URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 2999
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Merger Color .."

Posted by PhillyBrat on 09-20-02 at 03:16 PM
I found this very interesting... But when you go to the survivor store, you have 3 options of getting buffs (or bandannas..) Red, Purple or ORANGE...

Hey at least its another color to look for now...

And then there were none....

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Merger Color .."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-20-02 at 03:39 PM
I went back and checked the tape again... when the Chewy Toy (red) team were approaching their side of the island, Ghandia said "when I saw the orange on the island, I was like OMG (click), this is my tribe, yadda yadda yadda."

Surely Ghandia can tell the difference between red and orange, she's not a colour-blind bull... so there's an orange connection somewhere.

I think we've seen a vidcap pointed out elsewhere where it seems that Duuuude was wearing a yellowish buff -- that might be the merge colour, but it would be really hard for me to buy into MB letting us have a peek at the merged colour a few weeks too early.

Posted by Kokoro on 09-20-02 at 03:47 PM
Yep - CBS calls the very very red colour "Burnt Orange", so I guess that's where the confusion is coming from.

Though if you look at their site, there ~is~ a picture of a very orange bandana:

Would they make the colours Orange, Purple and Orange though?

I'm thinking it's more like this gold/tea-ish colour, but I also doubt there would be a huge screw up like this in the opening credits (plus we've seen other bandanas - black, grey - these people just seem to love accessorizing).

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Posted by Naked on 09-22-02 at 03:38 PM
Burnt Orange...

This also happens to be the school colors of the University of TEXAS

If they let the "Ambassadors" pick the merge color, I would assume that one of the Texans is going to be the ammbassador.

Posted by pancho on 10-27-02 at 12:19 PM
That orange bandana has nothing to do with the merge color. If you click on the link you will see that it is just the CBS version of the CG buff.

The picture with the three colors is actually the CG buff, the SJ buff and a CG bandana.
pancho

Posted by toddE on 10-28-02 at 05:05 PM
I guess we'll soon see. Robb's tan buff was long ago revealed to be a trick.

The thing I wonder about is: That burnt-orange and regular pumpkin orange are clearly not the same color.

Posted by pancho on 10-28-02 at 08:39 PM
The purple bandana and the purple buff are not the same color either. In fact the pictures on the top row appear to be digital representations of the buffs and bandanas, not pictures of them. The picture on the bottom with the one orange bandana and the two buffs looks like a digital rep. also. Then look at the picture on the bottom of the buffs. Looks more like a picture to me.

The only thing that these pictures have to do with the merge color is that its in there as one of the complement colors. I like the gold idea. There is no way that the merge color would be on the cbs site for weeks.
Hey, maybe those painted teams compete and the winners colors are the new merge color? They could pick the new name also.
pancho
Posted by Spidey on 09-20-02 at 04:01 PM
>
>I think we've seen a vidcap
>pointed out elsewhere where it
>seems that Duuuude was wearing
>a yellowish buff -- that
>might be the merge colour,
>but it would be really
>hard for me to buy
>into MB letting us have
>a peek at the merged
>colour a few weeks too
>early.

It is also really hard for me to buy that Duuuude makes the merge.

Posted by Dilemma on 09-23-02 at 01:12 AM
http://www.realiiity.com/cgi-bin/forums/forums.cgi?post=72674

I'd just like to point out this link from over at surviiivor.com. Quite an interesting post.

Posted by PhillyBrat on 10-25-02 at 07:59 AM
Thought I should bump this one up..

Does anyone have caps of the flags of their last challange? Could one of them have possably be their merger color.. Any thoughts.

And then there were none....

"We go through this every season"
Posted by bergdogg on 10-26-02 at 05:20 AM
The merge color is orange. Well, no duh. We knew this already, and this same thing happened last year, when about 5 different people opened up new threads saying: "I found out what the merge color is!!" like it was some big f'n surprise to us, or something. If you go onto the CBS site and take a look at it, you will notice that they usually have the buffs for purchase, with a choice of THREE colors. So, hmm, if two of the colors are being used, I wonder what that third unused color is. If you don't believe me, here is the link:

http://store.cbs.com/survivor5/index.php

Anywho, if I sound cranky, that is because I am. I just woke up, can't get back to sleep, so I came here. So I apologize if I hurt any feelings, but at this exact moment, I am too tired to be worrying about others. Have a good day/afternoon/evening/late night.

"This, unfortunately, is the high point of my day" - Lester Burnham

"RE: We go through this every season"
Posted by corcam on 10-26-02 at 11:44 AM
Actually I thought it interesting the 1 flag that Erin went and got during one of the rounds.. it had the classic Survivor symbol and outwit outplat outlast and some tan looking color with orange included that of course looks like the color adjusted buff that Robb is wearing the the pic above.... of course this is nothing new we were all specualting this at the beginning of the show

Posted by survivormitsx on 10-26-02 at 02:05 PM
Here's what I think the merger color is...ITS PURDY!

If your happy and you know it, Do the Cooper dance!!

Posted by AZ_Leo on 10-28-02 at 03:57 PM
If you try to select a color in the drop down lists for ordering the only choices are Burnt Orange and Purple. If they ever had a third color it's gone now.

http://store.cbs.com/survivor5/item.php?id=buffs&itemID=8138