URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 301
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"New Fall Shows"

Posted by survivorscott on 08-27-04 at 12:23 PM
Which shows do you find interesting enough to watch at least once this fall?
I am looking at Clubhouse and Lost myself

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: New Fall Shows"
Posted by Estee on 08-27-04 at 01:43 PM
Lost, definitely. I gave up on Clubhouse after the 2,498th commercial for it. Anything that's being promoted that heavily has to have something big wrong with it. It's starting to feel like CBS Presents MBL Playmakers.

Beyond that, I'm waiting for the fall preview sections to come out, so I can make my unfair snap judgments from there.

Posted by survivorscott on 08-27-04 at 04:22 PM
the DW is a big Dean Cain fan so she is looking forward to it also

Posted by Bebo on 08-27-04 at 04:45 PM
Lost looks so cool.

I know, just play along.

Posted by survivorscott on 08-28-04 at 00:01 AM
I just hope it doesn't turn into this season's Push Nevada

Posted by SignorVitalis on 08-29-04 at 11:09 AM
I gotta, gotta, gotta see ``Jack & Bobby``.

I hope they'll pass it in here in Canada.

Posted by SignorVitalis on 08-29-04 at 11:09 AM
And Jessica Paré is in there!

Posted by JRome on 08-31-04 at 05:28 PM
Jessica Pare?

I'm looking forward to LIfe as we know it. Premieres on ABC and the promos look really, really cool. Anyone else heard of this? Seems a lot like My So-called Life back in the day.

Posted by realitybites on 09-01-04 at 07:25 AM
"Lost" doesn't hold much interest for me. I'd much prefer they bring back the NBC reality show of the same name.

Anyway, a couple of series look interesting enough to maybe check out:

"Desperate Housewives" - Always good to see Marcia Cross back on the screen (she was, by far, the best thing about "Melrose Place"), and I happen to like Teri Hatcher too.

"LAX" - Partly on principle (it's refreshing to see a drama that's not about cops, lawyers, or doctors), partly the somewhat intriguing premise, and partly the stars (Locklear & Underwood).

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

Posted by JRome on 09-07-04 at 06:20 PM
>"Lost" doesn't hold much interest for
>me. I'd much prefer
>they bring back the NBC
>reality show of the same
>name.
>
>Anyway, a couple of series look
>interesting enough to maybe check
>out:
>
>"Desperate Housewives" - Always good to
>see Marcia Cross back on
>the screen (she was, by
>far, the best thing about
>"Melrose Place"), and I happen
>to like Teri Hatcher too.
>
>
>"LAX" - Partly on principle (it's
>refreshing to see a drama
>that's not about cops, lawyers,
>or doctors), partly the somewhat
>intriguing premise, and partly the
>stars (Locklear & Underwood).
>
>"This is realitybites and
>I approved this post."

Speaking of Melrose Place, I recently read that not only is Marcia Cross starring in Desperate Housewives but the writers from Melrose are also the writers for this show. Should be some good drama!

As for LAX, I might check it out. The only appealing thing about this show is Locklear though.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 09-01-04 at 05:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-04 AT 05:47 PM (EST)

We're talking scripted shows here, right?

Definitely Lost. Beyond that maybe Clubhouse, Jack & Bobby, and Boston Legal (assuming that last one even counts as a new show.)

Maybe its just me, but there really isn't a heck of a lot of new scripted shows that look particularly compelling to me, including not a single sitcom. It's hard to get excited about a 3rd CSI, 4th Law & Order, or billionth takeoff of the procedural drama. *YAWN* ...yet the writers guild, etc. blame the NETWORKS for the growth of reality programming -- maybe they should look in the mirror instead.

Posted by amea_gari on 10-13-04 at 02:14 AM
".yet the writers guild, etc. blame the NETWORKS for the growth of reality programming -- maybe they should look in the mirror instead."

Well, that'd be a good point, except for the fact that what you see on TV is a fraction of what is made, and what is made is a FRACTION of what is written and pitched. There are a ton of wonderful ideas, scripts, and even pilots that never make it to TV, unfortunately. The networks go with what is safe, they want ratings, and that comes over quality. This isn't news to any of us.

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 09-03-04 at 07:22 AM
None of them. Most of the new reality shows I'm out on as well, with the possible exception of Benefactor, which I'll at least give a shot.

Posted by buckeyegirl on 09-03-04 at 01:29 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Lost, Joey and CSI: NY.
I was going to watch Clubhouse, to see how the actress who played Belle on Days of Our lives does on primetime tv, but as someone mentioned above, all the commericals during the Olympics made me tired of the show before it even began. The same thing happened for me with ED during the Olympics in Sydney.

Handcrafted by RollDdice! The fellowship has begun...

Posted by JRome on 09-08-04 at 06:51 PM
I just picked up the Entertainment Weekly with all the fall premiere reviews and they voted Lost the best show of the new season. So I will now give that one a try.

buckeyegirl, I hear ya about ED during the Sydney olympics -- sometimes you just get turned off by too many promos, esp if they're not good promos...

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 09-10-04 at 10:45 AM
>I was going to watch Clubhouse, to see how the actress
>who played Belle on Days of Our lives does on
>primetime tv, but as someone mentioned above, all the commericals
>during the Olympics made me tired of the show before
>it even began.

NBC was running commercials for a CBS show during the Olympics?

Posted by weltek on 09-09-04 at 11:43 AM
For some reason Lost doesn't do it for me. I might check out the first episode though. I heard a guy from TV guide on an interview today really hyping it. I think Clubhouse sounds like a real snoozer.

I want to check out LAX, Desperate Housewives, and I might check out Medical Investigation because I really like Neal McDonough. I miss Boomtown.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Loree on 09-10-04 at 01:35 PM
I like Neal McDonough too. So I watched Medical Investiagation. And Y&R had an episode where the characters were watching the baseball team from The Clubhouse as a cross promotion. I hear they will have the Clubhouse guys watching Y&R in a show this season too.

Posted by Sweater_Puffs on 09-11-04 at 01:21 AM
Desperate Housewives / Benefactor.

Posted by jack_bauer on 09-11-04 at 03:41 PM
Lost - because it's by Alias creator JJ Abrams
and CSI:NY
True story - two years ago when CSI:Miami premiered with "Won't Get Fooled Again" as its theme song, and I realized that both CSI shows used songs by The Who as their themes, I said, "What's next, a spinoff with 'Teenage Wasteland' as the theme?"
Two or three nights ago, I hear 'Teenage Wasteland' on the TV and look up - lo and behold, an ad for CSI:NY.
Also, anyone see the premiere of Hawaii last week? I'm intrigued because I think Michael Biehn is a good actor, and I also enjoy Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa, who hasn't been seen for a while.

Posted by bondt007 on 09-15-04 at 04:10 PM

Lost - here is a link... looks good -

http://lost-tv.com/

I'm out on 24... done with it, just like CSI

posting forever despite my DAWness

Posted by munson on 09-19-04 at 09:16 PM
It seems if it's not Reality or sports, just don't have the time. And nothing seems to grab my attention anyway.

This fall I have 2nd season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, 3rd season of Coupling, only season of K Street, only season of V (waiting for the depths of winter to start this 70's classic!) and 1st season of Northern Exposure lined up by the DVD. First 3 seasons of Seinfeld are due later in the year, too. Throw in a little "24" and who has time for TV?

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 09-23-04 at 05:42 PM
I have time for TV!
I am kind of a sci-fi nerd, so I am looking forward to a mini-series called Earthsea this winter.
Has anyone heard of this show?

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 09-24-04 at 05:14 PM
>I have time for TV! I am kind of a sci-fi
>nerd, so I am looking forward to a mini-series called
>Earthsea this winter.

I heard of it, but I don't think it's going to be anoher "Taken" -- or even another "Battlestar Galactica"

"RE: SF Shows"
Posted by Swami on 09-27-04 at 12:38 PM
Oh darn! But then I couldn't get into the Earthsea book (books?) either so I am not surprised.

I'm looking forward to the Peacekeeper Wars mini series in October! Crighton & Aeryn are so not dead! And it looks like all (or at least most) of my favorite characters are back.

I also still have hopes that Battlestar Galactica can survive & evolve into another good series to replace my StarGate addiction. I am so going to miss StarGate when it ends!

"It's not the voting that's democracy; it's the counting." --Josef Stalin

Posted by HuckleberryHound on 09-27-04 at 04:11 PM
"I heard of it, but I don't think it's going to be anoher "Taken" -- or even another "Battlestar Galactica"

What makes you say this? I think Sci-Fi puts out some great shows, and this will be another...

Posted by Swami on 09-27-04 at 04:44 PM
Hello, HuckleberryHound. Webby is always right about SciFi. It's a Gift.

"Clubhouse"
Posted by blacknwhitedog on 09-26-04 at 09:31 PM
Was a stinker. Lame story line. Should have known- it's an Aaron Spelling show.

Dean Cain looks good though

"RE: Clubhouse"
Posted by munson on 09-26-04 at 11:09 PM
OK, so I lied in my previous post. I, too, caught the debut of Clubhouse and must say I liked it! It sucked me right in. I have a weakness for sports themed shows (Sports Night, come back!) and Mare Winningham so there you go.

"Boston Legal"
Posted by Swami on 09-29-04 at 10:20 AM
I've seen a few previews for this show, which looks to be an over-the-top comedy. Normally I don't go for comedies but I love William Shatner and I think he's a hoot in those Priceline commercials he does with Leonard Nimoy. I will give this show a try.

I also like the guy who is starring with him--just can't think of his name.

"RE: Boston Legal"
Posted by HuckleberryHound on 09-29-04 at 12:31 PM
For those interested, and I know that is not all of you, the Sci-Fi channel announced the final dates for its mini-series Earthsea:

"Sci Fi has slated its much-hyped four-hour mini-series for Monday, December 13 and Tuesday, December 14, both at 9:00/8:00c"

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 09-29-04 at 01:45 PM
James Spader maybe?

Is William Shatner a regular cast member or a guest star?

Posted by Swami on 09-30-04 at 10:51 AM
From the promos, he appears to be one of the stars. And with the Shatner ego I doubt if he would settle for a supporting role.

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 09-30-04 at 10:53 AM
in the previews they say

parental discretion, yatta, yatta, partial nudity...

OMH! they don't mean Shatner do they?

Posted by Swami on 09-30-04 at 11:53 AM
LOL!!!
In that case, I may reconsider my desire to watch this thing. Unless they can digitally insert Shatner's body from the 60s. They can do that, can't they?

Posted by Loree on 10-04-04 at 03:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-04 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

Well it wasn't Shatner that went bottomless.

I liked this show. But then I have a weakness for Mark Valley.

"House"
Posted by brom on 11-17-04 at 07:33 PM
Did any one see last night episode? I like what I saw. Usually i feel that shows try to hard to impress with thier first episode ,but this one felt natural.