URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 303
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SERGIO on Regis and Kelly!"

Posted by Lorizh on 05-26-05 at 09:32 AM
HEY Sergio is coming on Regis and Kelly in a couple of minutes! Maybe The Contender will get some props and make some new fans! Anyway to those who can't watch it I will report after the show!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: SERGIO on Regis and Kelly!"
Posted by Lorizh on 05-26-05 at 09:43 AM
Mark Burnett has BIG plans according to Sergio! BTW, he is not buying his mom the house, he said he doesn't want to squander his money on cars and houses, just yet. He plans on doing some commentaries and he is still willing to do a rematch. Kelly is a HUGE fan of him and Alfonzo, she's all over him like a bad rash! lol He is teaching Regis to box, it's rather funny.

Posted by Desire on 05-26-05 at 01:31 PM
Thank you. I just watched it.
Sergio was awesome.
I can't believe how into the Contender kathy is. She knows all the boxers and said that the Latin Snake was the best along with Gomez.

Kathy asked Sergio about buying the house for his mom and he said he was going to wait. He said many boxers have foolishly spent their money on big houses and expensives cars. He is going to be patient and make more money.

He is putting his faith in Mark B.

The kid is smart. <---------

No wonder he is the Champ.

Kathy said that Sergio was the best Boxer hands down. She said he was great. He was smart, analytical boxer a great fighter. She said that he is so fast and that Peter Manfredo had to lay ontop of him the entire fight. LOL She said it was impossible for Peter to pin him down even doing that the snake would punch and get out when he wanted to.

She said she watched the show every Sunday nite and would almost suffer a heart attack after every fight cus they were so good.

I cant believe Regis never watched the show. What a weenie.

Kathy knows more about boxing than him LOL

Awesome interview.

Sergio is going to analizing the fights on ESPN friday nites I guess I will have to tune into ESPN more often now

She wants to see Sergio and Alfonso get it on.

Lol Peter Manfredo Layed ontop of Sergio the entire fight. She said it. I saw it, others deny it. Living in denile is a crying shame.
The truth shall set you free.

Posted by mommy2bree on 05-30-05 at 00:28 AM
Ummmmmmmm

Look in the topic of this thread. The cohost who you are raving about knowing so much about boxing and being all over Sergio is KELLY...Kathy hasn't been on this show for a loooong time.

Just a pet peeve of mine. Sorry.

Posted by Desire on 05-30-05 at 03:51 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-30-05 AT 04:07 AM (EST)

>Ummmmmmmm
>
>Look in the topic of this
>thread. The cohost who
>you are raving about knowing
>so much about boxing and
>being all over Sergio is
>KELLY...Kathy hasn't been on this
>show for a loooong time.
>
>
>Just a pet peeve of mine.
> Sorry.

No Problem mummy2be.
Yes Kathy knows alot about boxing.
Thank you.
I dont watch Regis and Kathy Lee.
I only watched it because the Champ was on the show.
Thank you.

Posted by volsfan on 05-30-05 at 08:47 AM
I dont watch Regis and Kathy Lee.

None of us do! They haven't been on the air in a very long time. The point mummy was trying to make is that you kept referring to Kathy as being all over Sergio...Kathy is not on the show at all! KELLY is the female on the show...KELLY!

Posted by Desire on 05-30-05 at 02:07 PM
>I dont watch Regis and Kathy
>Lee.
>

>
>None of us do! They haven't
>been on the air in
>a very long time. The
>point mummy was trying to
>make is that you kept
>referring to Kathy as being
>all over Sergio...Kathy is not
>on the show at all!
>KELLY is the female on
>the show...KELLY!

I know volvo. I know.
I was told that her name was Kelly Ripa many times in the past and I still call the Show Regis and Kathy.

Like I said before I never watch Regis and Kathy.

The show will always be called that to me. Why should I have to remember useless information.
I am just funnin too cus I see so many people on forums all over the net that still saying that Peter beat Sergio.
If they can't call a spade a spade then I can surely do the same because people like to point out the obvious useless facts like grammar or the name of some Co host rather than deal with the real issues at hand.

Posted by mommy2bree on 05-31-05 at 11:45 PM
and the name is mommy2bree, not mummy2be...I don't plan to be wrapped up in toilet paper or something soon. =P

Posted by Water_Walker32 on 05-30-05 at 00:45 AM
I don't see why not keeping his promise is considered "smart". If I said I was going to buy my mother a house with the million dollars championship monies, I would. I mean after all, a house is a good investment if you know what you are doing. Buying fancy cars and all that mumbo jumbo is vain, agreed. Cars depreciate when you drive them off the lot.

I don't get it.

Doesn't really matter anyway. Maybe his mother was the one who told him not to do it. Who knows.

Posted by mommy2bree on 05-30-05 at 01:37 AM
Well, I hope his mother at least was able to retire. He had promised that from the very beginning... "If I win this, my mom will never have to work again."

Posted by Desire on 05-30-05 at 04:03 AM
>I don't see why not keeping
>his promise is considered "smart".
>If I said I was
>going to buy my mother
>a house with the million
>dollars championship monies, I would.
>I mean after all, a
>house is a good investment
>if you know what you
>are doing. Buying fancy cars
>and all that mumbo jumbo
>is vain, agreed. Cars depreciate
>when you drive them off
>the lot.
>
>I don't get it.
>
>
>Doesn't really matter anyway. Maybe his
>mother was the one who
>told him not to do
>it. Who knows.

LOL so this means he has to go out and buy the first house he sees?

He is going to buy a big house with the next million he gets and then he wont have to move twice. Maybe he can then invest in some realestate in the future.
California homes aint cheap.
A freakin cardboard box cost about 335k
He did the best thing by getting a financial advisor and I guess they showed him a few options. He will buy her the house soon enough. I bet she aint gone to work. I can see her now turning in her 2 weeks notice

Talkin' bout c-ya!

Mom did a better job of raising her sons and making men out of them than Manfredo Sr. did with Pedah. lol

Peter said he became a man on the show. LOL I think he said Tommy was his second daddy on the show. OMG

Since he said he became a man on the show. I think Manfredo Sr. should not be in Pedahs corner no mo'
I have read others say he should get some one else. I agree.

Go up to daddy and say those 2 famous Donald Trump words.

You're Fired!

Posted by Lorizh on 05-30-05 at 05:23 PM
>>I don't see why not keeping
>>his promise is considered "smart".
>>If I said I was
>>going to buy my mother
>>a house with the million
>>dollars championship monies, I would.
>>I mean after all, a
>>house is a good investment
>>if you know what you
>>are doing. Buying fancy cars
>>and all that mumbo jumbo
>>is vain, agreed. Cars depreciate
>>when you drive them off
>>the lot.
>>
>>I don't get it.
>>
>>
>>Doesn't really matter anyway. Maybe his
>>mother was the one who
>>told him not to do
>>it. Who knows.
>
>LOL so this means he has
>to go out and buy
>the first house he sees?
>
>
>He is going to buy a
>big house with the next
>million he gets and then
>he wont have to move
>twice. Maybe he can then
>invest in some realestate in
>the future.
>California homes aint cheap.
>A freakin cardboard box cost about
>335k
>He did the best thing by
>getting a financial advisor and
>I guess they showed him
>a few options. He will
>buy her the house soon
>enough. I bet she aint
>gone to work. I can
>see her now turning in
>her 2 weeks notice
>
>Talkin' bout c-ya!
>
>Mom did a better job of
>raising her sons and making
>men out of them than
>Manfredo Sr. did with Pedah.
>lol
>
>Peter said he became a man
>on the show. LOL I
>think he said Tommy was
>his second daddy on the
>show. OMG
>
>Since he said he became a
>man on the show. I
>think Manfredo Sr. should not
>be in Pedahs corner no
>mo'
>I have read others say he
>should get some one else.
>I agree.
>
>Go up to daddy and say
>those 2 famous Donald Trump
>words.
>
>You're Fired!
>
>

Okay maybe Manfredo Sr. is not a favorite, however, I think that Peter is a class act, never talked about anyone on that show and showed a lot of heart and LOVES his wife and daughter. He only won a quarter of what Sergio won and is buying his wife a house. I don't see where he was raised wrong. I've said before that Sergio is probably a great guy (he seems like he would be) but I too believe he should keep his promise to his Mom, buy her a little house or a condo, it's not for him, it's for his mom. He can buy himself a big house later. He pulled on all of our heartstings with his story of how he was going to make sure his mom didn't have work anymore and he was going to buy her a house, I for one am disappointed he backed out of that, it would have been a great ending.

Posted by Desire on 05-30-05 at 05:43 PM
>Okay maybe Manfredo Sr. is not
>a favorite, however, I think
>that Peter is a class
>act, never talked about anyone
>on that show and showed
>a lot of heart and
>LOVES his wife and daughter.
> He only won a
>quarter of what Sergio won
>and is buying his wife
>a house. I don't see
>where he was raised wrong.
> I've said before that
>Sergio is probably a great
>guy (he seems like he
>would be) but I too
>believe he should keep his
>promise to his Mom, buy
>her a little house or
>a condo, it's not for
>him, it's for his mom.
> He can buy himself
>a big house later.
>He pulled on all of
>our heartstings with his story
>of how he was going
>to make sure his mom
>didn't have work anymore and
>he was going to buy
>her a house, I for
>one am disappointed he backed
>out of that, it would
>have been a great ending.
>

I dont know what nationality you are but Latinos like to stick together. They dont send their parents off alone. To live alone, to die alone in a condo or some retirement home.
It must be the indian in them. When a Latino say he is going to buy his Mother a home this usualy means they are moving in with her. They may not say I love you but the love is there. Actions speak louder than words. (aint nothing like moms home made menudo)

You say that you never seen Peter be bad on the show. Only cus the producers did not show you it.
I can make any one look good or bad with some quick editing.
The way they ploted against Ishe.
The 4 spineless cowards. You think they werent talking about Ishe behind his back? Again Peter became a man on the show. Sergio was already a man when he came onto the show.

LOL @ never talked about anyone on the show *Teehee* Ishe was crucified and they used sergio as their cross. Or the spikes take your pick.

Yes Peter was a saint. I remember reading about him many years ago. Saint Peter.

LMAO

Posted by Lorizh on 05-30-05 at 09:00 PM
>>Okay maybe Manfredo Sr. is not
>>a favorite, however, I think
>>that Peter is a class
>>act, never talked about anyone
>>on that show and showed
>>a lot of heart and
>>LOVES his wife and daughter.
>> He only won a
>>quarter of what Sergio won
>>and is buying his wife
>>a house. I don't see
>>where he was raised wrong.
>> I've said before that
>>Sergio is probably a great
>>guy (he seems like he
>>would be) but I too
>>believe he should keep his
>>promise to his Mom, buy
>>her a little house or
>>a condo, it's not for
>>him, it's for his mom.
>> He can buy himself
>>a big house later.
>>He pulled on all of
>>our heartstings with his story
>>of how he was going
>>to make sure his mom
>>didn't have work anymore and
>>he was going to buy
>>her a house, I for
>>one am disappointed he backed
>>out of that, it would
>>have been a great ending.
>>
>
>I dont know what nationality you
>are but Latinos like to
>stick together. They dont send
>their parents off alone. To
>live alone, to die alone
>in a condo or some
>retirement home.
>It must be the indian in
>them. When a Latino say
>he is going to buy
>his Mother a home this
>usualy means they are moving
>in with her. They may
>not say I love you
>but the love is there.
>Actions speak louder than words.
>(aint nothing like moms home
>made menudo)
>
>You say that you never seen
>Peter be bad on the
>show. Only cus the producers
>did not show you it.
>
>I can make any one look
>good or bad with some
>quick editing.
>The way they ploted against Ishe.
>
>The 4 spineless cowards. You think
>they werent talking about Ishe
>behind his back? Again Peter
>became a man on the
>show. Sergio was already a
>man when he came onto
>the show.
>
>LOL @ never talked about anyone
>on the show *Teehee* Ishe
>was crucified and they used
>sergio as their cross. Or
>the spikes take your pick.
>
>
>Yes Peter was a saint. I
>remember reading about him many
>years ago. Saint Peter.
>
>LMAO

First off, I don't know what nationallity you are, but not all Latino's live with their Moms, that's simply not true. Sergio doesn't live with his mother now does he? Second, you have absolutely positively without a doubt NO IDEA what the producers did and believe me, if in fact Peter did talk about someone, it would have been shown. I like Sergio as a person, but believe me, with fans like you, it makes it harder and harder to like the guy. You don't know Peter or Ishe for that matter. I LOVED Ishe on the show, he tugged at my heart strings too and to tell you the truth I was SHOCKED that they went for Sergio and NOT Ishe in that fight, I thought he killed him. If in fact you are an "insider" then tell me and I will believe what you say. But your rants about Peter and the "four cowards" are just jibberish and rude. You make things up and you should stick to the facts. I was a fan of all of the guys on the show, Sergio not being a favorite in the ring ONLY because I didn't like his tatics, HOWEVER, I liked him in general and was touched by his desire to take care of his mother, which he renigged on, which is a shame because I think it would have made him more likeable to those who already have a low opinion of him. You seem like you just like him because he's Latino and that he can do no wrong, not that I think he did anything wrong, but you should stop talking about things you have no idea about and it's something you just think happened.

So, if you want to be respectful for all the other guys and talk facts only, then I will do the same for Sergio, however, if you are going to call Peter and the others cowards then you are only going to push fans away from Sergio and that would be a shame since we are trying to keep the show going.

Thanks

Posted by mommy2bree on 05-30-05 at 11:20 PM
I don't think it's fair to call any of these athletes "cowards". I sure as heck wouldn't want to get in a ring regularly and have someone else try to break my face. It takes courage to do that. And it takes even MORE courage to do it after you've suffered a loss already. I think if I was boxing, and I ever got beat, I'd be like, that's it...I'm done. Of course, I would probably be that way the first time I got caught with one of those uppercuts. I have nothing but respect for the discipline it takes to be a boxer, and I will not bad mouth any of the guys on the show. I make comments on singular fights, but not on the fighter's character in general, nor do I judge a fighter by those he has in his corner. I'd have to say that there were good and bad things about each and every one of them, and to say otherwise is nuts...no one is perfect...no matter how much you want everyone to believe Sergio is, Desire. And none of these fighters are cowards. Just my honest opinion.

Posted by Desire on 05-31-05 at 02:51 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-31-05 AT 02:52 AM (EST)

END!

Posted by 3twinkles on 06-01-05 at 11:00 AM
I agree with mommy2bree. To call any of these guys cowards after not knowing them personally is not fair. I also don't think it is any of our business how they spend their money. Who cares if he says he is not buying his mom a house right off the bat...he is being careful and not squandering what he has (you know like lottery winners 50% of whom are bankrupt withing 5 years of winning it lol)it is his decision and since I don't personally know his family or him I am guessing as a mom she is proud of him for being careful. He never struck me as someone who was dumb. In fact NONE of the fighters struck me like that. They all struck me as smart guys who wanted a better life for there families whether or not they had kids.

I think all the guys on the show were great and watching the parts of their lives outside of the ring that we were "allowed" to see on "reality" tv lol made me a new fan of boxing so I guess for me the show did it's purpose.

I hope they have updates on all the fighters to see where they are now and what they are doing and how they are doing. One thing I saw on this show is no matter what happened in the ring all these guys seemed to respect each other outside of the ring.

Posted by mtopaz on 06-01-05 at 01:10 PM
I agree - Sergio seems like a very intelligent guy to me. He is well read, and he has goals for his life. Someone said he hired a financial analyst. If that's true, that was a good move and I hope the one he hired does a good job for him. If Sergio doesn't go places in this world, it won't be for lack of trying.

I don't think any of the guys on the show were cowards. The only one I really didn't like was Anthony, but his motivation for his behavior is that he wants to provide for his children. I don't see where being a fan of Sergio means you have to tear down his opponents. Peter stood toe to toe with Mora, and this time Mora came out the winner. Another time, it could be different. They're both fighters, good people, and I hope they both achieve their dreams and goals.

Sig pic by JSlice