URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 294
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Rock Star - How many eps per week?"

Posted by byoffer on 07-06-06 at 03:30 PM
Remind me how this worked last season??

Last night on Canadian TV there were 3 RockStar shows (the first 2 were on Global, the latter on the US network)

1 - From 7:00-8:00 there was the house show (introductions, house dynamics, song selection, and rehearsal). I only caught a bit of this at the end. That is were it was shown that Ryan Star couldn't find a room to sleep in and was "the loner".

2 - 8:00-9:30 was the performances.

3 - 9:30-11:00 was the performances again.

Tonight is the results, right??

This reminds me a bit of the adventures of Treasure Hunter from this week, where Global showed something different from the US. STRANGE....

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Where are the webisodes?"
Posted by Hoobie on 07-06-06 at 06:01 PM
In the U.S., they aired the competition only from 8:00-9:30 (I'm not sure if it was replayed immediately after or not). We didn't get the pre-show.

I'm looking online, and can't find the webisodes - help~

"RE: Where are the webisodes?"
Posted by cheesybread on 07-06-06 at 06:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 06:14 PM (EST)

I found it at this link:

http://rockstar.msn.com/#MainNav.Episode

At the bottom of the page you should find a link to the "week 1 reality episode". It is shown in 4 parts, so keep watching after the first one.

(BTW: I can never get the video to work in Firefox (I wonder why microsoft won't support Firefox on this site? ;P ) so you might want to just use IE for this whole rockstar site.)

One more thing: the video links launch in a pop-up so you will need to disable pop-up blocking for this site (or click with the ctrl key down.)

"RE: Where are the webisodes?"
Posted by Iam_Xtreme on 07-11-06 at 08:42 AM
Thank you for the link! I enjoyed watching it and am excited to see what tonights show brings.

Signature Created By: tribephyl

"RE: Rock Star - How many eps per week?"
Posted by cheesybread on 07-06-06 at 06:07 PM

Maybe it's different in Canada but I thought that only the performance and elimination shows would be shown on TV. The "reality" or house episodes (i.e. the drama) would be restricted to internet play only.

Last summer they started out with each epsode type showing on consecutive nights (monday: house, tuesday: performance, wednesday: elimination), but halfway through the season they shunted the house episodes to VH1 for casual weekend viewing.

I thought that I could do without the reality episodes and just watch the performance but after watching the first reality episode online I realized that discovering the true talent of these people is seeing them interact, jam, rehearse, and generally be creative. Only the end result is shown on the performance show.

One example is Chris: His version of Roxanne was real tough in my opinion. Based on the performance one might think, how did he make it on the show as I did. But after watching the first challenge on the reality show, where Tommy challenged contestants to come up with lyrics and record with a base "Supernova" track, you could see a much more talented musician. He went first and sounded very good. Then after song selection we got to see him rehearsing, trying to do the song in the range of Sting, but just didn't have it. So he did what he could to bring the song to him while trying to stay true to the song. Now which example is more indicitive of his true talent is a matter of opinion, but at least with the reality episode we are given another point of view to consider.

So, short story long, cool that Canada is showing all the episodes. Why not the US too?

Posted by xwraith27 on 07-06-06 at 08:55 PM
We get two episodes here in the Philippines: thirty minutes (or an hour, I forget) of the mansion clips and an hour and a half of the performances, with replays at 9PM and midnight. Yeah, I'm also wondering why the US doesn't just show everything on TV. Are the website clips free?

Posted by Glow on 07-07-06 at 03:20 PM
Not enough. I'll die before Tuesday. {/drama}

an arkie work of art