URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 3078
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Did Jed say anything interesting on the Early Show?"

Posted by janisella on 10-05-02 at 07:09 PM
Did anyone watch the Early Show on Friday? Did Jed even give us a crumb?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Did Jed say anything interesting on the Early Show?"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-05-02 at 07:28 PM
Jed was very neat...no crumbs that I could find

The transcript is here:
http://www.survivorfever.net/jed-earlyshow.html

Krautboy

Posted by Drive My Car on 10-05-02 at 10:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-02 AT 10:12 PM (EST)

DULL as Dirt! The guy has no charisma at all ( surprised he was picked in the first place) he was a Bad interview.

He did talk about thinking everyone was voting one way ( he asked people who they were voting for was *my* take) and seemed surprised to find they didn't ALL vote for ShiAnn. ( hmm was he lied to?)

Are we surprised that Dentists are Boring??

( good question though Janisella, I wondered why no one had posted about the Exit interview)

edit, because I wasn't clear

Posted by PigFace on 10-06-02 at 00:41 AM
Sooooo boring! I was falling asleep. really.

Posted by steppingrazor42 on 10-06-02 at 01:42 PM
I agree, this guy gave us nothing. He has to be one of, if not THE most, uncharismatic Survivor ever. He didn't even think he should've played differently....so he proves to be as lazy and egotistical as he seemed. I'll stop there, I know I should continue at Bashers.
I do think he was definitely lied to about the vote. He was lazy and guilty by association with Robb. It seems tribal lines were drawn before TC. Penny, Erin, Shii-Ann, Jake, and The Cop. Now we'll have to see how long they stand.

Dull as dingo dung!!! He needed a good dose of lauging gas or someting.

Posted by dabo on 10-06-02 at 02:44 AM
He did say Robb is a really nice guy.

Good, Robb is doomed.

"Indirectly"
Posted by idiotcowboy on 10-06-02 at 11:23 AM
I finally got a chance to check out the interview, and the only comment that I saw that even had potential spoiler value was, according to Jed, Penny & Jake were the ones supposed to be on watch when the net disappeared. From this I think we can draw a limited conclusion that Penny and Jake may have some type of alliance or at the very least they meet the Tina Wesson "watch who hangs out together" test. Also given Shii's catty comments about Jed (and Robb) loosing the net it is reasonable to assume that Jake and Penny didn't bother to help him out much in taking any part of the blame. Something to watch to see if it developes, but not really anything too substantial either.

-ICB

"RE: Indirectly"
Posted by SurvivinDawg on 10-06-02 at 11:34 AM
... or perhaps Jed thinks Penny and Jake are the ones who lied to him (Jake) and backstabbed him... so he tries to blame THEM for what was pretty obviously (at least from MB's editing) Jed's failure with the net. Just sour grapes?

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Posted by idiotcowboy on 10-06-02 at 11:53 AM
I wouldnt be suprised at that. For one thing I don't see Ken who has spent his entire tenure on the island bitching about Jed being someone Jed would think betrayed him. To betray him it would have to be the "nuetral" party of Penny-Jake. If so the allignment is likely Penny-Jake, Erin-Ken, Robb-Steph, and Shii the outsider... which could explain a Shii boot without a SWITCH. I'm still strongly leaning towards a SWITCH myself, but it is something to consider.

-ICB

Posted by BMH on 10-06-02 at 12:09 PM
I disagree on the 3rd episode..I was gettin the vibe that Shii and Jake had something going on..a bond stronger than their 5 person alliance..just by the way Shii talked about how her and Jake let Jed take the lead in the IC and didn't help..if Shii gets booted I think it is for different reasons..and I see a Shii-Jake Erin-Ken Robb-Steph and Penny somewhere in the middle..of course I could be wrong..but that is just the impression I got

Posted by Jody on 10-06-02 at 01:59 PM
Why would Shii Ann be booted if she is aligned with Penny/Jake/Erin/Ken? Wouldnt they go after Robb or Stephanie first? I think they went after Jed because he was a threat, Stephanie and Robb are more threats than Shii Ann is to them.

And if Steph/Robb gets voted out, then allignment is Penny/Jake, Erin/Ken, and Shii as the outsider. And that is very similar to the alliance in Soliantu with Pappy/Neleh/Sean/Vee/Kathy, where Shii Ann is the Kathy with no partner. But what did happen to Kathy, instead of being voted out, the partners tried to sway her to vote with them. And if that ever happens, then I think Shii Ann would vote with Jake/Penny.

(Yay, my first post!)

Posted by Loree on 10-06-02 at 06:45 PM
I agree I think Jake and Penny seem closer than Jake and Shii Ann. I think Jake and Penny have that Texas alliance. And Erin is always around Ken. If there is an outsider of the 5 I think it is Shii Ann. But I doubt she realizes it. Penny and Erin have been shown to be very close.

What I did notice about Jed's interview is that he seemed really nervous and uncomfortable on camera. I would think after being followed by cameras in Thailand that it wouldn't bother him. But I'm sure the studio was more intimidating and he was probably worried about slipping up and saying something he wasn't suppose to.

"Jed Betrayed?"
Posted by idiotcowboy on 10-06-02 at 09:19 PM
Here is a link to a SNews article where it is discussed who Jed thinks betrayed him. Included in it is a link to a spoiler post on Sucks that claims they talked to Jed after the morning show, and that Jed believed Penny would back up his Shii eviction group.

http://survivornews.net/article.php?id=115

Interesting reading if nothing else, and could point to Penny playing the game very hard. The most intesting thing may be that we saw none of this, and were led to believe Jed was being irresponsible as one reason for his dismissal... when perhaps he was just using a strategy that some of the "weaker" members of the tribe saw targeting themselves once the weakest member of the group Shii was evicted.

-ICB

"RE: Jed Betrayed?"
Posted by munson on 10-06-02 at 09:31 PM
So, if Jed believed that Shii Ann was the target, it's logical to assume that Robbb and Steph did, too.

I bet that Robbb feels betrayed and becomes despondent once he realizes he's on the outside of the dominant tribal alliance, but that's a post for another thread....