URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 296
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"These Contestants B.L.O.W."

Posted by shanana banana on 07-07-06 at 00:41 AM
Holy bananas.......is it me, or is this season's contestants completely subpar to the contestants for Rock Star INXS??? I don't even know if half of them could have made it on American Idol!!

Full scale rant here. This week was almost unwatchable, I was cringing throughout many of the performances --- if the singing wasn't horrid, the performances were just snoozers and/or awful. WTF? Did they sap all the talent for the last show, leaving nothing left? I find it difficult to believe that some of these guys were the "best" out of the auditions. The guys, in particular, s.u.c.k. A couple of the girls were cool, but I was floored at the talentless men. One of these folks is going to front this band of rebels? The only one who even appears to fit (and who had one of the only good performances) is the tattooed pierced girl.

Wow, I am stunned at the poor quality. I never initially intended to watch Rock Star INXS, but flipped by the first show during the first singer and was drawn to watch the performance by how good it was, and every singer was just so great after that, that I didn't want to stop watching. I felt the complete opposite about this show -- tuned in with good expectations, based on last season, and watched with my mouth open in disgust the rest of the evening.

Good god.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: These Contestants B.L.O.W."
Posted by dreamerbeliever on 07-07-06 at 02:01 AM
It’s just you

To my eyes & ears there is no significant drop off. Actually when I compare the week one performance episodes of season 1 and 2, think the overall quality is better from top to bottom for Supernova. Season one contestants and three of the final four (Marty, Suzie, JD) were not that great in beginning and had spastic stage presentation. To me, almost all of the season 2 rockers are much more polished and came out of the gate strong and probably will only get better. There still needs to be some weeding out, but I would pay to see 6 or 7 of these contestants.

Think the only things that I can complain about so far is Tommy Lee being a caged puppy who was just let loose and not being able to put 2 cohesive sentences together. Another gripe is the majority of the songs put up by the producers were heard last season. And where was the harder rock? The producers dropped the ball and should have come out smokin’ by putting up at least 5 or 6 harder edge tunes.

Will also say that the first elimination show seemed to have a weird no flow vibe to it. Thank goodness for Dilana's encore.

BTW if it was the first singer who drew you in last season, it was the very lovely Jordis Unga

Posted by xwraith27 on 07-07-06 at 03:56 AM
I was actually going to agree with shanana that the first week was a bit underwhelming, but now that I think about it more, you're absolutely right, dreamer. I was comparing the final 15 of this season against last year's final five. Anyway, IMHO, image-wise, this season looks more rock than the last batch, and the good rockers this season sound better than most of last year's contestants.

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 08:04 AM
I hesitate to say that it's just you but I definitely do not agree. We don't really know what the guys are looking for this year. I don't think they really know yet either. I think probably that's why we see such a wide variety of rock singers. That makes it really difficult to pick a favorite. umm, well, a favorite to win not a personal favorite. They have this bluesy/jazzy rock guy, a seasoned exceptionally talented hard rocking frontman, a beautiful Large woman with commanding stage presence and superstar talent, an intense crazy rock goddess, a cool melodic lyrical genius with an amazing recording voice, a dude that's the frontman for the #1 band in Iceland, a sweet southern girl...well, you get the picture.

Some of the songs they had to choose from have no business being on that list. "Cult of Personality"? Poor Phil almost paid for that. Nickelback? I think there was at least one more but I've blocked it out momentarily. Give them a break and put all worthy songs on there.

This season has me in awe. There are so many talented and seasoned performers. Storm took the stage first and I thought she was going to be my favorite but then Dilana performed and then Lukas. They certainly saved the best for last. When Lukas took the stage, I was floored, jaw-droppingly heart-racing floored. These contestants are lightyears better than last year with the only ones holding a candle being Marty (far and away the best contestant from last season), JD (far and away the best fit for INXS), Neal (who was gone way too soon and now not enough people know the level of his talent and this makes me sad but I digress) and Deanna. That's my opinion, of course, but you kind of asked.

an arkie work of art

Posted by zombiebaby on 07-07-06 at 08:57 AM
I have to disagree here too.

I was not going to watch this year but decided to check it out again. I immediately remembered how superior this show is to American Idol, both talent and format.

I actually love this season's singers better. But that could be that I think they are going for a "harder" sound than INXS.
I agree with the lovely Glow above too in that we don't really know what direction to this band is going in with the harder, edgier sound than last season.

It could just be your musical taste and that you like the INXS sound better.

Small note---Glowie I have to disagree on "Cult of Personality" and that it belongs there! Just the guy did a horrible job on it! But they could have used a different Living Colour song.

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 09:31 AM
I don't think Phil did a "horrible" job and I certainly don't think Chris "sucked". I think these guys know this isn't a karoake contest and they should put their own spin and their own sounds to things. To knock Chris for lowering the octave of Roxanne and saying he has limited range was wrong wrong wrong. Maybe he does have limited range but switching up a song does not prove that. (go to the myspace pages. His range isn't really all that limited.) Phil took a song that I personally detest and made it, well tried to make it, sound like something he would sing. (go to the myspace pages. His band is really quite good.) He'd never sung the song before. Chris said it best last night and I stood and applauded for him (my husband already thinks {knows} I'm crazy so I can do these kinds of things) when he said if they weren't among the best singers, they wouldn't have been chosen for the show. -I'll try to remember this when I think about Jenny.- So I say kudos to these guys for not sounding like the originals. And more kudos for not choosing a song that would turn off Tommy, Jason and Gilby (like dumbass Matt did).

As far as Zayra goes, I've heard a lot of people saying how she "massacred" a great song. My ears are oh so different. My own hearing bubble again. I think this song and this band and Amy Lee's voice have been protected long enough. It's time for these shows to let contestants sing these songs. They ARE great songs. That's why I want to hear other people do them. And I, for one, think it's fantastic that she didn't sound like Amy. And I'm pretty sure she wasn't trying to.

an arkie work of art

Posted by xwraith27 on 07-07-06 at 11:00 AM
On Zayra:

I think this song and this band and Amy Lee's voice have been protected long enough.

I agree.

It's time for these shows to let contestants sing these songs. They ARE great songs. That's why I want to hear other people do them.

Again, agreed.

And I, for one, think it's fantastic that she didn't sound like Amy. And I'm pretty sure she wasn't trying to.

I would agree with you on this one, Glow, IF she had just stayed on key. But she made me cringe. She made my wife wince. And the worst part, she made my two year-old cry. Seriously.

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:06 AM
I agree with you. And your wife and your two year old.

One nation under George, divided.

Posted by shanana banana on 07-07-06 at 11:16 AM
"It could just be your musical taste and that you like the INXS sound better."

No, actually hard rock/metal is my favorite music and I didn't think any of these guys were up to par. I'm really pretty shocked that no one thinks this week was awful -- my hubby, who used to be in rock bands, was cringing the whole night as well.

In my opinion, only three of the female contestants are anything up to par from what we saw last year, where we had four excellent male contestants: JD, MiG, Ty, and Marty, (and Neal and Will weren't bad either, but didn't have long enough to show anything more) and three excellent female contestants: Susie, Deanna, and Jordis (and even Daphna was interesting enough to want to watch a little more). It's really the guys I can't believe -- where is the powerhouse explosive singer of this bunch? Maybe they didn't have the right songs to showcase it.

Yes, I'm going to keep watching -- I know it was only week one -- but it better improve fast over what I saw this week. Also, I agree with whoever else wrote that they need more songs to choose from --- I'll bet 70 percent of what was sung this week was already a song sung from the INXS show. They've GOT to get more tunes.

"disagree"
Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 09:25 AM
I agree with everything that everyone else has said.
As a sidenote, I love Tommy Lee. He is on the list of men who could make me hop the fence. But, I hate this schtick of his on the show. The worst was when he held the mic and said "Can you say, Rockstar" to Lukas and then threw down the mic. I found it to be a little dramatic. He has done similar things and it's making me not like him as much.

"RE: disagree"
Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 09:33 AM
Best moment so far!

-- *points to siggy*

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 09:45 AM
I don't disagree that Lukas is a rockstar. In fact, I believe he is a rockstar. I'm just not liking Tommy's dramatics.

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 09:52 AM
Ha! Since when do you not like dramatics?

an arkie work of art

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 09:55 AM
I don't like when they come from other people.

This post brought to you by Amtrak.

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 10:23 AM
This? explains so much. Next to you, I'm merely a Drama Princess.

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 10:28 AM
I think we could be co-queens.

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 10:32 AM
I'm not sure your dramatics would allow me to co-rule your Drama Kindgom.

you exhaust me, you know

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:04 AM
*snort*

ditto. *smooch*

Posted by SilverStar on 07-07-06 at 11:06 AM

Just think how exhausted the rest of us are-- dealing with BOTH of you. Ugh. *takes nap*

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:07 AM
*hits alert*

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 11:22 AM
*sits in dramatic stunned silence before hitting alert*

an arkie work of art

Posted by nailbone on 07-07-06 at 03:04 PM
Winner.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 03:08 PM
*jumps up and down* What'd I win?

Posted by nailbone on 07-07-06 at 03:20 PM
The title of Drama Queen #1...until Knockers, who's DQ #2, or someone else, does something to unseat you.

Sig by Slice

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 03:28 PM
That might be difficult on this forum.

I tend to get a bit obsessive about these singing competitions.

Posted by arkiegrl on 07-07-06 at 04:44 PM
Really? I've never noticed that about you.

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 06:15 PM
I tried to post this exact same thing earlier, Arkie. But the damn server was too slow and I gave up. Great minds think alike. *smooch*

Posted by Savahnna on 07-07-06 at 09:47 AM
I hope it's not "uncool" to say this....but I didn't find the Lytheum anchor that exhillerating (sp?)....I missed the first show, but I thought she had a combo Janis Joplin/Grace Slick wanna be voice and delivery......but I wasn't wild about it. I can see that's an unpopular opinion.

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:13 AM
Welcome. You will find that it's okay to be uncool around here. I can see the Grace/Janis comparison. I'm not sure that it is a wannabe act though. Could be that those are two women that she admires and who have influenced her. I don't really get the impression from her that she wants to be a copycat.

Posted by Savahnna on 07-07-06 at 11:20 AM
Thx for the Welcome!!

I think it reiterates the point made last night about song choice. I'm not a huge Nirvanna fan but I love that song.

I'm a 70's girl so I guess I'd see anyone attempting Janis as a "wannabe".....but you're probably right...it could very well be an admiration factor. But what do I know?? ..the band liked her. That's what counts!

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:37 AM
I too am pretty protective over Janis. I think that's why I wasn't hugely impressed with the chick who did a Janice song.
So far, only Melissa Etheridge has impressed me with singing Janis.

Posted by Tahj on 07-07-06 at 11:05 AM
I have to admit that I was thinking the same thing Shanana. Overall, I liked most of the performances, but there were a couple that just sucked.

Right now, I don't think this group of contestants is as good as last year's. I hope it gets better.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:07 AM
I think that once we weed out some of the lesser talented contestants that we will see some serious talent. IMO.

Posted by Tahj on 07-07-06 at 11:13 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. Josh is my new honey.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:14 AM
Dilana and Storm are mine.

Posted by Tahj on 07-07-06 at 11:18 AM
*shock*
The minute I saw Dilana I was sure she was yours. And...did you see the way she was so into Brooke. Made me think she could be a lesbian.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:34 AM
I saw that. And then she turned to all of the other singers and wiggled her tongue. I looked at GF and said "I think she may be one of us"

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 11:24 AM
*dramatically clears throat*
Dilana is co-yours.

<-- this one is MINE. ALL MINE. *swoon*

Posted by Tahj on 07-07-06 at 11:27 AM
How in the world did the Gay Pride Parade survive you two?

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 11:29 AM
The real question here is how would it have survived without us.

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:36 AM
Good point.

Posted by ginger on 07-07-06 at 11:37 AM
*adjusts butterfly wings*

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:39 AM
*waves to Ginger*

Posted by ginger on 07-07-06 at 11:43 AM
I am less dramatic with age (unless you count dumping drinks over strangers' heads in bars), but I would make a nice Drama Duchess, if you guys have room in the realm.

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:49 AM
We always have room for some Ginger.

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 11:53 AM
mmmmm Ginger

Posted by nailbone on 07-07-06 at 03:06 PM
Man, I wouldn't even rank Drama Stableboy next to you people.

Sig by Slice

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 11:47 AM
*smoocharoni*

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:48 AM
*snortaroni*

Posted by ginger on 07-07-06 at 01:01 PM
*snortaroni*? Is that the San Francisco treat now?

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 01:38 PM
Nah. I think smokearoni is.

an arkie work of art

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:35 AM
Fine. You're so greedy with your pretend celebrity crushes/loves/obsessions.

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 11:36 AM
hrmpf.

*continues cleaning spit and fingerprints off Jared*

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:38 AM
*licks Lukas*

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 11:41 AM
OMG! You freaky deviant! *drops Jared in a rush to disinfect Lukas*
*chains self to Dilana*

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:49 AM
*licks Jared*

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 11:53 AM
*cries*

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-07-06 at 11:55 AM
My job here is done.

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 12:03 PM
Whatever. And just for the record, I gave you Storm.

and now I'm taking your wife. *walks off holding Lukas's and Jared's hands with self chained to Dilana*

Posted by slickeronstate on 07-11-06 at 01:06 PM
Delana? her chin feather? that intrigues you? I thought at first, it was a tattoo. Then I saw the chin piercings and figured OK one with a feather. She is super duper. Earlier I predicted the gal doing the Kinks song who does not speak English well would walk but now i think it will be cocky Chris...

Posted by nailbone on 07-11-06 at 03:40 PM
Have you seen it already????

Posted by LittleFox on 07-10-06 at 02:10 PM
I'm with you for sure - I already said it - last years talent FAR outweighed this years.........

Posted by Deekeryu on 07-10-06 at 08:09 PM
Which performers from last season were better than this years?

Posted by LittleFox on 07-11-06 at 10:28 AM
Marty, Deanna, Jordis, J.D., Suzie...
They were all more exciting to watch to me.....maybe this years contestants are just still nervous - I hope they start breaking out more.

Posted by ljo on 07-20-06 at 11:31 AM
Marty, Neal, Deanna...even some of the okay ones from last year are better than the best ones from this season!!
Very dissappointing performers!

Posted by toddE on 07-11-06 at 01:41 AM
I did watch the first episode, and decided to keep it on the TiVo for a while. Last season was so-so for me. I didn't watch the last few episodes last season, and while this isn't one of my very favorite reality shows, I enjoyed most of the acts last episode. The guy who got booted, the guy who sucked and guitar girl with a thin voice were the only ones I didn't think were so good. But some of these folks can't possibly be contenders with this group. I thought the girl who sang Melissa Etheridge sounded good, but can't see her fitting in. Nirvana girl seems like a good match, though. And, though she isn't apparently popular, Spanish girl too.

We'll see.

Posted by nailbone on 07-11-06 at 10:32 AM
And, though she isn't apparently popular, Spanish girl too.

That'd be the lovely Zayra (actually, Puerto Rican rather than Spanish). She didn't do so well the first week, but I like her anyway.

Posted by weltek on 07-11-06 at 11:20 AM
My only complaint is that there seems to be more "schtick" personas this year. "I'm the angry/melancholy rocker" seems to be popular. Might just be the difference in the two different music generes between seasons. It's not their voices I think are subpar this season, it's their personalities.

But frankly, I'm finding I think this band will break up in a year & am much more blase about the season because of that.

And yes, bravie, Tommy Lee's little "Can we say rockstar?" thing was silly.

"*whispers clandestinely*"
Posted by geg6 on 07-11-06 at 04:01 PM
That's probably because Tommy Lee is completely lame. And don't come back telling me he has a big...well, huge...well, enormous...well, whatever that thing is. All I know is if it's been in or around Pamela Anderson? I'm pretty sure I don't want it near me.

Now, Gilby and Jason are completely different kettles of fish.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
I'll probably get flamed for this by someone, but Motley Crue might be one of the lamest bands ever.

"RE: *whispers clandestinely*"
Posted by weltek on 07-12-06 at 11:35 AM
I think Motley Crue appealed to me because they WERE what 80s hard rock was all about, booze, hair, noise & mayhem. And I do think Tommy Lee is a great drummer. I liked him much more when I hadn't heard him speak, though. I certainly can't bash anyone that bashes the Crue, though. They are certainly bashable.

And I'm pretty sure Tommy Lee's wanker has fallen off at this point. I mean, really, there's no way it hasn't become infected and shriveled up, right?

Jason is highly impressing me right now. I was never a huge Metallica fan...just not my cup of tea (I actually liked their newer stuff that their fans razzed them about), so haven't heard a lot of interviews by band members. However, what I have heard from Jason then & now really impresses me. I think they should just let Jason & Dave Navarro give feedback.

"RE: *whispers clandestinely*"
Posted by ljo on 07-20-06 at 11:39 AM
I will agree that Tommy Lee is lame. He has no personality to speak off.
And Motley Crue was awful. Completely.
But I disagree...Pamela Anderson has some brains hidden in her blond head.
I have read some articles by her, and enjoy her frankness and humor.
I was very surprised, because all I knew about was Baywatch and Tommy Lee.
She can't act. I watched 2 episodes of that Fox show, and it was unbearable, even with Christopher Lloyd, the genius from Taxi.
And...I just read that Pammy is marrying Kid Rock, and he is a big fat zero. He's really dumb and annoying.
Poor girl has bad taste in men!
Like Cher says, the problem with women is that they make a deal about nothing,
and then marry them!

Posted by cycles2k on 07-12-06 at 02:25 AM
I too was disappointed in the first three episodes. Dilana is great but I have seen nobody else who I think has the unique personality and presence of Marty, Jordis, Ti or Suzy.

Somebody earlier in this thread said that these singers were as good as the singers in the early episodes of INXS. I am going to keep watching and believing their talent and personality will shine through when the loosen up.

PS: I can barely stand to look at Dilana with those peircings and tatoos but man she is entertaining.

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 07-12-06 at 03:33 AM
Hey there cycle, good to see ya back. Was worried my fellow Jordis supporter in good times & bad went a-wall on me.

All I really meant by Supernova contestants being better early is just that. They are much more polished. What remains to be seen is if they can take it to the next level the way Marty, Suzie, and JD did with a little bit of coaching. Cause the final 7 of INXS were outstanding.

BTW, are you getting pumped yet for the Jordis album? Rumor mill says she may be almost done and is doing the final touches now. The release will be a day long remembered in rock history

Posted by cycles2k on 07-18-06 at 10:22 PM
Hi there Dreambeliever.

I am looking forward to the new Jordis album. I almost signed my last post with "I really miss Jordis". I still think she will do better than INXS.

Posted by dragonflies on 07-12-06 at 09:09 AM
I thought as a group, they were better last week than this week, except for Roxanne. However, a few did shine more this week. Toby is my front runner right now.

Posted by Iam_Xtreme on 07-12-06 at 11:11 AM
I agree that the rockers were better last week. This weeks performance was a complete let down for me. I hope that it gets better in the weeks to follow or I may not watch this season to its completion.

Signature Created By: tribephyl

Posted by rocksucksupernova on 07-12-06 at 11:06 AM
I have a few questions/comments, I'm super dissapointed with the show to this point which sucks because I was really looking forward to it:

1) Who casted this bunch? This looks like "popstar" alot more then "rockstar" to me. I find it hard to believe that this group (excluding a few) were the best rock singers out of the worldwide search. The casting agents should be thrown out of the business.

2) Who is picking the songs they are performing? It's going to be very difficult for the band to pick a singer based on the pop shtt songs that are being used to showcase their talent to this point.

That being said, my question is was this show created for a different band that backed out at the last minute? There is no way these performers/songs were picked for a band made up of former GNR, Metallica and Crue members.

This appears to me that CBS wanted the ratings that come with the band ragging on subpar talent versus actually casting legimitate talent that have a shot at making the group. This band has the makings of a seriously kick @ss rock band, which is something that has not been along in years and rock itself needs it to be successful.

Save us all the pain and put Lukas and Delila in a two week faceoff for the winner. This isn't fair to the band, fair to the crazy looking people that rocked their @ss off at the tryouts only to be excluded because they didn't look like a J. Crew model with tats, and it's not fair to us.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 07-12-06 at 03:07 PM
Wow, you guys are tough on the guys from SuperNova. Really I find these guys much more likable then the guys from INXS. The guys from INXS seemed pompous. These guys are much more down to earth. Tommy and the guys seem a lot nicer. You gotta remember these guys are ROCKERS. They talk like rockers, they are not trying to be anyone but who they are. if we had a rap band on here they would talk like rappers. You were going to get this no matter what. As for Tommy sure he had some issues outside of this show, but from what I hear if you ever met him he is a great guy. I have met some rockers some are nice for one reason....yes you guess what that reason is. Tommy from what I hear is nice to everyone not just the opposite sex. The other guys I don't know. I hear Dave is cool too. Think I heard Jason was too. Don't know a thing about Gilby Clark....don't think he was in Guns and Roses for long.

The guys were tougher this week, but you know what...they aint doing it to rip these people a new hole. They are doing to for the betterment to let the contestants know what they are looking for. I think more so with this cast that Burnett felt he had to bring in some mainstream rockers to keep the mainstream audience watching....can't have all Lukas's and Dilanas. INXS was more main stream so the rockers seemed to all fit better. Give this one time. That is why SuperNova is getting rid of the 'Matts' early...they were there for ratings not to win the show.

Posted by rmac1027 on 07-12-06 at 04:26 PM
I agree with Shanana. I am a little nervous that there will little to no improvement with the singers. From episode one last season,, I immediatly picked Marty to win. I was not that far off either. Jordis and Marty would have blown all of these people out of the water.

My feelings about it right now is that Dilana, Lucas, and Storm seem to fit the band the best.

I grew up with Motley Crue, Guns, and Metallica and I can tell you that if any of these people want to be in that band they are going to have to really bring it. What I have seen so far is less than impressive.

But to be fair...the stong choices really B.L.O.W!

Posted by ljo on 07-20-06 at 11:27 AM
I completely agree!!
These guys and girls suck.
At first I thought it was me being too mean, but I realize after this week, that I am right!
I watched Rockstar INXS last summer, and it was the only reality show I did watch.
It was a hot summer, and I was 8 months preggo and too hot and exhausted to do much of anything besides watch tv.
And some of the singers were good, and it was fun!
Not this version. Snoozefest!
And I agree that the choices are really lame, too!
I hope it gets better, but that seems impossible!

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 07-22-06 at 04:07 AM
And here I thought it was just me.

I liked INXS so much better, but I think it's just that I like their music more than what this band represents. Plus I could sing along cause I knew all the words.

And last but certainly NOT least, the guys last year were so very much HOTTER!

It's not something I would set the DVR for as I did last year.

Posted by brvnkrz on 07-23-06 at 12:29 PM
I'm not so sure that it's the contestants that blow, as it is the band Supernova. I've found that I almost feel as if I am watching a parody of last year's show. I have certainly lost a lot of interest in the show this year and I blame it mostly on the bandmates. Tommy, Jason and Gilby have all just worked my nerves. INXS clearly was more interested in sincerely finding a great musician to lead their band.
I appreciated their sincerity. I don't appreciate the DAWness and lack of sincerity with Supernova.

A wonderful Tribe original

Posted by arkiegrl on 07-23-06 at 10:02 PM
I was thinking this same thing today. With INXS, it seemed more real. They seemed more genuine in their search. This season, it reeks of "let's throw some people together just to get a second season for the show".