URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2949
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AI9 Top 5 Results Show ECST"

Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 08:08 PM
Please keep all discussion of how high your eyebrows go from tonight's results, filler, and assorted what not. At least all that will start late tonight is the local news and no one records that.

Ryan on his radio show said the elimination would raise our eyebrows, so what if anything, would do that for you?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: AI9 Top 5 Results Show ECST"
Posted by vince3 on 05-05-10 at 08:31 PM
I think the only possible eliminations that could raise eyebrows are Lee/Crystal..........

Posted by Estee on 05-05-10 at 08:43 PM
I think Ryan can be shocked by sunrise.

"Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:01 PM
Judges comments with muted idols.

One of them
Is going home.

Wow that never happens on Weds.

This.....Is......American Idol.

"RE: Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-10 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

32 million votes. Lady Gaga (I believe recorded) and HCJ is live.

Judges intro.

Pimp the tour.

"Group Sing"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:03 PM
Medley

"RE: Group Sing"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:07 PM
GAH!

*twitch*

"Next Week"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:10 PM
Movie tunes with Jamie Foxx

"RE: Next Week"
Posted by Estee on 05-05-10 at 09:14 PM
Rumor has him as the #1 candidate (as in 'most desired') to replace Simon. We might want to think of next week as a combination of warm-up act and audition.

"Ford Music Video"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:10 PM

"Tape of Tuesday Hecticness"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:11 PM

"Results 1"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:18 PM
Big Mike, did you sleep last night?
Don't think about it until we are in these seats.

Crystal what is it like being the only girl.
Thinks she is one of the guys.

Casey, not having your guitar, how do you feel.
Well we saw how well that worked out.

Dim the lights.

Lee--taken to center stage.

When they said you could win, what did you feel.
Thought I could do better, don't want to be too pumped up but felt good. Hope to keep pushing.

Simon--watch back what stood out. He didn't watch it back. He didn't want to watch himself on TV. What stood out being here? I thought Lee had started to believe in himself. Lot of help from Harry. Like seeing a different person.

After the nationwide vote....you are safe.

"RE: Results 1"
Posted by Estee on 05-05-10 at 09:20 PM
I sense absolutely no movement of eyebrows whatsoever.

Posted by cahaya on 05-05-10 at 09:55 PM
No movement of anything!

Posted by zazzy on 05-08-10 at 10:08 AM
Let's see....at this point Ryan has spoken to Mike, Crystal, Casey, and told Lee he is safe. Any doubt that the boot was Aaron? Every time Ryan calls out to Big Mike like that before the results I know Mike is safe.

We know that Crystal and Lee would be. That leaves Casey or Aaron, and Ryan wouldn't say "we'll see how that worked out" to Casey if he were going to be the boot.

Way to pimp, Lee, too, holding him out as the first one who is safe and having him sit by himself in the safe zone. Pimp spot worked.

"Lady Gaga"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:24 PM
Alejandro. Starts off with a bit of Bad Romance.

"RE: Lady Gaga"
Posted by niteowl0205 on 05-05-10 at 09:32 PM
I'm old. I was embarrassed for her. I know she's very popular, but after living through the Madonna era, this is just a yawn. I felt like I was watching a spoof. Told you I was old. Actually, my 20 year old son was chuckling a little, even though he enjoys some of her songs....

Posted by mindy23 on 05-06-10 at 10:23 AM
I switched to 'Billy the Exterminater' while she was strutting her stuff. Double YUCK! I'd rather see a hive of yellow jackets flushed out with silicone gel than watch a half-naked Madonna wannabe crawl around on the floor, making a total fool of herself. Not to mention the men....did they NOT have enough women to go around, or does she just enjoy the men-on-men effect?? WHATEVER.......

Posted by zazzy on 05-08-10 at 10:11 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-10 AT 10:11 AM (EST)

Have you seen her Bad Romance video? After watching it I couldn't get it out of my head for days. There are interesting parts and also some downright weird parts.

Check out the "fashion lady" part of the vid...she has an arty side, for sure!

"Top Five with Harry Connick Jr."
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:32 PM
Video Montage.

"Harry Connick Jr"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:35 PM
And I Love Her

"Harry Insults The Universe."
Posted by Estee on 05-05-10 at 09:35 PM
Can we have him back next week so he can do the judges?

"RE: Harry Insults The Universe."
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:38 PM
Even more than telling them to stop using the word pitchy?

Posted by Estee on 05-05-10 at 09:41 PM
If there's anything we've learned this season, it's that you can never insult Kara enough.

Posted by cahaya on 05-05-10 at 10:11 PM
You know, he might make a good replacement for Simon next season.

Posted by zazzy on 05-08-10 at 10:13 AM
Agree.

"Group Sing"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:38 PM
HJC Medley

Posted by niteowl0205 on 05-05-10 at 09:41 PM
Does anyone but me think that Casey's parts in the opening medley didn't sound like him? Is it just the auto-tune, or did he really sing like that??

Posted by cahaya on 05-05-10 at 10:01 PM
Either way, he seemed to get an inordinate amount of camera time.

Posted by Maroonclown on 05-06-10 at 10:10 AM
I thought that on both pre-records that they did. He was smooth and in tune (ie - not pitchy at all)

"If we run late tonight"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:44 PM
It is HCJ's fault with the endless Sinatra story.

"RE: If we run late tonight"
Posted by niteowl0205 on 05-05-10 at 09:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-10 AT 09:48 PM (EST)

Welcome to the Harry Connick Jr.Show.

Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:47 PM
Used the commercial break to switch the cable so the DVR doesn't take me away at 10 pm sharp.

Posted by Estee on 05-05-10 at 09:52 PM
Was he worse than Casey?

Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:54 PM
I dunno, I think I passed out for a bit.

"HK Commercial."
Posted by Estee on 05-05-10 at 09:49 PM
Because after this leaves the air, we'll still need incompetence in our lives.

"Results 2"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:51 PM
Lee is still safe.

Crystal--start a group on the far side by the piano.
Michael--start a group on the near side of the stage
Aaron--join Mike on the near side
Casey--stand next to Crystal

Lee, if you had to choose (head drops) would you choose if I asked you to pick the safe group. NO!

Audience yell for a bit.

After the nationwide vote.

Lee is safe (GET ON WITH IT)

Mike and Aaron, the bottom two this week.

"RE: Results 2"
Posted by niteowl0205 on 05-05-10 at 09:53 PM
Can we please not see Mike anymore? I didn't want him already and I don't want him again. I'd rather watch Aaron, at least he's a bit humble.

"RE: Results 2"
Posted by zazzy on 05-08-10 at 10:15 AM
Judges' save makes the top 4. That's what they wanted all along.

"And the lesson here?"
Posted by Estee on 05-05-10 at 09:54 PM
Performance means nothing!

"Bottom Two--Who goes home?"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:56 PM
Mike vs Aaron.

After the nationwide vote the person whose idol journey ends tonight is Aaron Kelly.

Mike you are in the top four.

"Checks eyebrow movement meter"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:56 PM
Movement = NONE!

"RE: Checks eyebrow movement meter"
Posted by Estee on 05-05-10 at 09:58 PM
I'll admit to a very small smile on seeing Mike & Aaron's farewell, but eyebrows? Zilch.

Posted by zazzy on 05-08-10 at 10:17 AM
I saw that flicker of a smile, too.

What's with the eyebrows discussion?

Posted by cahaya on 05-05-10 at 09:59 PM
I didn't quite catch what Mike told Aaron, but from the tone of it I gather he's like a big brother to him.

Kinda sad to see Aaron go. Based on last nights performances I would have rather seen the goat go instead.

Posted by Tummy on 05-06-10 at 10:36 AM
There's a part of me that is glad Casey's still there, the part that is still irritated with the judges for throwing Siobhan under the bus for weeks. I might even smile a little if one of their chosen go before Casey.

"RE: Bottom Two--Who goes home?"
Posted by Loree on 05-05-10 at 09:59 PM
I am not an Aaron fan but I would have rather seen Big Mike leave. I really can't take Mike anymore.

Posted by niteowl0205 on 05-05-10 at 10:01 PM
I know! Really bummed now. Not because I thought Aaron could ever win, but because Mike is 'yawn'..........

Posted by mindy23 on 05-06-10 at 10:25 AM
I don't know if anyone noticed, but Aaron had that 'look' on his face all evening. He was NOT a happy boy, like he usually is. I think he got a bug in his ear early on, and KNEW his number was up.

Poor little guy. I liked him, but knew sooner or later, by top 3 he'd be out. Just wish it would've been Mike. Tired of his pouty face.

"Sings us out"
Posted by Snidget on 05-05-10 at 09:58 PM
With Fly Me to the Moon, heck the orchestra is on stage, might as well.

"RE: Sings us out"
Posted by cahaya on 05-05-10 at 10:00 PM
As always, thanks, Snidget, for singing us in and singing us out.

Posted by Maroonclown on 05-06-10 at 10:40 AM
I'm over Casey. I don't know when it happened or even how it happened but it has happened and I can't manage to pull it back.

*sits on the front porch, alone and lonely*

Posted by zazzy on 05-08-10 at 10:20 AM
Awwwwww. Darn.

Posted by mtb002 on 05-08-10 at 11:00 PM
Is it the uncanny physical/vocal resemblance to Stevie Nicks? Maybe that's just me.

"Antique Shoppe "
Posted by Maroonclown on 05-10-10 at 09:46 AM
---------Antique Shoppe Epilogue, by guest author------

The screen door closed with a muffled “bang:”.

Casey ambled over to the old porch swing where MC sat swinging gently.

“What’s the matter, MC? I didn’t think we were done?“ Casey said wistfully while flashing a grin.

“We’re done, Casey. “ MC said with some emphasis on the word “done”. “We’re more than done“, she muttered under her breath.

She didn’t know quite what it was, but all of a sudden his big feet bugged her, and she noticed that he ate a LOT of garlic and no mouthwash or toothpaste would cover it because the smell was pouring out of his pores after they….no, no, chase that out of her mind, she thought as she shook her head , because that’s what will draw her back in.

But it wasn’t just those things.

There were other turn offs, too. Like when he threw in the goat vibrato in every song when he performed on AI. Every darn song! When he sang for her while they lay in the hammock in the back yard, she never caught even a hint of the vibrato. She loved laying in the hammock, gently swaying while Casey lay next to her with his arms around her., his lean body shifted onto her lithe one, one of his legs thrown over her. It’s like he enveloped her. The sun played peek-a-boo through the leaves and warmed them just the right amount. He would start to sing, softly in her ear. And she thrilled to it, all the way down to her toes, as it were. Things progressed from there, and it was always a nice prelude to the afternoon’s fun inside the Antique Shoppe.

“Casey, Why do you always do that, uh, what did Kara call it? Lamb thing? “, MC asked, with her eyes downcast.

“Hah! She said “sheep”. Casey chortled.

“Oh, yes, but why, Casey?” MC responded.

“Well, it’s worked for me so far, MC. Casey retorted. “Like when I came out and just did a straight up Bob Seger song. I knew it would be enough for me to get votes to be there the next week. And the vibrato makes me stand out from the others. “

“Yes, Casey, but when you sang like you did on “Jealous Guy” that’s what really moved me. Don’t you think that the vibrato is, at this point, well, overdone?” MC responded, and she looked off into the distance, down the road, her voice trailing off as she spoke.

“Shucks, MC, I made the top 4, Lord willing. Big Mike’s a judges’ favorite since they saved him and all, and we know they like Crystal. And Lee, heck, he already has two albums out and has made videos to support them. Simon can't say enough nice things to him. It's like he wants to get up on stage and do it for him. I know the score. I know it’s probably “it” for me this week. I’m just playin’ the game till I can get on tour and see what the audience reaction really is. “ Casey smiles to himself. “Maybe they’ll be some panty-throwing for me, who knows? They threw ‘em at Adam last year and the guy’s an avowed gay.”

MC shifted in her seat on the swing. She still held her gaze, looking at some far point down the road.

Casey, in a soft, pleading tone, “You’ll come see me on tour, won’t you, MC?”

MC turned her gaze on Casey. “No, darlin’.” It’s the Antique Shoppe for me. You’ll just have to think of me when you are on tour and sing a song without vibrato. At least one, Casey, for me.”

There was something in her tone that cut through Casey. He could tell that something was different. What a week this was going to be. Most likely to get booted (have you seen the suggested song list? You know Big Mike’s gonna do a Bryon Adams song, this week was made for him!) and now MC’s turned cold, too. He knew instinctively what it meant.

He reached down to pick up his guitar case and walked over to MC at the swing.

“Yes, MC. For you, yes. At least one song on the tour without vibrato. And I’ll be thinking of you and the Antique Shoppe each time I sing it. I’ll be singing to you. And,” he said, running his hand down her face and cupping her chin, “I’ll always have the “inside the Antique Shoppe” times to keep me ….sane…on the bus with Big Mike, Aaron, Lee, Tim, and Andrew.”

He bent down and kissed her, a deep soulful kiss, and then turned around, whistling, “You’ll Accompany Me” as he stepped off the porch. He sauntered on down the road, guitar case in hand, and didn’t look back.

MC stretched out on the porch swing and threw her arm over her eyes. It was a long time until AI season 10 and who knows if there would be anyone “Antique Shoppe” worthy?

Weeks later, the UPS man rang the doorbell. MC approached the screen door, wondering why the UPS man was here because she hadn’t bought or sold anything on EBAY for a few weeks. Her heart hadn’t been in it.

“Sign here” the UPS man said holding out his clipboard.

MC eyed him, wondering if he needed lemonade, and noted his well defined biceps.

Then she saw the package’s return address. It was from a saddle shop in Texas. A smile crept across her face, and she opened the screen door wider. “Lemonade? “ she offered the UPS man.

“Wow, thanks, yes, it’s hot enough for frying an egg on the hood of my truck” he said.

As he came through the door, MC took the package, tore it open on one end, and reached in. She smiled slyly as she felt the new whip coiled inside the package. “Thanks, Casey” she said softly to herself.

Thank you zazzy. I couldn't have said it better myself - - MC

"RE: Antique Shoppe "
Posted by zazzy on 05-10-10 at 07:25 PM
Most welcome, MC. You're a naughty one!