URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 297
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Motivation - Locke's paralysis"

Posted by Maroonclown on 10-04-05 at 12:30 PM
This is just a general question.

Locke was the only one who proved as a true miracle as he was able to walk after the crash. Facing possible renewed paralysis after a rescue, which we must assume will happen at some point, would Locke be the one who would have the greatest motivation to ensure they never get rescued?

Will he be the next "guardian of the hatch"? Will our castaways eventually become the next "others"?

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2005

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Motivation - Locke's paralysis"
Posted by Steph_Fan on 10-04-05 at 08:16 PM
My first response to this was: "You are right - oh no, this seems all too possible..." (I'm in the camp of hoping they go home again and have to renegotiate living in the real world.)

But then again, Kate has plenty of motivation for not wanting to be rescued. Maybe that would be easier than a life forever on the run - a life forever in hiding, in an un-findable location.

Courtesy of Phoenix Mons

Posted by winter999 on 10-05-05 at 09:12 AM
Just to note (as of Jack's last flashback), Locke is NOT the only one who gets paralyzed and by some miracle can walk again. It happened to Jack's wife, too. And just so happened that Desmond was near-by as well.

"RE: I've got it figured out"
Posted by Maroonclown on 10-05-05 at 09:36 AM
Is Desmond some sort of Jesus figure? Is this going to go all religious? Oh heck, they are all in Heaven. The Others are in purgatory and the big monster is in the Inferno.

Its a freakin' modern day Divine Comedy starring Kate as Beatrice!!!!!!!

All dogs (Vincent) go to heaven too!!!!!!

Posted by ladro on 10-05-05 at 09:49 AM
that is an interesting observation

Posted by Maroonclown on 10-05-05 at 09:57 AM
Well, there is that big black smoke that we're not sure about. Could be intense fire.

Posted by PhoenixMons on 10-05-05 at 02:13 PM
Nah, they just haven't elected a pop yet.

Got blog?

Posted by Steph_Fan on 10-05-05 at 01:06 PM
>Just to note (as of Jack's
>last flashback), Locke is NOT
>the only one who gets
>paralyzed and by some miracle
>can walk again. It
>happened to Jack's wife, too.
> And just so happened
>that Desmond was near-by as
>well.

VERY interesting. I hadn't thought of this before, or seen it written out anywhere. Cool thought... not that I don't what to do with it or anything!

The heaven/hell/purgatory thing, by the way, has been refuted by the writers. I have to say 'whew!' to that, because I didn't like the idea so much.

Courtesy of Phoenix Mons