URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID55
Thread Number: 300
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"JS #3 Episode #3: take the field."

Posted by Estee on 01-16-13 at 08:27 AM
I still say challenge karma came looking for Matt and missed.

Up until the elimination ceremony (and how do you get a beaver to urinate on cue? Did the F/X department find something to do?), the comedy was lower-key and the editing was in desperation mode. Must -- create -- drama! It's a minor cut to the bridge of the nose, but it could derail the whole show! Oh, no: what if someone at the emergency room can read our minds? Chase, you're not allowed to mention what you're on! Or why you're there! Or what your host looks like! And then passeth the crisis, as we knew it would, taking a big chunk of episode with it.

There were a couple of giggles last night: Chase proving that you can't make a conversation out of 'Like', 'You know', and 'Um' might have been the highlight, closely followed by his challenge impotence when the first alert found him handcuffed. And his worries about his alliance are comedic mainly because he's one of the few people in genre history who can have the producers openly plot to tear it apart.

The lack of actor prep is really starting to bother me. Over a year to plan, and Ralph never read up on how real bounty hunters operate? No one has any idea how long it takes to get through med school? Sure, it's a full-time improv session, but having that base to build on will save your life. How long are the character backgrounds, one page? One sentence?

Things need to become more awkward, sure. But right now, that mostly seems to be for the cast.

Worst job on the set: having to pose as Lady Justice. Hope the nights are warm.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: JS #3 Episode #3: take the field."
Posted by agman on 01-16-13 at 03:17 PM
I just couldn't believe the girl stumbling over her medical school and college history! I was surprised he didn't catch on a bit!

spelled out by Tribe

"RE: JS #3 Episode #3: take the field."
Posted by Loree on 01-17-13 at 01:43 PM
Yes, I couldn't believe Ralph stumbled so much over the questions about being a bounty hunter. Did he do no research at all?

I heard that the beaver peeing was not planned and they just adlibbed and went with it.