URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2970
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AI9 Finally Should Win/Will Win"

Posted by Snidget on 05-26-10 at 07:15 AM
So who should take the grand prize if it were all up to you and who will America Crown as their American Idol just to spite you.

Should Win

Based on who won the night and who risked a bit (not that either risked that much playing Guitar Idol this year) I say

Crystal

Will Win.

Once again the frau/tween alliance will crown the bland vaguely rocker dude so Lee will win.

It is probably close to a miracle we even got a woman in the finale.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: AI9 Finally Should Win/Will Win"
Posted by geekboy on 05-26-10 at 07:42 AM
For me, its a tough pick this season.

Based on just last night, Crystal should win.

Based on raw God-given talent, Crystal should win.

Based on growth over the contest, Lee should win.

Based on voter demographics, Lee should win.

I think its a toss-up. My guess is Lee will win.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Posted by cahaya on 05-26-10 at 09:49 AM
Should and will: Crystal

Although the 'will' part of that might be wishful thinking.

Posted by Estee on 05-26-10 at 07:42 AM
Should win: Crystal

Will win: Lee

Permanently lost: Credibility

Posted by Glow on 05-26-10 at 08:32 AM
Guys, come on. The show is more and more fixed every year. Crystal should win and Crystal will win.

Posted by geekboy on 05-26-10 at 09:12 AM
Glow -

I have to disagree with you. I think you are wrong.

Now, I love Crystal. I've loved her since day 1, but as my wife said last night "I wouldn't buy her CDs, but I would buy Lee's"

I would buy anything Crystal put out there, but I think most of America is like my wife and not like me. Therefore, I think most of America voted for Lee.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Posted by Tummy on 05-26-10 at 09:36 AM
Most of America being 'tween girls. Not saying your wife is a 'tween, I bet she didn't pick up the phone, but I'd say the 'tweenies picked it up in droves.

I'd come closer to buying Crystal's cd - if I want to listen to what Lee will put out I'll just listen to what I already have, U2 and Nickelback.

Posted by frodis on 05-26-10 at 09:35 AM

Will win: Crystal

It's been a fairly low key season, and if any voters were on the fence, Crystal blew Lee away last night. Of course, some may have been swayed to vote underdog, but I think if people were basing making their minds up on last night, it goes to Crystal.

Posted by skye on 05-26-10 at 09:55 AM
I love Lee but no one should ever remake "Beautiful Day". Based on that alone, Crystal should win.

That is all.

Posted by DoodleBug on 05-26-10 at 04:21 PM
Totally agree!!! I do not want to hear Lee singing Beautiful Day on the radio. For that reason ALONE, hoping for a Crystal win. Not happy about the single song choice for Lee.

Posted by emydi on 05-26-10 at 10:40 AM
Should win: Crystal (did anyone think I'd say anything else?)

Will win: hmmmm, this is tough, Crystal totally blew Lee away last nite but the demos support FugLee the Nicklesuck wannabe...but I'm still going to hope and say Crystal WILL win

Posted by zazzy on 05-26-10 at 03:30 PM
Should: Crystal

Will: Crystal

Yes, I've been a Crystal fan for most of the season...like once Janell got the boot (lol).

I enjoyed Lee last night. I really did.

I just don't buy the "growth" story. (Have you seen his videos from pre-idol? Idol did. That's why they cast him.) AI has worked hard to sell the growth story, just like they did with Jordin Sparks. Lee finally sang Beautiful Day the way he was always capable of singing the entire season.

I haven't read any articles that recapped last night yet but I've seen their headlines. And I think AI caters to the overall opinion. And the headlines were about how well Crystal did. Reminds me of Cook and Archie. Cook pulled it out.

Kelly, Ruben, Fanny, Carrie, Taylor, Jordin, David, Kris...all of these winners can sing on key and on pitch. Without major effort.

Crystal can. Lee can not. Not most of the time.

Crystal wins.

Posted by zazzy on 05-26-10 at 03:42 PM
OK, now should I argue the other side?

Jordin = growth story; Jordin wins

Lee - growth story; Lee wins

Posted by riverrocker on 05-26-10 at 04:07 PM
Our really negative reflection on this season and these finalists is: "who cares"!

Lee mumbles to the point of no return, but he's sort of cute, has no musical talent, but seems nice.

Crystal doesn't seem to care whether she's in it or not. Sob story background, but what does that have to do with talent? She can sing--at least some, if you really want another Janis Joplin sound-alike.

Posted by Belle Book on 05-26-10 at 04:56 PM
Definitely should win: Crystal Bowersox.

Will win: Probably Lee, due to two words: tween votes.

However, it may be better for Crystal that Lee wins. She's too much her own person to be forced into a mold for the label.

Posted by Tahj on 05-26-10 at 05:09 PM

Will win: Lee

He's always reminded me of a little, lonely puppy dog with those kinda big droopy eyes and at the end of the show last night he looked so forlorn. There's a huge adorability factor in that, as in awww, so cute, I wanna take him home.