URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3079
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Followed by ordering her to tbe back of the tour bus."

Posted by Estee on 04-13-11 at 07:54 AM
Apparently Idol's audience handlers banned a fan from sitting in the theater's front rows because they felt she was too far over their ideal body mass index to be on camera.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1375780/American-Idol-2011-Fan-told-sit-row-size.html

Yes, ultimately, it's going to be her word and that of any witnesses against theirs. And sure, she may be seeking attention (she's started to make the tour of the morning shows) and the show might just be an easy target -- but honestly, would this sort of discrimination (and the source) surprise anyone?

I do expect the show to address this issue. They won't take the chance of having it happen again. Clearly the most practical solution is to hire the entire audience from local modeling agencies. That way, the Swaybot arms will always be properly oiled.

Yes, that means they're going to replace the contestants' families as well.

Hope Randy's not too fond of that seat...

The good news: the overweight are organized.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Followed by ordering her to tbe back of the tour bus."
Posted by grit on 04-13-11 at 10:32 AM
I read an article about this on a different website. Apparently, there's no merit to her claim (gee, big surprise).

Supposedly, the 6 girls were told that since they got to the show early, they could get better seats. 3 seats were in the front row and 3 seats in another row. She didn't sit in the back row as she claims but instead sat just 4 rows behind her friends near a VIP guest of Steven Tyler's.

One girl who sat with Ashley said that the only person she heard make comments about Ashley being fat was Ashley. This girl never heard any Idol handlers say anything about Ashley not being allowed to sit up front because she's fat.

I'm going to sit back and wait for more of Ashley's "friends" talk about what really happened.

Chocolately deliciousness by agman