URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 296
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Why was Dat Phan snubbed?"

Posted by suoiduts on 06-17-06 at 12:46 PM
Does anyone know why Dat Phan was snubbed when they talked about the past winners this season? I thought it was really strange.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Why was Dat Phan snubbed?"
Posted by Vett06 on 06-17-06 at 01:31 PM
its probably like american idol, they dont review every seasons winner and since Season 2 and 3 were bascially back to back they just said both of them, plus dat when like 3 years ago and hasnt really done much since

Posted by PagongRatEater on 06-17-06 at 04:01 PM
Actually, it's because Dat has quit comedy. They were talking about how winning has changed their careers and since Dat is no longer DOING stand up....

But, the four of us had a great time.

Posted by suoiduts on 06-17-06 at 04:54 PM
Really? You wouldn't know it from looking at the booking calendar on his website,

http://www.datphan.com/calendar/calendar.php

or from reading his live journal,

http://datphan.livejournal.com/

Where did you hear that he had given up standup?

Posted by PagongRatEater on 06-18-06 at 10:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-18-06 AT 10:52 PM (EST)

This is an entry in his journal from last year. Obviously he's not sticking with it, but I didn't know he was still doing stand-up - even intermittently.

The Dream

Being single and traveling like a ghost in the wind, I try not to get too heavily involved in intimate/personal relationships. Unfortunately, they usually don't end well because of my career in entertainment.

A few nights ago I had a dream that I fell in love with someone that I've never met before. The passion in the dream felt so real that I didn't know that I was asleep or dreaming.

I believe that this can be symbolic of my life heading to into unknown territory in a field that I'm not too familiar with.

This Fall I will voluntarily become a starving student again. I will work on getting my BA in Art so I can eventually teach in the public school systems. I can say that it is genuine that I feel excited about this new love in my life.

Don't get me wrong I will still do Stand-Up Comedy for the rest of my life, even if it's part time. I can never deny what I am.

Or who knows, maybe I will cross paths with this girl some day. You never know what the tide may bring in. -Dat Phan

I had heard that independently as well, but I don't think that by any measure he is a true 'comic' only because that doesn't seem to be how he makes his living. his calendar obviously indicates he does very little stand-up maybe a little more when school is on break. Personally, I thought his act was funny...until he did it over and over and over again.

But, the four of us had a great time.

Posted by Fishercat on 06-17-06 at 10:06 PM
How can you quit something you never did?

Sorry, had to.

Posted by suoiduts on 06-18-06 at 11:51 AM
Ouch!

Posted by alyse73 on 07-03-06 at 04:09 PM
Dat seems like a good guy but he was NOT funny. OK, he was funny the first time or two you heard his act..then it just repeats