URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID114
Thread Number: 3
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Meet the Kids"

Posted by dabo on 09-04-07 at 00:36 AM
CBS show site here:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/kid_nation/

Jared looks like a real troublemaker.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Meet the Kids"
Posted by Snidget on 09-04-07 at 05:48 AM
*checks Jarad's Bio*

What world leader do you admire?
President Bush
What have you learned about power?
Most people are undeserving of having power.

My irony meter broke.

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 09-05-07 at 00:31 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-07 AT 00:34 AM (EST)

They pushed TAR aside for THIS? Sheesh, this makes The Scholar look like, well, TAR.

Hat tip to Laura Ingraham for pointing out how mixed up these kids are.

Presenting Che Guevara, Jr.

An embarrassment to Reno. He loves Algore's book, but can't even get the title right.

"I think the pollution is not only changing our physical world, but it’s making people and animals emotionally sick." No, I think I'm now emotionally sick.

This kid knows how to make the world better: by emulating a Seattle Seahawk! (At least pick Shaun Alexander or someone else we've heard of.)

Even the Christian kids are a mess: "Another world leader I admire is Amy Grant because she also helps people fulfill their dreams whether financially rich or poor." Not to mention how to sing Christian pabulum about love and fidelity, get divorced, uproot your kids, and make more babies with a country star.

How many of them DON'T think Dubya was the worst president? Or that Washington was the best (wasn't it once uncool to think one of our Dead White Founding Fathers was a great president)? Or that man-made global warming might be bunk? Nice groupthink, there. Yes, I see there are a few token semi-conservatives. Fortunately, I hardly think this is the best and brightest of our school-age population; this is just a bunch of DAWkids.

Finally, SeeBeeSss let these kids design their pages themselves. Some, like this one, are incredibly difficult to read.

I have now given this dreck more attention than it deserves.

You've been warned, so don't complain.
I see they're already casting for Kid Nation 2. When you assume . . .

Posted by dabo on 09-05-07 at 00:34 AM
Kudos, Cyg! You seem to have crashed their site, at least for the night.

Posted by mattben on 09-09-07 at 08:26 PM
Just for fun and because it could be interesting, I self-declare to write the first episode's Official Summary so I can get into the Survivor pool before that show gets cancelled.

Should be fun.

"Yer Up!"
Posted by dabo on 09-19-07 at 01:32 AM
Don't know if I'll get to see the show tonight so give us a goodun!

Posted by Agman2 on 03-06-15 at 07:22 PM
Mattben, whassup

Posted by mikey on 09-17-07 at 02:18 PM
Can we cut an 8-year old a break? Of course not, these kids are taking up valuable broadcast space that rightly belongs to TAR. So without furher ado...from Jimmy:

"Why are some people rich and others poor?
Some people are smart and get jobs that pay a lot of money. Some people are poor because they don't pay their taxes and the government takes all of their stuff."

"What world leader do you admire?
President Bush."

For summarizing the Bush view of the economy so succintly, I will henceforth be referring to this fine lad as "Jimmy Bush."

Posted by Agman2 on 01-15-16 at 05:09 PM
Mikey will eat it, he eats anything.

Posted by foonermints on 09-17-07 at 08:54 PM
»Apply to Join Kid Nation 2« ?!

Where they be a goin' to hold this one w'out any pesky child labor laws? The captain here can scout out something around the Aleutians. P'raps a nice anonymous archipelago thereabouts with some old abandoned camps.

RUM! I must have 'e more RUM!

Posted by rockdog on 09-20-07 at 12:42 PM
At first I thought it was a Leif Garrett camp.

What is with the hair on some of the boys?