URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 308
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The chat room"

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 01-16-06 at 11:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-16-06 AT 11:37 PM (EST)

Is it gone? Down for maintenance? Removed because someone was bad? Being upgraded?

Not an enormous deal. And maybe not a deal at all. All I know is I can't reach it from here.

ETA: I'm in now. But I swear the option was gone of the front page of the site. Maybe I'm more unconscious than usual.

It's-a-Mystic! (boogiewoogiewoogie)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The chat room"
Posted by dabo on 01-17-06 at 02:46 AM
I just bypassed my firewall and checked, the chat rooms came up for me, they're still there. No one was around, but all the rooms came up. If you have some new internet security system in place, you may need to check into how to have it allow chats. (On the other hand, I believe the RTVW chats are on a different server from the forums, there may have been a server issue.)

"Yes"
Posted by AyaK on 01-19-06 at 02:32 PM
>(On the other hand, I believe the RTVW chats
>are on a different server from the forums, there may
>have been a server issue.)

For the record, the RTVW chats are indeed on a different server than the forums, and we tend to be slow on the uptake about chat problems -- so please let us know if they occur.

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-28-06 at 11:21 AM
I was just over in the chat rooms looking around, getting oriented.

There were only a couple of shows there and no OT. Do the rooms get added only if they are active?

arkie spring thing

Posted by Puffy on 05-05-06 at 08:39 PM

Maroonclown, the most frequently used room is the one at the bottom of the list:
AK's Blow Hole Bar and Grill

İSyren Creations, 2005

"Cheers to Webby"
Posted by Cygnus X1 on 05-08-06 at 11:53 AM
for updating the show rooms! No more Boot Camp or Push, Nevada rooms!

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 05-18-06 at 11:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-06 AT 11:41 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-18-06 AT 11:40 PM (EST)
Ignore me. Just testy out my siggie.

CASH Secretary of Hospitality

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"I'm sorry"...."It's okay." --Jack and Ennis at it again

"Once again"
Posted by mysticwolf on 05-30-06 at 10:52 PM
Chat hasn't let me in since the beginning of Memorial Day weekend. From the thread in OT I'm guessing that I'm not alone. Java brings up the login page, then it just spins while waiting to connect. I assume the chat server is down again.

Puppy Lvoe from Tribe blogging's scary

"Update"
Posted by mysticwolf on 06-01-06 at 05:11 PM
I've heard from webby. It appears as though the chat service provider may be having problems. Unfortunately, we don't know what they may be, or when - or even if - they will be fixed. It's out of our hands. Sorry, but that's the best answer anyone can give right now.

Puppy Lvoe from Tribe blogging's scary