URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 307
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Marquee"

Posted by Das Mole on 01-15-06 at 06:36 PM
OK, so I know how to do marquees, BUT...I was wondering how I could make it so it was like one continuous thing? For example, I want to post this as a marquee for my game when S12 begins:

Only, I don't want it to look like this:

I don't want it to be like it is now, where the image goes once until it fully goes off the screen, and then it starts over again. Rather, I'd like it to end up looking like one continuous banner, where it immediately loops itself over again.

Is it possible to do this, or no? Please let me know. Thanks!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Marquee"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-16-06 at 04:45 AM
Prepare yourself. This post may have the ability to cause seizures.

I'd like it to end up looking like one continuous banner, where it immediately loops itself over again.

I know what you mean Das. I don't think theres a way to close the gap. But you can add more images after the original to give it more length. (However, it will still "take a break" after the three images pass.)

Another trick is to marquee bounce.
Back and forth. (I tested this effect with two images side-by-side and it turned out to be the most-likely-to-be-seizure-offending trick.)

Perhaps you wanna go the other direction.

Or Down.

Slide and stop? (Oops, you probably already missed the slide part. Go ahead and refresh to see it again.)

Or the original with a background color.

Sorry I couldn't help you, DAS.
The only thing I think you could do would be to make a siggie thats 1000px long. And that is against the rules.
So, try one of the tricks above.

Or mix and match to taste.

Posted by Das Mole on 01-16-06 at 01:41 PM
Ugh, OK. I did actually make one that was twice as long, but obviously there was still a large gap. OK, well thanks anyway

Posted by SherpaDave on 01-17-06 at 00:43 AM
You might also consider asking one of the animated gif geniuses (i.e., IceCat) if he could make an animated gif that is one continuous scroll. Dunno how nasty the filesize would be, though.

See Dave write. See Dave edit. See Dave blog.

Posted by Das Mole on 01-17-06 at 02:51 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-06 AT 02:52 PM (EST)

Well, even if I did that, I'd want to be able to edit the pictures to add little icons every week, so that wouldn't work. Thanks for the suggestion, though.