URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 2996
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What Not To Wear"

Posted by Bebo on 03-24-05 at 08:55 AM
Since Estee started the letter writing campaign, I'd like to add my own letter.

Dear Mr. Burnett,

With your dominance of the reality show market courtesy of "Survivor" and "The Apprentice", you can be given credit for having many skills. However, fashion design is not one of them. I don't care how many different seasons you try to set a new trend, you will not be ushering in the manskirt as a hot fashion item.

The sewing materials were an interesting reward in the Pearl Islands, but when Rupert was the main model for the skirt, that should have set off warning bells in your head. Although Rupert was so popular that the masses cheered your throwing a million dollars at him, they would never treat the man as a fashion icon. Cmon, his main wardrobe item was tie-dyed.

And I appreciate what you were trying to do with this season's reward. After all, Kim and Steph aren't ugly, and Angie did need some more fabric to reduce your needs for the fuzzy edits. But haven't you realized by now that since the men can't sew, they're just going to wrap themselves in bales of fabric and call it a skirt. Yes, it was a relief to have James cover himself up, but he killed any hopes of your adding the Official Survivor Manskirt to the sales catalog.

So please, go back to utilizing your skills as a contestant torturer, and let the manskirt die the quiet death it deserves.

Thanks,

Beebs

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What Not To Wear"
Posted by J Slice on 03-24-05 at 09:05 AM
Or at least offer already-completed kilts as a reward.

Skirts for all!

If someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!

Posted by Estee on 03-24-05 at 09:10 AM
P.S. When you show James in the final episode, please blur his rear. Also his front, his face, and if you could electronically distort his voice, that's fine. Completle digital removal from the screen works too.

Posted by J Slice on 03-24-05 at 09:24 AM
If possible, reinsert someone more loveable. Like Bugs Bunny. Everyone loves Bugs.

Use of Rupert in place of James may result in the kidnapping of ChenBot 3000.

Posted by true on 03-24-05 at 10:06 AM
Couldn't agree more!

Instead of the lame fabric/sewing kit reward, how about some HOT swimwear. Something pleasing to look at would be a nice reward for the loyal audience as well. I hate to feel like I'm being tortured when I watch this show!

Posted by Bebo on 03-24-05 at 10:09 AM
OK, I thought I was pissed at TAR's Gretchen for her ill-timed menage a trois comment, but you're on my list now too, girly.

Could someone please help me erase the mental picture of James in a tankini?

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

Posted by Breezy on 03-24-05 at 10:45 AM
James in a teeny Speedo.

Did that help?

Posted by Dakota on 03-24-05 at 12:25 PM
If only Katie was on Ulong, she could have whipped up an entire wardrobe for the entire tribe. Who knew she could make belts, scarves and thongs out of twine? And how many guys were found with their mouths hanging open thinking about what that girl could do with a little bit of rope?

Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

Posted by ginger on 03-24-05 at 12:51 PM
Shall I make you a thong?

I'm so crafty.

Posted by Estee on 03-24-05 at 12:53 PM
It's almost as if you were Wickedly Perfect or something!

(But how are you with ribbon flowers?)

Posted by Dakota on 03-24-05 at 03:20 PM
Coby is waiting for his new thong with a ribbon flower up front, Katie.
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW