Posted by LittleFox on 06-30-06 at 01:07 PM
haha - maybe it was Anthony Clark! Although no one would feel bad to see HIM leave.......

<>

Posted by Sydney Rain on 06-28-06 at 10:44 PM
God -- all your suggestions are so thoughtful and law-abiding! My first response was "Oh, yeah -- some dummy smuggled in a drug stash." And tell you what: if they don't ever let us know just what "rule" was broken, I bet I'm right. (P.S., by drugs I mean the usual suspects -- pot, coke, etc. Not steroids. I really can't see an LCS steroid-scandal -- not with this group. Except maybe Roz??? Nah.)

Posted by badfatty on 06-28-06 at 11:22 PM
Yes, controlled substance--use or possession--was my first thought. If that is the case, I doubt it would be Roz, as her recovery seems to be quite far along.

Ty seems like a big pothead to me, so my guess would go to him.
But since he and Kristen are my favorite ones in the house, that would make me sad.

Roz is the most volatile of personalities, so if the offense is not drug-related, her behavior would most likely land her in trouble.

Or maybe it's Rebecca, and her offense was getting immunity and not leaving like she was supposed to.

Posted by NewFan on 06-29-06 at 05:15 PM
My first thoughts were either a contestant threatened another (could definitely be Roz!), or else someone got chummy with a member of the production crew, but I can't picture anyone having any takers!

We'll have to see if your "insider information" is correct! How would that information be leaked after someone got the boot over it?

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 06-30-06 at 06:26 PM
I would think it's for a reason none of us would expect. Nothing normal or run-of-the-mill like someone using a cell phone or anything. It will be something major, certainly, and whoever gets kicked out for this violation will certainly deserve it. But it's still worth speculating...maybe someone threw Adam Carolla overboard.

Posted by steve_1966 on 07-03-06 at 03:22 AM
I'm going to guess that one of the comedians was seen going thru another comedians jokes or notes.