URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 303
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"A call to the replay booth"

Posted by dfox on 08-17-00 at 02:49 AM
Haven't the freakin' Navy Seals ever heard of a "briefing"? My God, what was that boy thinking. Rudy said at TC tonight that his Seal alums were all pulling for him to win. I think after tonights showing that they all hope that he'd go fishing and get stung by a ray. He must have been looking down Susan's shirt or something while JP was giving the cast all of the clues for the IC.

Please, somebody who taped this ep, tell me that MB didn't use the same clip of Rudy's infamous quote 3 freakin' times. If he really did answer "I dunno" three times, it would be interesting to see if SeeBS would post his other two answers. If he answered the same for all 5 questions, I'm considering starting a mail-in campaign to revoke his winnings (in the event that he does actually win).

If they are all the same clip, it might tell us how MB is trying to set up the finale. He probably wants everyone to think that Rudy is dumber mud only to see him pull of the most brilliant move in the finale. Just a thought.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Memory loss"
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 08-17-00 at 02:56 AM
In Rudy's defense, poor nutrition has been linked to short-term memory loss, and the effects are more severe when you get older. Rudy need to get off the island and get some square meals! Of course, if you asked Rudy about that, he'd say:

"I dunno."

"This is a case cor Conspiracy JIM..."
Posted by BadAs on 08-17-00 at 03:05 AM
Having not reviewed the VCR tape yet, Being still in shock and amazement of this episode, I Have to think it was editing. I posted something in a rely on this same thing eariler tonight ( 9est)

But going against AK's opinions have not lead me to the promise land. So in hedging, Oh Great Islamic Leader, I have turned my computer towards Meca and have given homage 5 times since the episode appeared!!

Humbled, Dazed & Confused BA

"the real AK ..."
Posted by AyatollahKhomeini on 08-17-00 at 03:10 AM
...didn't have all the answers but thought he did. I don't have all the answers either, but at least I know it.

"RE: A call to the replay booth"
Posted by qwkslvr on 08-17-00 at 03:01 AM
Rudy's been deliberately throwing these challenges.
He doesn't need to knock himself out to get immunity because of the vote rigging of Richard, Sue and himself.

"RE: A call to the replay booth"
Posted by dfox on 08-17-00 at 03:27 AM
Not a safe strategy! Especially with Rich mocking Rudy's "If anybody stabs me in the back ..." speech on tonight's ep.

"Leave the old guy alone"
Posted by zeako on 08-17-00 at 07:24 AM
The guy's old, give him a break. A 30 year old Rudy (or 50 year old for that matter), would blow all the others away in those challenges.

Can you imagine Rich or Sue competing in any of those challenges when they are 72?

"RE: Leave the old guy alone"
Posted by dfox on 08-17-00 at 10:47 AM
Maybe if, as you espouse, we should allow him 30-40 years worth of sympathy then perhaps he should have his "cool mil" paid in 1960's dollars. Or better yet, he can get his ass off of the island via the SS Minnow. "I dunno".

Don't get me wrong. I've been one of the "Rudy Wins" people for a while now. I'm just good-naturedly showing my humiliation for his lame performance last night.

If, as everyone is saying, we should excuse him because of malnutrition causing a loss of brain cells then, if it turns out that he did steal rice, he may redeem himself to me. God, if you're sooooo stupid and can recognize it and then try to do something about it, that's what I call survivin'.

Go Rudy (get that rice).

"I dunno" - Rudy

"RE: Leave the old guy alone"
Posted by zeako on 08-17-00 at 10:51 AM
If you read my post, nowhere do I "espouse" that we give him any sympathy. I was simply taking issue with those who were calling him "dumb" and "stupid".

I'm guessing that Rudy is a mere shadow of his former self. But, that being said, he is still quite an impressive specimen.

"Blair Witch Rudy"
Posted by champagne_supernova on 08-17-00 at 11:47 AM
It didn't seem like editing, but...

"I dunno..."

That Mark Burnett has some tricks up his sleeve!