URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 292
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Invalid User ID"

Posted by willinCal on 09-30-05 at 08:52 PM
Hello...I'm having trouble signing on with another user ID. I had to create a new one just so I can post this. It's telling me I have an invalid user ID. I triple checked the spelling and password, but it's still not working. I hate to give up on the other user ID because I've got over 130 DAWs under my belt. Do I give up on the previous and start anew?

Thanks

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Me too"
Posted by strid33 on 09-30-05 at 09:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-05 AT 09:44 PM (EST)

This is a new login name for me too. I'm normally strid333. I believe the last time I posted was this morning saying that I can do Ep 5 SOTS for Survivor. I do not want to keep using this login. It only has 2 3s in it and is not a perfect login name lol. If you have info, please send it to me in my strid333 email address (or pm me at either - if either works) because I used my dad's email address to create this login.

Edit to add. I used Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox and it didn't work for either. I use IE the most for this website.

"RE: Invalid User ID"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 09-30-05 at 10:14 PM
Hello, early this evening we encountered a data corruption issue. Although all user registrations prior to 9/28/2005 have been restored, some message board users who registered usernames between 9/28 and 9/30 may continue to experience login issues when attempting to login.

We are making every effort to restore this user data, however should you encounter this error please re-register your account information. Thank you.

Posted by strid333 on 09-30-05 at 10:24 PM
Woo hoo. Thank you for the info. Obviously, I'm back in my true form.

Three is the perfect number.

Posted by flipxcyd on 10-01-05 at 02:34 AM
Yay! Thank you much.

Posted by sharon2 on 11-25-05 at 11:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-05 AT 11:52 AM (EST)

>Hello, early this evening we encountered
>a data corruption issue.
>Although all user registrations prior
>to 9/28/2005 have been restored,
>some message board users who
>registered usernames between 9/28 and
>9/30 may continue to experience
>login issues when attempting to
>login.
>
>We are making every effort to
>restore this user data, however
>should you encounter this error
>please re-register your account information.
>Thank you.

I note the logon problem the orignal poster had was a while ago. I'm wondering if the logon problems are happening again and if they'll be resolved. I have to use a new ID to access now, would prefer my original but maybe that's not possible.

(I've tried Firefox, Opera & IE, still unable to access.
Re-registering worked but had to create this new ID)

Posted by elaine1 on 01-19-06 at 07:23 AM
After trying numerous times this morning I was not able to sign on using my old name, elaine0, and had to create a new account.

Any idea if this problem will be corrected?

Posted by AR_nutz on 01-19-06 at 07:32 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-06 AT 08:49 AM (EST)

I am having the same problem this morning. *pouts* When I log in as ARnutz, the screen says Invalid UserID.

I also tried my son's ID (Nutzboy) and it didn't work either.

ETA: Oh no! I hope that the reason I am having a problem is not that my son and I share a computer and thus we have the same IP address! I am not using a duplicate ID. Could it have been mistaken that I was? He has recently joined so he can take part in the games on the sports forum.

Posted by kathliam on 01-19-06 at 08:54 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-06 AT 08:55 AM (EST)

I could not log in this morning either. Also received 'Invalid User ID' message. I re-registered (under same name), and may have screwed myself out of 2500 hard-earned DAW postings, but wanted Webby to know some problems are still out there.

Edited to add: nope, it appears my points came along with re-registration. Woo and hoo!

Kathliam

Posted by ARnutz on 01-19-06 at 09:00 AM
Thanks for the tip kath!!! I did the same as you did and now I'm A-OK! Phew!

Posted by Estee on 01-19-06 at 09:18 AM
Same problem here, tried the same solution. I was wondering what I'd done to be banned.

I mean, more than usual.

Posted by zipperhead on 01-19-06 at 09:34 AM
I had the exact same thought.

Blame it on the new "monitors". One day on the job and they're already trashing the place.

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 02-22-06 at 11:56 PM
Not enough, apparently.

Posted by Maroonclown on 01-19-06 at 10:11 AM
Holy Hannah! I wasn't sure if I got thrown out or what.

Good to be back.

Rolly Sig Shop

"UPDATE"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 01-19-06 at 10:40 AM
Hi folks, I've posted a forum announcement about this:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=read_announcements#1

Everyone who registered pre-1/16/2006 should be fine now, if you aren't, please email me.

Thanks,
SB

"RE: UPDATE"
Posted by syren on 01-19-06 at 10:53 AM
While I can log in now, I cannot if I click on the remember me when I return box. And my flag won't go away.

I keep getting excited thinking new message...then nothing.

"RE: UPDATE"
Posted by Snidget on 02-23-06 at 09:05 AM
You might check your cookie settings.

I find when I go through and delete all the cookies I will have to log in to all the sites that remember me. For Internet Explorer look at the Internet Options under tools, click on the privacy tab and see what your cookies are set to. I'm usually at Medium and that seems to let the cookies from here work.

If you keep the privacy at a higher level you might be able to tell it to let this site have access even if you normally wouldn't let other sites do so.
K.