URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID48
Thread Number: 298
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Episode 9/15 - SPOILERS"

Posted by sbeck on 09-15-03 at 10:13 PM
Spoiler Alert! I am putting in some filler so that the West Coasters have not yet seen tonight's most wonderful episode of Paradise Hotel. It is such an interesting show with many twists (LOL).

Okay, reader's digest version:
Scott says Dave is sneaky, Dave apologizes for a misstep in strategic thinking. (Later, Scott says he wants Charla gone, and then goes to talk to Charla. Hmm, now who's sneaky?)

The girls had to cook lunch for the guys of Paradise, and they are pathetic cooks, especially Amy, who was licking the bowl, the spoon, and her fingers. No wonder her body has expanded like a sponge in water this summer.

More of the originals getting together, and the Charbies getting together. Amy goes psycho crying that all her friends are gone and she's a winner and doesn't need to prove it any more.

The guests need to fill out a survey listing their rivals and their allies. They head to elimination. Desiree chooses Tom; Amy chooses Beau; after a weird little strut, Melanie chooses Dave, in an effort to kick off Charla; Holly chooses Scott; Charla chooses Dave; Tara chooses Keith. Dave, of course chooses Charla, sending Melanie packing. Amanda announces the shocking twist that Melanie won't be the only one going home. She must reveal her rival (Charla, who kicked her out 2 months prior) and her allies (Amy and Desiree). She must send home an ally. In an oh-so-heartwrenching Foni-like move, Desiree makes the choice to save Baby girl Amy.

Beau, Tom, and Amy discuss how it's always the good guys who leave.

After Holly scolds Scott for hanging out with Dave, Tara, and Keith, Scott is an a$$ to Holly because she didn't ask how he felt about Melanie's leaving. but he didn't say Melanie, he described her as "girl with a heart as big as this place" who is wonderful, intelligent, etc., and then gets more pissed at Holly because she says, in a mix of exasperation and sarcasm, something like "well, Scott, I'm sorry you'd rather have her here than me. Sorry it worked out that way."

I kind of feel sorry for Holly, but I hope this helps to break up the originals alliance.

Here's hoping that anyone but Dave or Keith goes home Wednesday!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Episode 9/15 - SPOILERS"
Posted by evian on 09-15-03 at 10:18 PM
good spoiler recap however, I take exception to Scott's question to Holly. He was hoping that Holly would have the grace to make some mention that Melanie had done what she had done so save Scott and Hollys feelings. The mere idea that Holly cannot grasp Melanie's charitable actions shows how shallow Holly is. This is what Scott is thinking and he is stuck with this ameoba for the rest of his stay.

"Best line of the night...."
Posted by EnglProf on 09-15-03 at 10:21 PM
Charla: "Why do I get the feeling that the more people who hate me, the more God loves me?"

Damn straight, girl. God and everybody else!

"RE: Best line of the night...."
Posted by sbeck on 09-15-03 at 10:28 PM
Yep, and that includes the producers. I think tonight's episode demonstrated that this show is rigged more than Joe Millionaire, but I don't care. As long as two of the Charbies win, I'm happy!

"No kidding!"
Posted by true on 09-15-03 at 10:51 PM
It was so obvious that the producers just waited to see how the cards were filled out, before they decided how the second girl would be eliminated.(I'm not complaining. )

The only thing that would have been better (IMO) would have been if Melanie had to choose the person who put her down as a rival to go, and that person turned out to be Holly! Charla and Tara would have saved themselves by listing Melanie as an ally. I'll take this outcome though. Hopefully next week, they continue to fix the show so the Barbies remain. Honestly, the way they edit these people, it's obvious they are painting the "originals" in the worst possible way (not that it's to hard to do), and making the Barbies look almost saint-like.

Posted by sbeck on 09-15-03 at 10:26 PM
That's true; I guess since I heard Melanie say she chose Dave only in the hopes of having Charla thrown out, I saw it differently. I do agree that Holly should have asked how he felt, even if she were inwardly gloating. I suspect, though, that Holly figured that Melanie only chose Dave to kick off Charla, too, or because she knew that Scott would choose her (Holly) over Melanie and didn't want the humiliation of being rejected. But I do agree that Holly is shallow.

Posted by Lahela on 09-16-03 at 12:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-03 AT 12:16 PM (EST)

See..I disagree. I think Holly should have just kept her mouth shut and not brought it up for the millionth time. Scott was obviously upset at Melanie leaving and Holly just shouldn't have said anything at all. if she honestly felt the urge to open her big fat mouth, she should have at least said Sorry your friend Melanie had to go and left it at that. There really was no reason to ask Scott how he felt cause he wasn't making a big deal out of it until Holly started whining yet again that he doesn't spend enough time with her. PLEASE!! The first 2 weeks she was there he was ONLY with her. She was by his side 24/7...literally. Give him a freaking break. He wasn't expecting to see Melanie back and he has some feelings for her that he had put aside and started feeling for Holly. But Holly's jealousy (yes..she is jealous, I don't care how much she lies and says she's not) started getting to Scott and I don't blame him. He openly chose Holly in front of everyone and she should have left it at that instead of going on and on at how he needs to be with her all the time and blah blah blah. The beotch needs to go! I don't feel sorry for her at all. The two of them aren't going to be together after this anyway. He's 30 and lives in Chicago(or a suburb of Chicago anyway), she's 24 and lives in Pennsylvania. A long distance thing between the two of them would never work and we know Scott wouldn't uproot for her. This is a summer fling and Holly needs to get a clue. Now Melanie was like 31 but she is from CA, so that wouldn't have worked either.

Posted by nanrabbit on 09-15-03 at 10:27 PM
I think that Holly is jealous even though she does not admit it. She watched the show before coming on so she knows about Scott and Melanie. I do find that what they show of Scott and Holly lately seems to be a lot of arguing and they probably do not show the parts where they really get along (if they do). But they will show that they seem to be quite intimate with each other. She usually is cuddling with him and Scott does not seem to mind. But he sure jumped quick when Melanie came to cuddle with him!! It seemed like he did not want to be caught by his girlfriend.

Posted by evian on 09-15-03 at 10:31 PM
Scott does not reject Holly sexually, however, do you notice in the clips Holly is always on top and Scott's hands are by his side? Not very active my man!

"RE: Scott uncomfortable with Melanie"
Posted by RollDdice on 09-16-03 at 02:06 AM
>She (Holly) usually is cuddling with
>him and Scott does not
>seem to mind. But he
>sure jumped quick when Melanie
>came to cuddle with him!!
>It seemed like he did
>not want to be caught
>by his girlfriend.

Well, Melanie moving over to "cuddle" with Scott in the mid-afternoon was about as comfortable as Hannibal Lecter hitting on Clarice in "Silence of the Lambs".

Unlike some others who could be named, Scott does not like unnecessary confrontation.

(There was also the possibilty raised on these boards that Scott is more attracted to Pointers than Setters ... hmmm.)

"RollDDice is on a Roll today"
Posted by Angelfood on 09-16-03 at 05:12 PM
Dang!
You on a "roll" today.
I just read "manipulated" and the zacka$$ pic you sent earlier, but the Hannibal reference just takes the cake, Angelfood that is. Whoa, ok, I've gotten corny now, gotta stop. Need sleep.

Please consider co-writing the reviews with me. You funny.

"RE: RollDDice is on a Roll today"
Posted by RollDdice on 09-16-03 at 05:37 PM
It would be my pleasure. Let me know what you'd like to do.

In the meantime, get some rest. (Just don't cuddle with Scott. He doesn't like that.)

Posted by CantStandToLook on 09-15-03 at 11:48 PM
Scott made his bed and now he has to lie with the snake in it. I agree it was pretty shallow of Holly not to even care what Scott thought about Melanies departure. However, it had pretty much already been decided at Pandoras Box last week so maybe she figured it was no big deal.

Dave did get busted telling Matt to saw that he trusted Scott the most. Interesting that Matt went right back to Scott with that information. Maybe there was more to Matt not coming back than what we think (him saying he didn't want to come back) or maybe there were some sour grapes afterwards...speculate that.

They never did explain Keith staying in his room almost the whole show. This man has no fear when it comes to the OriginHo's so I wonder if he was ill or what?

Deperatee definitely had no choice but to fall on the sword and try to make it look good in true Foni fashion. There was no way Melanie was taking out Amy but I bet if she had a chance to kick Holly over the cliff first...boom, she'd been gone.

Scott once again showed his seeming lack to care for anyone on the show. Whatever he's playing at, we dont get it. He's had his shot with most of the women at the hotel and rejected them all except Golly but doesn't seem like he cares too much about her either. And if his name started with a Z, I'd imagine that there was some hot sex after that little spat about "I'm sorry your'e stuck with me" comment. BUT, this is Scott and we all know he plays for the other team.

Ok enough ranting....back to the show.

Posted by true on 09-15-03 at 11:55 PM
I wonder if he was ill or what?

Yeah, the eventually mentioned that he was sick.

Posted by sbeck on 09-16-03 at 00:00 AM
There's got to be more to Scott. We all know how this has been edited more than Hayek's last book, so I'm sure that Scott's behavior is meant to seem somewhat enigmatic. However, I wish I knew why his relationship with Holly seems to have so many ups and downs!

Posted by Lahela on 09-16-03 at 12:29 PM
Right after the girls made lunch for the guys they showed Tara taking Keith a peanut butter and jelly sandwich because he was sick! ;)

Posted by RollDdice on 09-16-03 at 01:53 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-03 AT 01:20 PM (EST)

What makes Holly an idiot is all she had to say was something -- anything-- nice about Melanie's "sacrifice" and she would have been in solid with Scott. Instead she starts that "Do you like her better than me" crap.

Get a grip Hollow Holly, the girl's gone. It wouldn't have killed you to think about someone else for five seconds.

And what's up with that poisoning/cooking? Amy just brought PH's food rating down to a "D" (and that's in Mexico... the home of "Montezuma's Revenge"!)

Posted by Loree on 09-16-03 at 06:46 PM
I have no sympathy for Holly. She was the deciding vote that kept Melanie. Then all she did was act jealous when she was there. But she kept denying she was jealous. She is pushing Scott away. He would boot her if he didn't think he needs her to win the final couple thing.

Posted by sharking49 on 09-15-03 at 10:30 PM
Ok--What I do not understand about Scott---is he keeps asking Holly certain questions and he is usually 100% against her answers. So if he feels this way----then why the HECK don't he choose a different bedmate at bedroom selections??? HMMMM

Posted by sbeck on 09-15-03 at 10:35 PM
LOL, totally agree with sharking49 and evian!

Looks like Scott and Holly are going to Bennifer-land soon.

Posted by nanrabbit on 09-15-03 at 10:37 PM
The man is not crazy to reject a willing partner...it does seem that he did not get too much action before Holly showed up. He did reject Charla though. I guess Holly has a couple of good assets!! Hmmmmm

Posted by evian on 09-15-03 at 10:38 PM
why buy the milk....

Posted by The Jman on 09-15-03 at 10:41 PM
Great recap! I hope that on Wed Tom has to leave,and if I could put my own twist on it,it wold be that Tom would have to pick someone that was on the boat trip with him to leave.

This would leave Keith and Dave! How cool would that be!!

Posted by sbeck on 09-15-03 at 11:01 PM
Aww, thanks. It's not as creative as RolltheDice and Shakes, but I figured the Reader's Digest version would do in a pinch. Besides, I love hearing everyone else's thoughts on this show. Can't wait till Wednesday! I guess I want Beau gone next. Yeah. Then Amy will have no one

Posted by RollDdice on 09-16-03 at 01:15 PM
sbeck wrote: Aww, thanks. It's not as creative as RolltheDice and Shakes, but I figured the Reader's Digest version would do in a pinch.
------------------------------------------
sbeck, thanks for the shout out. I was thinking about doing a Farewell Speech for Melanie and Desperado, but it was such a non-event that I can't get too fired up about it.

Unlike FUX, I don't really want to ride this right into the ground! LOL

Posted by ginger on 09-16-03 at 02:07 PM
Because Amanda has yet to offer him the opportunity to choose Beau for a roommate.

>

Posted by lroy on 09-15-03 at 10:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-03 AT 00:51 AM (EST)

Sbeck!! You are a left coasters bestest friend!! thank you SO much for writing this up. i was contemplating missing this episode out of disgust and fear. FUX at nine, here i come!

~lroy

Edited to correct sbeck's name, i have a friend with the initials SB and i put her name in there... Sorry!

Posted by Lisapooh on 09-15-03 at 11:08 PM
Why didn't Desiree just choose Keith or Dave forcing either Charla or Tara out? Is she really that stupid? Not the shiniest penny in the jar, thank God.

Posted by true on 09-15-03 at 11:11 PM
Pooh,

Host lady said that Desiree got to go first, but that other women could pick whoever she picked also. They change the rules weekly. Usually to favor the better edited guests! (heehee)

Posted by Lisapooh on 09-15-03 at 11:18 PM
thanks true, it's funny how I'm watching the show and stuff but so much of what I hear is blah blah blah. I missed that part.

Normally, the rule changing and blatant manipulation would annoy me. But for this show, I think it makes my Inho Bang.

Posted by true on 09-15-03 at 11:21 PM
Inho Bang ROCKS! LOL!

Yeah, funny how I'm just begging them to manipulate the outcome. These producers are holding me hostage by not revealing how this game actually is played. If this was Survivor, and I knew the rules, I'd have quit watching long ago, but for some reason, I can't look away, until I know how it all plays out. *sigh*

Posted by Lisapooh on 09-15-03 at 11:30 PM
The only reason I'm still watching is so I can scream "dumb ass" every time Beau opens his mouth or "fat ass" every time Amy opens hers.

I also muttering "freakin' morons" at assorted cast members. It's quite cathartic.

Did you notice how crushed Scott looked when they told him not to eat the meat? Gee, I wonder what that was all about.

Posted by true on 09-15-03 at 11:39 PM
It's the call that can be heard 'round the nation, Pooh! People all over our great land are screaming all kinds of theraputic stuff at their TV screens. I guess this show is good for something after all.

Did you notice how crushed Scott looked when they told him not to eat the meat? Gee, I wonder what that was all about.

I'm not touching that one. LOL!

"Manipulated and Abused"
Posted by RollDdice on 09-16-03 at 01:38 PM
true wrote: Yeah, funny how I'm just begging them to manipulate the outcome. These producers are holding me hostage by not revealing how this game actually is played.
------------------------------------------
The producers blatantly manipulate the editing and we love it.
Pair-Of-Dice Hotel rules change every day and we love it. They keep talking about the fabulous prize, but no one knows what it is.

As I shouted five minutes into the first episode, "This show is so stupid it's brilliant!"

Posted by EnglProf on 09-15-03 at 11:12 PM
Had Desiree picked either Keith or Dave, the result would have been the same.

She would have been kicked out (Keith/Dave would have picked Charla/Tara) and forced to take one of her allies with her-- Amy or Melanie. She would have chosen Melanie.

Posted by armywf3 on 09-16-03 at 00:59 AM
thanks so much for the info on the show from the east to the west coast. was a great episode as always, though hoping as you dave and keith stay. they are awesome. amy needs to go be with zach cause they both make me sick. thanks again, and keep the spoilers coming

Posted by managerr on 09-16-03 at 01:42 AM
They totally manipulate this show--but they manipulate it both ways and don't deny that they do, so I don't have any problems with that.

Anyway, a good episode. The cooking segment was terrible. Amy was just gross.

Posted by ugibugi on 09-16-03 at 02:01 AM
It shows you how pathetic and selfish that b|tch is. When it was the men's week to spoil the women, they did their jobs. Hell, Dave even painted her toenails, how he held in his lunch I will never know. But, the point is the men played the game, tried to have fun with it and pampered the women like they were supposed to.

What was Amy's reaction? The first thing was to ask what the men had to do for them, it is always about her, in spite of what she says otherwise. Then, instead of trying to do a good job similar to what the men did, she could not even put any real effort into trying to pamper the men with one good meal. The men had a week of pampering, or at least a few days, all the women had to do was make one meal and Amy destroyed it because she is a b|tch!

Posted by SoCalSteve on 09-16-03 at 02:34 AM
An Idea....

I know how we can truly make LAmy's stay on the show a very remembered time for her. Let's make a "Best of LAmy" DVD... only showing her very best moments....
Then, we can track her at any new job she has... then send the DVD (a copy of course) to her manager.... sign it "Love Me, Zach".

This will make for a very good life for her!

But Oh... we would have to be afraid of Zach-A$$ and his 50 buddies taking us out.... well... if it is as amusing as when he did the "Donkey Kong" with his Olivia sweatbands... then I might not mind.... dying of laughter is my preferred way to check out!

Thoughts anyone?

"Anything on Platinum?"
Posted by Breezy on 09-16-03 at 11:57 AM
Anyone got any spoilage stuff from Yahoo Platinum? I'm afraid the revenge comment that was made last night refers to Amy getting revenge on Keith.

*Breezy ... keeping OT satisfied since 2003*

"RE: Anything on Platinum?"
Posted by Lahela on 09-16-03 at 12:47 PM
It would suck so bad if Acme succeeds at getting Keith off before she goes. I will be so pissed. I am hoping the person getting revenge is either one of 3 people, Charla, Dave or Keith because the 3 of them have had to endure a lot from the loser clan. They deserve to get some pay back. Hopefully Tom gets ousted and Acme goes along with him. Hey...I can wish can't I?

Posted by Lizzard on 09-16-03 at 02:21 PM
I agree Lahela, I hope Keith stays and LAmy goes home! Seriously! I would very dissapointed as well if he gets voted off before she goes. She's just acting like she doesn't care anymore and then bamm! Desiree is gone just like when she wanted to leave and then - who ended up leaving? Kristen? Is that her name by the way? lol lol

Anyhow, I just hope one of the "Charbies" wins as well. About Holly and Scott Jezzzz! What can I not say? hehehe They need to pick a different room mate before it gets uglier! I thought Holly was better than that., I've never been on her side but hey! They don't even know what the heck they're talking about any more (Scott and Holly).

Beau...so best friend of LAmy now? He almost cry when LAmy said she wanted to quit. Please! That's her way of getting attention and having her pals beggin' her to stay, she've done it a couple of times before.

Ok, peace!

I'm out!

I love this forum!

Posted by Lizzard on 09-16-03 at 02:23 PM
My Gosh! I hope that doesn't happen because there's going to be lots of fans upset! Mua of course!

Posted by superstepmom1 on 09-16-03 at 02:55 PM
Nothing from Platinum?

Anyone? Anything?

Posted by arkiegrl on 09-16-03 at 05:03 PM
>Beau, Tom, and Amy discuss how
>it's always the good guys
>who leave.
>

when Amy said that, I yelled at the TV, "that explains why you are still there!" (Not that I talk to the TV on a regular basis)

Posted by Lahela on 09-16-03 at 05:28 PM

>when Amy said that, I yelled
>at the TV, "that explains
>why you are still there!"
> (Not that I talk
>to the TV on a
>regular basis)

LOL! I did the same thing! HA!

And I also laughed my hiney off when Melanie had to pick an ally and Ditzyree took the fall (please...she just didn't want to be humiliated and actually be voted off...loser!).
Did I mention that i don't like Ditzy?? ;)
As for Holly ...she has no one BUT Scott. She could TRY to chose another roomy but would just be booted off. She hasn't taken the time to actually get to know anyone BUT Scott. So she has to keep choosing him cause everyone else is set in their ways with their roomy from here on out...with exception to freak boy (read:Tom). But I don't see Tom lasting much longer.

Posted by Dakota on 09-16-03 at 06:32 PM
Just read all 44 posts, so I'll keep my comments concise:
1. Melanie -- Can you say "Clingy"? You are old enough to know better. Jeesh!

2. Amy-Beau and good people going -- like Kavita, Matt, Amanda, and yes, my immediate thought was "that explains why you're still there."

3. Dave is sneaky and is often seen in the conspiratorial role. Unlike:

a. Amy, tOni and Kristin, plotting against Charla,
b. Despertee, Amy and Melanie plotting against Tara,
c. Alex, Amy and Kristin stealing chips at Casino Night
d. Zach, Amy, Kristin and Alex plotting against Amanda
e. the Originals plotting against all the new people
f. Bo, Desperee, Andon, tOni, Amy, Tom, Melanie plotting to turn Dave against Charla
e. Everyone giving Dave there chips so he can get rid of Bo. (I don't recall anyone going to Bo to tell him TO HIS FACE what the problem was -- Acmy's Rule.)

Better to:
a. Scream, Yahtzee!
b. Scream, don't you see me, I'm in yo' face right now!
c. State loudly, if you don't vote the right way, you'll have a lot of people angry with you (as the person walks away, making his position clear that he doesn't want "coaching").
d. Scream, we're going to make you're life here a living hell.
e. Shout at your friends for not telling you how sneaky they were in ousting Bo.
f. Team up with the people who were sneaky enough to get you voted out after calling them pathetic.
g. Announce that you need 50 guys to take on the competition.

Can't wait to hear Bo tell us how the game SHOULD be played.

Posted by evian on 09-16-03 at 06:51 PM
Dakota, don't forget my all time personal favorite remark "I have achieved more in my 21 years than you will in your lifetime" with Tom rolling his eyes in the background! hehehe!

"Impossible not to...."
Posted by Loree on 09-16-03 at 06:58 PM
It is impossible to keep quiet while watching this show. It is the best therapy. You sit and yell and laugh at the screen. To be quiet during this show would be unheard of. LOL!

I am so happy Desiree is gone. I disliked her so strongly. Now Tom only has Smokey for company.