URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2925
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Who picks up votes from Andrew's and Katie's fans?"

Posted by zazzy on 04-15-10 at 10:15 PM
We're at the point where the fans switching from the booted to someone remaining can make a difference in who can remain safe.

Who gets Andrew's fans' votes? And Katie's? It isn't as obvious to me as in some year's past.

Take Katie--do her voters switch to Siobhan, another contestant from the northeast, young woman with pipes? Or do they switch to a Tim or Aaron?

And Andrew...I'm not seeing an obvious swap out here. Andrew fans...who are you switching to or are you going to stop voting?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Who picks up votes from Andrew's and Katie's fans?"
Posted by cahaya on 04-16-10 at 01:11 AM
It seems the Katie votes will go to someone else. Katie is a fairly conventional singer, so I'd put my money more on Crystal than Siobhan, although they'll split it. I doubt many of her votes will go to one of the guys, with probably Lee being the top getter.

I tend to agree that a chuck of Andrew's die-hard voters will cease voting. (And given their lack of musical tastes, I sure hope so.) He doesn't have the boyish appeal that Tim and Aaron have, and it's hard to compare him to Casey, much less Big Mike. Again, I think of the guys, Lee will probably benefit most.

All told, between the two of them going out, I'd see a positive shift more towards Crystal, a bit towards Siobhan, and a bit towards Lee.

Posted by vince3 on 04-16-10 at 01:55 AM
The rich get richer, then......

Posted by Snidget on 04-16-10 at 07:14 AM
Yep, that is how I see it.

Katie voters:
Some will go to the girls, even though I think most of the audience would be happy with an all boy all the time show with nary a girl to be seen. Even if it is the girls that seem to generally have better post-Idol careers. No one seems to want to vote for the girls, lately.

Some I think will go to Aaron for the "teen like me" vote. I think he'll get more than Tim, but Tim could pick up some of the "I like to vote for the cute" vote.

I've never had a good read on Andrew voters. I know he had a large you-tube fan club before the show and I don't know how many of his voters are American Idol fans vs just vote for Andrew fans.

I think if anything some of his votes will go to Lee as people know they are friends and Andrew would want Lee to do well. That may resolve the Lee-Casey being similar type of singers to Lee. I think once we lose one or the other (and the rocker guy fans seem to be split between them with sometimes one doing better than the other depending on what they sing that week) the other one will probably make it at least to the final three if not the final two.

If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity. - Bill Vaughan

Posted by zazzy on 04-16-10 at 04:42 PM
Hmmm forgot about AI trying to make an Andrew--Lee bromance like Kris--Adam, Kradam, last year. Did that take hold at all this year?

Posted by Snidget on 04-16-10 at 04:53 PM
I'm not going to go looking to see how much Andrew/Lee Slash type fan fiction is out there. *shudder*

I still haven't recovered from Crystal's Gokey-baby comment.