URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 3032
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AI 10 Top 12 Boys ECST"

Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 08:23 AM
Programming note: It is on Tuesday this week.
I have class tonight so won't be back in time to start the thread then so I'm starting it now.

Anyone who can help out until I get home is welcome to do that, since the show was pre-recorded there are what are probably good spoilers for order and song choice so you can use that thread to help (I usually keep the spoilers in a text file and cut and paste during the show, takes less time. )

Remember to get your picks in for the PTTE Warm up http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/3027.shtml

I should come sliding in around 30 minutes in or so. See y'all then!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: AI 10 Top 12 Boys ECST"
Posted by emydi on 03-01-11 at 11:27 AM
smidge you rock I don't even have to pm you anymore!!!

Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 11:03 PM
Glad you approve of me anticipating your needs.

Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 08:30 PM
here comes the dread again
taking out all the musicality
taking out the notes like a nuke explosion

i want to hear some good singers
i want to feel they found someone
but i just cringe into the cushions
because they block the sound

so new boys svck for us
like idols do
kill songs for us
like idols do

this is what nigel wants
this is what nigel wants

"James Durbin."
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-11 AT 09:25 PM (EST)

Has not approved this edit.

"Reminder:"
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:00 PM
We are not getting a live show: these performances were taped a couple of days ago. Let's see if they can manage to run overtime anyway.

Also, because editing gets to be actively involved here, we are on Night One of The Uberpimping. This won't be pretty. It will, however, make your first brain freeze look like an overly-tight shoelace. Brace yourselves: it's going to be a trainwreck night.

"Pointless Ryan Fluffery."
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:02 PM
Only five will be voted through. One will be a wild card. None will have a career.

I swear, he gets shorter every season.

"Panel interviews."
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:04 PM
'Jennifer, are you a control freak?'

'Have you seen my contract?'

'Steven, are you a pervert?'

'Is this the first time we've (bleeping) met?'

"RE: Pointless Ryan Fluffery."
Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 09:11 PM
Interesting format. Basically vote for ten and toss in a judge's save for a guy and a gal. Half go home after this round.

Posted by emydi on 03-02-11 at 11:13 AM
they say that but they will put a 13th through...count the weeks and with 13 you end up with the last show on thurs b/4 Memorial Day which is when it always is. They did this a few years ago added a 13th...I think each judge will get one

Posted by cahaya on 03-02-11 at 04:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-11 AT 04:39 PM (EST)

That'll work. It's like vote for 10 and a free save for each judge. Good format, I think, which leaves it primarily to the voters, yet also makes sure someone who is truly talented doesn't fall through the cracks because of one mediocre fully aired AI stage performance.

(eta) Whoops! Looks like a twist in the format. According to Joes Place:

Tomorrow American Idol names the top 10 that WE put through with our votes. HOWEVER, they will NOT be naming any Wild cards during this Thursdays show. Instead, the 14 contestants that were not put through with the votes, will ALL come back to sing next Wednesday (March 9th) to earn a spot as a Wild Card. Then, on Thursday (March 10th), the judges will name TWO (YES TWO) Wild cards to round out the top 12. So, if the judges name the two WC’s then, American will not be voting at all next week, and from the sounds of it we will have a 90 minute show with the contestants that we didn’t care about enough to vote through. However, what IF one of the Wild cards is an “America’s Choice” (Clay Aiken was an America’s Choice Wild Card). The America’s Choice WC, is just speculation at this point.

Posted by emydi on 03-02-11 at 06:03 PM
that covers the weeks then and still end on time

Ugh though 14 more songs....Estee doesn't have enough pain killers

"Clint Jun Gamboa"
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:02 PM
Performing Superstition. (So basically, he's already sick of being here and picked a death song. How considerate.)

"RE: Clint Jun Gamboa"
Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 09:09 PM
Ah, good! Thanks for taking Snidget's baton. I had the song spoilers up just in case!

The performance? Ok, about what we can expect from the Gumboy. Fairly lively, vocally sound, but I don't like the looks of him. It's the first time I noticed those fang-like upper cuspids of his.

Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:11 PM
She can take it back any time.

As for the teeth, we've gone from Dueling Knee Bends to Synchronized Enamel Flashes. I think he's after the Twilight fanbase. Let's see if he comes out Thursday wearing glitter.

Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:10 PM
He must be very proud of his upper teeth to keep showing off every single one of them like that. Either that or someone took out his top lip.

I think the background wall is trying to solve a sliding block puzzle. It must be going on Survivor tomorrow.

His glasses are hideous. There is no singing. There is only screaming.

Randy: You are not karaoke! You're much worse than that!
Jennifer: Sure, you're nervous now, but just wait until Thursday.
Steven: I couldn't be prouder if I had any idea who you were.

Ryan pimps Facebook. Facebook drops Ryan from its friends list.

Posted by Loree on 03-01-11 at 09:12 PM
I just don't like him. Hopefully this is the last time I have to see him sing on the show.

Posted by whimsey on 03-01-11 at 09:31 PM
ditto

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 09:37 PM
Hey there, whims!

About time you showed up!

Posted by whimsey on 03-01-11 at 09:40 PM
Thanks, hon! I'll prolly be late for the Tuesday shows, but I'll join the fun when I can.

"Jovany Barreto"
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:05 PM
Singing I'll Be. While dressed. At least to start.

"RE: Jovany Barreto"
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:16 PM
Nice vest. Square head. Expert stubble. Being partially drowned out by the background singers. Speaking more than singing. Not adding power to the key middle bridge.

Swaybots!

Why is Jennifer shaking her head? Or is that nodding? Secret signal to security ordering them to smuggle him into the back room?

Steven: You brought it! And you didn't bring enough for me!
Jennifer: You are what you are, which is my toy.
Randy: It sounded too much like the original, except for completely svcking. Oh, by the way, I'm going to take over Simon's 'do something original' versus 'respect the song' contradiction this year. Deal with it!

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 09:21 PM
Yeah, about the background singers. He would have done fine without them, as they really didn't mix in with the tone of his voice very well.

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 09:17 PM
Really, not bad. Very smooth, strong voice, confident on stage, best we've seen of him. I just don't see where his fan base is going to come from if he keeps singing like that. Thumbs up, but hopes down.

Posted by Loree on 03-01-11 at 09:23 PM
He was better than Clint. But he probably won't make the top 10 unless several other guys stumble.

Posted by Maroonclown on 03-01-11 at 10:07 PM
HAY.TED.IT - I love that song and he squeezed the living life out of it.

"Jordan Dorsey"
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:13 PM
Singing OMG. Which will not be the only times those letters are used regarding his performance tonight.

"RE: Jordan Dorsey"
Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 09:20 PM
Not sure what that was. Sort of a cross between rock and rap and karoke and high-school talent contest. Cut.

Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:20 PM
Shoulder gymnastics.

I think he's trying to fit himself into a two-foot box.

He's not singing. So far, none of them have actually sung anything. The lightshow is trying to svck him into a black hole. It must work faster -- no, it's too late, it let him finish.

Steven: What. The. Bleep?
Jennifer: Can I renegotiate my contract now?
Randy: I wish Simon was here to say something appropriately withering.
VFTW: Cool!

He'd better have successfully courted them, because it's hard to see who else is gonna vote for him.

Posted by Maroonclown on 03-01-11 at 10:10 PM
Baby let me slow you down. There's so many things you did wrong. Baby let me stop you there. There's so many ways to hate you. Blech, blech , blechy.

Posted by Loree on 03-01-11 at 09:27 PM
That was dreadful. Then he made all those excuses afterwards. Then why did he pick that song? Idiot.

Posted by whimsey on 03-01-11 at 09:38 PM
Why would he have even thought to sing that? Oye

"Tim Halperin"
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:21 PM
Working with Streetcorner Symphony (Come On Over). And will soon be seen begging on a streetcorner.

"RE: Tim Halperin"
Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 09:29 PM
Has the vocals vs background mix been off all night. Oh now the chorus comes I can tell he's singing rather than trying to whisper the lyrics, and there he is drowned out again for a line or two.

Guess they can't do mix anything other than screaming meemies anymore.

I think it could have sounded good with the right mix

Steven: that song let you down.
J.Lo. You did it well, but it didn't show America who you really are, one of the most beautiful voices
Randy. That is a cool song, but wouldn't equate you with and didn't bring anything new.

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 09:32 PM
Hey there! (We won't notice you're here to take a baton hand off.)

No, I don't think even changing the mix would have saved him, not with his voice and (lack of) stage presence.

Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:29 PM
Is anyone going to sing tonight? Did they give half the field a bribe to throw the competition and go home this week, or are these people just stupid enough to think this is going to work? He's speaking to the music! And he can't even do that right!

Steven: I am so high right now. And it's still not enough.
Jennifer: Please don't make me pretend I can be harsh.
Randy: I get first pick of your stuff.

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 09:29 PM
Another cut for the night. He tried, but didn't connect. Vocally, it was just too monotonous and the tone was - hard to pick a word for it, nasal? With the talent in the guy's group and the few already obvious likely fan choices, he'll be out.

Posted by Loree on 03-01-11 at 09:34 PM
I was expecting better from him. He kind of disappointed.

Posted by whimsey on 03-01-11 at 09:43 PM
Wow, that was unfortunate.

"Brett Loewenstern "
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:22 PM
Performing Light My Fire, which the bullies at his school will interpret as Light Me On Fire. But at least they're watching!

"RE: Brett Loewenstern "
Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 09:33 PM
I think Becky and Sundra are both better at lighting fires than that.

Steven: You were on fire.
J. Lo. More hair tossing than me and Beyonce, you need a fan and a video tomorrow. Like that you are who you are.
Randy: 14 hair shakes. Pitch problems at the beginning you are bold and will do what you want to do.

I need whatever is in the judges cups.

Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:36 PM
He's gonna need more than a fan -- unless it's Nigel.

Kind of makes you wonder if the save is active this year. That was an overpimp on the talk radio level, and it screams 'We want him in the Final Four no matter what anyone else thinks!' While brandishing a mace.

Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:33 PM
Red hair. Red background. Red will be the color of the blood when terrorists play this performance to their victims in an attempt to make them suicide. I can actually feel myself slipping into a music-free coma. It's a merciful feeling. I want it to accelerate.

The judges are very, very drugged. They think this is good. That's what the script says. The orders are to pimp this in the face of all evidence, logic, and the note that he's going to be picked as the wild card of first resort.

I don't want to bully him for this. But I think I'm in the minority.

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 09:36 PM
Vocally? Not very sharp. This is one of my fav Doors songs, and it's hard to duplicate this song's mood and tone, much less the voice.

On the other hand, it was entertaining, and I'll give him kudos for that. Neither thumbs up or thumbs down, but I'd rather see him in than two of the guys we've heard so far tonight.

Posted by Loree on 03-01-11 at 09:41 PM
He really gives me the creeps. I found myself recoiling from the TV screen. Make him go away.

Posted by whimsey on 03-01-11 at 09:49 PM
I like Brett (but I would rather have had Colton in the final 24) and hope he goes on. Tonight seems weird to me - folks just aren't hitting it the way I would expect at this point in the competition.

Posted by Maroonclown on 03-01-11 at 10:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-11 AT 10:30 PM (EST)

Ms. Brett needs to man-up. Just sayin'

ETA - if he can find his inner Geddy Lee he may do okay.

"Does Tim Urban Slide into the thread"
Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 09:24 PM
I'm ba-ack!!!!

"RE: Does Tim Urban Slide into the thread"
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:27 PM
Please take over. The new Mozilla tab-opening arrangement is messing up my threading on a level only Tim could appreciate. And he's not voting for it.

Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 09:30 PM
Ready and willing to take over, back to the snark with you.

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 09:33 PM
Woot!

"James Durbin."
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:26 PM
Will be attempting You Got Another Thing Comin’ complete with unnecessary scream. Plus there may be a five-second sob story reprise. Which he will work into the scream.

Yes, I am one bad performance away from going to James Dustbin.

"RE: James Durbin."
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:42 PM
The opening shot of his story cell makes him look like he'd just been arrested for mass murder.

The background lightshow is trying to kill me.

Speak loudly. Speak even more loudly. Scream. Scream. SCREEEEEAM! Resume speaking loudly -- no, back to the SCREEEEEAM!!!eleventy-one!!!

Steven gives the bleep machine a run for its money. Steven announces this is the first Judas Priest song to make the show. Steven does not realize that we're halfway through the males and no one has sung a note.

Randy wants everyone to do it just like this. Randy doesn't want the second half to contain a single sung note either.

*closes eyes*

I'm gonna run away and join the Worsters.

Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 09:42 PM
Pimping J. Lo's new song. Jen has made different endings we get to vote for them.

Intro is all about dreams and rocking on.

No dude, I will not clap. Gosh he is sure getting the light treatment and someone on the mixing board seems to have woken up, mostly, but then he screams so much they probably can't drown him out.

J. Lo rocking out and getting almost as much screen time as James.

S: James that was crazy good. What is bleeped out. Did he have a AI logo to bleep himself with? Over the top, you are the greates.

J: I love the way you perform, organic and real, comes from inside. You do it so naturally it is insane.

R: This is right here how you do it. Makes him show off his tail. He says that makes him stand out. Nice and Tasty with the high thing. O_o

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 09:44 PM
Yeah, that migraine-triggering black-and-white strobing light treatment is one thing I didn't like about the performance.

Posted by whimsey on 03-01-11 at 09:57 PM
He definitely owned it! Don't care for his type of performance, but he's good at it!

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 09:43 PM
Ah! Finally, someone comes up and decides to own the stage, and he does it very well. No hokey or karoke. Well done performance, vocally solid, steady on the sustains and a little rough where it should have been. While I'm not his greatest fan, a certain thumbs up. He'll have a strong fan base, no doubt.

Posted by JessicaRN on 03-02-11 at 00:13 AM
Not my taste in music, but I always look forward to seeing what he is going to do. He throws everything he has into it.

Posted by niteowl0205 on 03-01-11 at 09:43 PM
At least he was entertaining.......but the music is too loud.
He doesn't have the charisma or 'sex appeal' that Adam L. had (initially),though.

Posted by Maroonclown on 03-01-11 at 10:14 PM
He doesn't have the charisma or 'sex appeal' that Adam L. had

Word.

Posted by Loree on 03-01-11 at 09:51 PM
It was pretty good. But Adam Lambert does it better. And the tail is annoying me.

"Score at halftime."
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:45 PM
Musicality: 0.
Pimping: 14.
Panel Delusion: 9000+.

"RE: Score at halftime."
Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 09:48 PM
With more than one false start, not to mention a few unnecessary roughness's of the songs.

"Robbie"
Posted by niteowl0205 on 03-01-11 at 09:51 PM
He's so freakin' cute. very sweet. Although i do NOT like that song. Too many years in Canada being force fed Sarah M.

"That smile!"
Posted by moonbaby on 03-01-11 at 09:56 PM

It frightens me. And during the entire song I thought his phrasing was oddly off.

"See post #56"
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 10:04 PM

(Same book, different pages.)

"LOL"
Posted by moonbaby on 03-01-11 at 10:06 PM
I promise you I didn't even see that until now! He smiles the way a dog does right before it gets sick

"RE: LOL"
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 10:09 PM
We noticed it independently: it just pushed different cultural buttons. There should be some really interesting photochops on VFTW tomorrow...

"RE: Score at halftime."
Posted by whimsey on 03-01-11 at 09:59 PM
I closed my eyes and smiled during his performance.

"Robbie Rosen"
Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 09:51 PM
Angel-Sarah McLachlan.

And he's giving me the same sad puppies eyes as the ASPCA ads that use this song. And I'm giving him the sad floppy puppy ears, I didn't know my ears could fold over to protect me from sound like this. Hooooooooooowwwwl on that one phrase near the end and again on the last run thingy.

S. Sing a ballad like nobody's business, a beautiful thing.
J. When you sing songs you tell a story, you feel every single word, the notes aren't perfect, I liked your choices better. Special singer.
R. Differ from my cohorts, they didn't all quite work, really pitchy, never settled, and you'd say you were never comfortable. You will see what I mean when you listen back to it.

"RE: Robbie Rosen"
Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 09:53 PM
That was a pretty pretty performance. Pretty guy, pretty song, pretty performance. But I wager he will get pretty few votes.

It's a pity pity rhymes with pretty.

Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 09:54 PM
Comes out dressed as if he's seen one too many 80s Tom Cruise movie. Tries to project himself as 'I'm so harmless, you could leave me with your naked daughters and nothing would happen!' And then he smiled on his last note, and his hair turned green, skin white, lips red, and he ran off to kill Batman.

On the bright side, he is the first person to attempt actual singing tonight. Sure, he didn't succeed, but major points for thinking outside the box!

Posted by Loree on 03-01-11 at 09:56 PM
He sang it well. But I was getting alittle sleepy by the time it was over.

Posted by Maroonclown on 03-01-11 at 10:17 PM
Would it be cruel of me to think of him as Robbie Nosen? It's more of an association thing so I can remember who everyone is. Really. Honestly.

"Scotty McCreery"
Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 09:56 PM
aka Babylockthemdoors
Letters From Home – John Michael Montgomery

"RE: Scotty McCreery"
Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 09:59 PM
Sitting on a stool so he can do that lean at an unusual angle thing.

This song does seem to fit his voice much better than some of the others.

S. You are going to be getting a lot of letters. Couldn't have picked a better song so beautiful.
J. This is why we didn't cut you. You are born to sing country music. In your lane.
R. Love that you switched it up. You are like a throwback country guy, not trying to be cross over, love the lowness in your voice.

Posted by Loree on 03-01-11 at 10:01 PM
He sounds good when I close my eyes. But his "ain't I cool" facial expressions bug me.

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 10:01 PM
He's got a unique voice and tone that is unmistakable. The first note or two and you know it's him. He's got that going for him. Vocally he was fairly good, but I think he lacks a strong stage presence. A good recording artist in the budding, but a stage performer? Thumbs up, but he could get monotonous if he sings the same way each week.

"Scotty McCreery"
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 10:01 PM
First genuine singing performance of the entire bloody night.

Ryan's attempt at a voice drop during the introduction was one of only two bad notes, with the other being Scotty's attempt to switch registers on his final words. Otherwise, a classic old-school country performance. Sure, he's a throwback -- but on this horrific night, I'll take that over another throwaway.

Posted by whimsey on 03-01-11 at 10:05 PM
Great voice and performance. Clearly he's been watching those "You Can Be An Idol by Constantine Maroulis" videos. That hey baby sneer is a bit much. Dude, you're like, 12 years old, come on.

"Wahahaa!"
Posted by moonbaby on 03-01-11 at 10:37 PM
That hey baby sneer is a bit much. Dude, you're like, 12 years old, come on.

I couldn't put it into words. Thank you!

Posted by Maroonclown on 03-01-11 at 10:18 PM
*snarl*

Posted by qwertypie on 03-02-11 at 01:01 AM
Can't wait to see what he does with Prince week

"Stefano Langone"
Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 10:00 PM
Just The Way You Are – (Bruno Mars)

"RE: Stefano Langone"
Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 10:03 PM
3 lines in...

*runs and hides*

Cannot escape, the hideousness is following me no matter how far I run. *trembles*

S. Your voice cut through the air and the vein in your head pops
J. I'm sure I can have my hands up and grooving, nothing awkward, you are a beast.
R. We are all like a concert, a couple of those notes were sharp but doesn't matter, we believed you. You could be on the radio right now.

"meh"
Posted by moonbaby on 03-01-11 at 10:04 PM
I didn't care for that, why were they kvelling over him?

"RE: meh"
Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 10:06 PM
The found the leftover vat of Paula Juice? Apparently it only gets stronger with age.

"I just realized"
Posted by moonbaby on 03-01-11 at 10:08 PM
I haven't seen any Coke cups. Or I just don't notice them anymore.

"Welcome to groupthink night!"
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 10:12 PM
We've been synchronized by the svck!

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 10:06 PM
One of the better attempts at genuine singing tonight, but still... he'll probably make the cut as I picture a borderliner or two from earlier tonight dropping below him. Would I listen to him again and again? Nope.

"Brought out for special occasions."
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 10:08 PM
"I forgot it while he was singing it."

He could be on the radio right now! Let's find him one to sit on! His voice cuts through the air! It has to in order to slice the eardrums! The judges are all drinking from Paula's cup, and the stuff got stronger with age!

Poor Worsters. This is going to be the hardest decision of the year.

Posted by whimsey on 03-01-11 at 10:10 PM
Again, what is with the sound/band/key tonight. That wasn't horrible, and there were glimpses of brilliance, but seemed off.

Posted by Loree on 03-01-11 at 10:14 PM
I think the little girls are going to vote him through.

Posted by Maroonclown on 03-01-11 at 10:20 PM
That? was absolutely horrendous. Why the tongue bath from the jidges?

"Paul McDonald"
Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 10:12 PM
Maggie Mae by Rod Stewart

Has the stumbling around on stage thing um perfected?
I didn't know you could swallow your voice that much while singing, how odd. He's got a look on his face like a comedian when no one laughs at anything thing.

S. See that Paul, there it is, it is all about the jacket, the voice ain't bad and the McDonald two step. Character in your voice, the way you shake it off, love that character.

J. Character in the way you move, unique. You are all in black, that smile lights up the whole place. Bring joy when you do that.

R. I love you doing Rod, you are so different than anything we have ever had. Like the possibility we can embrace quirky and different.

Really Randy? Really???

"Cute as a button"
Posted by moonbaby on 03-01-11 at 10:13 PM
but Simon would have asked "Are you DRUNK?!?!?"

"RE: Cute as a button"
Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 10:18 PM
Eggs-zactly! I was typing my post while you posted yours and only saw yours afterwards.

"Haahaaaaaaaa!"
Posted by moonbaby on 03-01-11 at 10:19 PM
well then he must be drunk!

"RE: Paul McDonald"
Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 10:14 PM
I got dizzy watching that. None of the moves were in rhythm with the beat of the song, like he was drunk. Drowned out even by a weak chorus that his voice didn't quite match, he didn't really stand out. Maybe he's got a good voice, but I wouldn't miss him if he doesn't make the cut.

Posted by whimsey on 03-01-11 at 10:15 PM
Love. him. Love him, love him, love him.

"Groupthink #2."
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 10:16 PM
I swear I spent the entire performance waiting for someone to rush up from behind and Heimlich him.

I know we're not live tonight, but I didn't know we were working from this blatant of a script. It's as if the panel's chairs have been wired and any deviation will be punished. Even Steven's bleeps are starting to sound timed...

Posted by Loree on 03-01-11 at 10:17 PM
My fave. He makes me smile. Adorable.

Posted by Maroonclown on 03-01-11 at 10:23 PM
Jury is out over here. Had hopes. Thinking he may have picked a terrible song but he's sooo cute. And his voice is certainly interesting. I'm going to give him a "get out of jail free" card but I'm sure he'll be on the chopping block.

I think his only saviour will be a wild card.

"Jacob Lusk"
Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 10:13 PM
House is Not a Home

"Wow"
Posted by moonbaby on 03-01-11 at 10:16 PM
I don't like watching him sing but what a voice!

"RE: Jacob Lusk"
Posted by niteowl0205 on 03-01-11 at 10:16 PM
Am I the only one who can't STAND this guy??

Posted by Maroonclown on 03-01-11 at 10:24 PM
You are not alone.

He'd certainly do well on Rupaul's Drag Race though.

Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 10:16 PM
Come on boy, I can see the crazy drag queen trying to claw her way out, let her loose, just let her loose.

S. Divine intervention brought you here. I am honored to be in your presence you make me cry when you sing.

J. This is Luther Vandross my favorite singer, this is what is so exciting, he is gone but now we have you. That makes me happy tonight.

R. Luther would be proud of you, those crazy crystal clear high notes. Excellent job.

"Scale of 1-10."
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 10:23 PM
How high is Steven?

"RE: Scale of 1-10."
Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 10:30 PM
If 10 is Charlie Sheen on Charlie Sheen on Piers's show, about a 9.2

On a normal scale of high from 1-10, 15.3

"RE: Scale of 1-10."
Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 10:32 PM
Higher than the heavens, apparently!

Posted by whimsey on 03-01-11 at 10:24 PM
Come on boy, I can see the crazy drag queen trying to claw her way out, let her loose, just let her loose.

Snidget, you are covered in wrong sauce! Luckily wrong sauce is both the drink of the night and the snack of the night.

Posted by whimsey on 03-01-11 at 10:18 PM
Oh good heavens. Thanks to the makeover team, he looks as good as he sounds. Excellent instrument, t excellent. Maybe one of the best voices I've heard. But... I can't take a season of him - just can't. He has got to go.

Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 10:20 PM
And this is not a singing competition: it's a script war to see who can be pimped the hardest. If he had tassels, they'd be twirling. Without batteries. And yes, this post is dedicated to Dweezil, who won't appreciate the placement. But -- if this was 1940, he would have just vaulted to the front of the pack. Admittedly, if this was 1940, he would have had to fight for a spot on the radio competition and the promoters would be autotuning in the other direction -- but he had a decent performance and a good voice for the song he tackled. He just went seriously out of generation, and I don't know what that'll do to his potential voter numbers.

Posted by Loree on 03-01-11 at 10:21 PM
Yes, he has a great voice. But I find him so boring.

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 10:21 PM
Wow, what a soulful! He's a superb singer, even if he's not a showman. I don't know about the divine intervention bit, but he's got a divine voice. I liked this guy from the start and have hopes he'll go far. He may need to mix it up a bit to avoid being typecast to a limited set of song styles.

"Casey Abrams"
Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 10:22 PM
I Put a Spell On You

"RE: Casey Abrams"
Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 10:25 PM
Nice growl from the bear.

He does know how to perform.

S. You are in your mind and out of your mind unreal. Your melodic sensibility, who were you singing to (someone random) that was just as good as it gets. crazy good.

J. You are sexy Casey, You are going to redefine this whole thing, Casey wants it bad, ate it all up.

R. Dawg listen mine, transform yourself into the spirit of that song, you are so different, so unique, more more more, yes yes yes.

"Our only hope."
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 10:26 PM
Counterspell!

I don't know what that is. I just know we get XP if we make it die.

And this one was for HD.

"That was hilariously good"
Posted by moonbaby on 03-01-11 at 10:26 PM
I dig that angry Amish boy

"RE: That was hilariously good"
Posted by whimsey on 03-01-11 at 10:28 PM
*snort*

Posted by Maroonclown on 03-01-11 at 10:26 PM
Great voice. Can't watch him though. Desparate need of a makeover. Can we transport him into Paul's bod?

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 10:28 PM
Yup, yup. Another feather on his cap. He knows how to sing a song as it was intended when written. He captured the mood perfectly, along with a good vocal mix and perfect rhythm. While I would still like the CCR version better, I think he's a finalist candidate without question. Thumbs up.

Posted by whimsey on 03-01-11 at 10:29 PM
Looks like we have a competition, folks! That was quite good.

Posted by Loree on 03-01-11 at 10:36 PM
Extremely talented. But he needs a makeover before he puts a spell on anyone.

"Can we all agree on one thing?"
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 10:27 PM
Excepting a few brief bursts of script-mandated sanity (nearly all coming from Randy), the panel had virtually zero credibility tonight.

It may get worse from here.

"RE: Can we all agree on one thing?"
Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 10:36 PM
Randy was the only one to disagree, and a lukewarm attempt at that. I think they decided to pick out what they liked, not mention what they didn't like (or even what was blatantly bad), and let the voters decide.

I trust voters even less than I do the panel.

Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 10:37 PM
Virtually zero?

I was thinking substantially less than zero.

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 10:39 PM
That would be a negative number, then.

I'm thinking that a square root of that would be more appropriate - what in mathematical terms is an imaginary number.

"Vote For The Worst endorses:"
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 10:39 PM
Brett.

I would have gone with Jordan 'cause Brett was gonna make it through anyway.

"RE: Vote For The Worst endorses:"
Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 10:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-11 AT 10:42 PM (EST)

Even VFTW couldn't save Jordan.

But what you said earlier about Brett... 'He's gonna need more than a fan -- unless it's Nigel.' might as well have read 'unless it's VFTW'.

Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 11:00 PM
In this case, I think Nigel was enough. I still think that if Brett didn't get voted through, he'd be the predesignated wild card. Can anyone get me a copy of Thursday's script so I can confirm?

The Worster Tracker thread is on standby until we clear spoiler time. Brett just gets to wait around for at least another week.

Posted by mrc on 03-02-11 at 02:19 PM
DW called Brett a red-headed, 13-yr-old Constantine.

"Antique Shoppe - Sneak Peek #2"
Posted by Maroonclown on 03-01-11 at 10:39 PM
MC throws her feet onto the coffee table and takes a swig of single malt.

“Steven?”

“ya?”

“I’m stumped. It’s been a long winter. Baby needs some ‘ttention.”

“I know, but what the hell do you have to choose from?”

“Not much. Little Geddy would break like a twig with the first snap of the handcuffs. Scotty is, um, too young, although he doesn’t sound too young. Hmm, I’ll put him on the short list. Nosen is, well, Nosen. And that Casey dude? I’d have to dust off the rubber mask.”

MC walks into the kitchen to refresh the beverages. She looks out the window and wonders what will transpire this season. Maybe a bit of a switch would be in order. Aha! Tomorrow? Road trip to the city to check out the girls.

A smile graces MC's lips. “Hey Steve! Don’t drink too much tonight. We have some work to do tomorrow.”

"I would open up the post-show live chat..."
Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 10:45 PM
...but this group gave me a headache.

A real, physical, must-take-aspirin-now headache.

It's going to be a long season.

"ONLINE VOTING closed?? at 9:40 EST? WTF?"
Posted by niteowl0205 on 03-01-11 at 10:48 PM
not sure what that's all about. I thought we'd be able to vote online for at least as long as usual....

"RE: ONLINE VOTING closed?? at 9:40 EST? WTF?"
Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 10:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-11 AT 10:57 PM (EST)

I'm trying it out, but it's apparently overloaded as it won't even complete the load on the AI site. All I see is a swirling blue arrow circle - looking something like blue Tidy Bowl going around and around in a toilet that won't flush.

Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 11:03 PM
Perfect simile for the evening.

And Facebook.

Posted by Estee on 03-01-11 at 10:58 PM
Facebook-based problems? The trial run was going to be the first time the audience tried to bulk-vote through it: the system may have just gotten the test of its life and failed.

Posted by Snidget on 03-01-11 at 11:00 PM
It just let me vote.

I did think I heard you "only" get 50 online votes, although it could be an overload problem.