URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 299
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Who wins?"

Posted by survivorscott on 06-21-06 at 06:41 PM
Of course not based on actual talent, but on the fact that NBC could possibly maybe one day who knows try and make a show out of them?

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Who wins?"
Posted by geekboy on 06-22-06 at 08:26 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-22-06 AT 08:27 AM (EST)

This is easy. Josh will win the season. Now let me explain before you all jump to conclusions ...

Yes, he has a disability, and that will give him somewhat of an edge w/ the so-called 'sympathy' vote. But beyond that, the guy is simply hilarious. He is also fast with a comeback (improv) as seen in the heckling segment, so he has that natural comedic edge.

I think the guy is great. He makes me laugh everytime he is on the stage. I think he's the funniest one there. Nobody could beat him in a head-to-head, period. Can you say that for anyone else?

geekboy

Posted by Sydney Rain on 06-22-06 at 11:16 AM
Totally agree Josh Blue will triumph. I've worked with folks who have CP and have some sense of the challenges. This guy has balls enough to get onstage and be funny, PLUS he plays soccer in the Paralympics. I'm normal, whatever that is, & I could never do either of those things. Aside from Josh, LCS is BORING this time around -- I'll keep watching just for him. And what is with these women who have such huge egos they think they can go by one name? "STELLA" . . . "ROZ" . . . Huh? Cher only got to be "CHER" after paying her dues as Cher Bono for a long time. It's the audience who bestows the right to call yourself by a single name, girls. And as an audience member, I don't see that in the future for either of you.

Posted by geekboy on 06-22-06 at 02:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-22-06 AT 07:46 PM (EST)

The only two i've liked since the audition were Josh and Chris Porter, and i think they were the best of the competition w/ heckling.

The only other guy that is growing on me is Joey Gay. I _hated_ him in the auditions, but for some reason, he's growing on me. I usually hate "loud" comics, but he is funny.

Michelle Balan also gained some respect with her head-to-head routine and the heckling competition The others....eh....

geekboy

Posted by LittleFox on 06-22-06 at 05:15 PM
hehe! I just posted those exact sentiments in the other thread:

"The thing about Josh - is his ability to make fun of himself!! He is darned funny on his own- but to be able to get on stage like that with an obvious disability and laugh at yourself, let alone allow someone else to heckle you and your diability and turn it all around into another joke....man that boy impresses the heck outta me! I'm a normal healthy person, and I couldn't get up there and make fun of myself if my life depended on it! He is inspiring and hilarious! Yep, I vote for Josh to win all the way!"

But as far a a tv series.......hmmmm I could see a Michelle centered show about life in NY...........or Chris Porter has potential playing a nerd on a show.........but I still think Josh could do his own show too!

<>