URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 2913
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AI9 Top 9 Performance Show ECST "

Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 07:13 PM
Well boys and girls how much you wanna bet they can't manage to cram 9 performances into two hours without going over. As soon as they know they have a bit of leeway they'll take forever to talk and talk about the first few peeps and still won't make time with speed judging the last 4 people.

Anyway, keep whatever happens tonight, which Beatles songs are murdered, and what they do for filler on this thread until the West Coast has finished watching it for themselves. No sig pics. Sig pics send Kara's Hormone patch into overdrive.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: AI9 Top 9 Performance Show ECST "
Posted by vince3 on 04-06-10 at 07:16 PM
Expect Simon to be triple seething tonight:

1. AI lost to DWTS last week

2. They're gonna murder his fellow countrymen's music.

3. Adam Lambert is both Mentor and Musical Guest for Results Night.........

"Speaking of betting..."
Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 07:24 PM
...here are the updated professionally-rated (by Internet standards) payout Odds To Win for the remaining contestants. courtesy of VernonCroy.com.

Aaron Kelly: 20/1
Andrew Garcia: 20/1
Casey James: 7/1
Crystal Bowersox: 1/1
Katie Stevens: 40/1
Lee Dewyze: 3/1
Michael Lynche: 8/1
Siobhan Magnus: 9/2
Tim Urban: 100/1

Personally, I wouldn't give you five cents that we'd get through tonight without hitting Imagine.

"Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 08:01 PM
Next week might only hour, Glee is back?

Judges backstage. Top 9 season 9 and

This Is American Idol.

"RE: Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 08:03 PM
Judges walk across the stage.
Ryan down the stairs of doom.

Top 9 walk on after brief notice of some blond girl that got eliminated last week.

Lennon/McCartney Video Package.

"Paul's Generic Good Wishes."
Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 08:07 PM
'I have no idea how many contestants I'm speaking to, where this is being aired, or what they're going to do with our music. But hey, they're writing the check!'

"RE: Paul's Generic Good Wishes."
Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 08:09 PM
In short, he'll appreciate the added income and billboard counts from the spike in downloads even if he doesn't need it.

Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 08:06 PM
Randy: Some of the best songs ever, bring it.
Ellen: How many songs have they written. Like Blackbird, Michelle, Day tripper, Across the Univers.
Ryan: so you are a fan.
Kara" They are as meaningful and relevant. Some of the best melodies themes still relevant today.
Simon. Kara is on good form.

Change Up or stick to the original. Simon says sometimes yes, sometimes no. If I may continue. Some songs shouldn't be changed, but wants to hear something not exactly like the original.

Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 08:10 PM
Simon says sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Did you know that having more than a hundred former contestants simul-vomit registers as a 1.8 quake?

Posted by whimsey on 04-06-10 at 08:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-10 AT 08:39 PM (EST)

Is it me, or is Simon extra orange tonight?

"Aaron Kelly"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 08:11 PM
Asked them to describe each other.

Aaron small, but Jedi Mind Tricks and Yoda voice.

Aaron not sure if it is a compliment or not.

The Long and Winding Road

"RE: Aaron Kelly"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 08:16 PM
Back up singers on the ledge above the stage.

That is pitchy, but they will tell him how perfect it was.

Many times ago?

Randy. aaarrrgh the things I like were you have a great voice and tone. The song was sleepy and the song needed to be changed up.

Ellen. I think you are fantastic. Big song. Felt like a long and winding song. Listen I know, um.

Kara. When it come together it works, but for what you are trying to do you have to be great. Same performance every weeks. See you move. seeing the same side of you.

Says he has plans for next week.

Simon. Why choose this and stick with this arrangement.

He didn't want to change such a great song.

The problem was at 17 it was old fashioned and boring (boo!, very loud boo!) You have to be young and relevant. You need to have a moment.

Posted by whimsey on 04-06-10 at 08:27 PM
Same ole same ole

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 08:30 PM
Yeah, I think Kara got it right with her comments. Sure, this was never meant to be a fast song (just the song title will tell you this), but I just thought it was lackluster. Aaron could have sung that in the same key with the same arrangement and done much better with it.

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 08:17 PM
It turns out to be a long and winding song that doesn't do justice to the original. I like this guy, but I think he fell flat this week.

"Revving the engine."
Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 08:19 PM
I don't think that was ever meant to be a fast song, period. I had no objections to Aaron using the original arrangement and thought he handled it fairly well. The show is trying to shove him into its mandatory box for young singers: be new, be high-energy, be something we can sell to Disney! -- and this week, he ignored it.

Next week? Total submission with showing of throat.

"RE: Revving the engine."
Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 08:56 PM
Just guessing here, but I think he's of the character such that he won't submit to selling himself out. (Even if that's what many singers do.)

Posted by mathiascruz on 04-06-10 at 08:51 PM
he's got the voice. but i think there were more talented singers who didn't make it to the top 12.

Posted by whimsey on 04-06-10 at 09:05 PM
True enough, mathiascruz true enough. Agreed.

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 09:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-10 AT 09:12 PM (EST)

True, he's got a really good pleasant-sounding voice. It's just that I don't think I could wade through a whole LP of his songs sounding much the same. As I said before, I like him, but I think he needs to show more variety.

"Drink of the night"
Posted by whimsey on 04-06-10 at 08:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-10 AT 08:23 PM (EST)

Drink of the night

Kir Royale

snack of the night

mushrooms stuffed with feta and spinach, chopped salad

Dessert over in the DWTS forum.

"RE: Drink of the night"
Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 08:16 PM
Never had a Kir Royale before (what is it?) so I'll give it a try.

Posted by whimsey on 04-06-10 at 08:32 PM
Kir is a black currant liqueur, mixed with champaign ...
Kir Royale

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 08:42 PM
Hmmm... that is different. I only got introduced to (non-alcoholic) blackcurrant drinks in SE Asia, where they are quite popular.

Posted by Sues on 04-06-10 at 08:29 PM
yummy!

"Insta-survey."
Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 08:20 PM
Since Hollywood Week, has Ellen completed:

A. 100 or more sentences.
B. 50-99 sentences.
C. 25-49 sentences.
D. 1=24 sentences.
E. There is no period. There is only an infinite series of commas.

"RE: Insta-survey."
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 08:31 PM
E.

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 08:33 PM
F. There's no point.

Posted by whimsey on 04-06-10 at 08:38 PM
You guys!

"Katie Stevens"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 08:23 PM
Getting Backstage after interviews to fill up time.

Katie on the Coke Stools of Doom.
Five offers for Prom. Send her your phone bills and she will go with whoever voted for her more.

Katie is fun and the little sister. Single Ladies Dance thingy. She's heard Let it Be from her Dad playing it a lot.

Let it Be

"RE: Katie Stevens"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 08:28 PM
Piano on the stage.
Big glory note. Changed up the melody a bit.
Did a nice job, a few high notes were weak.

Randy. To me this is your best performance ever. It reaffirms that dude those are hot vocals ans why you are in the top 9.

Ellen. Changing it just enough to make it your own without disrespecting the song.

Kara. In the bottom three two weeks in a row. Make the song your own and blossoming on that stage. Your attitude, you are confident tonight. You never looked better, and you never sounded better.

Simon. The whole thing is when you are in the bottom consistently doing something wrong. you got it right. Don't want to take all the credit. you are leaning in the direction I am telling you to go. Kara starts singing.

What was different it felt you were singing it about somebody rather than being robotic.

Posted by whimsey on 04-06-10 at 08:42 PM
Nice performance, but I'm still not onboard the "Katie" train.

"Silly Season begins."
Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 08:30 PM
So what did Katie do? A slow arrangement highly reminiscent of the original, which did nothing to 'youthen' or pop up the song. Same routine Aaron did, basically. Which, if held to the same standard, should have set her up for a four-way shredding.

Actual results may vary. And did.

And you wonder why the contestants get confused.

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 08:32 PM
A surprisingly good, though not stellar, performance from Katie, who I thought wouldn't be able to handle any Lennon-McCartney song, much less this huge song. Thumbs up for her improvement this week. First time I didn't get up in the middle of her song to grab a snack or something.

Posted by whimsey on 04-06-10 at 08:45 PM
Oh, cahaya, you should know you never have to get up for a drink or a snack......

Posted by mathiascruz on 04-06-10 at 08:49 PM
ok performance, nothing special. but i think i'm getting to accept her being in the top 12

"Andrew Garcia"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 08:35 PM
He is goofy and makes them all laugh. They all think he has a personality. Roomed with Lee Hollywood week they are friends.

Can’t Buy Me Love

"RE: Andrew Garcia"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 08:39 PM
Playing guitar behind the judges.

Like that better than I usually do for Andrew.

Randy. It was a solid performance, a little corny because it was so pop. Alright.

Ellen. You can buy love. Am I right Simon? It was fun and I loved it.

Kara. I want to love it. I haven't seen anything new. What I already know. I'm not sure people were digging it as the love the song. Loved the breakdown though.

Simon. When you go to a wedding and the guitarist sings a song. I know what you were trying to do, but the band overpowered it. Made it corny and old fashioned and irrelevant. You and the band got it all wrong.

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 08:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-10 AT 08:41 PM (EST)

Half of his problem is that he needs a band to overpower him. I liked the arrangement and rhythm but didn't care much for his somewhat monotonous voice. The acoustic guitar was just an added accessory.

Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 08:43 PM
*!gong!*

I kept waiting for him to adjust his glasses. I wondered if his suit was pushing his entire body up through his neck. I became curious as to whether the total number of hairstylists he's seen in his life is less than two. And I channel-glanced to see if Pamela had been beaten to death by the High Queen Beyotch's fanbase yet. In short, I did everything except pay attention to Andrew's singing, because that way lay boredom. And we've got plenty, thanks.

BTW, Ellen, Simon doesn't buy love. He rents.

Posted by whimsey on 04-06-10 at 08:54 PM
I enjoyed the performance. Very entertained.

Posted by mathiascruz on 04-06-10 at 08:55 PM
thought he was great. his voice is very pleasant to the ears.

"Michael Lynche"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 08:46 PM
Big Mike. Katie was on the same plane. The Incredible Hulk just got on our plane. He snores really loud. Big Teddy Bear. His family was a performing family and they would sing this.

Eleanor Rigby

"RE: Michael Lynche"
Posted by grit on 04-06-10 at 08:48 PM
Ugh. Did not like that.

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 08:55 PM
Hmmm... Simon's confused. I'm also a bit confused. I'm a huge Big Mike fan, but didn't quite get this one. (Big Mike and violins in the background?) Sure, good vocals, strong stage presence, solid arrangement, but this performance won't move him up the voting ranks.

Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 08:51 PM
Starts slows and falsetto, has strings on the stage. I guess this is R and B ing it up.

what is with the monster wallet chains? I do not get that fashion statement.

Randy. I'm loving that you have reached a point that not all of that worked, but the parts that worked were great. you have license to do whatever you do. That could be on your album. I love seeing the artist in you blossom.

E. you can do anything, every song, so many sides, handle them equally well, huge risk, some may not like it...incredible.

Kara. That was fire, how you changed it up and the drama and building but you were committed you made it commercial today. Relevant to this generation, that is what this show is about. Great job.

Simon. I didn't love it as much. I'm not a huge fan of musicals. What you see and hear in musicals. I'm going to disagree. I think it made you go backwards. It was what it was. I thought it was too over the top and I'm slightly confused as to what kind of artist you want to be.

Randy get in a Glee plug.

Posted by whimsey on 04-06-10 at 08:55 PM
Loved it.

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 09:10 PM
I love Mike and I liked his performance tonight, but I guess I've set the bar a lot higher for him than most of the contestants this season, so perhaps I'm being more critical of him. He is indeed a bar above.

Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 08:53 PM
Where did that come from? And how do we get more of it?

Did he just say he was in an act named The Lynche Mob?

Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 08:57 PM
I think that is what he said.

Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 09:03 PM
I was afraid of that.

I'm trying to think of a worse name. I'm not doing well.

Posted by mathiascruz on 04-06-10 at 09:01 PM
great as always. the best singer in the competition, no doubt. i don't understand where the judges were coming from.

Posted by Sues on 04-06-10 at 09:09 PM
I like him too...he is so much better than Rueben...

Posted by true on 04-06-10 at 09:46 PM
I don't get the Big Mike love. He bores the crap out of me. The guy just screams phoney bologna. Yuck.

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 10:06 PM
If you want to call it baloney, spell it baloney.

'Bologna' is lunch meat.

Posted by true on 04-07-10 at 07:28 AM
LOL! The spelling police have struck again! If you disagree with my opinion, just say so. No need to play teacher. sheesh.

Besides, it is quite possible that Big Mike is full of lunch meat.

Posted by cahaya on 04-07-10 at 09:22 AM
Hah!

Well, I do disagree with you, I like Mike, but that's par for the course in any forum like this -- folks have their preferences.

I do agree, though, Mike was lackluster this week and I wouldn't be surprised he's ranking pretty low on the voting.

Posted by Glow on 04-07-10 at 11:57 AM
*bows to the greatness that is true*

Posted by cahaya on 04-07-10 at 12:23 PM
*snort!*

"Crystal Bowersox"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 09:00 PM
Crystal on the stools of doom.

She has a bit of a cold. They have made changes in her home town. They have a town sign now.

Mama Sox. She is an artist and goofy. Was in line next to Lee in Chicago.
Chose this song because it is fun.

Didgeridoo on stage.

Come Together

"RE: Crystal Bowersox"
Posted by whimsey on 04-06-10 at 09:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-10 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

Gotta love a digeridoo! Should have been miked though.

correction, it was miked, just not strong enough.

Posted by bostonrobfan on 04-06-10 at 09:04 PM
Crystal knocked it out of the park again!

Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 09:06 PM
The worst mistake in that performance: her choice of primary accompanying instrument. There were a couple of points in the song where the didgeridoo started to overwhelm her voice, and there was nothing she could do about it.

Beyond that, standard Crystal: bohemian rhapsodizing.

Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 09:06 PM
Playing the guitar. Changed up the melody a bit in the chorus. Missed the mike when she was looking at her fingering for a moment.

Randy. Yo, yoyo, another solid peformance. Started slow and got in your groove at the end. Even though the didgeridoo thing was kind of distracting you won me over.

Ellen. Loved the didgeridoo. I worry bout a new way to tell you how great you are, it is just you never cease to amaze me, how do you improve, what, and you did, I could hear that on your album, I loved it.

Kara. I think this is one of my favorite performances. you made the song had a Bonnie Raitt feel. It was slinky and you were smiling. Sometimes you are serious. More accessible tonight.

Simon. That is a performance I could hear on the radio. Interesting to say in your film being true to yourself. Why you are working. Did he pass out. Brings Ernie out. He is the contractor and he said he'd do it.

It was quirky, you work well together, that is how you make it contemporary and on the radio. Much better than last week.

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 09:08 PM
That was totally cool. The didgeridoo and the melodic rhythm almost made it psychedelic. Although I've been cautious week to week about jumping into the Crystal crowd, I dug this song. Wooooooooooo.

Posted by Sues on 04-06-10 at 09:11 PM
I dig her lots....one of the main reasons I watch this year..

Posted by mathiascruz on 04-06-10 at 09:38 PM
agree

Posted by mathiascruz on 04-06-10 at 09:15 PM
wow, my favorite performance of the night

"Tim Urban"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 09:12 PM
Rhianna performs. One of Kara's artists and Arcuhleta will be on tomorrow.

Tim is always smiling. Picked a song that was fun and wanted to sing with a smile and put a smile on people's faces.

All My Loving

"RE: Tim Urban"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 09:18 PM
Playing the electric guitar.

Arrhythmic clapping from the audience. This song suits his voice quite well.

I'm smiling.

Randy. What is cool you are in your own category A good time performance. Much better than the last couple of weeks. You rocking a Beatles do. Did something different with my hair. Randy likes it.

Ellen. Perfect song choice for you. Have that Paul M. look about you.

Kara. Your best performances with a guitar and it feels more honest. You did take some of our criticisms. Doing something with the melody. Hard to listen to what we are dishing out. You can smile.

Simon. not judge you as Randy did. Taking everything into consideration did really well with that song. No gimmicks just you and the guitar it suited your voice sounds current. you take the criticism like man, not whinging. You have to put it in the right context. If you have to take a few bobs on the way, it is a short cut to fame and you handled yourself well.

Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 09:20 PM
So the clapping finally matches the performance...

It looks like Simon really is back on the Sanjaya express: the only way to derail this is by throwing a few bars of praise in front of the engine. I'd love to get a word-for-word comparison on that little speech vs. what he said to the ponyhawk a few seasons back -- there was deja vu' everywhere, and it was all being used as a weapon.

Posted by whimsey on 04-06-10 at 09:31 PM
Again, Tim gets it.

Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 09:18 PM
return to sender
address unknown
no such number
no such zone

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 09:19 PM
Tim broke the VFTW weeks-in-a-row record last week (formerly held by Sanjaya) and he's going to continue that streak this week. I'd be surprised he ends up in the bottom 2. I'm with Randy, a great "Tim performance", but it's not something I'd keep the radio dial on.

Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 09:23 PM
But so far tonight, we haven't had a truly horrific performance -- which probably means we're looking at Katie in the B3 again.

Posted by mathiascruz on 04-06-10 at 09:26 PM
good performance. does he take your breath away? it does mine. sexy boy.

he always looks better though on the pretaped video/s than (he does) during the live performances.

"Casey James"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 09:25 PM
Pimping Bones' 100th episode on Thursday.

Casey is the playboy. They come up with soap opera names for him.
He has a big laugh.

Jealous Guy

"RE: Casey James"
Posted by Sues on 04-06-10 at 09:30 PM
I really liked that, it's like he made the room smaller

Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 09:31 PM
Playing the guitar.

Holy goat vibrato, Batman!

Cello player on stage with him.

Randy. I love you were playing the acoustic. Love the sensitive vibe. Great song. Impressed you took this leap. This season I am seeing individual artist. Wasn't the perfect vocal but heartfelt.

Ellen. It felt like it was about somebody Best performance to date. Soulful. Switching things up, felt, I was moved, great voice, pretty hair, pour yourself into a song, need to see more of,

Kara. What you showed was vulnerability. Tonight it was tasteful on the acoustic. Showed depth. I think you can do more still. You know you voice you can take it there. Push yourself and you did that.

Simon. Goldilocks. I think it was the best performance of the night so far. In terms of difference from a week ago. The difference has been ginormous. Your stamp on it and emotional. Very impressed with you.

GINORMOUS?

Posted by mathiascruz on 04-06-10 at 09:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-10 AT 09:32 PM (EST)

i find tim and lee sexier than casey. very good performance though. great voice. great emotions.definitely one of the best.

"'I don't know who that was about'."
Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 09:33 PM
The sexuality rumors have reached Randy! (But not Kara)

One of his better performances. Still a few vocal issues here and there, but he let the emotion into this one.

"RE: 'I don't know who that was about'."
Posted by mathiascruz on 04-06-10 at 09:49 PM
The sexuality rumors have reached Randy! (But not Kara)

what's that all about?

Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 10:21 PM
link

"Nonsense!"
Posted by Maroonclown on 04-07-10 at 09:48 AM
And even if he was he'd certainly be able to score someone better looking than that shlub!

*pounds foot on floor, storms off to seek the truth*

Estee, I missed your earlier post. You're funny. Oh, ya, real funny.

*wraps glad-cellophane around head to prevent 'splosion*

"*smiles sweetly*"
Posted by Estee on 04-07-10 at 09:59 AM
*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 10:24 PM
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID69/942.shtml

Posted by mathiascruz on 04-06-10 at 11:08 PM
i seriously doubt casey is. maybe evan from dancing with the stars, not casey.

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 09:33 PM
This is classic Casey, right in his zone. It's the first time I've heard him play the acoustic such that the plucked notes brought even more feeling into his song. Together, his voice and his play made for a fine performance.

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-07-10 at 09:56 AM
*thud*

"Siobhan Magnus"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 09:37 PM
Amazingly weird. Crazy notes.

Hoping to show a different side of her voice.

Across the Universe

"RE: Siobhan Magnus"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 09:43 PM
Piano on stage, sitting on a stool.

No bit glory note, a few high ones.

Randy. Wondering what you are going to do and wear. Nothing screamss artist. Like the tender side, had so much control over the song. A little sleepy. Follow your artistry.

Ellen. I am a big fan of people arching to beat of own drum, always honor who you are, you are special, always remember that, I love that song, I love it was different, thought it was beautiful.

Kara. From a singing perspective, hit the notes you had control. It was very restrained and polite. Trying to process it. I'm not sure you would hear that on the radio. Still a fan and you connected. Confused.

Simon. What were you connecting to.

She says nothing is going to change my world. I'm here for my sisters and nothing will change that. I'm not going change and you can't take that away from me.

Siobhan not take that away from you. Disaster last week. What is great is you are unpredictable. If they saw you the first time be confused. Much better than last week. Get the guy who yells to stand up. The boss says it was good, so good news for you.

Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 09:45 PM
Earl the Booer gets to come on stage and get a hug.

Posted by crs3192 on 04-06-10 at 10:23 PM
I'm going to sound crazy but...

I really don't like Siobhan.

I think she is EXTREMELY overrated. She sings through her nose most of the time and when she's not hitting crazy high notes, I find her truly boring. I never look forward to her performances and although I'm all for originality, I think that at some point, somebody has got to step in and help this girl find a proper wardrobe. Individuality is not an excuse for looking like you got dressed in the dark.

Posted by mathiascruz on 04-06-10 at 09:45 PM
she's got a very sweet voice but i don't think she did well. her notes were all over the place.

"Dear Kara,"
Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 09:47 PM
It's called 'range'. Is this your first encounter with it? And not every song has to be about radio play: there are things called 'concerts' and 'bonus tracks'. Seriously: how long have you been doing this?

That unpredictability is part of what's keeping me watching this season. Her skill is most of the rest.

"RE: Dear Kara,"
Posted by Sues on 04-06-10 at 09:48 PM
I agree with every single thing you said Estee....I think she's probably even better then we're seeing and maybe Kara is jealous? ;)~

Posted by sica077 on 04-07-10 at 07:03 PM
>It's called 'range'. Is this
>your first encounter with it?
>And not every song
>has to be about radio
>play: there are things
>called 'concerts' and 'bonus tracks'.
> Seriously: how long
>have you been doing this?

I could not agree with you more. How many people can say that their favorite song by their favorite artist is the single that is over-played by radio stations?

Side note: Kara makes me want to hurl.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-07-10 at 08:15 PM
What made me laugh about Kara was her response to Simon when Siobhan talked about being there for her sisters, they mean everything to her. Not once, but twice, we saw the camera pan to her as she said "good answer" to Simon. What is this? Family Feud?!

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 09:47 PM
Wow, that was unexpected. The half-wild don't-know-what-to-expect-next free spirit slows down and sings a very touching song. She got some major pre-song 'amazing' pimping that raised expectations, and she met them. Although I wouldn't make a habit of listening to songs like this one, count me still in Siobhan's camp.

Touching ending, too, in answering Simon's question. My eyes watered with hers.

Posted by gabygirl1 on 04-07-10 at 03:28 PM
I thought Siobhan's performance was truly top notch! There's a live chat about everything from this week tomorrow at 3 p.m. ET/Noon PT. I want to see who else agrees Siobhan was amazing!

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/american-idol/live-idol-chat-at-3-p.m.-et-thursday/

Denise (Fancast Team)

Posted by true on 04-06-10 at 09:50 PM
This girl is the only reason to tune in to this crap-fest each week. In a sea of boring wannabes, Siobhan is truly original.

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 04-07-10 at 09:00 AM
ugh, I just can't stand to look at her- I just want to wipe her face off- she looks like a little kid who got into mommy's makeup bag- plus I can't stand her voice, oh well I guess i don't really like her at all, LOL (oh and that 50's poodle hairdo- yikes! oh yeah her wardrobe svcks too) can you tell I'm not a fan?

"Lee Dewyze"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 09:50 PM
He is the worry wort. Always thinks he is going home. Lee and Andrew are brothers, or dating.

Has always loved this song.

Hey Jude

"'Lots of little Danny Gokey babies'."
Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 09:52 PM
*screams*

*flees apartment*

"RE: 'Lots of little Danny Gokey babies'."
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 09:56 PM
I thought that was what she said, but they closed captioner refused to type it in.

"RE: 'Lots of little Danny Gokey babies'."
Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 10:03 PM
Wow, even my ears blocked that one out. I didn't even notice.

"RE: Lee Dewyze"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 09:55 PM
Playing the guitar.

Where are the bagpipes they promised?

Oh there he is, coming down the stairs of doom, how random.

Randy. That guy was funny. I almost wore a kilt tonight. Bundle of nerves and after you are like god yes. you don't hve to be nervous, hot look for you. please believe.

Ellen. The confidence and smiling more, and ever when that guy got separated from his parade, you didn't even get rattled, I loved it.

Kara. More comfortable, some off moments, still a fan, that tone I can hear it on the radio, that's hot.

Simon. I don't know what you are drinking in the house, laughing about the bag pipe. No disrespect to you. You were doing great then the bag pipe player, like he turned up on the wrong show.

Posted by whimsey on 04-06-10 at 09:57 PM
Bagpipes and digeridoos. ...
Glad I bought tickets to this show.

Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 09:57 PM
Bagpipes.

Tartan lightshow.

Images of Randy in a kilt.

I wish I drank.

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 09:59 PM
While I dug the didgeridoo, I wasn't blown away by the bagpipe player. Unfortunately, I have to agree with Simon that it was a total distraction from what otherwise might have been a solid performance by Lee. Would I download one of his songs or buy a ticket to one of his concerts? Very likely not.

Posted by mrc on 04-07-10 at 04:52 PM
We laughed and laughed at the bagpiper, then rewound and laughed again.

Posted by cahaya on 04-07-10 at 05:25 PM
He really should have saved that one for next week, to go along with Adam Lambert's codpiece.

Posted by mathiascruz on 04-06-10 at 09:56 PM
he shouted his way into the song. i wasn't as impressed. but i still like him

Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 09:59 PM
Possibly the strongest night of the season.

I wish that was saying more than it is.

Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 10:02 PM
Totally agree (and you know that I sometimes like to debate things with you).

After the R&B train wreck, this Lennon-McCartney night (arguably easier to make a train wreck than the wide-ranging R&B tunes) turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

We might also see some reshuffling of the voting patterns, too, after a string of good performances all around.

"Early Dial Idol Numbers"
Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 10:10 PM
20.6 Crystal
10.5 Lee
6.5 Siobhan
4.6 Katie
3.4 Casey
2.9 Big Mike
1.5 Aaron
1.4 Tim
0.9 Andrew

I guess all of Andrew's voters text or something.

"RE: Early Dial Idol Numbers"
Posted by cahaya on 04-06-10 at 10:26 PM
I guess all what few there are of Andrew's voters text or something.

Fixed that one. Look for him in the bottom 2 tomorrow night.

Posted by Snidget on 04-06-10 at 10:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-10 AT 10:42 PM (EST)

I've given up all hope. He'll be in the finale, I just know it.

Updated numbers.

13 Crystal
8 Lee
3.7 Katie
3.5 Siobhan
2.8 Big Mike
2.5 Casey
1.2 Aaron
1.1 Andrew
1.1 Tim

Ranked by Total votes (busy + Votes from DI)

1. Crystal
2. Casey
3. Siobhan
4. Tim
5. Katie
6. Aaron
7. Lee
8. Mike
9. Andrew

Posted by Estee on 04-06-10 at 11:03 PM
*nods* Something is keeping Andrew's fanbase off the Internet radar. It may be a deflecting layer of hair gel.