URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 306
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"WAAHAPPAN?!?!"

Posted by janda3 on 09-21-05 at 10:34 PM
Wasn't someone supposed to summerize the 1st episode?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: WAAHAPPAN?!?!"
Posted by FFantasyFX on 09-21-05 at 10:50 PM
While I'm sure some of our posters think of themselves as supermen and superwomen, I've never seen a summary posted two hours after the episode aired . . . it usually takes anywhere between one to five days before a summary is posted. Have patience.

Posted by Snidget on 09-21-05 at 10:56 PM
Yep, usually the East Coast Spoiler Thread only post here about the episode until it airs in Calif thing has to expire first.

It does take a couple of days. Usually the summary writer tapes it and spends some time going through the tape carefully to make sure they got everything.

Until the summary is posted check out the East Coast Spoiler Thread. People talk as it goes along.

Posted by janda3 on 09-22-05 at 01:51 AM
Last year the East coast spoiler thread was summerizing as the show went along. You got blow by blow accounts. When I went onto the East coast spoiler, there wasn't anyone doing that. In fact, the link only has about 5 or 6 posts.

Posted by Snidget on 09-22-05 at 08:33 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-05 AT 08:34 AM (EST)

No one is assigned to do the blow by blow. It is whoever happens to be watching. If no one is watching then no one posts much.

Lost premired last night and probably took some audience with the review of last season being at the same time as Martha.

There will be an official summary that is assigned coming out in a couple of days. I thought you were looking for that.

I hereby declare you: 'Blacksmith of the Underworld'--ZombieBaby

Posted by Bebo on 09-22-05 at 08:37 AM
There's a difference between the East Coast Summary Thread and the official summaries.

The East Coast thread is so that posters on the East Coast can discuss the show as events unfold, but posters in other time zones can still post on the forums without having the evening's episode completely spoiled for them if they so choose. If there aren't a lot of posts on that thread, there could mean that not too many posters were on the forums during the episode, or that folks just weren't watching.

The official summaries are written after the show has aired. Since those of us who have written them can appreciate how tough they are to write - it IS a lot harder than it looks - we ask our volunteer summary writers to please post within 48 hours after the show has aired unless there are extenuating circumstances. We also ask the general posting community to please be patient and not badger the volunteers.